ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old September 3rd, 2012 (5:04 AM).
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
    Does anyone know how to download Advanced Text I've tried to download it but every time I try to run it an error comes up saying that a component it missing.
    Yes, it is comctl32.dll the missing element! If you want to, you can download Advance Text from my website (Go on my account contact info, I can't post links). These .dll are included in the download. You go on Hack Rom Tools (it's in italian, but it's not very difficult, I'm translating it)->Click on Hack Tools->Click on the Game Boy Advance->You search in the list Advance Text and you download it!
    Then you unzip it and it's ready to use!

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 3rd, 2012 (10:54 AM).

How do you hex edit dp map images

Wisdom doesn't come with age it comes with experience thats why i'm proud to be 11.
      Old September 3rd, 2012 (5:31 PM).
      Heiki Hecchara‌‌
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
      Does anyone know what number the intro picachu (the one above the message in the intro)
      ears are in unLZ-GBA? I know that the rest of the pikachu can be found at 341 and 342.
      You can find the ears at 2028 in an untouched FR ROM.
      Old September 3rd, 2012 (7:38 PM). Edited September 3rd, 2012 by SpadeEdge16.

So, I've been looking into this tutorial, and it's worked out very well so far, but after finishing with the image inserting, it goes on to show how to give an item an ability to do something by giving it a script, but in my case, I'm making stones for evolution.
        My question is if I have to do this step for stones? Because I feel that I can just ggo into Yape and say that a pokemon evolves with the stone I made, and then when the player uses the stone, it shows that the pokemon can evolve with it, and then they click on the pokemon, it evolves, and the item goes away. Would that be how it works? Or do I have to do the last few steps of this as well?
        Here's the tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258426
        It seems I've also run into another problem. How do I make it appear in Yape so it can actually be used for evolution?
        Old September 3rd, 2012 (10:22 PM).
        Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
          is there another way to edit the titlescreen on a touched rom? (for ruby)

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
          Old September 4th, 2012 (4:28 AM).
          ToBe Best Spriter ;)

Nature: Naive
            Can someone direct me to a link to a tutorial where I can find out how to change the sprite of Oak when he's giving that long speech at the beginning?

Or tell me the number/offset it comes up in on unLZ GBA, well assuming that's how you change it.

Oh I'm hacking fire red if that helps

Thanks in advance :)

My (small) site offers help on all things Advance Mapping!
            http://advancedfreak.webs.com/

Visit my youtube channel too and check out my tutorials on all things (you guessed it!) Advance Mapping!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/AdvancedMapFreak
            Old September 4th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
            Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
              Game: Pokemon Ruby
              Type: Double Wild Battle Spots
              Editor: PKSV

I try make Pokemon Black 2 Demake on GBA... And i need know if it was possible to add special Double Wild Battle Spots in grass
              Old September 4th, 2012 (12:22 PM).
              Pokemon Moon Creator

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Bilaterus View Post
                Can someone direct me to a link to a tutorial where I can find out how to change the sprite of Oak when he's giving that long speech at the beginning?

Or tell me the number/offset it comes up in on unLZ GBA, well assuming that's how you change it.

Oh I'm hacking fire red if that helps

Thanks in advance
                Follow >Dante<'s tutorial on how to edit the intro hero except instead of changing the hero change the prof.
                The unLZ-GBA number is around 342 and the APE offset is 004623B4.
                Old September 4th, 2012 (6:04 PM). Edited September 4th, 2012 by passarbye.
                Just passin' thru

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
                  Yes, it is comctl32.dll the missing element! If you want to, you can download Advance Text from my website (Go on my account contact info, I can't post links). These .dll are included in the download. You go on Hack Rom Tools (it's in italian, but it's not very difficult, I'm translating it)->Click on Hack Tools->Click on the Game Boy Advance->You search in the list Advance Text and you download it!
                  Then you unzip it and it's ready to use!
                  Hi, i'm new here.

I've been looking for a text editor of any kind for Pokemon Fire Red all around the web, and have found nothing but Advance Text, and it does not work. even the one on your site does not work for me.
                  Any time i download Advance text and double click the EXE, it gives me an error stating

"component Comdlg32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is there any alternative to Advance text, or is there a way to fix Advance text to make it usable?

i've been working on getting a Fire Red hack going, but this is important and i can't find something that works.

PS: i've also seen the youtube vidoes where people say to put Comdlg32.ocx or the other one into system32 or sysWOW64 and use the Run or command prompt to register the file manually, but even that doesn't work.
                  should i just give up hacking?
                  Old September 4th, 2012 (7:22 PM).
                  Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by passarbye View Post
                    Hi, i'm new here.

I've been looking for a text editor of any kind for Pokemon Fire Red all around the web, and have found nothing but Advance Text, and it does not work. even the one on your site does not work for me.
                    Any time i download Advance text and double click the EXE, it gives me an error stating

"component Comdlg32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is there any alternative to Advance text, or is there a way to fix Advance text to make it usable?

i've been working on getting a Fire Red hack going, but this is important and i can't find something that works.

PS: i've also seen the youtube vidoes where people say to put Comdlg32.ocx or the other one into system32 or sysWOW64 and use the Run or command prompt to register the file manually, but even that doesn't work.
                    should i just give up hacking?
                    I'm pretty sure that same file is in another program, that's how I got a-text to work...I dragged and dropped it. I'm pretty sure it's in Overworld Editor: Rebirth edition. Download that, and then drag and drop the file.
                    Old September 4th, 2012 (7:49 PM).

