• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
7077 Johto starters.

The weekly hunt is one of my quests!! I'll probably go for a Ghost-type sometime this week. I have 5 of 15 so far, so I'm a third of the way there! :)

G-Money, please can you link some guides

Sure thing!

Chaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuh9_Gi8PI

Serebii.net said:
As you battle the Pokémon and your chain increases, the chances of seeing a Shiny Pokémon also increases up until you're on the 40th chain where it levels out. Continue the chain and you may see the grass glow instead of shaking. If this occurs, there is a shiny Pokémon there. When you defeat or capture a Pokémon you have discovered with the PokéRadar, the chain begins and you need to follow the chain to other grass tiles to continue the chain. These chains are broken when a different Pokémon appears or you encounter a Wild Pokémon outside of the set grass tiles so it is recommended that you use Repel or other Wild Pokémon prevention techniques. Shiny Pokémon are easily findable with the PokéRadar. If you have found a Shiny Pokémon with the PokéRadar, the grass will shine as opposed to shaking. With chaining, you have the ability to increase the likelihood of finding a Shiny Pokémon. This is done by having a prolonged chain on the PokéRadar. The chances increase up until the 40th Pokémon in the chain. This is calculated with the following formula;

Chance = (14747 - 40*ChainNumber)/2621440(41-ChainNumber)

After each use of the PokéRadar, it requires recharging. This is done by walking 50 steps.

(From http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml )

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Hey der guys, i've been sick today and i've picked up my white again an started hunting!!! Right now, i'm hunting blitzle near the daycare. I'm going to record whatever shines there Live as well to post on Youtube. I'm also going to get started with Groudon. I've been really lazy, i know.But my Ipad 2 i got for my birthday didn't help that lol. Here are my Hunts/Planned Hunts.

My Hunts
[Route 3] - 2007 RE's.
[Embedded Tower] - 0 SR's.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I did it! I finally did it! Two months of hatching eggs and I finally got my first non traded shiny!

004.gif

Charmander
Bold
27/16/8/31/1/8
Growl
Dragon Pulse
Crunch
Dragon Rush

Gonna take a break from hunting. I'll be back in a week with my next hunt.

G-Money

Years
9696 Johto starters.
200 Golett/Druddigon/Mienfoo.

I've decided to go for Golett for the weekly hunt, and I'm hunting Druddigon and Mienfoo along with him by Axiom 22. Druddigon looks pretty cool and Golurk is lights-out awesome, so I think I'm going to stick with this hunt as the next leg of my Ghost hunt.

This is the first time I'm trying a Synchronizer, and I've hatched a bunch of Munna with different natures for future hunts, too. If I manage to get a shiny Adamant Golurk, I'm definitely using him in some battles!

I did it!

Whoa, congrats! Flawless special attack for your shiny Charizard, eh? That's really, really awesome. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So does my Charmander count for Begin The Journey and The Shiny Master, or do I have to do another for one of them? I decided that my next hunt will be done in conjunction with my Slow Learner Challenge (see below). I will leave my game on constantly in the hope that I naturally hit the right seed during normal game play for The Shiny Hunter. When I get there, I will also go for a shiny Ho-Oh to fulfill The Shiny Legend.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
To G-Moeney: you can use a KOed pokemon with synchronize in front of the party, that will allow you to fight with the next pokemon and keep synchronize effect of encountering a pokemon with the same nature. Maybe you already knew it but reminding doesn't hurt, and probably this tip may be helpful for synchronizers that want to try it.

To NecrumWarrior: Congrats on charmander, and nice sp attack too. For the challenges is one pokemon per challenge, you can choose in which challenge you want your pokemon to be in, but can't be both. A different story would be if it counts for two different quests or events.

G-Money

Years
10569 Johto starters.
567 Golett/Druddigon/Mienfoo.

Chr. Draco is right about the yearly quest, NecrumWarrior. Each shiny only counts for one portion of the quest, but if it fulfills multiple portions, you get to pick the one for which it counts. So, for example, you now have to option to count Charmander as your egg and SR a Turtwig, or you could count Charmander as your starter and hatch an Absol. You have quite a bit of freedom now. :cer_smile:

To G-Moeney: you can use a KOed pokemon with synchronize in front of the party, that will allow you to fight with the next pokemon and keep synchronize effect of encountering a pokemon with the same nature. Maybe you already knew it but reminding doesn't hurt, and probably this tip may be helpful for synchronizers that want to try it.

Thanks! It's good to know that I don't have to train the level 1 Munna to the point where their level is high enough for me to run. :)

Can I be a part of the Hunter's club? I'm a hunter.

Welcome, ShinyJohtomaster! What shinies do you have/are currently hunting?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I want to do a soft reset starter, but I don't have any games that I can start over. This is quite the conundrum since I really don't feel like going for another egg yet. Maybe later in the year. For now, I'll work on Shiny Hunter.

Scratch that, I'll do shiny starter when I get White 2!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
:)

Hello!

I'd really like to join the Shiny Hunters Club. :-)
Shinies I already have: Umbreon, Swellow, Meganium, Chikorita, Croconaw and Sentret.

I am currently hunting for Shiny Moltres and Shiny Virizion. :)

Years
Hello, haven't been here in a while! I have a new shiny!

So I was grinding on route 209 in Sinnoh, when all of a sudden...

bibarel-f.png
appeared! I would've preferred anything else on that route lol, but I'm very happy to have a new shiny! Her name is Anya level 17, bashful nature with simple. Yay!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
To NecrumWarrior: Maybe you can target dragons or maybe a legendary, sometimes is good changing between methods while hunting.

To Miracle: welcome miracle and nice shinies and targets.

To GolurkIsDaBomb: Congrats on Bibarel. Route 209 is one of my favorite routes.

To Element0: Flygons have an interesting combination of colors, it's also an interesting target.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Charmander, NecrumWarrior!

Congrats on the shiny Bibarel, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Welcome back, ShinyJohtomaster! You were already a member.

Welcome to the club, Miracle!

This week's random hunt is... Trubbish!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Ahem... Ladies and Gentlemen.. I present onto you...
Spoiler:

Years
Congratulations GolurkisDaBomb and ArceusWhisper - they're both pretty awesome shinies ;3

I also bear some intresting news:

Spoiler:

(By the way, I started shiny hunting on the 23rd of August 2011, but I missed my "birthday". Lol. Happy late birthday to me! ^_^ (?)

EDIT: 10k Treecko SRs! Woot! ^^

EDIT: 11111 Treecko SRs lol! Gotta love funny numbers!

Last edited:

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Damn i got a Shiny update video that is HD quality but i cant be bothered to upload it. İt bloody wants 142 minutes to upload -_-

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, is it possible to recieve the event Keldeo as a shiny? If so, would it count for the shiny legend? Either way, i'll probably be hunting one.

Candra Software

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
Last night I was grinding my Lax Luxio so I could evolve it, and for some reason my favorite Pokémon decided to shine. It's Modest, coupled with Pokérus.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
So, is it possible to recieve the event Keldeo as a shiny? If so, would it count for the shiny legend? Either way, i'll probably be hunting one.

if it's not specifically stated that it is shiny, then no, it is not going to be Shiny

Lorenzo, you never stated what shiny you got. not all of us know what your favorite Pokemon is

Back