• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo346

Let's Play Maker
Years
This looks interesting- a new kind of story line that brings a pokemon's point of view into a nuclear apocalyptic world... verrry interesting and keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
I got an awesome feeling that the GREAT BLACK ONE IS............ZEKROM the deep black legendary dragon and electric type pokemon!!!Plz tell me if he is the Great Black One!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
hey help me when i patch it it said Failed! Input checksum is invalid. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
I found a bug in the pre alpha.
When you die in the game you
warp outside of the mini dungeon
and cant get out

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
(I hope I'm doing this right.)

I'd like to ask why parts 2-4 of the intro videos have been made private.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
(I hope I'm doing this right.)

I'd like to ask why parts 2-4 of the intro videos have been made private.

Because of spoilers. Now that the game has a public release, I wanted people new to the plot to play through and be surprised, rather than being able to watch the entire intro.

Anyway, reports of my death are greatly exaggerated! I've just had issues with my internet, and with time - when your attention gets pulled in so many different directions, some things are bound to get a bit left behind, and SRT was sadly one of those things. It IS, however, still being worked on, and while the progress isn't significant, I like to think that I'm slowly but surely getting there...

Pre-alpha bugs/other things that have been fixed:
-You can choose Picture Two now and not appear as a Leaf recolor. Hurrah!
-When you die, you spawn where you're supposed to, not in glitchy areas on the outsides of the maps. This was the most difficult part to do as it required hex editing and repointing the flight table and all that sort of lovely fun stuff.
-Selecting the Long Stick from the bag while on the overworld no longer glitches the game.
-You are no longer able to get "stuck" in the hidden room within Golden Trail.
-A few small movement permission/tile errors have been found and corrected.
-The Tangle Thicket puzzle gives you a hint to make it easier to try and solve.
-The "bushes" which worked like the PC storage system are now for item-storage only. You will never have more than five team members at a time (plus you, the Hero), as they join and leave your company as the plot goes on.
-There are a few more items, although in keeping with the spirit of the game they're (mostly) still invisible and you have to hunt for them. Food is scare and requires effort, young Pichu!
-Mini Dungeons now contain visible healing squares as a sort of "freebie" (but not larger dungeons). They can still only be used once, however.
-Flash-born (wild pokemon) levels have been raised to be more challenging.

Bugs that still exist in the game include occasional strange errors with Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot (the image that appears when she speaks), and text boxes that sometimes appear for just a split seconds when the Hero warps.

Things you will hopefully see less of as the game progresses based on feedback from the pre-alpha:
-Due to the highly plot-driven nature of the game as opposed to the typical Pokemon RPG, SRT is by design VERY linear. There's just no getting around that. However, I am entertaining the idea of some dungeons having alternate exits, much like how Pokemon has some areas you can't explore until you get a certain HM. The alternate exits can't be accessed until you've completed the necessary plot requirements, but you can go through the "normal" exits to visit certain towns before they become plot-relevant, if you so choose (though of course you're going to run into a broken bridge eventually to keep the plot on track).
-Puzzles without even the most basic of hints. The traps, however, are going to remain as brutal as ever; and items are still mostly invisible.
-The intro was by its nature very text heavy, but I want to try and balance out the gameplay/plot ratio as I go on. This will get better as the dungeons get larger and have multiple floors; and as the traps that essentially take the place of Trainers appear more frequently. Of course, like Final Fantasy, there are still going to be points where there's massive cutscenes, but...I want to make sure there's plenty of gameplay surrounding those cutscenes to make them worth the player's while. Story doesn't matter if the gameplay stinks, after all; so reining in my writer's heart and not going overboard will be something kept very much in mind.

And now, a few screenshots:

Image120-1.png

Threatening to abandon you. Pansy sure is loyal....

Image122.png

And she has such faith in you!

Image124.png

A visible Uplift Trap within a Mini-dungeon. Think of them as one-time use Pokemon Centers...

Image127.png

Hey, it's that Raichu, Mjolnir! People who have been following this thread from its absolute earliest days will remember him. Seems he recognizes the Hero, too!

Image125.png

He wants to join your team. Needless to say, Pansy doesn't like him much.

Image126.png

It's made of black magic and sorcery. Duh.

Image121.png

The Blackriver dungeon. It consists of enclosed chambers, and your goal is to find the warp to take you to the next chamber - but watch out for the bad traps. Also, there's hidden items all around, but you need to go through the dungeon more than once to find them all.

