Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old May 9th, 2012 (6:30 AM).
halcyonic halcyonic is offline
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,477
Hey, this hack looks nice. I'm happy it's still in work for better results & gameplay.

Relevant Advertising!

  #27    
Old May 10th, 2012 (4:33 AM).
Shaly's Avatar
Shaly Shaly is offline
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: belgium
    Age: 27
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 59
    Is this normal that when i play i can't do a damn thing :p? i can just walk around... can't enter a building... Don't know where to get my starter... i downloaded the 1.05...
      #28    
    Old May 10th, 2012 (5:24 PM).
    Nick Nick is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Nov 2009
      Age: 19
      Posts: 5,220
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shaly View Post
      Is this normal that when i play i can't do a damn thing :p? i can just walk around... can't enter a building... Don't know where to get my starter... i downloaded the 1.05...
      This is because the latest release doesn't have hardly anything in it yet.

      I'm in the process of completely overhauling the graphics, to include new map tiles and hopefully new overworld sprites. I'm also thinking of researching how to use Sappy to insert some music from D/P/Pt.
        #29    
      Old May 11th, 2012 (1:07 AM).
      Shaly's Avatar
      Shaly Shaly is offline
      #IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: belgium
        Age: 27
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 59
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
        This is because the latest release doesn't have hardly anything in it yet.

        I'm in the process of completely overhauling the graphics, to include new map tiles and hopefully new overworld sprites. I'm also thinking of researching how to use Sappy to insert some music from D/P/Pt.
        Oh owkay cool :D! From what i saw so far. This game will be awesome!
        Keep it up and i hope i can play it very soon!
          #30    
        Old August 11th, 2012 (6:17 PM).
        Nick Nick is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Nov 2009
          Age: 19
          Posts: 5,220
          UPDATE

          A complete graphical, scriptical, and storical overhaul is in the works. This is not going to replace this hack. Rather, it is still going to be the same game, Dragonstone, with a whole new… well, everything. I'm updating everything to be best of my ability, but there is one problem.

          I have come across a major script/map roadblock, which caused me to phase out of ROM hacking so many months ago. Until I clear this utterly strange obstacle with an event script located in the west outskirts of Opal City, progress will not be moving anywhere near as fast as before. When I do clear this tedious error, expect a major game update, likely to be either alpha 2.0, or even beta 1.0 if I make enough changes to satisfy my judgement.

          Thanks,
          AlexTheRose
            #31    
          Old August 11th, 2012 (11:38 PM).
          classiccartoonsftw's Avatar
          classiccartoonsftw classiccartoonsftw is offline
          Nintendo is for awesome people
             
            Join Date: Jul 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 9,246
            Are you aware of the old Pokemon Dragonstone? You know, the one with Sevilithe in it?
            __________________


            Come play The Great Pokemon Battle 4!
              #32    
            Old August 11th, 2012 (11:48 PM).
            NightkymZ NightkymZ is offline
            Ultimate Tiles Matcher
               
              Join Date: Jan 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 19
              Its look good....Cant wait for the next release!
              __________________
              Hacks I Respect it Graphic:


              Incomming ROMHACK
              www.facebook.com/blackremakes
              http://www.romhack.me/shinynight
              http://www.romhack.me/jademerald

              Dont Forget To Like!
                #33    
              Old August 12th, 2012 (5:47 PM).
              Nick Nick is offline
              Banned
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2009
                Age: 19
                Posts: 5,220
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
                Are you aware of the old Pokemon Dragonstone? You know, the one with Sevilithe in it?
                No, I haven't heard of any such hack. I'll look it up sometime though.
                  #34    
                Old August 12th, 2012 (6:25 PM).
                PokemonMasters's Avatar
                PokemonMasters PokemonMasters is offline
                Always Remember Forever&After
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                  Location: Nuvema Town, Unova
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 403
                  where does the alpha end at?
                  __________________

                  +ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                    #35    
                  Old August 21st, 2012 (5:42 PM).
                  Nick Nick is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2009
                    Age: 19
                    Posts: 5,220
                    The alpha ends when I finish making enough of the game to meet my satisfaction, which will likely be when I flesh out the story enough to make the player decently intimate with its story. After that is achieved I will more than likely release a beta, and maybe a gamma release afterward if I think it isn't wholesomely complete enough.
                      #36    
                    Old September 9th, 2012 (4:52 PM).
                    Nick Nick is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2009
                      Age: 19
                      Posts: 5,220
                      NEW RELEASE

                      As promised, a HUGE new release for Pokémon Dragonstone is out. Pretty much everything has been completely redone, and a whole ton of new things have been added - not to mention it has been thoroughly tested, a.k.a. bug free!

                      The gameplay from start to finish should last roughly about an hour at normal speed. So, enjoy!

                      —AlexTheRose
                        #37    
                      Old September 10th, 2012 (1:56 AM).
                      Mr. Black's Avatar
                      Mr. Black Mr. Black is offline
                      Master Of Reality
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2011
                        Location: Sky Valley
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Gentle
                        Posts: 589
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
                        NEW RELEASE

                        As promised, a HUGE new release for Pokémon Dragonstone is out. Pretty much everything has been completely redone, and a whole ton of new things have been added - not to mention it has been thoroughly tested, a.k.a. bug free!

                        The gameplay from start to finish should last roughly about an hour at normal speed. So, enjoy!

