• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHY??!!?

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2012
many people may think why is the game so hard or why the rival had to pick the pokemon stronger than you, but i want to know what makes you angry in to where you just want to shove the game in a closet and forget about. for me its that after you beat pokemon white there's nothing left to do

Sirfetch’d

It makes me angry when you opponents moves hit you every time even with bad accuracy.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
It happens more often in the Battle Subway, though.

Anyway, what annoyed me about Black/White was the fact that Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini got shiny locks.

True dat.
All the crap in the world seems to happen in the Battle Subway. Always paralyzed. Enemy never misses. Tons of critical hits... you name it, Battle Subway's got it.

That's about the only thing that irritates me.
Another would be wanting a *male* Heracross with good IVs and from millions of eggs, the most perfect ever is female. And the second most perfect is female... and so. But that's not irritating as much as annoying.

Years
Here are just a few off the top of my head. They all revolve around battling...

• When the opponent gets five on a multi-hit move (since I always get 2)
  • When the opponent hits with you with a move when they or the move has low accuracy
  • How I'm always paralyzed when they paralyze me but they never are when I paralyze them, or I'm asleep for 5 turns and they're asleep for 2 etc.
  • And lastly, (and this is the one that makes me the maddest) when I hurt myself in confusion 5 times in a row and they break out of confusion after NOT hitting themselves after 2. grrrrr

Years
I agree with all of this, some Pokemon and moves leave me screwed.

Every time someone hits me with Attract, I'm almost always never able to even attack the foe (hence why I get mad at Audino).

And the rival always choosing the starter strong against yours, I mean what's up with that? It's like they want me to be up for a challenge or something. At least Bianca averted that cos she picks the starter weak to yours.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
When you're doing a nuzlocke and your Pokemon dies just a level away from evolving. Or just dies in general during a nuzlocke </3

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Trying to weaken a Pokemon to catch it, and getting a Critical hit that instantly KO's it...

Taking 20 Pokeballs to catch a Pokemon at 1 HP.

Taking 20 Pokeballs to catch a Pokemon that is asleep/paralyzed and at a low HP.

Losing a shiny to reason 1.

Opposing Pokemon never hurting themselves while confused, never staying paralyzed, and never staying asleep.

Getting Critical Hits on unimportant Pokemon.

Having your final Pokemon not have neutral moves against the gym leader's Pokemon and spending 3 hours doing damage at 1 HP, only for them to use a Potion.

*I was using Nidoking against Koga's Muk, and his Muk had no attacks that either barely or didn't damage Nidoking because of its ability, and my Nidoking's only move at the time was Poison Sting, and it was not very effective...
Spent about 3 hours getting the HP low, and then Koga uses Super Potion. Eventually Muk ran out of PP and struggled to death.

As for the starter thing, I really don't care for it. I still kick their butts anyways, even pitting my own starter against theirs despite the type disadvantage.

Last edited:

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Everytime I get some sort of status infliction such as confusion, paralysis, infatuation 4/5 times I don't get to attack... Also when my Pokemon are confused and my Pokèmon doesn't hurt itself in confusion but it misses the attack

Years
Any sort of status infliction like paralysis, infatuation or confusion seems to affect me 75% of the time, yet my opponent will only be affected by it maybe 25% of the time. Also, when trainers (especially Gym Leaders and Elite Four) use a Full Restore when their Pokemon is 1 HP away from fainting. Sure, it is good strategy, but annoying when you were that close to knocking them out.

pokeskate

Lerroux says "bye-bye!
Years
If im stuck on the E4 ill turn it off for a bit. But what makes me super mad is looking in the grass for rare poke to fill up the dex and it takes a million tries just to get it
. Or if i really want a poke and it wont let me catch it, then ill scream lol

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Missing with the Poke Balls in RBY. Happened a lot with Zapdos! Glad they took that out of the game.

Another thing that made me kind of angry with BW was how linear the route paths felt. Other games' routes feel more winding and throw more ledges and patches of grass at you. Either Game Freak wasn't really trying with the level design in those games, or they tried to purposely make the games too easy. Hopefully BW2 fixes a lot of the barrenness that I felt with the routes and bridges.

Pinta77

Whoah, i didnt know about shiny locks on victini, reshiram and zekrom. Wtf!!

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Yeah, the cheating AI annoys the crap out of me. They have higher accuracy, better stats, more critical hits (and you always get those when you're trying to make a catch), are less likely to be paralyzed or infatuated (and wake up earlier), and all of that crap. There's so much stuff that makes Pokemon notorious AI-wise. Heck, even the RNG with the ball-catching is horrific... because it gets annoying fast when you have to keep spending more money on Poke Balls because red HP targets get out too quickly. Happens the most with legendaries but there's a reason for that.

Yet... is there a way to control it, or does RNG just screw us to make the game more frustrating?

Back