• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
BECAUSE THEY HAD THEIR PHASARS SET TO 'HUMAN'. WHO CARES.

Hahaha sorry I get really technical when it comes to movies. I don't mind fantastical things if it's explained and makes enough sense. But once they start breaking their own rules, I get really annoyed and it just doesn't make the movie as good for me. ANYBODY ELSE LIKE THIS? Or am I forever alone?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Unless the film falls under the science fiction genre, let the people break their own rules, lol. Plot twist!

Years
Unless the film falls under the science fiction genre, let the people break their own rules, lol. Plot twist!
No no no no no. Stories have to keep to their own internal logic or else you get sparkling vampire who stop sparkling whenever the story forgets they're supposed to.

Years
^^Yay, someone understands! It makes it a lot harder to become immersed into the movie and movies that have a lot of these types of flaws just end up seeming like a joke to me, which is a shame as they could be good movies. :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have this one friend, lets call her Hester (because that is her actual name). I've seen a few movies with her, and she just picks every possible inconsistency apart until it's absolutely impossible to enjoy the movie. Every tiny little plothole, every wayward camera angle, every slightly illogical decision made by a character... I can't watch movies that way, they're meant to be enjoyed not torn apart. If you do that to decent movies, then when truly terrible ones like Wrath of the Titans or The Hottie and the Nottie come along, it makes them less special!

Years
I have this one friend, lets call her Hester (because that is her actual name). I've seen a few movies with her, and she just picks every possible inconsistency apart until it's absolutely impossible to enjoy the movie. Every tiny little plothole, every wayward camera angle, every slightly illogical decision made by a character... I can't watch movies that way, they're meant to be enjoyed not torn apart. If you do that to decent movies, then when truly terrible ones like Wrath of the Titans or The Hottie and the Nottie come along, it makes them less special!
You're just like a friend of mine. Let's call him Andy, because that'll be extra confusing. Andy doesn't like my nitpicking of movies and it makes him annoyed if I do even a little. But the thing is, I love to nitpick. Even the things I love I can nitpick at. I'm like the little kid to takes a toy apart to see how it works. It's one of the ways I get involved with a movie.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I have this friend. Let's call her, say, Harley, as that is her real name. She doesn't mind when people pick apart movies, as quite often Harley is one of those people, providing its a serious film. However, Harley finds it annoying when she has to put up with someone picking apart movies that are quite obviously a) absolutely terrible b) uncaring about the intricacies of the plot or the technicalities of the camera angles or whatever. That's when Harley goes a little bit crazy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't have any friends in this situation, but I like to judge all films to a reasonable standard. If that means being slightly harsher on certain films with plot inconsistencies and poor characterisation, that doesn't mean that I hate films. But I don't do it out loud in either the cinema or at home. I like to keep those things to myself. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't have this one friend because I prefer to watch movies alone. Problem solved!
I have to wonder though, why would you see a movie with a friend? Like... there's no affirmative reason to do so unless you were going to pick it apart with them, or going to do other things before/afterward too.

Shining Raichu

Years
Seeing a movie with a friend is a social thing! I find I don't enjoy movies quite as much when I go and see them alone because if there's something funny, then you're just sitting there, laughing by yourself. I'd much prefer to have somebody to share the whole experience with.

That said, if I see a movie that I think will make me emotional (which has only happened like twice, the latter of which was last week when I went to see Bully) then I make sure I go alone because I don't like being emotional or crying around other people.

Years
I like being with friends so I see movies with friends because it saves time. If we both saw a movie separately that'd be a few hours we wouldn't have together. Plus I'd miss all the good jokes my friends make, which are always better when they're spontaneous.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm not hating cause I had no idea who Joss Whedon was until I read that article.

I have yet to see The Avengers, but S.H.I.E.L.D sounds interesting.

Years
Years
That series sounds like a good idea, it might get boring eventually though because there's only so much you can do with superheroes.

I also doubt the stars of the film are going to be as interested in a television series.

Shining Raichu

Years
Okay, couple questions come to mind.

1. Will Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, etc. be in this anywhere, or would their characters be recast, if they show up at all? BECAUSE THEY SHOULD TOTALLY BE IN IT

2. Will Avengers 2 get pushed back because he's writing/directing/etc. this new series?

1. No, I shouldn't think so, not as regular cast members. As Nuke said, they're all big-time film stars, not TV stars. S.H.I.E.L.D (God, that's a tiring word to type) would be a huge organisation, so you could probably do a show without even needing to mention the name Nick Fury. Though I'm very excited because I see lots of potential for guest appearances by Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and especially Cobie Smulders!

They couldn't recast them either, because I'm thinking it'd have to try and keep some semblance of continuity with the movie franchise.

2. No, the release date for The Avengers 2 has already been set at May 1st, 2015. As Joss put it himself in this interview:

The Greatest Man Alive said:
What's great is that the deal with Marvel is nonspecific, so I will give all I can, but the moment I can't, I just walk away. The moment I say, "You know, I'd like to help more on this project, but I need this time for The Avengers," there's no obligation. It's not like, "You must spend this amount of time on this movie." It's as much as it needs to be.

Years
That series sounds like a good idea, it might get boring eventually though because there's only so much you can do with superheroes.

I also doubt the stars of the film are going to be as interested in a television series.
I think this could work because SHIELD is just a group of... soldiers and agents and other 'normal' people and you wouldn't necessarily have superheroes showing up much, right? It could be more of an action/spy/police/political type of show.

And I wouldn't think the movie stars would be regulars, but could maybe do guest appearances as their characters since everything would (conceivably) be contained in one universe.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I don't think Samuel Jackson would appear very often in the series, if at all. Maybe a cameo in the pilot or just a couple of pre-recorded scenes every now and then, but I'd imagine it would be about a whole different group of people within S.H.I.E.L.D? Though, Cobie Smulders might have a strong role in the show! It would be hard to lure her away from How I Met Your Mother but still, she'd be good to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back