• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Persona 4 Arena [PS3/X360/Arcade]

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
That seriously sucks. They could at least take the region lock off the NA release so EU players aren't left out for so long. (That said, Persona 4 Golden is getting delayed outside Japan; maybe something's up that's affecting both?)

Also, I think this was noted before, the mechanics are actually very user-friendly. Just take a short run through the Lesson Mode and you'll know the basics and then some. Overall the game is friendlier to beginners than BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.

On another note (since I finally got P3FES off the PS Store), the ending still never fails to make me cry. T__T

Finally, in other news, I've changed out my signature and avatar pictures; one is of Aigis, one of Kanji, and the last, of course, is Naoto. (In a short spin-off manga, Persona X Detective Naoto, she'd grown her hair out. Kanji is embarrassed to see a 17-year-old Naoto.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
That seriously sucks. They could at least take the region lock off the NA release so EU players aren't left out for so long. (That said, Persona 4 Golden is getting delayed outside Japan; maybe something's up that's affecting both?)

Also, I think this was noted before, the mechanics are actually very user-friendly. Just take a short run through the Lesson Mode and you'll know the basics and then some. Overall the game is friendlier to beginners than BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.

On another note (since I finally got P3FES off the PS Store), the ending still never fails to make me cry. T__T

Finally, in other news, I've changed out my signature and avatar pictures; one is of Aigis, one of Kanji, and the last, of course, is Naoto. (In a short spin-off manga, Persona X Detective Naoto, she'd grown her hair out. Kanji is embarrassed to see a 17-year-old Naoto.)
It's still not confirmed that P4 Golden is getting released in Europe either... But if I ever get a Vita, it might be on my to buy list with Gravity Rush, but I'm holding out on getting one until there's a 3rd game I want on the library and price cut.

Regardless if the game is easy to learn, I still think it's always better to starrt out with a beginner-friendly, well rounded characters until you understand the whole mechanics and analyze how the other characters play. Between Mitsuru, Yu and Teddie, I went with the latter because he can shut down the former two, looks extremely fun to play, he has the best theme song and he's Teddie. Oh, and he has a Psycho Crusher, so using a character with a nod to my main in Street Fighter is always great! Kanji will be my other character to use because he's also apparently easy, just not as versatile. I still think he looks like a lot of fun so that's why I'm gonna use him alongside Teddie.

See, after I'm done with Teddie and Kanji, I'd have already learned Akihiko and Naoto's strengths and weakness, their combos and how to properly use them. And thanks to Teddie and Kanji, I would actually have an idea of the match-ups and can use my knowledge of each character to my advantage. That way, I wouldn't get destroyed so easily and I'll have dufferent strategies to use instead of just just blazing through with the same one. That's why I wanted a versatile character since they usually have an answer to everything and can stick to their playstyle everytime regardless of the match-up, whereas Naoto and Akihiko can't.

I can't say I like the long hair, just seems out of character. I also saw that there's a lot of fan service with a spin-off manga, but I never really thought of Naoto as a fan service character at all, rather the opposite actually. (Exactly why I even like her. Aside from being a detective of course.)

I'd still read it though, since I'm a sucker for crime novels and mysteries. Is there a translation available?

TornZero

Years
It's an arguably eccentric piece of work, even for SMT. Naoto somehow grows her hair out like crazy over just two years (though that seems normal for anime), a childhood friend goes missing, and she gets a new partner. The partner's a robot and can turn into a vehicle.

However, I couldn't find much more information, and even that's still vague. Most everything else ends up being miscellaneous scans. Anyways, the MegaTen Wiki Page for it will probably be updated five minutes after it gets released who-knows-when. Scanlation expected within a month or so after release.

Edit: Screw it, I'm changing this to be a Persona 3/4/A/G/manga thread. -_-

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's an arguably eccentric piece of work, even for SMT. Naoto somehow grows her hair out like crazy over just two years (though that seems normal for anime), a childhood friend goes missing, and she gets a new partner. The partner's a robot and can turn into a vehicle.

However, I couldn't find much more information, and even that's still vague. Most everything else ends up being miscellaneous scans. Anyways, the MegaTen Wiki Page for it will probably be updated five minutes after it gets released who-knows-when. Scanlation expected within a month or so after release.

Edit: Screw it, I'm changing this to be a Persona 3/4/A/G/manga thread. -_-
This partner sounds like something out of Metal Gear Solid. Now I really want to read it, but I take it hasn't been translated yet. Oh well. Where did you get the pictures in your signature? Interested to see the full ones.