Image123.png

This reminds me of something...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
It was funny, I was just thinking "Man I'd love to try this, but I don't want to experience that death glitch" and you come along and fix it.

Is that Great One a bench? I've seen it before in Emerald, but I can't remember what it's for.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Wow! Nice updates! But why Raichu? :/ Isn't Pichu enough for an electric type? :/
Why having 2? :/

Pokemon who want to join your team can be the same type as you yourself, or the same type as another member. Besides the raichu (who is not my character to begin with - he belongs to a dear friend and was included in the game to honor his help and support. Needless to say, I can't just go and change his species, it would be like spitting in my friend's face), there are two other electrics waiting in the wings (already sprited and with their personalities and plot roles fairly well-developed in my notes). But keep in mind that team mates come and go as the plot progresses; and even if they are the same type, the stats are oriented differently from whatever other team mate may be of the same type to give them different battle niches. For example - the character of Vann that has been mentioned a few times in this thread, despite being a minun (and therefore an electric), has mutilated paws and cannot use electric attacks at all, giving him a rather different battle style than that of the Hero. He may very well end up with a secondary type to make up for his lack of STAB and reflect his character, which would add further type diversity. This does bring up a good point, though - I love cute and fluffy electric types (though, ironically enough, I'm not terribly fond of Raichu), and include them a great deal in my projects (such as this one, and my fanfics) simply because I like them the most out of all pokemon. So what I would like to hear from you, the thread visitors...

What species would you like to see as recruitable team members? The three Electrics aren't going anywhere; nor are characters like Freya who have already been introduced (yes, she's a recruitable...eventually), but...there's a few characters I have rough personalities for but no species selected. So I want to know what it is you would like to see. What are your favorite 'mons? Please don't suggest things that didn't exist in GenIII, obviously. XD The further you break me out of my cute fluffy Electric-type comfort zone, the better it'll be, I think. ^^;

Last edited:

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
ohhh id love to see an absol named Spiral..... he'd be a bit messed up in the head, like when hes P.O'd he badly mutilates everything in sight.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Because of spoilers. Now that the game has a public release, I wanted people new to the plot to play through and be surprised, rather than being able to watch the entire intro.

Anyway, reports of my death are greatly exaggerated! I've just had issues with my internet, and with time - when your attention gets pulled in so many different directions, some things are bound to get a bit left behind, and SRT was sadly one of those things. It IS, however, still being worked on, and while the progress isn't significant, I like to think that I'm slowly but surely getting there...

Pre-alpha bugs/other things that have been fixed:
-You can choose Picture Two now and not appear as a Leaf recolor. Hurrah!
-When you die, you spawn where you're supposed to, not in glitchy areas on the outsides of the maps. This was the most difficult part to do as it required hex editing and repointing the flight table and all that sort of lovely fun stuff.
-Selecting the Long Stick from the bag while on the overworld no longer glitches the game.
-You are no longer able to get "stuck" in the hidden room within Golden Trail.
-A few small movement permission/tile errors have been found and corrected.
-The Tangle Thicket puzzle gives you a hint to make it easier to try and solve.
-The "bushes" which worked like the PC storage system are now for item-storage only. You will never have more than five team members at a time (plus you, the Hero), as they join and leave your company as the plot goes on.
-There are a few more items, although in keeping with the spirit of the game they're (mostly) still invisible and you have to hunt for them. Food is scare and requires effort, young Pichu!
-Mini Dungeons now contain visible healing squares as a sort of "freebie" (but not larger dungeons). They can still only be used once, however.
-Flash-born (wild pokemon) levels have been raised to be more challenging.

Bugs that still exist in the game include occasional strange errors with Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot (the image that appears when she speaks), and text boxes that sometimes appear for just a split seconds when the Hero warps.

Things you will hopefully see less of as the game progresses based on feedback from the pre-alpha:
-Due to the highly plot-driven nature of the game as opposed to the typical Pokemon RPG, SRT is by design VERY linear. There's just no getting around that. However, I am entertaining the idea of some dungeons having alternate exits, much like how Pokemon has some areas you can't explore until you get a certain HM. The alternate exits can't be accessed until you've completed the necessary plot requirements, but you can go through the "normal" exits to visit certain towns before they become plot-relevant, if you so choose (though of course you're going to run into a broken bridge eventually to keep the plot on track).
-Puzzles without even the most basic of hints. The traps, however, are going to remain as brutal as ever; and items are still mostly invisible.
-The intro was by its nature very text heavy, but I want to try and balance out the gameplay/plot ratio as I go on. This will get better as the dungeons get larger and have multiple floors; and as the traps that essentially take the place of Trainers appear more frequently. Of course, like Final Fantasy, there are still going to be points where there's massive cutscenes, but...I want to make sure there's plenty of gameplay surrounding those cutscenes to make them worth the player's while. Story doesn't matter if the gameplay stinks, after all; so reining in my writer's heart and not going overboard will be something kept very much in mind.