                        —AlexTheRose
                        Sounds cool ! i'm going to try it sometime ! Also if you don't mind you could change the name a little bit because as mentioned before there were 2 more hacks with the same name ( pokemon dragonstone and pokemon dragonstone 2 ) just saying...
                          #38    
                        Old September 10th, 2012 (6:43 PM).
                        Nick Nick is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2009
                          Age: 19
                          Posts: 5,220
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
                          Sounds cool ! i'm going to try it sometime ! Also if you don't mind you could change the name a little bit because as mentioned before there were 2 more hacks with the same name ( pokemon dragonstone and pokemon dragonstone 2 ) just saying...
                          My hack shares a region name with Freako's Pokémon Bronze, and he said it would be fine. I think it would be the same with the title, provided the other hacker doesn't inquire about it ;D.
                            #39    
                          Old September 10th, 2012 (9:58 PM).
                          Mr. Black's Avatar
                          Mr. Black Mr. Black is offline
                          Master Of Reality
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2011
                            Location: Sky Valley
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Gentle
                            Posts: 589
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
                            My hack shares a region name with Freako's Pokémon Bronze, and he said it would be fine. I think it would be the same with the title, provided the other hacker doesn't inquire about it ;D.
                            I don't think there is a problem because both dragonstone 1&2 were made by an anonymous hacker i think...no one knows who made it...or i don't know...but it was a really weird hack...
                              #40    
                            Old September 11th, 2012 (4:10 AM).
                            Alignment's Avatar
                            Alignment Alignment is offline
                            Revered with the stars
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2010
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 308
                              Mecha doll 2.0 blockage application LOLOLOL
                              I'm not sure if that's because you don't know how to script that part or it was done intentionally but that was really funny to see.

                              Kinda weird that they look like humans and were created for the sole purpose of blocking routes :P
                                #41    
                              Old September 11th, 2012 (11:41 AM).
                              Nick Nick is offline
                              Banned
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2009
                                Age: 19
                                Posts: 5,220
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Alignment View Post
                                Mecha doll 2.0 blockage application LOLOLOL
                                I'm not sure if that's because you don't know how to script that part or it was done intentionally but that was really funny to see.

                                Kinda weird that they look like humans and were created for the sole purpose of blocking routes
                                It's not that I was too lazy to do it, but I thought it would be cool to implement Mechadolls into Dragonstone because they're good for automated things, like for instance a mail system can be set up using them .
                                  #42    
                                Old September 11th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
                                uran10 uran10 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2011
                                  Posts: 27
                                  Glitch you get cut not strength.
                                  __________________
                                  Check out my youtube account
                                    #43    
                                  Old September 25th, 2012 (8:39 AM).
                                  Nick Nick is offline
                                  Banned
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2009
                                    Age: 19
                                    Posts: 5,220
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by uran10 View Post
                                    Glitch you get cut not strength.
                                    I see. Since its not really needed for any advancement (the boulder in Opal doesn't lead to anything important) it'll be fixed in the next major update. I would release a patch now, but I've already started on a route south of Opal.
                                      #44    
                                    Old January 20th, 2013 (7:19 PM). Edited January 21st, 2013 by Nick.
                                    Nick Nick is offline
                                    Banned
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2009
                                      Age: 19
                                      Posts: 5,220
                                      UPDATE

                                      Yes, after a long while, Dragonstone Alpha 1.8 is in the works. There will be two new towns, two/three new routes, and a dungeon called Equinox Cave. I'll go ahead and mention that one of the cities will have a huge hi-tech power plant where something interesting will take place.

                                      Some screenshots:
                                        #45    
                                      Old January 21st, 2013 (2:13 PM).
                                      playplayj's Avatar
                                      playplayj playplayj is offline
                                      TheArchangle
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2012
                                        Location: Under your bed
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 87
                                        This looks very interesting and promising. I will definitely start playing this hack, my only question is you mentioned something special about the Surskit? Does it have increased base stats or something?
                                        __________________
                                          #46    
                                        Old January 21st, 2013 (6:18 PM).
                                        Nick Nick is offline
                                        Banned
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2009
                                          Age: 19
                                          Posts: 5,220
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
                                          This looks very interesting and promising. I will definitely start playing this hack, my only question is you mentioned something special about the Surskit? Does it have increased base stats or something?
                                          The stats of Masquerain will be slightly boosted, but the Pokémon's moveset will be better than that of some legendary Pokémon (like Powder Snow at level 10). At the same time, it will be somewhat challenging - it's not like it would be super easy or anything .
                                            #47    
                                          Old January 24th, 2013 (1:22 PM).
                                          LunarStar LunarStar is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2013
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 6
                                            Cant wait till game is fully released looks soo good
                                              #48    
                                            Old January 24th, 2013 (8:39 PM).
                                            Nick Nick is offline
                                            Banned
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2009
                                              Age: 19
                                              Posts: 5,220


                                              I got my school computer back after three weeks of being in repair. Because of this, Dragonstone's Alpha 1.8 release should be coming up really soon.

                                              I hope to pick up the pace with hacking this game, and maybe Draco version will go into beta! :)
                                                #49    
                                              Old January 31st, 2013 (3:42 AM).
                                              Shaly's Avatar
                                              Shaly Shaly is offline
                                              #IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2011
                                                Location: belgium
                                                Age: 27
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Relaxed
                                                Posts: 59
                                                Yeeeeey! Good news Can't wait to play it!
                                                  #50    
                                                Old January 31st, 2013 (12:11 PM).
                                                Darkrai Lv.1000's Avatar
                                                Darkrai Lv.1000 Darkrai Lv.1000 is offline
                                                Has a tendency to figure things out
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                                                  Location: On an island with Hakaze
                                                  Age: 23
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Quirky
                                                  Posts: 695
                                                  When I saw the name of the hack, I thought at first that it was a remake/revival of the old Pokemon Dragonstone romhack (the first romhack I played too xD ).

                                                  I'm liking this though. Looking forward to the finished product!
                                                  __________________
                                                  Closed Thread

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:50 PM.