• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Global Trade Station

Years
I had used GTS with my Pearl a couple of years ago. I traded some cloned lv100 Deoxys from my friend's Emerald to get a Garchomp, Milotic and Tyranitar, ll lv100, for collection purposes.
A couple of weeks ago, haven't yet figured out how to catch a Ducklett in Balck, I deposited a lv14 Audino in the GTS, and I got a lv25 female Ducklett named ~Aura. Needless to say that it's now a lv53 Swanna, and one of my best pokemon.
I also did a sort of cloning, I traded my Reshiram from my original Black to a Black ROM in my R4 ( for those not knoing what an R4 is, it's a cartridge-like device that has a Micro SD card and you can fill it with ROMs and play them in your DS), then I copied the ROM and its save file into my PC, then I traded Reshiram back to my Black and finally, copying the 2nd Black ROM with the Reshiram to the R4, and traded to Balck, so now I had two Reshirams, depositing one of them, asking for a Zecrom lv 50 & up (since Reshiram was lv53).
When I searched for a Zecrom, each one of them asked for a lv9 & under Reshiram/Zecrom. I don't get why people do this.

Anyway, I eventually got a lv77 Zecrom for my Reshiram. What I want now is a Rufflet, since I really love Braviarys, but I don't have it on dex, so I can't ask for it.=(

In other words, GTS=good.

Years
I saw a shiny Watchog and it required like a Serperior (I picked Tepig). All the Serperiors required like a lv. 9 and under Zekrom. I was pretty pissed.

But I did trade for an Accelgor, which was awesome, since I wasn't able to trade with myself or a friend at that point.

Overall GTS sucks though. I heard your Pokemon may disappear after awhile, so that scared me.

Years
I saw a shiny Watchog and it required like a Serperior (I picked Tepig). All the Serperiors required like a lv. 9 and under Zekrom. I was pretty pissed.

But I did trade for an Accelgor, which was awesome, since I wasn't able to trade with myself or a friend at that point.

Overall GTS sucks though. I heard your Pokemon may disappear after awhile, so that scared me.

Well that scares me too, but they will only dissapear if you leave them for months without checking them. But just leaving them for a week and then check back it's fine.

WolfricX

Water-Typer Master.
Years
I think GTSN is great, I use it almost every day! I have managed to get some awesome pokemon out of it such as a lv33 Excadrill for a lv59 Crawdunt with some ace stats and moves.

MamaSeeking

Pokemon Collector
Years
Yes I use gts. I'm currently offering Pokemon with the required evolutionary items so as to get Steelix an others of that nature. Lol Harder than I origanally thought.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
I have bad connection,so i can't use GTS...i was gonna trade a shiny peliper for a shiny feebas...

Years
I've started to go on the GTS a lot less lately. Like seriously, I can't look without someone asking for a Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem Level 9 or under. Why won't nintendo stop this? Is it really that hard? I LOVE going on GTS negotiations though. :D I'll be up at like 12AM EST and everyone in either Japan or Italy will pop up. It's so awesome^^! I got a Shiny Walrein from there.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
The GTS is great and all, but I don't like the fact that people like to ask for exceedingly impossible offers. But I scored some great offers by offering my own Pokemon...especially if I talk of foreign Pokemon. Because I can get shiny Pokemon from them easily! For GTS Negotiations, I don't seem to get much...only scored one trade, and I ended up getting a Nidoking, which I gave to a friend anyway. Kinda because I only used it once anyway.

Candra Software

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
About GTS Negotiations (if that's what the second option is called?). I use it all the time, but no one ever gave me any of the Kami-Trio Pokémon.

I don't know how the GTS of the first option works. So I deposit my Cobalion, search for some Pokémon, but when I try to trade all of my Pokémon aren't selectable. This is my very first year ever using the GTS by the way.

Years
I love using the Global Trade Station, its not bad if your only offering a Pokemon instead of actively seeking one out via the search menu.

The only thing I don't like is that you don't actually know the original place of origin for that Pokemon, so you don't know if that lvl 100 foreign Zekrom you've just got is hacked or not, even if its stats look right.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Negotiations are cool, but embaress me because all my good pokes are on platinum and I don't have another ds to transfer. So when they offer shiny raikous from events and all that, all i can do is just shake and offer a zorua. Which sucks.

GTS is awesome, as I got most of the things I usually want (still looking for an american ditto, but ill get it eventually) but the thing that pisses me off is that people keep asking for victini or lvl 9 or lower zekrom/reshiram/kyurem etc etc. Blegh.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
sometimes i get to many of a rare pokemon from eggs and put them on the gts for bidoof and magikarp and when i really need more space i put up some weak legendarys.
when i can't find any good deals on the gts becuase of all the people that expect a level 100 palkia for there bidoof or a level 1 gyrados i start hacking pokemon and trade them holding a note telling that that the pokemon they just recieved is fake and only learns splash

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I like gts really much, i have almost all my shinies from the gts, such as:
shiny deoxys, shiny darkrai, shiny shaymin, shiny charizard, shiny kricketot and i think i have 30 more from gts. My best gts pokemon is an ev'd shiny raichu with volt tackle.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Well, it's useful, but not useful... GTS is useless at the point that I'm at (just got 2nd badge) and I have nothing to offer for negotiations (that's worth anything...) other than that, it's quite useful. Got zeckrom, zoroark, and a genesect from it in my old file (save file got corrupted, most likely from my AR)

EDIT: chain trades in GTSN are super effective! Traded Snivy for Alartia for Groudon for Heidreigon for egg for egg for Beldum w/ eptic stats and Light Metal.

Last edited:
Years
I enjoy using both the GTS and GTS Negotiations.
The GTS I just use to deposit Pokemon , like my 500 Charmanders ( I am still trying to breed a shiny) ,because searching for Pokemon is just insane. They are all request low level Legendaries. Its just full of below level 9 Reshirams and Zekroms.
Negotiations I find more helpful , because you get to negotiate what you want. And it's fun

Years
It's completely useless for me, I've only seen two or three legit offers, mostly it's just people asking for Legends or Lv 100 Pokemon for Lv 1.

I tried to search for Bidoof and the offer was Bidoof Lv 12 for a Lv 100 Entei.

That Bidoof better be able to do blackflips and OHKO every Pokemon in the game.

Candra Software

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
If you check out my Global Link account, you'll see that I like to offer lots of legends to make people happy. That's pretty much the only way I can excel at Negotiations, giving away Shiny Legends for anything. One time I managed to give this one person all the Shiny Golems.

Back