• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Dawn in BW anime

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I haven't been keeping up with the anime because I hate Iris and Dent and just can't stand it even though Unova is my favorite region.

Well I've been seeing pictures of Dawn in the BW series. Is she back for good (as in the rest of the BW series as far as we know) or is she just back for a few episodes.

If she's back for a long time, I'd be really happy. She's the only one of Ash's female companions that I love.

I just don't want to watch it just to see her leave again.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I'm sorry to hear you hate Iris and Dent (I love them, personally ^^;), but I don't know!

All the episodes of Best Wishes Season 2 so far have Hikari/Dawn in them; she's even in the opening! So maybe she'll be here for a while.

I don't know if she'll be here for the rest of the series, but it can't hurt to watch.

It's been fun watching Hikari interact with Satoshi again... and she gets along very amusingly with Iris. You've GOT to see the scene where Iris tries to teach Hikari to swing from a vine... xDDD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I believe Dawn is just there for the Pokemon Junior World Tournament. After the tournament ends she may leave.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think almost all Ash's female companions show up later for a few episodes then leave. May was there for a contest in Sinnoh, and I think Misty showed up for a few episodes I think.

So yeah, I think it's temporary.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Awww I wish she'd replace Iris (no offense to Iris fans), Dawn is my favorite :)

I'll catch up watching eventually then, because it's worth it if Dawn's there

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like Misty and May before her, Dawn will only be in the anime for a few episodes before leaving. But from what I've seen, she'll probably have a bit more screentime than the other two companions (in the Pokemon World Tournament in particular).

Guest123_x1

I think it's safe to say Dawn is only going to be present for maybe no more than a couple of episodes, and then she's gone again. It's been like that with all of Ash's other female traveling companions.

Years
I agree with everyone else here, she's probably gonna appear for a few episodes then leave again like May and Misty did.

Although Dawn is my fave character in the anime, Iris' Japanese VA is cute (Aoi Yuki is only 20, making her the youngest Japanese VA on the cast).

I would have made Dawn join the traveling group for the rest of the Unova saga but, what can you do?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Yeah... Dawn... I missed her since February of last year. (True cuz I saw her JP special and Memories are made of Bliss and Zoroark: Master of Illusions)

If only Volkner was visiting Unova.

Wait... It's about dawn?!?!? Well that's all I could say bout her, and this:

Daijoubu!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm kind of tired of Dawn being in the B/W anime I'm not a fan of her in the first place. If she's here to stay I'm going to stop watching B/W all together to be honest.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I hate Iris and Dent and just can't stand it even though Unova is my favorite region.

I have to agree with you I absolutely hate Cilan, I generally hate all of the new traveling companions for the first few episodes but after about 10 to 15 episodes, I get used to them learn to like them as a character and move on but Cilian is just annoying, and please people don't say give him a chance I have watched ever episode of BW so far and still nothing.

Iris on the other hand is mediocre at best, she is by far my least favorite female traveling companion. I especially find it irritating that after developing two female characters with actual goals and personalities (May and Dawn) and one character with a personality but no real goals (Misty). They make a character that with no real goal and to top it all off she has no personality.

But back on topic, Dawn is awesome i hope she stays but i doubt she will.

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
I really hate Iris.I don't care about the voice.
I really liked Dawn as the female companion.Not as much as Misty , but still.
I hope that Iris leaves Ash , and Dawn takes her place.
"Your such a kid." is so annoying for some reason I feel embarrassed to hear it out loud because it feels like i'm watching a show made for babies that can't even understand it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2012
Do you know when the new Black and White season is going to come out?

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
Am I still seeing Piplup with her? All that time and battles, and Dawn still hasn't evolved that darn thing???

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I have to agree with you I absolutely hate Cilan, I generally hate all of the new traveling companions for the first few episodes but after about 10 to 15 episodes, I get used to them learn to like them as a character and move on but Cilian is just annoying, and please people don't say give him a chance I have watched ever episode of BW so far and still nothing.

Iris on the other hand is mediocre at best, she is by far my least favorite female traveling companion. I especially find it irritating that after developing two female characters with actual goals and personalities (May and Dawn) and one character with a personality but no real goals (Misty). They make a character that with no real goal and to top it all off she has no personality.

But back on topic, Dawn is awesome i hope she stays but i doubt she will.

Misty DOES actually have a goal. Her goal was to become the world's greatest Water Pokemon Master. And BTW, if that's not an actual goal, then Ash doesn't actually have a goal either, since he wants to become the world's greatest Pokemon Master, which is similar enough.

Years
Misty had a goal but it was never something focused on in the anime. Dawn was more than just attitude personified she actually was part of the story and her goals were a real part of the anime and something that was seriously focused on, there was very clear improvement in her abilities for example.

Whilst I would like to see her introduced back into the anime permanently (she would have been an interesting contrast to Iris) there is nothing for her in Unova since pokemon fashion and contests aren't that big there. So unfortunately I'd say she will be leaving soon after this tournament thing finishes (I however will have something to look forward to cause I'm a long way off of there atm).

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
I'm agreeing with the Iris haters. Iris is bland and generic, the only real personality trait she has is ADD if that even counts.
It pains me to watch the anime with Iris and Cilan. If Dawn's coming back, I hope it's for good, but it probably won't be.
Dawn is my favorite character in the anime, the only thing I don't like about her is her Piplup, he's kind of irritating.

Back