• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
ok guess I only needed one day. Don't forget advanced training club opens after classes.

you do gain levels for training (one per post see first page), and its an RP oppertunity. Also you can use the club as a method to improve certain stats a well as learn new tactics, but thats up to you.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@SD- why would i be mad? O.o and i dont think you've said anything to offend me, atleast, not on facebook xD i'm gonna make Ruby's next post soon, can i incluse Kilik in it? i mean, she'll trow a note to him :P

:) Of course! ;P You might get lucky if Mr. Ryan doesn't spot you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2015
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): James Walker

Age (10-15): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

Appearance: With his shoulder length light auburn hair, and his long trenchcoat that he never leaves his dorm without, James is one of the academy's more noticeable students. His bright green eyes and above average height of 5'7 this doesn't help him conceal himself any further either.

Personality: James, unlike most kids his age that simply want to have fun with friends and enjoy their time at the academy, wants to leave the academy as quickly as possible to pursue his goal of overpassing his father. He is generally a confident boy yet tries to avoid conversation from the majority of people that he deems inferior to him, talking almost exclusively to teachers and even a few select students of Suicune Dormitory. James prefers to use his knowledge and different strategies to help him win his pokemon battles above hands-on experience and strong pokemon.

History: Originating from Sunyshore City, James began with a relatively easy upbringing, always surrounded by strong high levelled pokemon and trainers due to the Sunyshore Gym, he decided that he wanted to go to the Academy to train to be a trainer himself. Due to the vast amount of traffic that came into the city, his mother and father were quite rich, owning the town's Pokemart which provided the family with a large house and lots of gifts to keep James happy with, and promised to grant him his wish to go once he turned 10 years of age. When he first started going to school, James was a well liked boy who was quite popular among his classmates but this led to to becoming the class clown and receiving low grades in the majority of his classes. This all changed when, a few months before his tenth birthday, James' mother passed away at a young age leaving his father distraught and lost causing him to sell the Pokemart and move away from Sunyshore City, leaving James with his cousin. James began to feel angry and believe that life had cheated him from his one wish. He also became mad at his father for abandoning him in his time of need, which led to him becoming a social outcast and concentrating on his school work, showing he had to talent to get impeccable scores in all classes. He made friends with the gym leader Volkner, and saw him as a father figure to him because he taught him the basics of pokemon battling and pushed him to research further into battle strategies and such, teling him to never give up on his dream. As a reward for his amazing grades his cousin and her husband used their savings to send James to the academy, where he wiped the floor with the written and physical exams without breaking a sweat.

Pokémon

Species: Elekid

Personality: Elekid was the originally the starter pokemon that was given to James' mother when she began as a trainer. Before her early passing, she gave Elekid strict instructions to always stay with James even through times of hardship and Elekid plans on fulfilling his word.

Lvl(Max 25): 16

Moves: Thunderpunch, Cross Chop,

---

Man I am god awful at appearances, I had a picture but it won't allow it with me not having made 15 posts or more.

So if accepted how would I start my first entry into the RP?

Last edited:
Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Atie Chopper

Nickname (Optional):The Shadow of the Samurai

Age (10-15): 14

Sex (Male or Female):Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):Raikou Dorm

Appearance : 5''0 tall, In his free time and during class (That doesn't include battling) he wears a simple traditional kimono, When he battles he has his Samurai armour on. He has always a bag with his Samurai armour in it in case for unexpected battles, he carries his Pokebals in his sleeve,and he never goes anywhere without his Kendo-Sword. He has Black mohawk styled hair and has red dreamy eyes and has a X signed scar on his back.

Personality: He is a calm and disciplined boy, He believes in his pride and honour as a apprentice Samurai trainer, He respects every living being aslong as it doesn't harm him or his pride.He knows that he's way to weak tob be a real Samurai but he also knows that if he learns the basic of training Pokemon he'll be a great Samurai-trainer

History: He was born in a island that people believed never could've reached alive by a human, A Island in the whirl Islands that is in the eye of a big whirlpool, who only a group
of the Sasuke Samurai has reached alive, He is born to be an Elite Samurai, He has been training the art of Kendo since it's 4th year. When he reached 10 he was already a master in the art, His last test, before he could master swordmanship, was to fight a Scyther and kill it with the sword he got. He refused and got slashed by his master on the back 2 times as prove of a banished Samurai, He was thrown out off the Islands with his only fate to die together with the Scyther who he refused to kill when they where about to be killed by the stream of the whrilpool a Oshawott came to rescue them and with a miracle they survived, He was in coma for 2 years, When he woke up he was in the Cianwood Pokemoncenter Chuck found him and brought him there and if it wasn't for the great medicine of Cianwood both him Scyther and Oshwott would die, after one year of training he decided to applicate for the Academy with the sworn thought in his mind to surpass his master and restore his pride as Samurai.

