Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 3rd, 2012 (11:51 PM).
Passing Passing is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 2
    I'm trying to pitch an article for Cracked, and I need some help. I need people who are far better experts in the anime to tell me two things -

    What are the specific instances of a Pokemon directly disobeying an order from their trainer (Directly disobeying here meaning on the level of Ash's Charizard)?

    Also, this one will be more painful, but what are the instances of a Pokemon displaying more than four distinct legal moves in a single battle?

    I apologize for this, but the editors insist I get all the instances in the show.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old September 4th, 2012 (12:35 AM).
    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
    Memento Mori
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 14,503
    Direct disobeying...
    Beside Satoshi's Charizard, there were cases of Hikari's Piloswine/Mamoswine and Iris' Dragonite.
    Now there's a question if disobeying should be only in case of main characters' Pokémon...
    And as for the over 4 moves... You probably cannot catch every case of it...
    It's simply impossible... because there's too many cases of it happening.
    For example Dent's Yanappu used Solarbeam, Bullet Seed, Bite, Dig and then Rock Tomb but then it stopped using Dig so it's really hard to say if Yanappu actually used more than 4 moves or simply learned new move instead of an old one without character's mentioning it.
    __________________
    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old September 4th, 2012 (12:39 AM).
    Passing Passing is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2012
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 2
      Uh, for the purposes of this, would you mind sticking to the english names?

      As for the moves thing, were all of those that you listed in one single battle?
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old September 5th, 2012 (11:59 PM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,503
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Passing View Post
      Uh, for the purposes of this, would you mind sticking to the english names?
      Since I'm not familiar with english names of BW, I'm afraid, I cannot...

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Passing View Post
      As for the moves thing, were all of those that you listed in one single battle?
      Yes. It was in one battle. But as I said from the moment of Rock Tomb use, Yanappu did not use Dig in any battle.
      __________________
      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old September 6th, 2012 (3:24 PM).
      TheFuturePokemon's Avatar
      TheFuturePokemon TheFuturePokemon is offline
      Natural.....
         
        Join Date: Sep 2009
        Location: New York
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 752
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

        Yes. It was in one battle. But as I said from the moment of Rock Tomb use, Yanappu did not use Dig in any battle.
        They did that with Pikachu too. When pikachu learned electro ball it stopped using volt tackle.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #6    
        Old September 7th, 2012 (1:58 AM).
        Bobbylicious Bobbylicious is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Mar 2012
          Location: Australia
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 925
          From Bulbapedia, Kingler/Krabby used 8 moves in one single episode, 4 as krabby and then 4 as Kingler, idk if this helps though
          "Kingler has learned every move it knows in a single episode. This would normally impossible in the games, due to the fact that Kingler used eight different moves in the episode."
          http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash%27s_Kingler#Moves_used
          Reply With Quote
            #7    
          Old September 7th, 2012 (2:24 PM).
          PlatinumDude's Avatar
          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
          Nyeh?
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Canada
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 12,897
          In terms of disobeying Pokemon, there are 3 Pokemon who have disobeyed their trainers at some point in the anime: Dawn's Mamoswine (after Dawn's Swinub evolved into Piloswine; this continued even after evolving into Mamoswine. Mamoswine started to obey Dawn after she took care of it), Iris' Excadrill (it started to disobey Iris after losing to Drayden's Haxorus; it obeyed Iris again after she trained with it to perfect Focus Blast) and Iris' Dragonite (it was disobedient when Iris used it in battle).

          Regarding the "using over 4 moves" part, Drake's (the Orange Island champ, not the Hoenn Elite 4 member) Dragonite was able to use a total of 10 moves; see here. According to the article, the writers did that on purpose to make Dragonite seem more unstoppable.
          __________________

          Reply With Quote
            #8    
          Old September 8th, 2012 (5:20 AM).
          Zech's Avatar
          Zech Zech is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Age: 22
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 81
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
            In terms of disobeying Pokemon, there are 3 Pokemon who have disobeyed their trainers at some point in the anime: Dawn's Mamoswine (after Dawn's Swinub evolved into Piloswine; this continued even after evolving into Mamoswine. Mamoswine started to obey Dawn after she took care of it), Iris' Excadrill (it started to disobey Iris after losing to Drayden's Haxorus; it obeyed Iris again after she trained with it to perfect Focus Blast) and Iris' Dragonite (it was disobedient when Iris used it in battle).
            In addition to those, Ash's Pikachu was disobedient as well, as everyone knows. Hasn't his Snorlax been disobedient as well? I am not sure, I think it has though :D In addition to those, I remember Luxray being disobedient as well, in one of the D/P episodes (can't remember which).

            And yeah, the move thingie is unsure. In one of the Best Wishes episode I remember Ash explaining some kid the moves his Pikachu has, and he mentioned only four, which suggests that only four moves can be learnt, but yeah many pokemon use more than 4 moves, so its kind of contradictory.
            __________________


            Reply With Quote
              #9    
            Old September 8th, 2012 (6:58 AM).
            Yamiidenryuu's Avatar
            Yamiidenryuu Yamiidenryuu is offline
               
              Join Date: Oct 2011
              Posts: 185
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Zech View Post
              In addition to those, I remember Luxray being disobedient as well, in one of the D/P episodes (can't remember which).
              Luxray? No one on the main cast ever owned a Luxray. You might be thinking of Dawn's Buisel, who I remember being disobedient towards her out of disinterest in contests.

              The "four moves only" thing is something the series hasn't been using consistently until recently, so most of the examples you're looking for are going to be in the earlier seasons. I don't think BW has defied it at all (not sure about DP).
              __________________

              Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
              Reply With Quote
                #10    
              Old September 8th, 2012 (7:47 AM).
              Zech's Avatar
              Zech Zech is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2009
                Age: 22
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 81
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yamiidenryuu View Post
                Luxray? No one on the main cast ever owned a Luxray. You might be thinking of Dawn's Buisel, who I remember being disobedient towards her out of disinterest in contests.
                Yeah, Luxray of a non-main cast member. Luxray of some random trainer in a filler episode, which revolved around the trainer. I don't think that it was specified that it has to be a Pokemon of main cast, in the topic :/
                __________________


                Reply With Quote
                  #11    
                Old September 8th, 2012 (10:25 AM).
                Yamiidenryuu's Avatar
                Yamiidenryuu Yamiidenryuu is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2011
                  Posts: 185
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Zech View Post
                  Yeah, Luxray of a non-main cast member. Luxray of some random trainer in a filler episode, which revolved around the trainer. I don't think that it was specified that it has to be a Pokemon of main cast, in the topic :/
                  Oh. Forgot about that episode. Never mind, then.
                  __________________

                  Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
                  Reply With Quote
                  Reply

                  Quick Reply

                  Join the conversation!

                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:00 PM.