• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] Risio's story {Warning may be sad}

Khawill

<3
Years
Written by Khalil
Hey guys this is chapter 1, and my first creative submission on the forums.
Rating- T (Language, Violence, Mature Ideas)
Sorry to anyone looking for something bright and happy, this is a dark, tragic Fiction thus I can't guarantee everyone will like it, but it is certainly worth reading. The chapters are like short stories with one or two chapters per story. Indents arent working so Ill send the actual word doc if you email me for it. This is NOT a journey fic, there are no gangs, elite four, or legendary pokemon. This is the story of a boy who looks back on his life on this island

Chapter 1- A Girl of Flowers
I woke up for my first day at school, disorientated and not fully awake. I'd just moved from the Hoenn region and I spent the entire summer getting used to this new region. The locals call it Insulam tragoediarum, a fitting name for this region; it means the isle of tragedies. They say nothing but sadness waits for those who live here, though the locals seem happy enough. The city I'm in is Rosepetal city a very bright name for a dark named island.I never once met anyone from the school, so I spent most of my summers watching the Pokémon. I noticed many of them were the same as the Hoenn region but since I never got a starter at my last town I couldn't catch any.

I got up and ready for school, tripping over my blankets that had fallen on the floor, "Ah crap!" I yelled. "Risio honey, are you ok up there?" she walked into my room "Risio you need to pick up your room, I swear we've been here 3 weeks and you've already almost given yourself a concussion"

"Sorry ma, I'm just thinking about the summer." Her Delcatty skipped into the room happy as can be "Hey mom, can we go to the local professor and get me a starter?"

"You have school today remember, and you'll need a signed paper from your guidance counselor to get approved here"

"Really? That sucks; I'd have a pokémon already if we hadn't moved here." I dropped my shoulders.
"Why don't you go to school with Delcatty? I'm sure she'd love the walk!" She clapped her hands and walked out "I'm not making breakfast today, take the money off the counter and get some at school and for lunch" she shouted from downstairs.
I stroked Delcatty's head and sighed, mom was a pokémon trainer too, she got 5 badges and stopped when she met dad. Dad on the other hand never wanted to settle and continued on to be a trainer, leaving my mom with me. I went into my mom's room to look for Delcatty's ball.

"Mom! Where's Delcatty's pokeball?" I shouted

"I put it with the money downstairs, I have to go now, and I'm taking Gardevoir with me." I heard the door close and her car drive off. I got dressed and grabbed the cash and ball. "Delcatty return"
I grabbed my bag and walked to school, humming an old tune from a TV show that I had seen. "Hey what's that song?" a voice from behind startled me, I turned around to look at who had asked the question. I turned around to see a girl my age smiling and holding an eevee.

"Uh, an old TV show theme song." I felt like a loser, admitting that.

"Well it is super catchy, I've never seen you before are you new or home-schooled?"

"I'm new here, my name is Risio but I prefer if people just call me O"

"Doesn't your name mean laughter or something? I love it! My name is Rose, named after the city and the city after the flower. "She laughed and pointed at the open fields "They call it Rosepetal city because of the roses, but I'm sure you know that!"

"So do you go to the school here?"

"Nope, not one bit, I'm home schooled. I don't go to public schools because my school is at home!"

"Well, I got to get to school before I'm late."

"Oh, oh can I go with you? Please! Please! Please!" She jumped about excitedly.

"Uh, sure but don't you have to be home?" I was a bit nervous around her.

"I get the day off, and the day off is for me!" She cheered

"Ok, but I don't think I can help you much, I might get lost." Then I remembered that my mom taught Delcatty the way to school. "Oh wait, I got my mom's Delcatty" I let Delcatty out "Take me to school please." It nodded and started to walk.

"What kind of pokémon do you have O?"

"I don't have any, my counselor has to approve that I can own one." She laughed, "What's so funny? "

"All I have is this Eevee that I rescued this mourning and I never needed approval for it."

"That is a cute Eevee, so why do you want to go with me to school?"

"I get lonely, I don't get to meet new people at home and not many people live in our neighborhood." She sighed, "Anyways it is my day off!"

"Well there's the school there do you want to meet up there when I get done?" I almost choked on the words I was so nervous.

"Yea, I'll be right here at the gates!" And so I went in and waved goodbye.

