• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Now that's some exercise, marching band. I used to play the sousaphone for marching band >.> I don't blame you for not wanting to go, haha. Practice today or performance?

droomph

weeb
Years
Now that's some exercise, marching band. I used to play the sousaphone for marching band >.> I don't blame you for not wanting to go, haha. Practice today or performance?

YEAH BEST BUDDIES FOREVER -high five- I also play the sousaphone and that ****'s heavy yo and it's made of metal.

Practice and god it's so hot...good thing I skipped it x] I hung out and practiced my music and tidied up some things, turns out we didn't do anything new at all today :P whew performance tonight though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You skipped practice on the day of a performance? o_O

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
You skipped practice on the day of a performance? o_O
It's actually better not to practice on the day of a performance. Warming up a couple of hours beforehand is fine, but actually practicing pieces/parts right before the performance can panic/nerve-wrack you easier. That's what I find when Saxophoning, anyways.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I remember when I was in band in middle school, I practiced immediately before the Spring Concert, and I agree with the poster above, it can give you the chills right before the actual performance. So at that time I was so nervous. xD

I played the flute btw. Easiest instrument ever imo xD

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I feel bad because I didn't really participate in things like that. .__. I was more into things like leadership, student government, things of that nature. Not really much of a sports/band person, if anything. Last time I actually took part in any kind of sport was middle school, and that was soccer.

..I still kinda miss soccer, and I really look forward to playing things like Tennis soon, hopefully. I'm just really interested in it for some reason...

droomph

weeb
Years
It's actually better not to practice on the day of a performance. Warming up a couple of hours beforehand is fine, but actually practicing pieces/parts right before the performance can panic/nerve-wrack you easier. That's what I find when Saxophoning, anyways.

Maybe that's why we sucked the day we went practicing before the night performance x]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Idk I've always practiced, it calms me down because it lets me know that I know what I'm doing and can do it without much effort, so I don't have to be as nervous.

Years
Even in other activities, say tests or sporting matches, I would make a point of not practicing to heavily. I would mostly just mentally prepare and warm up.

Twilight Sky

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Hi guys! I hope you don't mind if I change the subject here. :3

Ever since working at a popular theme park, I've met some pretty colorful people. And I say "colorful" as a word for meeting alllll the different kinds of wonderful tourists. Now it just so happens that I meet British tourists the most, and that's awesome! Because I love British accents, and I find it funny because most of them(at least the ones that I've met so far) sound so unbelievably posh that I can't help but giggle to myself a bit @_@

Let's just say that I have to make some sort of note to myself to travel to other countries at some point in my life because I hate seeing the world just based on silly stereotypes. ;O;

I mean really, Australians don't say crikey? ._. /shot

Twilight Sky

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I dunno, I just find British accents to be awesome-sounding, yknow? @_@; Though to be honest, I've yet to hear an actual Australian one(as in, me talking to an Australian), as of yet, I'm kinda excited for when that happens, tbh. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No, we never say crikey Derk. :(

Also I keep reading the title as the Sexually Confused DCC and I wanted to mention that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, I've been a victim of being "sexually confused" with regards to others confusing my gender. And I think my signatures on PC are hurting more than helping with regards to clearing up that confusion xD

Sad to say I have no studly qualities personally. Nor do I have a cool accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back