Meet & Greet New forum users, start here! Introduce yourself to the community, welcome your fellow members, and discover all of the cool things you can do around PokéCommunity.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old August 24th, 2012 (4:32 AM).
iLoveHate's Avatar
iLoveHate iLoveHate is offline
Hmmmmmm.... :D
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Holland :D
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 35
    1. What boards are you most interested in?
    Uuh, Rom hacking/emulation. I said to you ,meganium , when i need a mentor. I think the time has come .

    2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I did practice scripting a lot now, i know most of the basics but im stuck at 1 thing and that isnt explained a lot on the internet, and i think after i understand it there will be more difficult problems to solve. Thats why i want a mentor. And ofcourse for the talking about nothinh :p.

    3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?
    Well, the gaming, cuz im playing pkmn Light platinum atm haha. so that would be role playing.

    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    Yea, join a clob (or more :p) and make friends ofcourse.


    Well, Meganium i hope you dont mind i asked for a mentor now . Thanks in Advance!

    Relevant Advertising!

      #152    
    Old August 24th, 2012 (8:49 AM). Edited August 24th, 2012 by pokechickmaster.
    pokechickmaster pokechickmaster is offline
    pokemon master
       
      Join Date: Aug 2012
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 2
      will anyone help me out i'm pokechickmaster

      1. everything and tornments SORRY BAD SPELLING

      2.i know about just about everything exept for foroms bad spelling

      3.anything fun help me OMG
      4. fun stuff like challanges look i'm american organally so the spelling isn't my bad
        #153    
      Old August 24th, 2012 (8:58 AM).
      Micah Reeves's Avatar
      Micah Reeves Micah Reeves is offline
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Texas
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2
        1. What boards are you most interested in? I am most interested in Roleplaying, but I have an open mind 2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I love to roleplay, but I'm new to battling, and I'd like to understand that better. 3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? I am willing to venture into any others, but I'd like to look into LARPing, or outside events and meetings because I've never done any of that before and it sounds fun. 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I'd like to meet and battle with as many other Pokemon fans and aspiring trainers as possible.
          #154    
        Old August 24th, 2012 (10:08 AM).
        Mana's Avatar
        Mana Mana is offline
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2009
        Location: UK
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 10,005
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by iLoveHate View Post
        1. What boards are you most interested in?
        Uuh, Rom hacking/emulation. I said to you ,meganium , when i need a mentor. I think the time has come .
        Hey iLoveHate, I'll take you on :] I'll PM you now!

        Megan I'm gonna PM PokemonTrainerBlaze and St33lDr4g0n too - should cut down the ROM-Mentees a bit.
          #155    
        Old August 24th, 2012 (1:37 PM).
        Captain Fabio's Avatar
        Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Apr 2006
        Location: London, UK
        Age: 27
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 12,264
        Due to this section not having a moderator currently, Meganium90 has asked for this thread to be locked till a moderator takes her place.

        She will still be involved, so don't you worry!

        Locked for now...
          #156    
        Old August 28th, 2012 (7:37 AM).
        Sheep's Avatar
        Sheep Sheep is offline
        • Administrator
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Age: 26
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Bashful
        Posts: 21,315
        Just popping in here to let you guys know that the Adoption Center has been reopened~! Sorry about the delay, but it took a little longer than expected to update everything. We do have a new application form, though, so please use that one! I'm still testing the waters with it so we'll see how that goes. n_n

        Another important thing to note is that the mentors have had their mentee lists reset. So if you previously had a mentor and are still interested, please re-apply!

        ‹ If you're interested in a ROM Hacking mentor, please make sure you read the note in the first post. This is very important! ›

        Happy applying!
        __________________

        . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
          #157    
        Old August 28th, 2012 (5:01 PM).
        Thunder_Chad Thunder_Chad is offline
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 35
          1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am most interested in the graphics forum (as I'm a pokemon art critic) as well as the black and white forum as pokemon black and white are my favorite games. I am also very interested in the competitive battling center forum as I would really enjoy getting involved in competitive battling as it seems like a very interesting aspect of the game that I have yet to explore.
          2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I would like to learn more about the ROM hacking board as it is something that seems very fun to learn about and I enjoy playing ROM hacks in general and creating a new spin on some of my favorite games!
          3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would really like to become a great forum poster. I know that I have had a rocky start here, but I would really like to get myself on track and I think that a mentor would really help me do that.

