ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2012 (7:57 AM).
hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Nature: Bashful
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
    Fakémon - Any Pokémon created for a hack that does not exist in the game which is being hacked.

Most hacks that I've seen around here involve Fakémon - sometimes all 386 catchable characters in the game are Fakémon, in fact. Do we have a list anywhere of hacks created that do NOT employ Fakémon? I am familiar with this thread. but many of these even have Fakémon in them. What I'd love to see is a new region, maybe a new story, etc. that uses the existing Pokémon and doesn't destroy what's already there. In other words, everything else is fair game (even evolutionary chains for those that evolve by trading normally), but just use the existing Pokémon. I make odd exceptions; for instance, I'm trying out Shining Opal where the starter is swapped with an experimental one from the lab (with special rules, such as it must remain in your party at all times), but all catchable Pokémon are otherwise the existing ones and this is the only Fakémon; something like that makes a good storyline.

So, if anyone can point to games that use only existing Pokémon, I am interested. :)

FTR, yes, adding Zorua or Rufflet (or so on) to Ruby/Emerald qualifies as Fakémon.

Cyclone
    SkyLine by DJG may be only using 3rd gen and before, if I recall... Unless I misread it... Anyway, all of the remakes (ShinyGold, Liquid Crystal, CrystalDust) don't either, neither do the Omega, 386 or harder versions hacks (they count, Okay?)

Temmie vibrates intensely.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 10th, 2012 (8:53 AM).
    Eye of the Storm

Yeah, I'm playing CrystalDust and am familiar with both ShinyGold and Liquid Crystal. I wish there were more original games using the same set of Pokémon, though.

I will look at SkyLine.

So a question on these others that I referred to that use 4th/5th gen. Are the sprites literally pasted over top of something else, or are they actually coded as their own Pokédex with their original stat and move lists?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
      Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old August 10th, 2012 (8:58 AM).
      hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
        Yeah, I'm playing CrystalDust and am familiar with both ShinyGold and Liquid Crystal. I wish there were more original games using the same set of Pokémon, though.

I will look at SkyLine.

So a question on these others that I referred to that use 4th/5th gen. Are the sprites literally pasted over top of something else, or are they actually coded as their own Pokédex with their original stat and move lists?

Cyclone
        Depends on the hack. Most, if not all, at least have the stats and movelists changed to be similar (but not identical due to lack of 4th and 5th gen moves), and some do have the Pokedex entries changed to match what the Pokemon now is. It truly depends on the hack.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old August 10th, 2012 (12:48 PM).

Hi again.

I've been trying to set a level script for the starting map (4.1)

I've tried it the hard way (adding a new script to tag with 0x168CC8 (which is the starting script), but nothing I did worked. Then, I've tried to replace the data for the new level script, as follows:

Code:
          #org 0x168CC8 'original level script address for the room
          call 0x8800A82
          end

#org 0x800A82
          spriteface 0xFF 0x2
          setvar 0x4056 0x1 'this line and the above are the contents of the original levelscript
          lock
          msgbox 0x8800B20 MSG_NORMAL
          pause 0x3F
          msgbox 0x8800B8E MSG_KEEPOPEN
          setvar 0x8004 0x1
          setvar 0x8005 0x1
          setvar 0x8006 0xC
          setvar 0x8007 0x2
          special 0x136
          msgbox 0x8800BAC MSG_KEEPOPEN
          pause 0x1C
          closeonkeypress
          release
          end
          No matter what I do, the game freezes right after the oak intro, before you appear into your room.
          The script itself isn't a problem (I've assigned it to a NPC, and it works as it should). However it as a level script breaks. I've even tried to put it in another map (4,2, which has no level scripts) and it didn't work as well.
          What might be wrong?
          Old August 10th, 2012 (5:11 PM). Edited August 10th, 2012 by mrjimi16.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Daikoru View Post
            It appears I've been forgotten already? I'm still waiting for an answer.
            Perhaps this is just me being an ass, but are you sure that you are reloading the game? That is of course the first thing to check, but you didn't say anything about it so I figure, eh, why not mention it? Lets hope it is something like this because, though you will feel like an idiot for a few seconds, you should soon realize that this is a much better closing to the problem since any other would be dropping the move or involve lots of extra work. Good Luck either way.

