• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Featured: The All Animations Project

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
There's nothing wrong with it, other than that the page needed to be created. I've created it for you, in case that makes any difference.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've improved the page. All animations are currently listed as "Not done", even though some can be considered completed already (e.g. the grass rustling). It's up to the users to decide - if you think an existing animation needs improving, mark it as "Incomplete".

When editing the page, I strongly recommend that you do so using the "Source" editor rather than the "Visual" editor. This allows you to see the basic code behind the page, rather than give you a WYSIWYG view which can majorly mess up the page (particularly in Chrome).

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
...that page must have changed a lot between when I saw it and you saw it. I swear I'm not crazy QQ.

And yes, for the love of god use the code. What-you-see-is-what-you-get never actually gets you what you see. >>

Okay, so now we need our resources. Are there any objections to going along with pkmn.master's stuff? Personally, it seems a waste to me to not using something we already have a strong start of support for.

Andyman409

Noob
Years
...that page must have changed a lot between when I saw it and you saw it. I swear I'm not crazy QQ.

And yes, for the love of god use the code. What-you-see-is-what-you-get never actually gets you what you see. >>

Okay, so now we need our resources. Are there any objections to going along with pkmn.master's stuff? Personally, it seems a waste to me to not using something we already have a strong start of support for.
I dunno. I apologize in advance if it was my fault. Anyways...

No, by all means. We need to get our hands on as many attack tile sets and sound files as we can get.

Here is another thread that we may get attack animation resources from:

www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287962&highlight=essentials+attack+animations

From what I've read, this thread belonged to a group that worked on attack animations much as we do. They finished the attack animations for the moves Pkmn.master gave us the tile-sets for, and still had some attacks that were in progress, such as:

Crunch
Hypnosis
X-scizzor
Mean Look
Double Kick
Psycho Cut
Mud Bomb
Shadow Claw

Pkmn.master, since you worked with them, do you know whether or not we could get any resources or hands from them?

One last point. I like the idea of using the Youtube video with the audio for all attacks. Does anyone know how what file size,format, etc the sound files need to be? Because I got a good sound editing program on my mac. Anyone else got anything useful?

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
No, by all means. We need to get our hands on as many attack tile sets and sound files as we can get.

www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287962&highlight=essentials+attack+animations

It's a group that worked on attacks much as we do. Also, Pkmn.master was afiliated with them. Supposedly, they still had some attacks that were in progress, including:

Crunch
Hypnosis
X-scizzor
Mean Look
Double Kick
Psycho Cut
Mud Bomb
Shadow Claw

perhaps we should ask them whether they have the attack sheets and sound files we need?
Why not do a joint project?

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
I dunno. I apologize in advance if it was my fault. Anyways...

From what I've read, this thread belonged to a group that worked on attack animations much as we do. They finished the attack animations for the moves Pkmn.master gave us the tile-sets for, and still had some attacks that were in progress, such as:

Crunch
Hypnosis
X-scizzor
Mean Look
Double Kick
Psycho Cut
Mud Bomb
Shadow Claw

Pkmn.master, since you worked with them, do you know whether or not we could get any resources or hands from them?

One last point. I like the idea of using the Youtube video with the audio for all attacks. Does anyone know how what file size,format, etc the sound files need to be? Because I got a good sound editing program on my mac. Anyone else got anything useful?

Well, this thread looks relatively new, and I didn't work with its owner, they just mentioned me in their credits for graphic modifications. I'm sure that the user would work with us as well. As for the file formats, When I rip that video's sound, I just use Audacity (but just about any program with desktop recording would work). Just a standard .wav format must be used. I have ripped two or three, but I would do more as well. I am gaining much progress on my game and I am making maps for someone else, so I might not be quick on work, but this project has my attention and I'd like to provide some assistance. I can start ripping and naming those move sounds, and if a ripper who could get us those animation graphics would show, I would put some of those raws into RMXP format. I would also compile a few animations, just not as much as I would work with gathering the resources. A quick note, for anyone who compiles the animations, you should obviously know that you mustn't make the animation without first having the sound file for that animation, or at least knowing what it sounds like (since the animation must go along with the sound).