The day went by with very little activity, I wasn't noticed by students and I didn't make a point to meet any, I had two focuses find my counselor and think about my next meeting with that girl. Throughout the day I checked the student office, but the counselors were not there, I was told they'd be out for the week. I was slightly disappointed but I knew there were more important things than my first pokémon. I hadn't eaten breakfast that day because of the girl, so by lunch I was starving, I had enough to buy lunch and still have half my money. The classes were not great, I took many of them the previous year and it wasn't productive for me to retake them so I just let my mind wonder.
After school I practically ran to the front gates, and to my joy there was Rose smiling and joyful. "Hey there Rose, what did you do today?"

"I waited here with my Eevee for you to get out!" I was stunned, did she really wait out there all alone.

"Did you wait out here by yourself?"

"Yep, I didn't know when you got out and how to get back home." She looked a bit sad. "But now you're out and we can go right!"

"Did you eat anything Rose?"

"No" She looked down, "I'm so hungry too"

"Well I have some money let's go get some food." I looked at her and smiled as brightly as I could. "What do you want to eat?"

"I don't know, I'll eat whatever you get." So we walked into town and looked for somewhere cheap to eat, we came across a shop that sold ramen and decided that this is where she would wait on her days off.

Each day she met me in front of my house and after school, almost routinely, she always told me it was her day off. Though I never asked about why she had so many. Then my counselor came to school and I was finally able to talk to her. "How can I help you uh…" she looked at her form, "Risio?"

"I need a signed form that I can get a pokémon from the professor." She nodded and looked at her forms.

"Well you are eligible for a pokémon and your grades are more than decent." She smiled, "You are approved; take this form to professor Yule. Is there anything else you want to know? Are you getting along well here?"

"Well, I did meet this one girl, but she doesn't go to this school, I really like her too, she's pretty and nice." She smiled and nodded but it didn't seem happy, I didn't notice at the time.

"Well, you should have a nice day then"
"Hey Rose, want to go to the lab today?" She was waiting at the gates even though it was raining. "I'm going to get my first pokémon." We were walking to the shop but she didn't look very happy today. "What's the matter?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"I don't have any more days off." Sobbing now

"That's okay, when do you have more off?" I hadn't understood why she was so sad. "I can meet you at your house this time."

"But you can't, I no longer have days off, I won't be here anymore."

"But you can't just leave I thought you were lonely, don't you like me?" I started to cry now, but I didn't know why, I'd never cried for someone before. "Don't be so sad Rose."
She dropped to the ground but had stopped crying, she looked at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen and she gave me the happiest, tear filled look I've ever seen. She pointed at the fields, "I'm named after the town and the town is named after me."

"What do you mean, named after you?" She smiled and laughed.

"Your name means laughter, that's a happy thing, you've made me less lonely, and all that I ask from you is that you stay here in this region."

"I swear I will, I swear if I'll wait here until your next day off." She smiled with more tears and ran off, with me staring off in her direction until she disappeared. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked behind me. It was my counselor looking down at me.

"The island is said to make people sad, and the stories are true. That girl you saw, you made her happy even here, and that should make you happy, even if you feel empty inside." She looked at me and tried to smile "I don't know if that girl really existed but, rumors say there are spirits of the island and maybe she was one. You should get home though before you get rained on more." I couldn't say anything; I had a heavy chest and a lump in my throat, I couldn't even move and suddenly I passed out.

When I woke up I was at home in bed, I could hear my mom speaking with someone but I still couldn't bring myself to move. Then I went to sleep again.
=============================================End of Ch. 1

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Hello, there! The indents can be placed typing the text inside of these tags:
[ INDENT ] text here [ /INDENT ]
Just remove te spaces, and it'll be like this:

see?​

And if you want MORE space, just add more Indent tags!

This is how the text looks with two tags​

And this is how it looks with three! :D​

Anyways, bout your fic. I haven't read it all, but I have to say it's great, just one thing: add some more space, not only it looks better but it's also easier to read, for example

"Well I have some money let's go get some food." I looked at her and smiled as brightly as I could. "What do you want to eat?"

Instead try something like this:

See? :)
There's also lack of punctuation in some parts.
Anyways, great job can't wait to read more of it!

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Yea, I figured id start with an impromptu fic for my first creative story ill fix the indentation before the end of the day, it was formatted properly in word but I couldnt really fix it here. I know the first chapter has minimal use of actual pokemon, but that's just because it is a sort of starting point. I didn't want to do a trainer/exploration story either. Finally, I write this as a story but I think it'd look better and have more feeling as a manga (I just can't draw so I write instead)

Next chapter will be posted on Thursday

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Written by Khalil
Chapter 2 is here!