          -TChad
            #158    
          Old August 29th, 2012 (4:20 AM).
          Sheep's Avatar
          Sheep Sheep is offline
          • Administrator
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2011
          Age: 26
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Bashful
          Posts: 21,315
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Thunder_Chad View Post
          1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am most interested in the graphics forum (as I'm a pokemon art critic) as well as the black and white forum as pokemon black and white are my favorite games. I am also very interested in the competitive battling center forum as I would really enjoy getting involved in competitive battling as it seems like a very interesting aspect of the game that I have yet to explore.
          2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I would like to learn more about the ROM hacking board as it is something that seems very fun to learn about and I enjoy playing ROM hacks in general and creating a new spin on some of my favorite games!
          3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would really like to become a great forum poster. I know that I have had a rocky start here, but I would really like to get myself on track and I think that a mentor would really help me do that.

          -TChad
          Going by your answers, we have Abnegation who specializes the entire creative board, so he definitely can tour you around the art areas. :D There's also Requility who is a mentor for both the Black & White and Competitive Battling Center sections! Which of the two do you think you'd be more interested in?
          __________________

          . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
            #159    
          Old August 29th, 2012 (7:18 PM).
          Thunder_Chad Thunder_Chad is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 35
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cirno View Post


            Going by your answers, we have Abnegation who specializes the entire creative board, so he definitely can tour you around the art areas. :D There's also Requility who is a mentor for both the Black & White and Competitive Battling Center sections! Which of the two do you think you'd be more interested in?
            Well, I think I should stick to my roots as an art critic. I'll go with abegnation!

            -TChad
              #160    
            Old August 30th, 2012 (10:06 AM).
            Sheep's Avatar
            Sheep Sheep is offline
            • Administrator
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2011
            Age: 26
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bashful
            Posts: 21,315
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Thunder_Chad View Post
            Well, I think I should stick to my roots as an art critic. I'll go with abegnation!

            -TChad
            I've contacted Abnegation but he hasn't given a reply yet, so just hang tight for a bit until he gives an answer. n_n If he ends up being too busy, I'll let you know!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by danaxe View Post
            1) What time zone do you reside in? Greenwitch meantime
            2) What board(s) of PC do you frequent? pixel projects
            3) How long have you been posting there? july 2012
            4) Have you contributed to said board(s) in some way? If so, how? made a shop there
            5) Why do you want to be a Mentor? to move up a bit in pokecommunity and make some new freinds.
            please let me join as a mentor
            Please PM the mentor form to me directly instead of posting it here, that way it's easier to keep everything organized!
            __________________

            . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
              #161    
            Old August 30th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
            seeker's Avatar
            seeker seeker is offline
            Electric
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Apr 2009
            Location: Ireland
            Posts: 10,816
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Thunder_Chad View Post
            Well, I think I should stick to my roots as an art critic. I'll go with abegnation!

            -TChad
            Okay first thing's first, just call me Gav. My username is a mouth full lol. Secondly, of course I'll be your tutor! A rocky start makes no odds to a tutor, that's what we're here to do. To show you the right direction.

            So if you want to go ahead and send me a PM just saying hey, or to ask a few questions you may do so. Or if you'd rather chat on MSN or Skype just ask me for my details and I'll send those right ahead. Whatever way you want to contact me, I can help you reach any goals you want to meet while being on PC Chad! Catch you soon!
            __________________
            she's the greatest adventure I'll ever know
              #162    
            Old August 30th, 2012 (2:02 PM).
            chofel chofel is offline
            Chofel
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Brazil
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2
              1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am interested to learn how to make hacks. How to proceed? What tools i need? What forum i shold read? I'm not trying to make a team to make a hack, this is not the place.
              2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
              Just learn a little more about the history of pokemon, know about the new games.
              3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just make some friends and get some help to my needs.
                #163    
              Old August 30th, 2012 (5:54 PM). Edited August 31st, 2012 by Sheep.
              Sheep's Avatar
              Sheep Sheep is offline
              • Administrator
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Sep 2011
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Bashful
              Posts: 21,315
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by chofel View Post
              1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am interested to learn how to make hacks. How to proceed? What tools i need? What forum i shold read? I'm not trying to make a team to make a hack, this is not the place.
              2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
              Just learn a little more about the history of pokemon, know about the new games.
              3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just make some friends and get some help to my needs.
              DrFuji is an Emulation mentor and is available~ :3 He can show you where all the tools/resources are around here, how to navigate the Emulation section, and maybe even some of the little basics of making a hack! But yeah, he can't really assist you with making your project like you said, since the mentor system is really for helping new members get more acquainted with their favorite sections here.

