• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite movie soundtrack?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
What's your favorite movie soundtrack? You can only choose one! Mine's Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II. Most definitely. Best soundtrack ever. The music is just so haunting and beautiful, I can't handle it. It makes me cry every time :(

And I don't care; I'm not going to be restricted to just one when I have two! The Love Actually soundtrack was so amazing, both the songs and the scores. It was a perfect mix of music for a wonderful movie.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I can't think of a more perfect soundtrack than Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind's.....

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Highlander. Yeah, yeah, whatever. I love Queen and any film that had them basically write an album's worth of music for the soundtrack is alright with me. Also Michael Kamen.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Tough. I have a lot of film soundtracks and I tend to drift in and out of certain ones for a couple of months at a time. But, I think my all time favourite is The Empire Strikes Back. Also a heck of a lot of that was not used in the film

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
How has no one said Lord of the Rings yet?
Just the soundtracks from all three are simply amazing.​
They are good. The way Shore managed to develop themes throughout the three scores with their full impact coming in the final film was impressive. Also, lots of leitmotif which I love. Like the films, the score works as one giant cohesive work

But, they're also kind of draining to listen to when you try to listen to the entire thing XD So, I don't do it often

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I can't think of a more perfect soundtrack than Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind's.....
Ooh, that's a good shout. Indeed, anything by Jon Brion is amazing...

But I'mma have to go with a cliche: Bernard Herrman's score to Psycho adds so much to that film. Apparently, Hitchcock wanted the film to be shot completely silently, but then completely reconsidered when he heard his beauty of a piece of music:

Chilling and haunting and oh-so-glorious. But even in the non-famous moments, the pulsating score just adds so much tension to the film that when it's NOT there, you think something even worse is going to go down. A masterpiece.

Years
There are a lot of great ones, but off the top of my head I'd have to say Juno and lord of the rings. (any of them)

Also, High school Musical 2's soundtrack is fun because it's just so incredibly bad.

"I'm not gonna stop, not gonna stop til I get my shot. That's who I am, this is my plan, will I end up on top? ... Bet on it, bet on it, bet on it, bet on it!"

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Thanks for the heads up on the Spotless Mind soundtrack, only discovered it now and it's such a fun listen :3

ALWAYS LOVED the soundtrack to Brother Bear.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Last of the Mohicans. I listen to that soundtrack and I feel dirty afterwards because it draws the hopeless romantic out of me.
3Of8R.gif

Bear

Fascist baby.
Years
Lost In Translation probably has the most positively melancholic group of songs that I've come across in any film. Not something to listen to repeatedly, but it's the soundtrack that I've found myself coming back to the most over the years.

Anything by Morricone is worth mentioning as well.

Years
I just watched The Muppets again and I remembered how much I love those songs.

But my favorite, if I have to choose one, is the soundtrack to Am?lie. It's all so romantic and French and I played it so much that I just killed it and can't listen to it anymore. Or maybe it's been long enough and I can. I dunno. I'm afraid to try in case it hasn't been enough time.

Years
I don't think I can just pick one.

If it's just score music we're talking about then it would probably be The Secret Garden, The Village, or A Series of Unfortunate Events.

If it's a compilation of songs then it would probably be Wicker Park or Whip It. Or maybe 500 Days of Summer.

Back