• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The September Monthly Quest!!

Happy September! This is the month whose birthstone is Sapphire, which just so happens to be one of the GenIII games!

Unfortunately, many of our Sapphires have perilously fallen to the dreaded internal battery death, limiting our ability to hunt. Luckily, sapphire is also a color! :cer_laugh:

You have three options for this quest:

1. Capture/hatch/receive two shinies on Sapphire Version
  2. Capture/hatch/receive two blue shinies
  3. Capture/hatch/receive one shiny on Sapphire and one blue shiny

If you manage to find a blue shiny in Sapphire, !!! You will automatically win the Monthly Quest and will be hailed as Supreme Overlord of All Shinies!!!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. The contest lasts until midnight EDT on October 3rd, 2012.

Good luck and have fun!

------------------------------

12507 Johto starters.
3589 Golett.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Chr. Draco has suggested that Sapphire-exclusive Pokemon should also count for the monthly quest, in addition to the already-eligible Pokemon. I think that's a really good idea, but since it wasn't in the initial quest details, it wouldn't really be fair to change it without asking everyone first. I've added a poll to the thread, so you can now vote on whether you want Sapphire-exclusive Pokemon to count for the quest. The poll will stay up until the end of the month.

If "Yes" receives more votes, the following Pokemon will also count for the monthly quest:

Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Sableye
Seviper
Lunatone
Kyogre

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Well my saphire version has no internal battery anymore which really sucks. haven't done much hunting at all recently. Just way to much. ot sure if I will ever even pick up hunting again. So for now on a break while I play other things.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
OMG SHINY DRUDDIGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! My second ("lol") shiny of 2012! And this one counts for the yearly quest!

Druddigon's shiny form is so radically different from her regular dark blue, I knew it as soon as I saw the bright green roll across the screen at 1:11 ("lol" @ TSE) AM! It's a female and was caught on my third Dusk Ball attempt. Hasty nature - the Adamant Syncher didn't work, but Hasty isn't too bad. Any +Speed nature is fine by me! It's also Alert to Sounds, so there's a chance of a 31 IV in Speed, too!

Axiom 22 wins again, "lol." Now I can go hunt Golett on the second floor!

Druddigon appeared on my 4,188th encounter while hunting in the Dragonspiral Tower. It was my 15,741st encounter in Black; getting 3 shinies in under 16,000 encounters is incredibly lucky, "lol." My Black Version is awesome! :cer_laugh:

My potato isn't sending the picture for some reason. If I can find a way to get the picture off of the potato and online, I'll edit it into this post.

EDIT: I got my potato working!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
I don't think anyone remembers me but i'm the one who lost 3 random shiny's to the Safari Zone. :(
Anyways, I started a Johto Starter hunt, not counting but been going on for a week around two hours a day. Hoping to get my first sucessfull non Gyrados shiny soon. :3

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Druddigon, G-Money!

Welcome back, Kat10089! I don't really remember you, sorry. Your name kind of looks familiar to me, though.

This week's random hunt is... Delibird!

My hunts (I should update this more often, but I don't hunt much anymore):

Litwick: 2,867
Nidoran (F): 11
Nidoran (M): 10
Elgyem: 20

The last three were all from last month. My plan is to take my Litwick hunt up to 3,000 and give up forever if it doesn't shine. I don't feel like working towards 4,000. I'm not sure if I'll participate in the monthly contest. I've always wanted a shiny Electrike, so I might hatch some of them.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting Black 2 or not. I just can't get excited about it. Same thing with hunting. :(

At least the Vikings won and the Packers lost. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hey, Kat. I recently got my first non Gyarados shiny. Just be patient. It will appear eventually. I almost gave up a couple of times but now SHINY CHARIZARD!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-09-10215241.jpg

well, hi there, perddy BLUE shiny!! One of the few i actually wanted on route 208 in Pearl!! i hoped to God that Bidoof, Bibarel or Zubat didnt shine, and i got my wish. My DSBulk shortly died after i caught this fellow, so i cant post the info screens right now. I will, however, be posting those last four i have recently caught so you guys know that i dont suck cheat for my shinies, and, since the pics i have are usually large, i'll have to put them into a spoiler box. Not sure yet where im going to hunt next in Pearl, and i'm gonna have to hunt up my Sapphire so i can insert it into my DSBulk and use it's power for whatever shiny i like.

also, pretty soon, like maybe tomorrow, im going to be buying White/Black (i always forget which one i have) so i can start SRing Snivy

Hey, G? you need a better Potato

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Zangoose, Keruso!

I looked at a picture of a shiny Litwick for the first time in a long time and realized that it's blue flame would count towards the monthly hunt, so that will be monthly hunt #1, and Electrike is #2. I forgot just how cool shiny Litwick looks. I've been hunting it for over 16 months. I am on an 8 month drought since hatching my shiny Eevee. My longest drought was 3 years, so I really shouldn't complain. Back then I couldn't use the Masuda Method.

I wish I could locate one of those luck buckets...

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-09-14112922.jpg

sigh.......a third Meowth.......i was hoping for someone else, Like the Space Bull/Cow/Dog (aka Tauros, Miltank, Snubbull). ah well, what can you do about it? here's some pics from both Meowth's on this file that i had caught, i'll put them in spoilers so i dont make the page expand more than it should.

Spoiler:

i have already bought Black (yes, i now know which one i didnt have) and started it up already, but i have yet to start resetting for Snivy yet. Hopefully, i can get him/her before the sequels come out next month

Gonna save where i am in SoulSilver, and gonna see if i cant finish my hunt in Platinum.

i have GOT to finish my game in Diamond........

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2012
Hello everybody my name is Ipodcheese.SH but you can just call me ipod :P
I have been hunting for a few years on various Games and have successively hunted for 7 shinies and have traded 2.
Currently SR for an abra in the game center (5 at a time) on Heartgold and I'm REing in chargestone cave on my Black Version.
177 SR for abra
around 400 RE's for Chargestone Cave
Good luck to all hunts and
*May the shine be with you*

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
.....for some reason, my phone is having trouble uploading my pictures to Photobucket (the main place where i place my shiny and other pics). The only reason why im posting that is that i just found a shiny Marill in Platinum..... so when my pics finally decide to upload, i'll post the pictures

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
.....for some reason, my phone is having trouble uploading my pictures to Photobucket (the main place where i place my shiny and other pics). The only reason why im posting that is that i just found a shiny Marill in Platinum..... so when my pics finally decide to upload, i'll post the pictures

.....i've been doing all i can to get the pictures, but they just dont seem to want to get to Photobucket.............so this time there wont be a encounter screen. when i get back onto Platinum, i'll retake the summary screens of both the Marill and the Staravia that are on this file.

So, with that, that means that i have completed three hunts, opening up time for me to reset Snivy and Charmander, even if the latter doesnt want to shine for me

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Good news! I just bought my brother's copy of Black Version, which means I can start my first SR shiny. I will be going for a shiny starter, though I don't know which one I want yet.

Just a quick question, do they appear shiny when your choosing them or do I have to start the first battle?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Good news! I just bought my brother's copy of Black Version, which means I can start my first SR shiny. I will be going for a shiny starter, though I don't know which one I want yet.

Just a quick question, do they appear shiny when your choosing them or do I have to start the first battle?

you have to see them in battle

i was going to show you of the in-battle pic of my Shiny Tepig, but apparently i didnt take one

Back