ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old August 30th, 2012 (7:46 AM).
Trailer Trash

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by heyo View Post
    I'm new to Rom Hacking, so I don't know if this is a silly question or not.
    How do you add new battle music to Fire Red? Like, so I can have a regular battle theme, a gym battle theme, an Elite 4 battle theme, a team battle theme, etc.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121856

----
    I have a question, how do you change the in-battle HP/EXP bars (like in Flora Sky)? Are the images something I could find in UNLZ, or would I have to edit it with something like tile molestor? Also, if there's a tutorial somewhere (I haven't found one) can you link it?

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 30th, 2012 (2:32 PM). Edited August 30th, 2012 by okuhtfesq.
    Ace Trainer

Whenever I try to use the "Load Tileset 1" command in the block editor of Advance Map 1.95, rather than my tiles loading correctly, I just get a solid color.
      When I save the tilesets from the game, open them up with Paint, and edit them, and then load them back into the block editor, all of the game's pre-existing tiles look normal, but the tiles I insert are a solid color. Why is this happening? I would greatly appreciate help!!! I used Cello's tutorial and followed it quite closely (at least I think)..
      Old August 30th, 2012 (5:40 PM).
      Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by RetroRoller View Post
        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121856

----
        I have a question, how do you change the in-battle HP/EXP bars (like in Flora Sky)? Are the images something I could find in UNLZ, or would I have to edit it with something like tile molestor? Also, if there's a tutorial somewhere (I haven't found one) can you link it?
        Yes, if I do recall the HP bars are somewhere in UnLZ. Not sure exactly where, but they're definitely there.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by okuhtfesq View Post
        Whenever I try to use the "Load Tileset 1" command in the block editor of Advance Map 1.95, rather than my tiles loading correctly, I just get a solid color.
        When I save the tilesets from the game, open them up with Paint, and edit them, and then load them back into the block editor, all of the game's pre-existing tiles look normal, but the tiles I insert are a solid color. Why is this happening? I would greatly appreciate help!!! I used Cello's tutorial and followed it quite closely (at least I think)..
        For every tileset you're using, you're allowed 12 plaettes, with 12 colors on each palette. Advance Map is very specific with their colors and if you add any extra color that's not in the pre-existing list of colors, it becomes the last color in that palette. You can fix it by manually editing the palette to replace one of the colors with your new color.

tl;dr You're using colors that aren't recognized by the palette.
        Old August 30th, 2012 (10:45 PM).
        Ace Trainer

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
          For every tileset you're using, you're allowed 12 plaettes, with 12 colors on each palette. Advance Map is very specific with their colors and if you add any extra color that's not in the pre-existing list of colors, it becomes the last color in that palette. You can fix it by manually editing the palette to replace one of the colors with your new color.

tl;dr You're using colors that aren't recognized by the palette.
          Thank you so much! It worked.
          Old August 31st, 2012 (3:08 AM).

My apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Does anyone have the emerald decapitalisation patch by wichu? I dl'd the ruby and FR ones, but the emerald one is no longer on 2shared.
            Old August 31st, 2012 (8:02 AM).
            dorks
            • Platinum Tier

Anyone encountered this problem before?

It happens when I patch a clean FR ROM with the patch I created.
            Old August 31st, 2012 (8:14 AM).
            Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
              Anyone encountered this problem before?

It happens when I patch a clean FR ROM with the patch I created.
              Lunar IPS can only make patches for files up to 16 MB, the standard length of a GBA ROM. If you expanded your ROM, then LIPS won't be able to make a patch, except for the first 16 megabytes. If you didn't intentionally expand it, then chances are that the extra bytes are worthless, and can be truncated using a hex editor, or the like. If you did expand it, then you need to use another patching medium, such as A-Ptch.

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old August 31st, 2012 (9:14 AM).
              dorks
              • Platinum Tier

Never Mind, it seemed to work when I used UPS patcher but I have another problem now:

It's basically a corruption with the warp tiles.
              Old August 31st, 2012 (9:38 AM).
              • Silver Tier

If its not too much trouble, remove all the events by going into the Header tab and changing the event offset (Ctrl+H to go into Professional View) and replace it with $00000. That will safely erase all the events, so if you have anything on that map you dont want to lose then you should save it first.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
              Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
              Old August 31st, 2012 (1:23 PM).
              Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anyone know go to change the little pikachu in the fire red intro (the one on top of the message in the beginning of the game)?
                I want to replace it with one of my fakemons
                Old August 31st, 2012 (3:24 PM).