And now, a few screenshots:

Image120-1.png

Threatening to abandon you. Pansy sure is loyal....

Image122.png

And she has such faith in you!

Image124.png

A visible Uplift Trap within a Mini-dungeon. Think of them as one-time use Pokemon Centers...

Image127.png

Hey, it's that Raichu, Mjolnir! People who have been following this thread from its absolute earliest days will remember him. Seems he recognizes the Hero, too!

Image125.png

He wants to join your team. Needless to say, Pansy doesn't like him much.

Image126.png

It's made of black magic and sorcery. Duh.

Image121.png

The Blackriver dungeon. It consists of enclosed chambers, and your goal is to find the warp to take you to the next chamber - but watch out for the bad traps. Also, there's hidden items all around, but you need to go through the dungeon more than once to find them all.

Image123.png

This reminds me of something...
Oh wow, plenty of screenshots with more amazing features that I'd be looking forward to. ^^
Pokemon who want to join your team can be the same type as you yourself, or the same type as another member. Besides the raichu (who is not my character to begin with - he belongs to a dear friend and was included in the game to honor his help and support. Needless to say, I can't just go and change his species, it would be like spitting in my friend's face), there are two other electrics waiting in the wings (already sprited and with their personalities and plot roles fairly well-developed in my notes). But keep in mind that team mates come and go as the plot progresses; and even if they are the same type, the stats are oriented differently from whatever other team mate may be of the same type to give them different battle niches. For example - the character of Vann that has been mentioned a few times in this thread, despite being a minun (and therefore an electric), has mutilated paws and cannot use electric attacks at all, giving him a rather different battle style than that of the Hero. He may very well end up with a secondary type to make up for his lack of STAB and reflect his character, which would add further type diversity. This does bring up a good point, though - I love cute and fluffy electric types (though, ironically enough, I'm not terribly fond of Raichu), and include them a great deal in my projects (such as this one, and my fanfics) simply because I like them the most out of all pokemon. So what I would like to hear from you, the thread visitors...

What species would you like to see as recruitable team members? The three Electrics aren't going anywhere; nor are characters like Freya who have already been introduced (yes, she's a recruitable...eventually), but...there's a few characters I have rough personalities for but no species selected. So I want to know what it is you would like to see. What are your favorite 'mons? Please don't suggest things that didn't exist in GenIII, obviously. XD The further you break me out of my cute fluffy Electric-type comfort zone, the better it'll be, I think. ^^;

Hm... let's see... how about some Generation II Pokémon? Like... the starters in Generation II? Or maybe even the ones from Generation III? Maybe even make it a bit interesting with a Dragon-Type like Bagon or Dratini? Or how about some other types like Snorunt or Azurill?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
ohhh id love to see an absol named Spiral..... he'd be a bit messed up in the head, like when hes P.O'd he badly mutilates everything in sight.

Hee, actually one of the planned NPCs is an Absol, whom will certainly give off the impression of being a wee bit crazy...

Hm... let's see... how about some Generation II Pokémon? Like... the starters in Generation II? Or maybe even the ones from Generation III? Maybe even make it a bit interesting with a Dragon-Type like Bagon or Dratini? Or how about some other types like Snorunt or Azurill?

A Dragon-type (flygon) actually does join your team at one point! And I do like your idea of including at least one Starter, as a sort of throwback to classic Pokemon tropes ^^ In fact I've just the Starter in mind, and it would be able to fill a HM-induced hole in my recruitable lineup quite nicely. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Well, I'm back, and I've completed the pre-Alpha.

I'd like to know if stat increases during level up are predetermined, or if they work off EVs like in the normal game. For some reason, Pirca's stats seemed to be increasing way too conveniently to be random.

One more thing: what do the switches in the final dungeon do? I activated three, but it didn't seem to accomplish anything.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Glad to see this still being worked on I really enjoyed the pre-alpha and hope
to see more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back