Can someone send me a link to where I can download ASM? I can't find it anywhere. :/
                      Old September 4th, 2012 (8:17 PM).
                      Just passin' thru

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by itman View Post
                        I'm pretty sure that same file is in another program, that's how I got a-text to work...I dragged and dropped it. I'm pretty sure it's in Overworld Editor: Rebirth edition. Download that, and then drag and drop the file.
                        your right, it comes with ComCTL32.ocx, but it says that it needs (or something isn't working with) ComDLG.ocx
                        and where do i paste the files to? the INI folder for A-Text?
                        Old September 4th, 2012 (9:53 PM).

What does it mean in A-map when it says "AvancedMapError(5): Value $FFFFFFFF is not a pointer!"? And how do I fix it? It's messing up all of my gameplay for that map. All I did was remove the wild pkmn data.
                          Old September 5th, 2012 (12:33 AM).
                          Memento Mori
                          • Gold Tier

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
                          What does it mean in A-map when it says "AvancedMapError(5): Value $FFFFFFFF is not a pointer!"? And how do I fix it? It's messing up all of my gameplay for that map. All I did was remove the wild pkmn data.
                          NEVER remove wild Pokémon data... this is what happens... if you don't want Pokémon to appear, just set the frequency to 0% but NEVER remove it...

@Ksiazek Bartlomiej: Jambo's working on patch. So far it's not possible throughout normal meanings.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                          Old September 5th, 2012 (6:33 AM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

NEVER remove wild Pokémon data... this is what happens... if you don't want Pokémon to appear, just set the frequency to 0% but NEVER remove it...

@Ksiazek Bartlomiej: Jambo's working on patch. So far it's not possible throughout normal meanings.
                            Yeah, trust me, won't happen again. The only thing I'm worried about, is that a similar thing happened to me before, where I deleted a map connection (which I also won't do again), and it started messing with other maps, completely distorting maps and tilesets. To fix the wild pkmn data problem, I just re-inserted the same map into the bank, and that one works fine. So, as long as I leave the other one that messed up alone, everything else should continue to work fine, right?
                            Old September 5th, 2012 (7:19 AM).
                            Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Quote:
                              Yeah, trust me, won't happen again. The only thing I'm worried about, is that a similar thing happened to me before, where I deleted a map connection (which I also won't do again), and it started messing with other maps, completely distorting maps and tilesets. To fix the wild pkmn data problem, I just re-inserted the same map into the bank, and that one works fine. So, as long as I leave the other one that messed up alone, everything else should continue to work fine, right?
                              Actually, by definition in the ROM, it isn't possible to set the frequency to 0. It automatically raises it to a base value if you set it to 0.
                              Old September 5th, 2012 (7:35 AM).
                              Ninja

Nature: Relaxed
                                Hey I'm working on a ruby game for me and my friends and I want to change the rival's name so when you type [rival] it says something different
                                Old September 5th, 2012 (8:53 AM).

Hey, does anyone know how i can edit the professor in the beginning of Pokemon Emerald when he is introducing the game and asking who you are.
                                  Old September 5th, 2012 (11:10 AM).
                                  I know who you are.

Hey.

Can anyone link me to a download for a GBA Pokemon Trainer Editor please?

The toolbox section of this website is awful, 80% of the links are outdated or broken... Downloading programs is a pain. Every PET and A-Trainer download I have tried has been instantly been removed by Mcafe for being a trojan.

Demo coming soon!
                                    Old September 5th, 2012 (11:50 AM).
                                    • Crystal Tier

Um, that's not the sections fault. Many of the tool creators have moved on, it's not our fault that the links expire.

Anyway, here's a link to A-Trainer. http://www.sendspace.com/file/29eu58

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                    Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                    Old September 5th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
                                    Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anybody know the unLZ number for the exclamation mark that comes up over OW's heads cause mine some how became orange
                                      Old September 5th, 2012 (12:48 PM).
                                      • Crystal Tier

You can edit the images by downloading NSE Classic. There is a Bookmark under the Hero Interactions folder, called Exclamations, that has the image for your editing pleasure :D

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                      Old September 5th, 2012 (8:13 PM).
                                      Just passin' thru

Quote:
                                        your right, it comes with ComCTL32.ocx, but it says that it needs (or something isn't working with) ComDLG.ocx
                                        and where do i paste the files to? the INI folder for A-Text?
                                        i found a solution!
                                        (ONLY for windows 7, i can't help if you're on a different OS)

all you have to do is download the file that A-Text says it has a problem with, then paste it in the folder that A-Text is in.
                                        after that, copy/paste it in your system32 folder (windows 7) and run A-Text as administrator!

FINALLY!

+1000 internets to the person that posted this on wiki.answers
                                        Old September 5th, 2012 (10:50 PM).

Can anyone link me to a ASM download? Sorry I'm asking again, but the toolbox doesn't seem to have it, and I can't move forward with my hack without it. It would be very appreciated.
                                          Old September 6th, 2012 (12:11 AM).
                                          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                          Memento Mori
                                          • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                          i found a solution!
                                          (ONLY for windows 7, i can't help if you're on a different OS)

all you have to do is download the file that A-Text says it has a problem with, then paste it in the folder that A-Text is in.
                                          after that, copy/paste it in your system32 folder (windows 7) and run A-Text as administrator!
                                          That was really a problem for someone? o.O
                                          It works for every Windows OS, if you download the missing part and put it into system32 A-Text will work.

Quote:
                                          Can anyone link me to a ASM download? Sorry I'm asking again, but the toolbox doesn't seem to have it, and I can't move forward with my hack without it. It would be very appreciated.
                                          ASM isn't downloadable... ASM is a programming language.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                          Closed Thread

Quick Reply