This one is slightly more depressing than the last, but do not worry I will make happier ones. This is shorter, and gives a little more history to Risio and his mom.
Chapter 2- A Boy of Sadness

I laid in bed for the rest of the day; I was allowed to stay on a medical illness. Obviously I was fine, just a bit sad, but I couldn't get Rose out of my mind, I remembered her like a close friend, and we only knew each other for a week. Those mornings where I would see her smile and I would smile back. The smiles were never false; it was always a real smile, a comfortable smile. The days after school were just as great, she would be there to welcome me, always holding that Eevee… And then I jolted up, where did that Eevee go?! I leaped out of bed, almost tripping on my sheets. I rushed my clothes out and sprinted out the door

"Maybe if I can find the Eevee she had, I can find out where she went." I thought excitedly.

I sprinted through the streets, searching anywhere I could, ignoring direction or whereI'd end up. Alleyways, fields, stores, and even trashcans but I couldn't find it. It was after over three hours of searching that I realized I'd never find that Eevee or Rose again. I felt like crying, I really did but there were a lot of people around, I didn't want to make a scene.

There was no doubt that I was lost. I didn't even know what part of town I was in. I couldn't ask people for directions, I was too depressed for that. I was hoping that maybe a car would just hit me and end it all, then I remembered my mom; what would she do if was gone, I couldn't leave her. As I was walking I began to think more, and the more I thought; the more I wanted to cry.

Moving here was bad enough, I had a small number of close life friends and they felt like a family. We had to move because my mom was transferred to the hospital here in Rosepetal, she couldn't refuse the offer and went on with it. I don't know if she thought of me when she did that, but at first I was happy for her, then after the joy was gone we both realized what we had lost. Even then I didn't cry, I was close to them but I knew I could call them, or take a summer to visit them. I hadn't lost them, just been separated from them, I knew I could see them again, or at least have the peace of mind to do so.

I took the main street, just in case my mom drove past, but instead my guidance counselor was the one who did.
"Why are you all the way out here? Shouldn't you be at home" she looked at me in a sort of caring manner.

"Well I'm lost ma'am, and I wanted to look for an Eevee." I stuttered the words, forcing myself to speak, I had to remember to be polite "I couldn't find it though" I looked down

"Well, if you're lost I know the way back to your house from here." She could tell I wasn't in the happiest mood, "Would you like to get some ice cream on the way?" I was getting in the car when my stomach rumbled, "When was the last time you ate?"

The last meal I had eaten was lunch at school the day Rose left, "Uh, I ate breakfast this morning." I had to lie to her; I didn't want her to worry.

"Well let's go eat something then, what do you want to eat?" She asked politely, "Anywhere you like in specific?"

"Can we go to the ramen shop near the school?" I asked, "That's where we used to go" I couldn't look at her and talk, I just stared out the window

"Oh, I know the one, ok" We didn't speak for the rest of the ride.

After we had ordered, she wanted to talk again, I guess it was her job and all but doesn't she have somewhere to be? "So have you gone to get your pokémon from the professor yet?"

"I was going to go on…" I couldn't take a bite, my appetite had suddenly gone, and "I was going to go Friday, with Rose." I looked down at my bowl and just stirred the noodles.

"Well why don't we go now? I'm sure a pokémon will cheer you right up!"

"Ok, but it isn't a bother to you right? I mean you don't have to be anywhere."

"This won't take long I promise." She paid the man at the counter and we left, "So did you make any other friends at school?"

"No"

"Do you like it here?" I gave the same answer as before.

The ride was another silent one, now that I look back on it, I feel bad that I didn't say more to her, but at that time I couldn't think anything happy to say. The whole ride, I wondered why she was so nice to me, it's only her job to be nice during school hours. I figured she was a nice person. After the ride was over she told me to go on in, she emailed the professor ahead of time. "Pick any pokémon that appeals to you alright, I'll wait out here until you get done" I nodded and faked a smile.

This part was shorter but the next part didn't really seem to fit with this one, so I'll post part 3 Saturday or so.