TLDR: I need help modifying the properties of specific moves in HG/SS. Could someone walk me through it, please?

Full: Ok, so I understand that there really isn't a specific attack editor for HG/SS, yet. At least, the one in PPRE isn't finished. Anyway, I heard that it's possible to take a rom of Diamond/Pearl and use Attack Editor DS to modify specific moves in those games, extract the waza.tbl.narc file, and then replace the corresponding a/0/1/1 file in HG/SS with the waza.tbl.narc one. Two issues with this.

First, I've tried using Attack Editor DS with a clean Diamond rom, but nothing ever saves. I even attempted to modify one attack at a time, saving and closing out of the program before moving onto the next attack. No dice.

Second, I've very, very little experience with hex editing programs like Crystal Tile 2. More like clueless, actually. Upon opening the rom file in CT2, I'm never quite sure when to extract/input certain files, or even search for specific things within directories. Like, I've seen posts were people will say to search for pointer/offset (as an example) 0x123456a, but I can't for the life of me find any sort of thing in that format. All the offsets I see are in a 012345678 (no "x") format.

So, hypothetically speaking, say I wanted to modify the attack "Pound" from base 40 power to base 50 in my Soul Silver rom. Could someone walk me through the process of doing that, with the assumption that I have the mental capacity of a 10 year-old?
                  Old August 31st, 2012 (9:01 PM).

Someone please, I'm begging you, PLEASE, show me how to make a pick up item script! I have been looking for 4 days now and no where online shows how to make a pick up item script! I am about to go insane! This is what I want to happen. Player goes up to the item on the ground, picks it up, and the player has the item. I am trying to make the player pick up 5 pokeballs right now and I am having troubles! =( Here is my script:

#org $script
                    lock
                    faceplayer
                    checkflag 0x1201
                    if 0x01 goto $done
                    giveitem 0x04 0x05
                    boxset 6
                    setflag 0x1201
                    removesprite 0x5
                    release
                    end

#org $done
                    removesprite 0x5
                    boxset 6
                    release
                    end

What happens is after I pick up the pokeball, i get my items but the sprite is still there and the sprite is only removed after I leave the screen, How do I make the sprite leave ASAP? Please help me!
                    Old August 31st, 2012 (9:34 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
                      Someone please, I'm begging you, PLEASE, show me how to make a pick up item script! I have been looking for 4 days now and no where online shows how to make a pick up item script! I am about to go insane! This is what I want to happen. Player goes up to the item on the ground, picks it up, and the player has the item. I am trying to make the player pick up 5 pokeballs right now and I am having troubles! =( Here is my script:

#org $script
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      checkflag 0x1201
                      if 0x01 goto $done
                      giveitem 0x04 0x05
                      boxset 6
                      setflag 0x1201
                      removesprite 0x5
                      release
                      end

#org $done
                      removesprite 0x5
                      boxset 6
                      release
                      end

What happens is after I pick up the pokeball, i get my items but the sprite is still there and the sprite is only removed after I leave the screen, How do I make the sprite leave ASAP? Please help me!
                      Well, I'm no scripting expert, but did you make sure to set the sprite's ID to the flag number? Also, you wouldn't need the removesprite in the "done" pointer, it should just be release end, because there shouldn't be anything to interact with after the player gets the item.
                      If you've already done that and it's not working, I'm sorry, someone more advanced will help you eventually.
                      Old August 31st, 2012 (10:01 PM).

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work =(
                        I still have the same problem, the sprite stays there until i leave the screen then it goes away =(
                        Old August 31st, 2012 (10:52 PM).
                        Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
                          Im hacking ruby and i was wondering if tilesets 30-35 are dangerous to put tiles in. according to this site: http://hackercrossforums.createmybb.com/showthread.php?tid=29 . tilesets 30-35 are purple funky tiles. when i added tiles to them they glitched :/

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                          Old September 1st, 2012 (3:15 AM).
                          Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post

#org $script
                            lock
                            faceplayer
                            checkflag 0x1201
                            if 0x01 goto $done
                            giveitem 0x04 0x05
                            boxset 6
                            setflag 0x1201
                            removesprite 0x5
                            release
                            end

#org $done
                            removesprite 0x5
                            boxset 6
                            release
                            end

You're setting the flag and hiding the sprite the wrong way round, for starters.