I see nothing wrong with that, and I honestly doubt most got P4A for being a fighting game rather than for the story (which is a big selling point to Atlus, apparently). P4 Golden is still 3 months away, anyway. Too bad I probably can't talk much since I still haven't played a single game in the series, but I bet my copy of Persona 4 is already in my house in Ireland.

Speaking of the story in P4A, is it any good? I didn't want to spoil anything myself, but I don't think I saw any comments towards it. Everything I read about the game is concerned with the fighting mechanics, the characters' playstyles and match-ups rather than anything else.

Anyone saw this?
sLvkv.jpg

30$ extra seems a bit too much, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't get it if I had the chance and a Vita. I'd ask if it'll be available to Europe, but the real question is if the people living in Europe are even getting the game.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't like that, not one bit (it looks appetizing, but I don't like it because now I'm inclined to buy it -_-)...I love Persona 4, and I've never been the type to shell out extra cash on a product because of a special edition (especially not $30)...but its Persona 4.

Worse yet, I'm buying a Vita the same day as I get P4. I'm really going to have to hope that people give me a crapton of money this year, becaue altogether thit would come to about $325, and I just bought a 3DS XL and Theatrythm Final Fantasy, so I only have about $150 right now and no (registered) job. *sigh*

TornZero

Years
Actually, if you're going to spring for an even half-decent data card (as in more than 8GB; BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND is 3.3GB, and many other good games are over a gig each), the total's gonna come out to about $340, P4G included.

On that very delicious premium edition, GAHHHHHH. I was honestly only aware of the Vita skin with matching wallpapers until now. But ONLY 10,000?! That's insane! Those would end up gone within two days at the absolute max!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
A 32G card is 100$, but I doubt the Vita won't get a price drop eventually. So far it's going the Dreamcast route.

What are the new additions for P4G anyway? New fanservices, new character, bikes and a new dungeon is all I heard.

TornZero

Years
New Social Links; new difficulties like Persona 3 Portable (instead of just Normal, Easy and Hard); new cutscenes; more Personas; new areas; Tag Team attacks (which take the place of Persona 3's fusion spells); a new mini-game; Trophies; in-game music players; and a new epilogue to the True Ending arc, among quite a few other features like being able to call for help over Wi-Fi when your party's in a critical state.

However, what stands out the most to me is the ability to choose which skills your Personas will inherit through fusion! No longer shall P3 and P4 players have to waste hours trying to get just the right inheritance combinations!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
And on a lesser note, improved visuals and a new opening (though Pursuing My True Self will probably be there as the second opening, if FES was any indication). Really, it has all the makings of a remake, what with all they're adding, I'm unsure as to how its even possible for them to have made this a port, especially with the addition of the new character.

Zet

Years
A 32G card is 100$, but I doubt the Vita won't get a price drop eventually. So far it's going the Dreamcast route.

What are the new additions for P4G anyway? New fanservices, new character, bikes and a new dungeon is all I heard.
Sony has said the Vita won't be getting a price drop any time soon, and I agree with them since the Vita is worth the money. Though the memory cards on the other hand might see a price drop(and I hope they do get one).

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Sony has said the Vita won't be getting a price drop any time soon, and I agree with them since the Vita is worth the money. Though the memory cards on the other hand might see a price drop(and I hope they do get one).
I disagree, the Vita right now is a failure, whether you want to believe that or not. (only sold 2.2 million units. That is awful.) The hardware is great, but it doesn't make up for Sony's horrible support and the library. Why pay all that money for an unproven system when I can pay cheaper for a 3DS that is evidently going the path of the DS with its library, which is an amazing thing. Hell, even the 3DS ports are better than Vita's. MGS3 in 3DS has exclusive features and utilizes the touchscreen making it the definitive version of the game, whereas MGS3 on the Vita is just the same PS2 game. Even the game looks better on the 3DS with the 3D than the Vita, the only issue is the framerate. That's a different topic though.

Now about Persona-related things, I checked the Amazon UK page for Persona 4 Arena and it updated the release date to September 14th. I heard no real confirmation about this, but god it makes me hopeful. I really want to play the game already.

TornZero

Years
Spoiler:

On Persona, that'll be completely awesome if it turns out to be true! Not even two weeks away now, hopefully.

Years
Now about Persona-related things, I checked the Amazon UK page for Persona 4 Arena and it updated the release date to September 14th. I heard no real confirmation about this, but god it makes me hopeful. I really want to play the game already.

Until Zen United says something directly to us about their crappy translation finally being finished, I'm calling BS on any said release dates being posted.

As far as Persona 4 Arena wise, I happen to main Yu.

OKIZEME GAME = GG

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Got Persona 4. Beat Shadow Kanji yesterday and right now I'm gathering information about Rise to get to the dungeon. Last time I enjoyed a JRPG that much was back when FFIVDS was out, but I used a walkthrough so playing a JRPG without one is a completely different experience.