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
I actually disagree on Vato a little concerning the spaces, I'd like to mention that it's all about your own opinion. I liked the way you spaced the dialogues, I tend to get a headache when every single sentence is spaced. It makes everything look so far apart to me, and then I would lose interest in the fanfic more likely. That's why I personally preferred your first chapter to the second. But it's your fanfic, so don't let this confuse ya. And it's the story that matters most anyway, I think. ;)

Although, I don't quite get the title of chapter 2... A Boy of Sadness? Why is it titled that?

Anyway, keep on writing, I'd love to read more! :)

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
I'm not good at titles lol, but I want to do The _____ of ______ format for them, in reference to Latin.
The 2nd chapter references his depression of losing his first friend.
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to do Paragraphs and only space the dialogue.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I actually disagree on Vato a little concerning the spaces, I'd like to mention that it's all about your own opinion. I liked the way you spaced the dialogues, I tend to get a headache when every single sentence is spaced. It makes everything look so far apart to me, and then I would lose interest in the fanfic more likely. That's why I personally preferred your first chapter to the second. But it's your fanfic, so don't let this confuse ya. And it's the story that matters most anyway, I think. ;)

Actually, with fanfiction, not so much. Fanfiction has a what could be called standard format, which the first chapter is not following. The spaces are said standard, with no indentations and full spaces in between paragraphs.

Just like here on the forums.

True, it is their story, but having it in the irregular fic format might repel readers rather than bring them in.

Khawill

<3
Years
Actually, with fanfiction, not so much. Fanfiction has a what could be called standard format, which the first chapter is not following. The spaces are said standard, with no indentations and full spaces in between paragraphs.

Just like here on the forums.

True, it is their story, but having it in the irregular fic format might repel readers rather than bring them in.
The original document is in standard format, but when I copied it over the format didn't stay.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
The original document is in standard format, but when I copied it over the format didn't stay.

Hmm, are we talking standard format as in standard book format, or fanfiction format. There is a difference.

Either way, if it's in standard ff.net/fic format then it should translate into the post fine. If it's all over the place then you might have the advanced editor mode activated, which can be deactivated by clicking the A/A button on the top right corner of the post. That has a tendency of screwing with posts that are copy/pasted. Just click it, and repaste.

Here is my fanfiction here on the site that is using that format, or look at other fanfictions here.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Other than the title and where notes are placed, its pretty similar to my post. Also could we take this exchange outside the thread and put it in private, on my wall, or make a new thread about the formatting (which may be helpful). I do appreciate the criticism and I'll fix the error, but I would like more about the actual plot. I'm also posting my 3rd chapter today because I've got work earlier than usual.
===========================================================================================================================================================================================
Written by Khalil
Hey guys this is chapter 3, and my third creative submission on the forums.
This one is much lighter hearted than the last two. Enjoy.
Chapter 3- A Pokémon of Choice

Before I even entered the lab, I was baffled. There were over 20 pokémon wandering around outside alone, and as I walked up the path I couldn't help but notice more inside. I walked up to the nearest professor and tapped his shoulder, "Is professor Yule here?"

"Yea, just go out back; he's treating a pokémon with Nurse Joy"

"Isn't there a pokémon center here, I mean isn't that what those are for?"

"Well there is, but they only take a trainer's pokémon due to cuts and expenses." He looked annoyed; I couldn't tell if it was because of my questions or the cuts. I walked to the back door and stepped outside to see what pokémon they were helping. I couldn't quite remember what pokémon that was at the time, but I do remember wanting it. The pokémon had had two roses on her hands, and seemed to wear a dress. I walked up to the two people treating it.

"Excuse me, uh Professor Yule I'm here for my first pokémon" I was a bit nervous for interrupting them, so I ended up looking at the ground and kicking up dust, "I can come back at a better time…"

"No, no it is fine, I was told that you would be here; tell me have you seen all the pokémon around the building?" I nodded, "Well then, you can choose any pokémon here; most of them are rescued or bred and taken here." I thanked him and spent a good half hour walking around. Now I saw all manner of pokémon, and many of them were from the Hoenn region, but none of them interested me; except the one with the roses. I walked up to the professor again, about this time he had finished with the pokémon and started paperwork.

"Professor, I want the pokémon with the roses." There was no way he could decline me.

"Odd story about that Roselia, we found it just today, standing outside the school here." He didn't even look up, "When we tried to bring it here it struggled and hurt itself"

"Wait…" I was astounded, "It was standing near the school?" That was when he looked up

"You sound surprised, do you know something of it?" I shook my head no, "Well then I don't think we can give you that one, it is a danger to itself and others." I fought back the sorrow; I wasn't going to take a no.