Also, I am having the same problem as the above post with regards to my level scripts.
            Spoiler:
            #org 0x801065
            special2 0x5000 0xB4
            end

#org 0x80106C
            special 0xCE
            msgbox 0x8800F7E MSG_NORMAL '"Congratulations [player]!\nYou jus..."
            setvar 0x5000 0x0
            setvar 0x5001 0x1
            warp 0x4 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x0

What is supposed to happen is that the first script checks the result of the last battle (special 0xB4) and then writes to the variable 0x5000 a value depending on the result and should only run while the variable 0x5001 is 0. The second script should run when 0x5000 is set to 7 (which means a Pokemon was caught), the special ends a safari zone type session and the rest is obvious. What happens is as soon as I step into the map, the player gets locked as if the game is having trouble completing the script (it is seemingly identical to if you try to run a script event without setting the "Var number" in advance map). Naturally, I have run the two scripts in order using other methods, but given the nature of what I want to do, I cannot let that happen (the player should only be able to catch one Pokemon and if they run out of safari balls, I run into issues (the safari zone special script will send them to the map of the safari zone of the official games and I have no way to alter that). As far as I can tell, this is an advance-map issue, but a new set of eyes might see something I have missed.
            Old August 10th, 2012 (5:40 PM). Edited August 10th, 2012 by Darkrai Lv.1000.
            Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Quirky
              If I were to hack the ???-type as the type for some attacks, would they be able to land critical hits? So far, I'm not seeing any. :/
              Also, if you happen to know the battle script for high critical hit ratio (any rom), please tell me, it'd be helpful to me in finding it in Ruby.
              Old August 10th, 2012 (9:11 PM).
              Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by leogrecchi View Post
                Hi again.

I've been trying to set a level script for the starting map (4.1)

I've tried it the hard way (adding a new script to tag with 0x168CC8 (which is the starting script), but nothing I did worked. Then, I've tried to replace the data for the new level script, as follows:

Code:
                #org 0x168CC8 'original level script address for the room
                call 0x8800A82
                end

#org 0x800A82
                spriteface 0xFF 0x2
                setvar 0x4056 0x1 'this line and the above are the contents of the original levelscript
                lock
                pause 0x3F
                msgbox 0x8800B8E MSG_KEEPOPEN
                setvar 0x8004 0x1
                setvar 0x8005 0x1
                setvar 0x8006 0xC
                setvar 0x8007 0x2
                special 0x136
                msgbox 0x8800BAC MSG_KEEPOPEN
                pause 0x1C
                closeonkeypress
                release
                end
                No matter what I do, the game freezes right after the oak intro, before you appear into your room.
                The script itself isn't a problem (I've assigned it to a NPC, and it works as it should). However it as a level script breaks. I've even tried to put it in another map (4,2, which has no level scripts) and it didn't work as well.
                What might be wrong?
                Time to take a shot in the dark...

If memory serves, the original script (the spriteface one) is a very special type of level script, type [04]. This type of level script is specifically designed to run before the player has finished warping, allowing you to face up when you first start the game, instead of down like a traditional warp.

Additionally, this type of level script is EXTREMELY picky about the commands it runs...it should only really be used for things like spriteface, and I've found the specials that put the player on the surf and bike work with it as well. Messages, however, don't. For that, you need to use type [02] level scripts.

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old August 11th, 2012 (1:50 AM).

Nature: Bold
                  Hey! I am trying to change the water to a different tile but I can't figure out which tileset from A-Map the water is in! Help please!
                  Old August 11th, 2012 (1:52 AM).
                  hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by EHero70 View Post
                    Hey! I am trying to change the water to a different tile but I can't figure out which tileset from A-Map the water is in! Help please!
                    The water is always in the main tileset, Tileset 0. So, just go to Block Editor, find the pallette that the water uses (depends on the ROM, it is mainly just blues) and then "Save Tileset 1" (which saves the main tileset), then find the water.