Secondly, there's no need whatsoever for any script to deal with the after hiding, if you do it right. It's just completely unnecessary and wastes space in your ROM.

By the sounds of it, you have already set the person ID to the correct flag, so I'd hazard a guess that "removesprite" either isn't the correct command (I don't know - never used that script editor, I'm an XSE man myself) or it's the first thing I suggested. The flag set and hide sprite are the wrong way round.
                            Old September 1st, 2012 (6:42 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                              You're setting the flag and hiding the sprite the wrong way round, for starters.

Secondly, there's no need whatsoever for any script to deal with the after hiding, if you do it right. It's just completely unnecessary and wastes space in your ROM.

By the sounds of it, you have already set the person ID to the correct flag, so I'd hazard a guess that "removesprite" either isn't the correct command (I don't know - never used that script editor, I'm an XSE man myself) or it's the first thing I suggested. The flag set and hide sprite are the wrong way round.
                              Well I tried what you said (Moving the removesprite and flag comands around) but it didn't work =(. Everyone has suggested XSE and I think I will listen to them, how would you make the command in XSE? Cause I downloaded it and I have no idea what i'm doing.
                              Old September 1st, 2012 (7:07 AM).
                              • Silver Tier

For XSE, to make a Poké Ball "find" script, you literally just need to use
                              Code:
                              #dynamic 0x800000
                              #include stditems.rbh

#org @start
                              giveitem ITEM_ITEMNAME 0x1 MSG_FIND
                              end

Old September 1st, 2012 (8:47 AM).
                              Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                                For XSE, to make a Poké Ball "find" script, you literally just need to use
                                Code:
                                #dynamic 0x800000
                                #include stditems.rbh

#org @start
                                giveitem ITEM_ITEMNAME 0x1 MSG_FIND
                                hidesprite LASTTALKED
                                setflag 0x1201
                                end
                                Not quite. You also need the stuff I added in Bold. LASTTALKED is a variable containing the ID of the sprite you last talked to. In this case, the Pokeball. Obviously, you change the setflag to the relevant flag for the item.
                                Old September 1st, 2012 (8:49 AM).
                                • Silver Tier

Nope, I'm afraid you're wrong in this case. You only need to set a unique Person ID to the Poké Ball. Using "MSG_FIND" will automatically hide and set the flag for you.

Old September 1st, 2012 (9:38 AM).

Okay both of you, I am still confused, I wrote that script in and it didn' work! =( I have never used XSE before =( May you please tell me the exact script you would use to pick up a pokeball off the ground?
                                  Old September 1st, 2012 (9:41 AM).
                                  • Silver Tier

In Advance Map, you need to set the Poké Ball's Person Event (click on the Events tab, then click on the Poké Ball). Where it says "Person ID", set it to a flag, such as 1201. Then assign the script to the Poké Ball event and it should work.

Old September 1st, 2012 (1:29 PM). Edited September 1st, 2012 by Meowing Mewtwo.

Nature: Serious
                                    Can somebody give me a way to download HackMew's A-Trainer? Sorry that the question doesn't really connect with these others...

Old September 1st, 2012 (2:03 PM).
                                    Pokemon Moon Creator

I have another question
                                      I inserted new Pokemon center and Pokemart sprites in advanced map and the tile occasionally show up correctly but sometimes they show up all mesed up
                                      Can somebody tell me how to fix this?
                                      Old September 1st, 2012 (2:13 PM).
                                      • Silver Tier

Meowing Mewtwo:

Hey, don't feel bad! It's a perfectly legitimate request.

Click these words to download the most recent version of A-Trainer

MrSandman64:

When you exit a map and enter another map that uses a different tileset, the tiles that were used in the first map will become the tiles in the second map's tilesets. This is why Kanto is scattered with gates, so that the player won't see these glitched tiles. If it's possible, change one of the maps tileset so that it matches the other map, or add a gate so that the two maps (or any tiles in Tileset 2 of the respective maps) aren't visible from one another.
                                      Attached Files
                                      File Type: zip A-Trainer.zip‎ (113.6 KB, 16 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Closed Thread
                                      Quick Reply

Sponsored Links