• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Featured: The All Animations Project

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
The link has been updated. Thanks to whoever updated it and, of course, thanks PKMN.Master for making the sound effects. We are one step closer to achieving our goal.

Not a problem. I'll try to get a whole type's worth of SE's every other day time permitting. To get the work started for those working with the animations, if you have the graphic of the animation, and you have claimed/requested to do that particular animation and are ready to start working on it but you need the sound effect, please PM me or post here which ones you are ready to start on, and I will go ahead and find and rip them and send them to you before I upload them with their particular type. This will speed up the process for those waiting for the sound to begin work.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
hey =)
i like the idea of making animations...
but i never made animations in essentials so a tutorial video would be nice!
and i can rip almost any attack graphics from pokemon BW so just say if you need one...
it would be nice if you write me a pm in deviantART because i am more offten online there... http://xtreme1992.deviantart.com/
just tell me which attack graphic you need from BW and i will rip it... ;)
it would be awesome to have essentials with all the animations done!

EDIT
uhm maybe we should make the moves in the order of their index number...
i added a list in the attachments with the moves arranged in their index number...
and we should add to the wiki page for each move a check for resources...
for example if there are graphics available there should be a link to the graphic and if only the sound available a link to the sound...
so people can add separate parts of the animations and other people can finish animations with already ripped resources...

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Also I can you show us some progresss on current animations that are either done, or being currently worked on.

Andyman409

Noob
Years
Nice to see you on board, the_end. Your contributions are much appreciated.

Anyways, to respond to your questions, I originally wanted to do each attack in alphabetical order. However, Pkmn.master found it helpful to categorize all the sound effects by elemental type, so he could release them in manageable packages. I'd follow his lead, and release the attack rips in elemental packs, to easily cohere with his work. However, it doesn't really matter how you choose release them; do whatever's easiest for you to manage. If you wish to release your attack rips individually, you can do so in the "download(s)" column, next to each attack.

Anyways, if you wish to learn how to make attack animations, read this article on Essentials Wiki. You need to reformat the ripped attacks into "animation sheets", and open them up in one of the animation editors. The entire process is kinds tricky and requires a lot of practice. I kinda suck at it, so your not alone. If you want to only focus on ripping attacks, I can do the conversions for you. Interestingly, I don't know how to rip, but I can convert attack rips into animation sheets. I'd love to be able to get B/W attack rips for every grass type move, now that we have the B/W attack sound effects for them. That way, I can format them, and the rest of us can begin animating them.

Zingzags: We have a status bar next to each of our attacks, which changes colour depending on whether or not the attack is finished, in progress, etc. Resources can also be added under the "downloads" column, or the "Resources" section.

Remember, all contributions, no matter how small, are appreciated. And BTW we should probably add a credits section, giving everyone credit for what they have contributed.

Last edited:

Andyman409

Noob
Years
A quick notice. It would be helpful if we could get a turtorial on how to rip attack graphics from black and white. If anyone can provide a tutorial, or link to one, that would be most appreciated.

To anyone who wishes to help us, here is a quick tutorial on how to create attack animations, and attack animation sheets. To record sound effects, all you have to do is record the sounds from this Youtube video.

If anyone needs help, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
Yes please someone make a short tutorial on how to rip the attack animations. As I have said before, I am willing to put a lot of my time into helping make the attack animations while I still have the time, but I have no idea how to rip the animations.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Back again after a rough homecoming week at school. I have been working on the Normal attack sound effects and I am pleased to say that they have all been ripped (excluding the attacks that use Pokemon cries such as Roar or Howl). I have ripped and placed them all in a zip file here: http://depositfiles.com/files/txgvjc5gj
Please update the wiki page.

The filesize is large though (20 MB) - after all, normal type attacks compose roughly 1/4 of all moves. The good news is that I am 1/4 the way done in ripping all sound effects! Another note, all of the sound effects are from Black/White. Who ever will rip the graphics, try to rip the ones from Black and White or BW2, since these will be more compatable with the sound.

Andyman409

Noob
Years
Back again after a rough homecoming week at school. I have been working on the Normal attack sound effects and I am pleased to say that they have all been ripped (excluding the attacks that use Pokemon cries such as Roar or Howl). I have ripped and placed them all in a zip file here: http://depositfiles.com/files/txgvjc5gj
Please update the wiki page.

The filesize is large though (20 MB) - after all, normal type attacks compose roughly 1/4 of all moves. The good news is that I am 1/4 the way done in ripping all sound effects! Another note, all of the sound effects are from Black/White. Who ever will rip the graphics, try to rip the ones from Black and White or BW2, since these will be more compatable with the sound.