Yet, to truly change the water, you also need to change the animation of the water with AnimEditor which I advise you find.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old August 11th, 2012 (2:00 AM).

Ok but now it wont let me save tileset 0. It says Export of this palette is not possiable, there are multiple entries of the same color in this palette.
                      Old August 11th, 2012 (4:10 AM).

Hello everyone, I just repost my question. Hope now have someone can answer me.

1.This question is about .s file. .s file original manuscript is Unknown Application, I double click the .s file. After that, It appeared 2 choices " Use the Web service to find the correct program " and "
                        Select a program from a list of installed programs ". I choosed "
                        Select a program from a list of installed programs " and choose Notepad and checked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
                        Then, I use Sappy 2006 mod 15 to assembly .s file and click " Cook it "( In another Version that's "Assembly that ugly thing", it appeared a error, "XXXX Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion Assembly halted". I placed MPlayDef.s file with the .s file I wanted to insert my rom, but also have this problem, so I think is the " "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" problem, it's make the .s file doesn't show .s. I use Windows 7, how can I change the .s file return to Unknown Application? Or a else way to fix this problem.

Hope have someone can know what I want to express.

Now I have a Map Script problem.

2. I create a map script to show the ship started to gone. For example:

When I get in the ship, the map script is activate, for my map script I used the setvar 0x5000 0x1 for this map script before.

#dynamic 0x800000
                        #org @talk
                        setvar 0x5000 0x0002
                        warpmuted 0x1 0x7 0xFF 0x20 0x0F
                        release
                        end

I need to warpmuted to a dock and load the map script to show the ship is gone. For my map script:

#dynamic 0x800000
                        #org @script
                        applymovement 0xFF @hide
                        waitmovement 0x0
                        applymovement 0x1 @gone
                        waitmovement 0x0
                        setvar 0x5000 0x3
                        warpmuted 0x1 0x4 0xFF 0x20 0x07
                        release
                        end
                        #org @hide
                        #raw 0x60
                        #raw 0xFE
                        #org @ride
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xA
                        #raw 0xFE

The person event no.1 is for the ship. Then I warpmuted back inside the it appeared the text box and unknown word. I pressed A button it dissapeared and appeared and repeat and repeat. For example:

How to fix this problem?

I already setvar, the map script flag inside the ship is 5000 and value is 0001 and at the dock value is 0002.

3)Have everyone know how to close the JPAN Fire red hacked engine show uncompressed image? I only know how to display it but don't know how to hide it. A extra question, can an uncompressed image can more than 16 colour?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
                        Old August 11th, 2012 (5:20 AM).
                        hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

For number 1, you need to deassociate the .s file from any program, it needs to be a program that has no default Program to open it otherwise Sappy can't open the MPlayDef.s file. To do that, you need a certain program, I dunno if I can link to it, but search for Creative Element Power Tools. It's a series of programs, and one of them can change file associations so you can remove the association you made for .s files and NotePad.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old August 11th, 2012 (6:51 AM).

Hello.
                            I have few questions about hacking fire red. First: It is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever.
                            Second: how I can change pokemon from trade with NPC. 4 exapmle in underground path is girl, who want exchange Farfetchd on Spearow, and i want to change that pokemon for any others.
                            Thanks in advance.
                            Old August 11th, 2012 (9:13 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by botnaeasy View Post
                              Hello.
                              I have few questions about hacking fire red. First: It is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever.
                              Second: how I can change pokemon from trade with NPC. 4 exapmle in underground path is girl, who want exchange Farfetchd on Spearow, and i want to change that pokemon for any others.
                              Thanks in advance.
                              i dunno bout the script, but there's a tool to change the trades...
                              its on ZodiacDaGreat's tool thread here

Old August 11th, 2012 (10:35 AM).