I'm really LOVING the game though. Really enjoyable. Team is gonna be Kanji/Teddie/Naoto.Too bad Naoto sucks hard against bosses though, so I'll probably just use Yosuke for them, but it'll be too much of a hassle leveling him up just for bosses. =/ Oh well.
Oh yeah, it's hard too! Last hall in the Sauna gave me trouble with those shadows spamming Maragi/zio/bufu and getting a lot of extra turns for hitting a weakness, haha.
Until Zen United says something directly to us about their crappy translation finally being finished, I'm calling BS on any said release dates being posted.

As far as Persona 4 Arena wise, I happen to main Yu.

OKIZEME GAME = GG
Yeah, probably won't see it until after October. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out tomorrow so at least it'll fill my desire for fighting games until it's out, whenever that is. Thing about Tekken is that I'm not willing to spend so many times with it anymore, now that I have boxing that I have to be concerned about, and I'm more focused on other games like Persona 4 and Metal Gear Solid HD. Eh, I really won't take the game seriously though, gonna play it for good fun. Hell, that's what got me into P4A in the first place.

Yu looks like a PERFECT character to start out with. I'm already decided on Teddie for a beginner character because of the fact he's got positive match ups against other high tiers, but I'm having second thoughts about him being easy. Honestly this game has so many characters I want to use, unlike Tekken Tag 2 where I'm only gonna use Steve/Alex lol.

Yu's okizame is MONSTEROUS though, holy ****. Freaking Izanagi LOL.

Years
Since a friend recently told me that my Yu can eventually become best in state, I take this game serious...but not AS such.

Naoto is BAD against bosses...and questionable on Regular enemies, compared to everyone else.

I used Yosuke, Teddie, and Yukiko. Infini-Coverage, plus 2 Healers, and Yosuke can buff. Best team there imo. Chie is good too, since she has that Physical going on, but for regular attacking, SHE ALWAYS MISSESSS

Yu is a good char to start with, but like Ryu, hard as HELLLL to master.
Teddie is good, and he's become high-tier as of late, but he's really good because of his normals.
But he's not that easy to play as much as Yu is.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
Years
This is actually a really fun game, I'm someone who is kinda new to fighters, I mean i've played Melthy Blood and Guilty Gear before but I was never very good at them. I've seeingly picked up Yukiko very easily and enjoy playing as her.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Just beat the final boss, normal ending one. Man the anime made him look so underwhelming, but fighting against him in the game (with that music no less) was such a great climactic experience. You know what pisses me off though? I couldn't maximize Naoto's social link. I've been trying to get Kanji's first since I only started social linking with him AFTER Mistuo's dungeon (didn't know I had to talk to that girl in the 2nd floor in school) so I didn't get the chance...Oh well, gonna try to get it on my NG+ and true ending playthrough.

Speaking of the true ending...I was kind of curious on what it is so I took a "peek" (if you will) on what it is, since I didn't want to play the whole game for something that could potentially end up stupid (COUGHNEWSUPERMARIOBROS2COUGH), and ended up spoiling it.
Now, generally, I hate spoilers, but I don't really regret it. (and they don't really ruin games for me to be honest.) Well I kind of do, but it got me so pumped to beat the game again and I'm not hesitant anymore. I also enjoyed the whole game knowing full well of what is gonna happen thanks to the anime, so it's not to say I won't enjoy the final dungeon either, so I guess it was for the better. Obviously I haven't spoiled the whole thing (don't even know the dungeon's design...or if there is one), so hopefully there will be surprises.

The game is great...last RPG game I enjoyed was Final Fantasy IV DS, so it's nice to see a game that showed me the things I liked about JRPGs. Team was still Teddie/Naoto/Kanji and haven't even used Yosuke once after getting Naoto, and I plan on using that team again for the new playthrough and P4G. They all work surprisingly well with each other too, and Naoto wasnt as completely useless as I thought. Mind Charge + Megidola(on) does so much damage, backed up by how hard Kanji hits bosses ended up dying fast. Don't think I even used the MC for attacking much lol.

PERSONA 4 ARENA RELATED THINGS: Lol possible 2013 release date....man life sucks. ;_;

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
There are too many things I want. Namely all the games you guys have been talking about. Except Persona 4. I already have that one. Though I still say P3: FES has the best ending. Even if it made me shed a manly tear or two.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Of course. I need to get a Vita first, though. I want to see Narukami and the others dressed in the Gekkoukan uniforms. I wish I had the money, but alas...college students are usually broke and I'm no exception.

Back