Oh man, been there. Right now I'm knee deep in course work :(

Anyways, good job pkmn.master! I'll put these up on the wikia immediatly. So far, Seth Pegasus and myself expressed interest in ripping graphics. The problem, however, is that we don't know how! Know where we can find a good tutorial? I can convert the attack rips into animation sheets that essentials can read; but I don't know how to actually get the rips in the first place!

The_end also said he'd lend a hand ripping attacks. I messaged him on deviantart, but so far he hasn't responded. I hope he'd still planning to help.

Last edited:
Years
i have quite a few attack graphics and a few extra others
altho they might need to be resized & are from diamond & pearl

Spoiler:

if you want them just tell me or you can get them yourself from the spriters resource

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Any animations are better than none. They can always be improved/replaced afterwards if necessary.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
well the best way to rip animations is with animget (http://spritedatabase.net/download)
but its really time consuming and i am busy with my own project and i still have to finish the tcg screens as well so i have no time to rip them myself...
what i can do is provide you all the moves in animated png (for better quality) so you can rip them yourself... (easier then ripping them from the rom...)
here are the moves:
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fighting
Fire
Flying
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Ice
Normal (part1)
Normal (part2)
Normal (part3)
Poison
Psychic
Rock
Steel
Water

each file contains all the moves for the type that i named it... ^^
the file sizes are this big because they are animated pngs and because the moves has about 300 frames... ^^
i divided the normal type moves in 3 parts because there are more then 150 moves and the file size would be to big... <.<
if you dont know how to view apng files...
just open them with the free program "XnView"... (http://www.xnview.com/)
opening them with firefox is also possible but chrome and explorer dont support animated png... =(

Last edited:

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
  • Age 32
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
Just one question here: In what style are your animations going to be like? Does the graphic look realistic, cartoonish or similar to the 5th gen attacks?

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
All graphics should be ripped straight from BW or BW2. I don't know the best way to rip these graphics, but the_end seems to have an idea. We will have to rip those graphics from the animated PNG, since we can't just throw all of those frames in and be done, since this would be impossible. I will continue ripping the sounds, and for the meantime, whoever wishes to start on animations should stick with grass and normal types, since we have these sounds now. It really doesn't matter, however, as long as you design these animations to be very similar to the ones in BW, since the sound effects go with the animations from BW. Use this video as a reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXl2r3_Cts. When ripping the animated PNGs provided by the_end, be sure not to get the same graphics. Most of the animation involves a few graphics that are just resized and rotated.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
so finished... :)
all moves are uploaded in apng format...
hope that they will be useful... ^^

Andyman409

Noob
Years
well the best way to rip animations is with animget (http://spritedatabase.net/download)
but its really time consuming and i am busy with my own project and i still have to finish the tcg screens as well so i have no time to rip them myself...
what i can do is provide you all the moves in animated png (for better quality) so you can rip them yourself... (easier then ripping them from the rom...)
here are the moves:
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fighting
Fire
Flying
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Ice
Normal (part1)
Normal (part2)
Normal (part3)
Poison
Psychic
Rock
Steel
Water

each file contains all the moves for the type that i named it... ^^
the file sizes are this big because they are animated pngs and because the moves has about 300 frames... ^^
i divided the normal type moves in 3 parts because there are more then 150 moves and the file size would be to big... <.<
if you dont know how to view apng files...
just open them with the free program "XnView"... (http://www.xnview.com/)
opening them with firefox is also possible but chrome and explorer dont support animated png... =(

Wow, good job! These will make our lives much easier. Before we post it on the wikia, I have to quickly ask whether these are all B/W animations? It's just that, since we have B/W sound effects, B/W animations would synch much easier to them. If there are any D/P animations, it would probably be easier for the animators if we rip D/P sound effects for them instead.

By the way, we should probably organize and claim attacks based on their types, not alphabetical order.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Wow, good job! These will make our lives much easier. Before we post it on the wikia, I have to quickly ask whether these are all B/W animations? It's just that, since we have B/W sound effects, B/W animations would synch much easier to them. If there are any D/P animations, it would probably be easier for the animators if we rip D/P sound effects for them instead.

By the way, we should probably organize and claim attacks based on their types, not alphabetical order.

they are all from BW... ^^

Andyman409

Noob
Years
they are all from BW... ^^

Great! I added them all to the wikia. I also decided to make a chart to organise our resources better. The idea is that you first download the APNGs, than rip each one for single frames, than finally convert them into animation sheets that essentials can read. The chart covers all intermediary stages. Sound effects can be directly ripped from the youtube video, which canbe found here.

Back