Meet & Greet New forum users, start here! Introduce yourself to the community, welcome your fellow members, and discover all of the cool things you can do around PokéCommunity.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old August 13th, 2012 (8:41 PM).
Meganium's Avatar
Meganium Meganium is offline
git gud or get r e k t
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Galveston, TX
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 17,045
It's fine. xD We do have PkMnTrainer Yellow for Roleplaying since you're interested in that. She'll take you around the section as well as recommend you a few roleplays. :)
__________________

discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
I got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Relevant Advertising!

  #102    
Old August 13th, 2012 (9:44 PM).
rainerman3's Avatar
rainerman3 rainerman3 is offline
The Guy With THE Aura
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Europe, Estonia, Lääne-Virumaa, Aaspere
    Age: 17
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Docile
    Posts: 92
    Hmm well that sucks. :/ i was hoping to get someone to help me make signatures and avatars...
    __________________
    Lugia
    Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
      #103    
    Old August 14th, 2012 (1:15 PM).
    Hovde's Avatar
    Hovde Hovde is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2012
      Location: Arlington WA
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 53
      sounds great. thanks. i was wondering exactly how this mentoring thing is going to work
        #104    
      Old August 14th, 2012 (2:13 PM).
      Meganium's Avatar
      Meganium Meganium is offline
      git gud or get r e k t
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Location: Galveston, TX
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 17,045
      Yellow has been contacted and she'll take you in when she gets a chance. Have fun! :)
      __________________

      discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
      I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
        #105    
      Old August 14th, 2012 (2:41 PM).
      p0kem0n789's Avatar
      p0kem0n789 p0kem0n789 is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2012
        Location: Fl
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 5
        hi there
        1. What boards are you most interested in? Creative Discussions i guess
        2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?Art Gallery ,
        Game Development
        3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? i think Off-Topic Discussions
        4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? the art of the sprite and Game Developments
          #106    
        Old August 15th, 2012 (2:46 AM).
        Pinkish Purple's Avatar
        Pinkish Purple Pinkish Purple is offline
        五代目水影
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Kirigakure
        Age: 19
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 368
        1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation >:O

        2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Fan Fiction (Stories~)

        3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Not really FOR NOW....
        write.
        4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? To learn how to make a hack. I have always wanted to make one with Emerald.
          #107    
        Old August 15th, 2012 (4:40 AM).
        BlueFireXXi's Avatar
        BlueFireXXi BlueFireXXi is offline
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 4
          Hello there!Im newish,and im confused about a LOT of thing's.I think you can help me.
          1. What boards are you most interested in? Im intrested in ROM hacking as well as battling and,well,just plain out chatting
          2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? ROM hacking!
          3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes,i would like to go to alot more than listed above.
          4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? ROM Hacking !
            #108    
          Old August 15th, 2012 (6:42 AM).
          Meganium's Avatar
          Meganium Meganium is offline
          git gud or get r e k t
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Location: Galveston, TX
          Age: 26
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 17,045
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by p0kem0n789 View Post
          hi there :)
          1. What boards are you most interested in? Creative Discussions i guess
          2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?Art Gallery ,
          Game Development
          3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? i think Off-Topic Discussions
          4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? the art of the sprite and Game Developments
          There's a bit of a problem with your request there. The Creative Discussions mentor, Abnegation, is currently not available. Your second choices, however, Art Gallery and Off-Topic, have mentors available. There's Cirno for Art Gallery, as well as Razor Leaf, Shining Raichu, and Livewire for Off-Topic.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
          1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation >:O

          2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Fan Fiction (Stories~)

          3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Not really FOR NOW....
          write.
          4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? To learn how to make a hack. I have always wanted to make one with Emerald.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by BlueFireXXi View Post
          Hello there!Im newish,and im confused about a LOT of thing's.I think you can help me.
          1. What boards are you most interested in? Im intrested in ROM hacking as well as battling and,well,just plain out chatting
          2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? ROM hacking!
          3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes,i would like to go to alot more than listed above.
          4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? ROM Hacking !
          For you two, we still have DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation. But I would like to remind you two that they are there to guide you around the section, not to answer questions or help you out with your hack. I cannot direct you to a mentor if you need that kind of help. There are sticky threads for those.
          __________________

          discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
          I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
            #109    
          Old August 15th, 2012 (7:06 AM).
          BlueFireXXi's Avatar
          BlueFireXXi BlueFireXXi is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 4
            Oh,thank's...eh,im starting to get my bearing's,anyway's,so it's fine.
            __________________
            I like the fact that tomorrow,i will be able to make a game where everything is as cute as mareep...It's a happy thought...
              #110    
            Old August 15th, 2012 (2:52 PM).
            IceFyr1928's Avatar
            IceFyr1928 IceFyr1928 is offline
            Is now DeathofShadows
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Upper Canterlot, Equestria
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 758
              Well, i have had a bit of exp w/ forum typpe websites before (pokestadium, mostly for the pokecreator) so i like spriting... I guess i would like to learn about comp. battling ( pokestadium didnt explain that) and find any fic writing threads around. RAYQUAZA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
              __________________
              THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE
                #111    
              Old August 15th, 2012 (2:58 PM).
              Meganium's Avatar
              Meganium Meganium is offline
              git gud or get r e k t
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2010
              Location: Galveston, TX
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 17,045
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
              Well, i have had a bit of exp w/ forum typpe websites before (pokestadium, mostly for the pokecreator) so i like spriting... I guess i would like to learn about comp. battling ( pokestadium didnt explain that) and find any fic writing threads around. RAYQUAZA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
              Okay! That's a good way to start. :) Requility can take you around the Battling sections as well as Cirno who can take you around the Art Gallery sections as well. Depending on what you're interested in best. Both mentors are available. :D
                #112    
              Old August 15th, 2012 (8:02 PM).
              That one username's Avatar
              That one username That one username is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2012
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Impish
                Posts: 2
                Seeking mentor, Rom Hacking and maybe some fanfiction help too.

                Alrighty, I'm finally getting into rom hacking after wanting to all these years.
                I'm a pretty computer savvy guy myself, but never got into it. The sad part is now I have Windows 7 Home, so a majority of the tools will not work for me. I have a story board and plot scheme in the making. I'd like to create something that everyone is asking for but no one has given. I need a mentor to show me the ropes, and if you'd like to help me out when I restart my big project, then that would be perfectly fine.
                __________________

                http://www.facebook.com/PokemonKnaveyOfficial
                Quote:
                Yes, we spelled it wrong. Oops.
                  #113    
                Old August 15th, 2012 (10:53 PM).
                Meganium's Avatar
                Meganium Meganium is offline
                git gud or get r e k t
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2010
                Location: Galveston, TX
                Age: 26
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 17,045
                Kinda sounds like you want someone to help you out on your hack. I can direct you to one of the Emulation mentors if you want to learn more about the sections, but I will need to remind you that I can't direct you to a mentor if you just need help on your ROM Hack, or need someone on your team, as we have sticky threads for those, actually. If you're interested in learning where the tutorials are or the tools, as well as get a few questions answered, then I can direct you to DrFuji.
                  #114    
                Old August 16th, 2012 (8:53 AM).
                S7Kid's Avatar
                S7Kid S7Kid is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                  Location: Argentina
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 14
                  1. What boards are you most interested in?

                  Current Generation Pokémon Gaming.

                  2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?

                  Black and White, Trade Corner and Competitive Battling Center.

                  3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?

                  Uhm, Pokémon Clubs I guess. I'll probably get into the other areas eventually.

                  4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?

                  Try to catch up with the new generations (The current meta, new moves, builds and all that stuff) and meeting new people.
                  __________________
                    #115    
                  Old August 16th, 2012 (11:19 AM).
                  Meganium's Avatar
                  Meganium Meganium is offline
                  git gud or get r e k t
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Location: Galveston, TX
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 17,045
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by S7Kid View Post
                  1. What boards are you most interested in?

                  Current Generation Pokémon Gaming.

                  2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?

                  Black and White, Trade Corner and Competitive Battling Center.

                  3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?

                  Uhm, Pokémon Clubs I guess. I'll probably get into the other areas eventually.

                  4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?

                  Try to catch up with the new generations (The current meta, new moves, builds and all that stuff) and meeting new people.
                  & a big welcome to you, S7Kid. :D Current Generation Pokemon Gaming is a broad board, as we have mentors for separate sections. If you can tell me which area of that section you are willing to learn more about, that would be totally be splendid. :D I will let you know now that all mentors from Black & White, Trade Corner, and Competitive Battling Center (except for PlatinumDude) are available. :)
                    #116    
                  Old August 16th, 2012 (3:25 PM).
                  S7Kid's Avatar
                  S7Kid S7Kid is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                    Location: Argentina
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14
                    Well, those are actually the boards I'm interested in (Trade Corner > Black & White > Competitive Battling Center).
                    So uhm, I'd like Requility to be my mentor if that's okay.
                    __________________
                      #117    
                    Old August 16th, 2012 (8:24 PM).
                    Bladethorn's Avatar
                    Bladethorn Bladethorn is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2012
                      Location: U.S.
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 3
                      Hi there, everyone! :D I'm Bladethorn and I came to the forums seeking help in learning how to use Pokemon Essentials with RPG Maker XP. I've always been interested in game making but I know next to nothing about it. So far I've been using tutorials and the wiki to help me get further but after seeing the mentor section I'm jumping to it.
                      Essentially, I'm looking for a mentor to show me the ropes for Pokemon Essentials and RPG making
                      (If someone is making a game and needs storyline help I'd be more than willing to trade writing assistance for technical help! I'm an experienced writer and would certainly feel less useless if I could trade help-for-help)
                        #118    
                      Old August 16th, 2012 (9:53 PM). Edited August 16th, 2012 by IceFyr1928.
                      IceFyr1928's Avatar
                      IceFyr1928 IceFyr1928 is offline
                      Is now DeathofShadows
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2012
                        Location: Upper Canterlot, Equestria
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 758
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
                        Okay! That's a good way to start. Requility can take you around the Battling sections as well as Cirno who can take you around the Art Gallery sections as well. Depending on what you're interested in best. Both mentors are available. :D
                        I do belive Cirno sounds best pour moi! XD
                        Also may need help w/ the app & how to get around onit...
                        __________________
                        THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE
                          #119    
                        Old August 16th, 2012 (10:17 PM).
                        Meganium's Avatar
                        Meganium Meganium is offline
                        git gud or get r e k t
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Location: Galveston, TX
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 17,045
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by S7Kid View Post
                        Well, those are actually the boards I'm interested in (Trade Corner > Black & White > Competitive Battling Center).
                        So uhm, I'd like Requility to be my mentor if that's okay.
                        Requility should have contacted you by now. Have fun! :D