"I want that pokémon, sir" there was venom in the word sir, "No isn't an answer"

"Well then maybe you will stop lying to me." He looked me directly in the eyes, "why is it that you want that one so bad?' I was sure at that point my councilor told him my story; though I told him anyways. "So you think that that pokémon is your little friend? How silly." He went back to work.

"It isn't silly, I know it possible."
"Look kid, don't take things like that and blow it out of proportion, there are plenty of Roselias around here." He looked up, "I did say you can have any pokémon here so go ahead; there is a pokeball on the shelf. If you can get it to agree to get in the ball you can have it."

I walked over to the shelf; there were so many types of pokeballs there, "Which one can I take."

"Just take one; they are all the same just different colors to help distinguish one from the other." I grabbed one that was colored green and white. There was writing on it, though I have no idea what it said. "That's a new one we've just released, it has some glitches but whenever you catch a pokémon in it their name appears on the front." I thought it was amazing and decided this was the one I wanted.

It took me a while to find the Roselia, she wasn't out back and she wasn't anywhere inside. I was disappointed, but I remembered that my counselor was still outside waiting for me. I became flustered; I had made the poor woman wait all alone in her car for almost an hour. I felt less disappointed and more guilty as I stepped outside and saw that she was still waiting in her car. She smiled and waved, "What pokémon did you get?"

"I didn't get one yet, the one I wanted I couldn't find." I still felt guilty as I got in her car. "I'm so sorry I made you wait here, so sorry" She just laughed.

"I didn't wait here the whole time; I went to go check something." She laughed again, "I also saw your mom, I told her you were here and she said she was delighted."

"Well thanks again, but can you take me home?" I actually had no idea how to get home from here and it made me laugh a little. She nodded and we drove off.

"I never got your name ma'am," It had just occurred to me.

"I told you the first time you met me." I remembered then, I was zoned out; that's when I blushed, "My name is Summer Vines, quite an odd name but many people here are named after plants." And we both laughed, mine was fake though.

She said she was taking the route with less traffic. Things started to look more and more familiar until I noticed we were about to pass the school. "Hey wait a moment… Ms. Vines can you stop please" I noticed a figure at the gates. "What is that there?" She screeched to a complete halt

"It looks like… a pokémon" She got out of the car, "wait here, it may be aggressive." She closed the door and slowly walked to the pokémon. I wanted to get out and see, but she told me to stay here and I really didn't want to get into trouble.

"Hey there, are you lost?" She talked gently to the pokémon, it was muffled though and hard to hear through the glass, "Come on…" Suddenly I heard the Pokémon's cry and Vines was on the ground. That's when I jumped out of the car and ran to her.

"Are you alright!?" I rolled her onto her back, "Please tell me you aren't hurt."

"I think I startled it…" I noticed she was covering something on her leg with her hand, I moved it away there were 3 needles there, "Its fine, i-it's nothing." Then she passed out. I looked up to see the pokémon staring at me, it was a Roselia.

"What do you want, don't you see the trouble you've caused." I tried to lift Vines as best as I could, but I wasn't very strong. "Why did you do that, what if she can't be helped, it is late out here." I began to cry, "What if she dies? She was the only other nice person here." Then I swear the Roselia looked guilty, nobody believed me but I know what I saw. Then it followed behind as I dragged Vines to the car. Once I got her in the back seat I pulled out the needles. My mom had sort of showed me how to drive, and I knew the way to the hospital, it wasn't far. The Roselia walked back to the school gates and stared at me until I drove off. It was so dark outside, and I had to keep wiping tears out of my eyes, or maybe it was raining; I don't remember. I managed to get to the hospital, her breathing was low. I decided to run in to the hospital "Doctor, I need a doctor!" I was soaking; it was definitely raining. "Someone please!" It was so busy in there; I don't think anyone could hear me.

I ran outside and reassured Vines she would be alright, I attempted to carry her in. There was rain, and I was terrified, but adrenalin kicked in and I managed to carry her in. "Please someone help me." This time I had her over my shoulder and someone was able to get her. I was exhausted and relieved, my heart rate was high. One of the doctors asked me questions, Name, Age, what happened. I could barely speak though; I was out of breath and in shock. "I want you to sleep here okay." I managed to nod and pass out.

