• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Wynaut and Wobbuffet

Years
From what I have seen these guys are really not that popular and whilst they are definitely not as powerful as a some pokemon I personally think that they have been over-looked too often.

Appearance: They look peculiar to say the least but I actually find this kind of endearing (except female Wobbuffet and that stupid lipstick).

Battle: They have a small move-set, very small and without any real offensive moves. What they do have however is a potentially deadly combination of Encore and Counter/Mirror Coat with destiny bond as insurance if need be. That plus shadow tag which prevents your opponent from switching out away from the affects of encore. Counter and Mirror Coat don't even take type resistance into account so if you're not immune you will take twice what you dealt (Assuming Wynaut/Wobbuffet survives).

This evolutionary group has a high focus on HP in regards to stats so can take heavy damage without fainting even though they have low defence and special def. The low defensive stats are kind of beneficial really since Mirror Coat and Counter deal double the dame you receive. They have poor attacking stats and speed but their moves make these irrelevant.

That's my opinion but what do you guys think? Discuss.

Sirfetch’d

I personally never have or ever will use one. I don't like having to take damage to deal damage. Using them can be a great strategy for some, but I just do not have the time or patience to use one. Not to mention they can be a pain to train.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Moving to Pokemon General, since it's about Pokemon and not game specifics. Getting a few threads like this lately, so if anyone is reading this, please remember that Pokemon specific topics, as in the species not the games, go into Pokemon General. Things related to game mechanics and various things you do in games go in Pokemon Gaming Central. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Wobbuffet is a great Pokemon, there's no doubt about that. It can be extremely useful in battle when used correctly. But most people will agree with me that a "good trainer" will use his favorite Pokemon to win, and I guess Wobbuffets just isn't "one of the most favorite" for a lot of people.

Yeah, that's my opinion on them. I will never use a Wobbuffet/Wynaut just because I don't like it.

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
People put more emphasis on as pokemon's offensive abilities rather than its defensive prowess.Also,due to its limited move pool,it will never gain as much of fame as the other cooler pokemons.
Personally,I will never have the patience or flexibility to use them in my team,as I like to finish my battles as quickly as possible.

Years
Why's that? I mean I can pretty much guess but for conversations sake and out of curiosity I'd love to here an explanation. :)

Back