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Bladethorn View Post
                        Hi there, everyone! :D I'm Bladethorn and I came to the forums seeking help in learning how to use Pokemon Essentials with RPG Maker XP. I've always been interested in game making but I know next to nothing about it. So far I've been using tutorials and the wiki to help me get further but after seeing the mentor section I'm jumping to it.
                        Essentially, I'm looking for a mentor to show me the ropes for Pokemon Essentials and RPG making :)
                        (If someone is making a game and needs storyline help I'd be more than willing to trade writing assistance for technical help! I'm an experienced writer and would certainly feel less useless if I could trade help-for-help)
                        The problem here with your request is the Game Development mentor, Abnegation is unavailable at this time to show you around the GD section as well as showing you the ropes on the Pokemon Essentials program offered here on PC. If you would like to wait a bit for him to return, or if you would like to choose a different section to learn about, that's fine!

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
                        I do belive Cirno sounds best pour moi! XD
                        Also may need help w/ the app & how to get around onit...
                        I shall contact Cirno asap. :D You'll hear from her pretty soon. Have fun!
                        __________________

                        discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
                        I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
                          #120    
                        Old August 17th, 2012 (7:46 AM).
                        S7Kid's Avatar
                        S7Kid S7Kid is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2012
                          Location: Argentina
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 14
                          Awesome. Thanks
                          I'll PM him/her now.
                          __________________
                            #121    
                          Old August 17th, 2012 (9:24 AM). Edited August 17th, 2012 by LiquoriceBeef.
                          LiquoriceBeef LiquoriceBeef is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 24
                            I'd like a mentor, preferably somebody who knows a bit about emulation and challenges.
                            1. What boards are you most interested in?
                            I am very interested in the ROM Hacking boards; I started out with Snakewood, loved it and now I'm hooked!
                            2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
                            I'd like to know more about ROM Hacking, as I really find it fascinating and want to know more.
                            3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
                            Yep! I'd like to learn more about challenges, the Nuzlocke thingy sounds interesting.
                            4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
                            Nope. Could you suggest a few?

                            Edit: I've been on the boards for a few weeks but I haven't been feeling very ambitious so I literally have done NOTHING. I urgently need a mentor!
                              #122    
                            Old August 17th, 2012 (11:19 AM).
                            Meganium's Avatar
                            Meganium Meganium is offline
                            git gud or get r e k t
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                            Location: Galveston, TX
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Female
                            Nature: Brave
                            Posts: 17,045
                            I'd be happy to direct you to DrFuji if you like. :D He's an Emulation mod and he'll be more than happy to guide you around the sections there. Glad to see you enjoyed our hacks. :D I would have directed you to Sydian, who's currently the Challenges mentor, but she is not available at this time.

                            If you respond by tonight, you'll be adopted. Kinda busy at this time so I'll do my best to get you adopted by then. :)
                            __________________

                            discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
                            I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
                              #123    
                            Old August 17th, 2012 (11:45 AM).
                            LiquoriceBeef LiquoriceBeef is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 24
                              I'd love to be paired with DrFuji. Am I responding too late? :c
                                #124    
                              Old August 17th, 2012 (7:07 PM).
                              TrainerThuanology TrainerThuanology is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1
                                What Boards are you interested in? Roleplay, General pokemon gaming, Rom/Hacks,(new to everything)
                                What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Getting to understand the challenges
                                Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes I would like to be a mentor if that's possible, possibly provide more information about pokemon and jazz like that.
                                  #125    
                                Old August 18th, 2012 (9:00 AM).
                                Rocket_Bailey's Avatar
                                Rocket_Bailey Rocket_Bailey is offline
                                Rocket's secret Weapon
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                                  Location: Wales
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Lonely
                                  Posts: 9
                                  1. What boards are you most interested in? Fan fictions, Role play, Chat and challenge games. 2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? The role play mostly. 3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? Maybe looking into Roms and the anime discussion forums. 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Again mostly the role play and the chatting with new friends.
                                  __________________
                                  Closed Thread

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:07 AM.