Hey, I was wondering, is there anyway to gender lock the character at the beginning of Fire Red? You know, remove Oak's "Are you a boy? Or a girl?" question so that you're automatically a gender without a choice? I don't care if it requires ASM, I already have to hex edit to change the graphics anyway, I just want somebody to point me in the right direction.
                                Old August 11th, 2012 (11:22 AM).

thanks Ark_Silvanos.
                                  I'm waiting for answer to: it is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever? sorry for trouble and thanks for help.
                                  Old August 11th, 2012 (11:38 AM).
                                  hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Quote:
                                    thanks Ark_Silvanos.
                                    I'm waiting for answer to: it is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever? sorry for trouble and thanks for help.
                                    So far, no known way that is as simple as it seems. One way is to not use the Day Care and utilise that in a script instead to act as a remove Pokemon area, but I don't know if that uses ASM. Otherwise, you will need ASM and extensive knowledge of it to do that.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old August 11th, 2012 (4:53 PM). Edited August 11th, 2012 by destinydownloads.
                                    destinydownloads destinydownloads is offline

Alright I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this question or not but here goes.
                                      I am trying to help some people create a digimon hack. But as you may or may not know some of the digimon are pretty huge, and so I find it difficult to fit it into 64x64 space. So does anyone know of any tutorials which will help me?
                                      Old August 11th, 2012 (6:15 PM).
                                      Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                                      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                                      Quote:
                                      thanks Ark_Silvanos.
                                      Currently there are two ways to remove a person's Pokemon forever; HackMew's ASM document and metapod23's script. HackMew's ASM is the better choice, but if you don't know how to insert ASM then go for metapod's (but I still highly recommend that you learn how to insert ASM)

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by destinydownloads View Post
                                      Alright I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this question or not but here goes.
                                      I am trying to help some people create a digimon hack. But as you may or may not know some of the digimon are pretty huge, and so I find it difficult to fit it into 64x64 space. So does anyone know of any tutorials which will help me?
                                      Nope, nobody has been able to do that yet so there won't be any tutorials. In order to have larger sprites, the entire code which deals with storing and displaying sprites would have to be rewritten. Not to mention there would be other problematic areas such looking at your Pokemon in the summary screen or evolutions. Unfortunately you'll have to stick with 64x64 sprites for the foreseeable future.
                                      Old August 11th, 2012 (8:21 PM).
                                      巨大なトロール。
                                      • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by destinydownloads View Post
                                      With the way that the GBA hardware works, 64x64 is the limit. Unless of course you completely re-write the entire battle engine. Totally not worth it.
                                      Old August 11th, 2012 (9:48 PM). Edited August 11th, 2012 by dt200.
                                      Was and will be forever alone.

Nature: Lonely
                                        At what offset did Nintendo compile their scripts for emerald? From which offset to which? Thanks!

Pokémon games i own:
                                        Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
                                        Pokemon Firered
                                        Pokemon Emerald
                                        Pokemon Crystal
                                        Pokemon Yellow
                                        Pokemon HG/SS
                                        Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
                                        -Started by SkittyLover77
                                        Old August 12th, 2012 (2:33 AM).
                                        No0b, but getting there.

Is there a ROM hack that essentially the original Pokemon Red/Blue in GBA form?

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
                                          Old August 12th, 2012 (3:38 AM).

Thanks DrFuji it work.
                                            HackMew, Metapod23 and Thethethethe did a good job.
                                            Old August 12th, 2012 (6:16 AM).
                                            巨大なトロール。
                                            • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
                                            Is there a ROM hack that essentially the original Pokemon Red/Blue in GBA form?
                                            What's wrong with the official remakes?
                                            Old August 12th, 2012 (6:30 AM).
                                            No0b, but getting there.

I'm guessing not then. Nothing is wrong with them, I just love the originals, but annoyed by the limitations.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
                                              Closed Thread

Quick Reply