              Since you seem to understand that, I can direct you to him? :D
              __________________

              . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
                #164    
              Old August 30th, 2012 (8:06 PM).
              Rogue42's Avatar
              Rogue42 Rogue42 is offline
              Ninja
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 9
                1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation and pokemon gaming
                2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I guess mostly Emulation
                3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess so like role playing threads, club threads and off-topic discussions something to do for fun when I need a break from my rom
                4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? learn more about roms and scripting and um well to make some friends
                  #165    
                Old August 31st, 2012 (4:21 AM).
                Sheep's Avatar
                Sheep Sheep is offline
                • Administrator
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2011
                Age: 26
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Bashful
                Posts: 21,315
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
                Hope I can be a RP mentor :D

                1) What time zone do you reside in?: Eastern USA
                2) What board(s) of PC do you frequent?
                3) How long have you been posting there?: Roleplay Corner. Check my signature.
                4) Have you contributed to said board(s) in some way? If so, how?: Check my signature.
                5) Why do you want to be a Mentor?: I wanna show new people how to roleplay, to pass on my knowledge I've gained via expirimentation.
                Please send mentor application forms directly to me via PM! This board is only for mentees applying for a mentor.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Rogue42 View Post
                1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation and pokemon gaming
                2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I guess mostly Emulation
                3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess so like role playing threads, club threads and off-topic discussions something to do for fun when I need a break from my rom
                4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? learn more about roms and scripting and um well to make some friends
                We've got DrFuji available for Emulation, and bobandbill and Sydian available for General Pokemon Gaming~ :D Fuji can show you around the Emulation section, help you find where everything is located (including tools and resources), and so on. Just remember he's here to tour you around PC's Emulation section and not to help you with your hack!

                Bobandbill and Sydian can tour you around the entire General Pokemon Gaming section, so you can learn about all those awesome sections listed there!

                Which would you prefer?
                __________________

                . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
                  #166    
                Old August 31st, 2012 (9:40 AM).
                chofel chofel is offline
                Chofel
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                  Location: Brazil
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 2
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cirno View Post


                  DrFuji is an Emulation mentor and is available~ :3 He can show you where all the tools/resources are around here, how to navigate the Emulation section, and maybe even some of the little basics of making a hack! But yeah, he can't really assist you with making your project like you said, since the mentor system is really for helping new members get more acquainted with their favorite sections here.

                  Since you seem to understand that, I can direct you to him? :D
                  Of course :D. Thank you for doing this [[=
                    #167    
                  Old August 31st, 2012 (10:27 AM).
                  Rogue42's Avatar
                  Rogue42 Rogue42 is offline
                  Ninja
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 9
                    DrFuji would be great I'm still new to emulation so if he could show me some one to answer some questions I have about it that would be great
                      #168    
                    Old August 31st, 2012 (11:15 AM).
                    noodleith's Avatar
                    noodleith noodleith is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 5
                      hey, i think that twilightblade would be the right mentor for me as i need a friendly person around my age to help me learn how to make a good trade and how to get round the forums
                        #169    
                      Old August 31st, 2012 (12:55 PM).
                      Sheep's Avatar
                      Sheep Sheep is offline
                      • Administrator
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2011
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Bashful
                      Posts: 21,315
                      Rogue42 and chofel, I've contacted DrFuji, so just sit tight for a bit as we wait for his response!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by noodleith View Post
                      hey, i think that twilightblade would be the right mentor for me as i need a friendly person around my age to help me learn how to make a good trade and how to get round the forums
                      So you're interested in the Trade Corner section? If so, that's doable. :) I can contact TwilightBlade for you!
                      __________________

                      . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
                        #170    
                      Old September 2nd, 2012 (4:53 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2012 by zephyr6257.
                      zephyr6257's Avatar
                      zephyr6257 zephyr6257 is offline
                      Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye.
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2012
                      Location: Somewhere with cookies.
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 129
                      Hey. I never felt "graduated" from a new user, even if i'm been around for a year or two (I had an old account which I forgot my pass and user, so i made a new account). I'd want a mentor. :3 I'm definitely below the 100 maximum posts tho. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I want to change that.