End of Chapter 3
I would like to thank you for reading 3 of my chapters already. I really hope you are enjoying it and I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the story this far. The story is progressing well (imo) and I already have a nice story ark to go with for a few weeks.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Written by Khalil
This one is about Mrs. Vines and starts her arc.
Chapter 4- A Memory of Despair

I was standing upon a mountaintop, though I can't remember why or how I was there. I looked out and noticed a city near a forest; and realized that it was Rosepetal City. Wow that is quite a climb; I'm surprised I got up here without remembering. I looked behind me to see a cave. Is that what I came here for? It feels like it for sure but, wasn't I doing something. I suddenly remembered. That's right! I was going home when she was attacked; wait who was attacked? Oh yeah I got her to the hospital and…

I woke up feeling sick and on a hospital bed, the blinds were closed and so he couldn't see outside. He saw a clock though and it read eleven o'clock, which means he was out all night and morning or he was out for a few hours. "Hello? Is someone there?!" He croaked, his throat dry

"Oh you are awake." My mom walked in not looking very worried despite what had happened, "I was a bit worried that you'd be out another day of school." I jerked up surprised at the statement

"How long was I out?" I assumed the worst, what if I was out for days, I began to get panicky.

"It was a joke honey; you were only out for the night and morning." She laughed and then patted my head, "you had a small dose of poison from pulling the needles out of your counselor."

I had calmed down, "Is she alright?" Mom nodded, "can I go see her?"

"Well she had a higher dosage of poison than you but since she is older, she will be fine; though she may be unable to get out of bed."

"That wasn't my question," I said crossly "I asked to see her, to see Mrs. Vines" Mother nodded and smiled. She helped him out of his bed and supported him into Vines room. When they walked in she was sitting up against the wall reading a magazine. "Uh, Mrs. Vines are you okay?"

"Of course I am, it doesn't take much to negate the poison and it isn't necessarily deadly to humans. It just knocks us out."

I hadn't known that, and feared worse. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pointed out the figure then we wouldn't be here." I knew it wasn't much but I felt like I needed to be guilty for something. "I'm glad to see you are okay though, can I get you anything?"

"I can't let you do that honey; you can barely stand on your own." I frowned, but he knew she was right. "I'll go bring some tea for both of you; it should help make you both feel better." She walked out into the hospital halls.

"They didn't tell me you got poisoned too." Vines looked grim, though she looked sad before we came in here.

"It's fine, they say I just pricked my finger when pulling the needles out of your leg." I tried to smile for her sake, but it wasn't helpful, she didn't cheer up much at all.

"They said you carried me all the way here, screaming and crying for help." She looked down again. I felt a wave of embarrassment, had they really told her that? I mean, I carried her to her car and then from the parking lot; but do they really think I carried her all the way from the school. I did a nervous laugh, "Yeah I figured you couldn't carry me that far, you must've taken my car."

"Yea I carried you to the car and drove here." I felt a bit proud, but she still looked gloomy so I had to ask, "Is there a reason you are so sad right now?"

"I don't want you doing anything like that again." She said softly, "What if the poison was deadly? I don't want to be responsible again." She faded off when she said the word again. The comment made me slightly angry, and also a bit confused. Why would she tell me not to save her?

"It isn't some choice you can make for me; I have the free will to do whatever I want with my life, including risk it." I glared at her, "and if I want to save you again I will, whether you want me to or not." She began to have tears in her eyes, not able to look at me.

"It isn't just you." She said in tears, "My son died saving me." The comment shocked me, just how old was she? "We were out in the city; he had spent a vacation from school to spend time with me and we were just going to go shopping." She was still crying and stumbled over words, "It was such an innocent day, and I had made plans to get him school clothes and books. As we were walking down the street, the brakes on a car had stopped working and couldn't stop for the light." She started to tremble, "The car was fast, my son, h-he pushed me out of the way." So that's what it is, he must've died in the crash I thought. "I called an ambulance as soon as I could, but when I got to the hospital they told me he wouldn't ever come back from his coma. Now he waits in this building, just to wake up and I can't even see him because I was reckless." She began to cry harder, and I walked up and gave her a hug, "I almost did the same to another mother's child, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I had." I didn't know what to say and just let her cry on my shoulder, I hadn't realized she was so sad, my mom came in with tea, but I didn't feel thirsty and I got the feeling that Vines wanted to be left alone.

"Mom can you take me home?"

Back