Although I would work

Andyman409

Noob
Years
Well, this thread looks relatively new, and I didn't work with its owner, they just mentioned me in their credits for graphic modifications. I'm sure that the user would work with us as well. As for the file formats, When I rip that video's sound, I just use Audacity (but just about any program with desktop recording would work). Just a standard .wav format must be used. I have ripped two or three, but I would do more as well. I am gaining much progress on my game and I am making maps for someone else, so I might not be quick on work, but this project has my attention and I'd like to provide some assistance. I can start ripping and naming those move sounds, and if a ripper who could get us those animation graphics would show, I would put some of those raws into RMXP format. I would also compile a few animations, just not as much as I would work with gathering the resources. A quick note, for anyone who compiles the animations, you should obviously know that you mustn't make the animation without first having the sound file for that animation, or at least knowing what it sounds like (since the animation must go along with the sound).

Audacity is a good program. At my old film school, it was considered one of the best amateur ones by far :) Anyhow, I'm not much of an audio guy myself, but I can easily record sounds from YouTube and convert them. In that case, perhaps we should all focus on sound effects first...

Also, I understand that you are busy with your game. I'm in the middle of some classes myself, so I'm also busy. Just pitch in whenever it's convenient.

On a final note, I'll PM the other group immediately.

Last edited:

Andyman409

Noob
Years
Just so you all know, the other group has not responded yet. Plus, I see there's a 10th anniversary celebration going on, which looks like fun. I volunteered to to work on the movie event, since I am a major cinephile (I studied it in college). So, for the time being, we might as well keep the workload light and enjoy ourselves.

One last thing- If anyone needs any help, feel free to ask the group for help- I know I will :). And remember to mark off what your doing using the page Maruno made for us here.

Last edited:

Andyman409

Noob
Years

Thanks, these look great. I guess it's decided that we'll use a combination of both 4th and 5th gen animations to make all the attacks. Any objections to this?

Also, if anyone has a Serebii account, can they ask this guy for permission. I like to give credit where credit is due

One last thing: I have signed myself up to do all the attacks starting with the letter "A". I hope that others will also start claiming moves. Remember, you don't have to complete a move immediately or entirely if you claim it. Just claim some attacks and work on them later. That way, we can stay organised. I never thought we'd finish these attacks soon. This is a long term project- and the sooner we take a step, the better.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Just ripped a few move sounds. Here is the file:

http://depositfiles.com/files/xesttvyt7

This is a part of the grass move sounds, I will add the rest soon. If anyone is wondering, it is 20:00-21:17 of that youtube video I posted earlier. Here is a list of the ripped ones included in this pack:

Petal Dance
Seed Flare
Solar Beam - Storing light
Solar Beam - Launched
Aromatherapy
Cotton Guard
Cotton Spore
Grass Whistle
Ingrain
Leech Seed
Leech Seed-health gained
Sleep Powder
Spore
Stun Spore
Synthesis
Worry Seed

Also, I have never edited a Wiki page before, and I don't currently have the time to learn at the moment, but later I will, so someone should post this under resources on the wiki.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
I have ripped the rest of the grass animation sound effects and reuploaded a single zip file with every grass move, even the ones in the previous post. From now own, I will upload all of the sound effects so that they are in packs based on thier type. I will upload the complete electric type library next. Here is that file:

http://depositfiles.com/files/gc6p7uxvj

Please make the necessary adjustment on the wiki. Delete the other link and post this one, include that this is the sound effects for all moves. I tried to do it myself, but wiki didn't take my changes.

Andyman409

Noob
Years
I have ripped the rest of the grass animation sound effects and reuploaded a single zip file with every grass move, even the ones in the previous post. From now own, I will upload all of the sound effects so that they are in packs based on thier type. I will upload the complete electric type library next. Here is that file:

http://depositfiles.com/files/gc6p7uxvj

Please make the necessary adjustment on the wiki. Delete the other link and post this one, include that this is the sound effects for all moves. I tried to do it myself, but wiki didn't take my changes.

The link has been updated. Thanks to whoever updated it and, of course, thanks PKMN.Master for making the sound effects. We are one step closer to achieving our goal.

Back