                      1. What section/board are you most interested in? Other Chat. :3
                      2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Clubs, Advanced Generation Games, Roleplaying, and Black and White.
                      3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make new friends. Get a platonic pair. Eat pie. Make Nica give me cookies. :3
                      __________________
                        #171    
                      Old September 2nd, 2012 (6:58 PM).
                      Sheep's Avatar
                      Sheep Sheep is offline
                      • Administrator
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2011
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Bashful
                      Posts: 21,315
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by zephyr6257 View Post
                      Hey. I never felt "graduated" from a new user, even if i'm been around for a year or two (I had an old account which I forgot my pass and user, so i made a new account). I'd want a mentor. :3 I'm definitely below the 100 maximum posts tho. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I want to change that.

                      1. What section/board are you most interested in? Other Chat. :3
                      2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Clubs, Advanced Generation Games, Roleplaying, and Black and White.
                      3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make new friends. Get a platonic pair. Eat pie. Make Nica give me cookies. :3
                      Nice to see you're looking for a mentor; you're definitely not too late! n_n We've got Shining Raichu and Razor Leaf for Other Chat, so go ahead and read their bios if you haven't already! Which of the two would you prefer?
                      __________________

                      . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
                        #172    
                      Old September 2nd, 2012 (8:10 PM).
                      zephyr6257's Avatar
                      zephyr6257 zephyr6257 is offline
                      Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye.
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2012
                      Location: Somewhere with cookies.
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 129
                      Razor Leaf, :3 Buuut, if he refuses (since we barely agree on debates in other chat), I'm totally fine with Shining Raichu.
                      __________________
                        #173    
                      Old September 9th, 2012 (5:04 AM).
                      AyonZ's Avatar
                      AyonZ AyonZ is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 6
                        1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in finding out about more hacks and knowing what makes up a good rom hack etc.
                        2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? How to make a good hack and knowing more about the different hacks
                        3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would maybe comment on some of the progressing hacks and encourage them and help the other new people ( which I am one currently :/)
                        4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve hacking skills and make better games for the community to enjoy
                          #174    
                        Old September 9th, 2012 (10:01 AM).
                        Sheep's Avatar
                        Sheep Sheep is offline
                        • Administrator
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2011
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Bashful
                        Posts: 21,315
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by AyonZ View Post
                        1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in finding out about more hacks and knowing what makes up a good rom hack etc.
                        2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? How to make a good hack and knowing more about the different hacks
                        3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would maybe comment on some of the progressing hacks and encourage them and help the other new people ( which I am one currently :/)
                        4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve hacking skills and make better games for the community to enjoy :)
                        We have DrFuji who is available for Emulation, but I just want to make sure you're not looking for a mentor to help you make your hack. Mentors are here to show you around the forum (so helping you find what hacks PC has to offer, suggesting hacking tutorials/resources/tools here in the Emulation section based on what you're looking to learn, and so on) and not actually work on your project for you. If you understand that, then I'd be happy to direct you to DrFuji n_n
                        __________________

                        . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
                          #175    
                        Old September 9th, 2012 (4:10 PM).
                        BilbaoTrainer's Avatar
                        BilbaoTrainer BilbaoTrainer is offline
                        Crazy Potatoe
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 9
                          Hi, I'm new in the site
                          I would like to learn the rules of the page

                          1. What boards are you most interested in? I'm interested in the Competitive Battling Center, the Pokemon Gaming Central and Challenges
                          2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? The challenges and to contrast differences in the gaming generations
                          3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes, i'm interested in all type forums
                          4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I don't know
                          __________________
                          This signature has been disabled.
                          This is way too large. The limit is 600 pixels in width and 350 pixels in height. Your banner alone is 700 by 400. Resize or remove the image.
                          Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                          You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                          Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                          Closed Thread
                          Quick Reply

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:18 PM.