Pokemon

Scyther:Lvl 15
Arail Ace
Night Slash
X-Scizor
Sword Dance
Roost
Brick Break

Oshawott:Lvl14
Aqua Jett
Razor Shell
X-Scizor
Surf
Sword Dance
Grass knot

Personality:
Scyther: Scyther is always there for Atie he won't hesitate to go over his limits even if he gets fatally wounded,Atie's love for Pokemon was more then his pride and thats why Scyther life was spared, Scyther wants to become stronger like Atie to accomplish their dream: Surpass Atie's Master

Oshawott: loves playing is rightfull loves justice, Oshawott will always save the day, That is what he thinks..

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2015
Oh and a second question if you don't mind.

Do we pick a number of classes to take or are they all mandatory?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Oh and a second question if you don't mind.

Do we pick a number of classes to take or are they all mandatory?

the GMs pick your classes at the start of the day. Sadly its random so you won't always get classes you want, and since some classes are lead by an RP teacher they won't always work out.

EX. Arctros holds biology class, and I attended it with one of my students and well my expectations were not what happened, but it wasn't my call so it was fine.

@Yellow do you plan to update the list of classes anytime soon?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@batmanvondoom: I'm going to go ahead and approve your character. Welcome to the RP. :P Also, you are assigned a class at the beginning of each day that is mandatory IC, but your character has the option of skipping.

Other than that, you're free to make an NPC teacher teach your student character after hours or seek extra help from an PC teacher. (One controlled by another RPer)

Most students seem to spend a lot their time off doing their own thing however.

...I should really make a "How each day in the RP works" spoiler on the front page. o3o

@Atie: ...Alright. I'm going to have to deny this SU. Two immediate issues come to mind. The island described in the history doesn't really make sense... Pokemon are more than capable of traversing most whirlpools. What is this one, the maelstrom from WoW? And even if it was...-- It's not physically possible for an island to form in the eye of a whirlpool or for a whirlpool to form in solid ground. An island moving into the eye of a whirlpool would immediately disrupt it's flow and cause it to dissipate. Even disregarding the notion that pokemon can't simply surf/whirlpool/dive through it, you've still got an abundance of flying types that aren't even phased by it. Yet... nobody makes it there alive.

So yeah, the island seems to assume Pokemon don't exist or are kind of incompetent. It also kind of operates on some weeeird physics that I'm not sure I'm cool with.

The other issue is that he... is asked to strike down a scyther with a sword? ... Now, a sword is only as strong as the strength put into it. Your character is... a human kid right? That scyther is at least a dozen times faster, more agile, and strong enough to easily rend solid steel with his much, much more durable blades.

A human-grade sword swung by even a good sword user would most likely shatter on impact with a scyther's powerful carapace. A scyther is to a praying mantis what superman is to humans. Did his family /want/ him to fail? Because what they asked him to do is literally impossible. o_o

Lastly, the history and personality feel too short and the orthology of your writing... earnestly has me concerned that it will drive other RPers nuts. There's literally at least a dozen mistakes in the first sentence of your history disregarding the fact that the sentence structure itself is kind of a mess.

@Jasonwolf: What list of classes? The list on the first post? That's a list of NPC classes. It will never be updated with RPer teachers.

The character list on the first post contains a list of staff, all of which except Kiyoko have some sort of job at the academy. You can then contact the RPer to ask about their character OR look them up in the SU list which lists their actual job.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
@PkmnTrainerYellow, I don't mean to be a bother but how do I start off my first post? Or is there something I was already supposed to do?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Pat a good way to start off would be arriving by ship to the island and working off from there.

In other news, I recently requested a commision from a certiain Vay Demona on deviant art. Theres been a bit of a delay but she's sent me a sketch of Mark and Snype :D

attachment

I think its looking pretty sweet so far. I requested her to change up Snype's stance a bit but other then that, I think it looks pretty awesome :D

Dawn

Years
@pat20cool: Well... introduce your character to the island and have them start doing something! I would recommend having them interact with anther RPers character. You can find helpful resources on the first post of this OOC such as the accepted character list for getting in contact with people you may want to have your character interact with.

You can also use the player SUs spoiler to find people's actual character SUs if you want in-depth information about a character without asking.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Jbsundown: I'll see if I can post tonight. I see the current post rate in your class has risen. I'll just think of a question Kilik can ask Mr. Ryan. Work can be a drag, but not all the time.

Yellow, I'm curious about something. Has anyone ever met a legendary in this RP, RPer or NPC? Even caught one?

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: Aaah... that's actually straight from back when Jackblaze ran the RP. You're right though. I should probably fix that.

@ShinyDiamond: No. Legendaries are strictly forbidden. An exception was made for N and Hilda, because you can't really have them without their legendaries. (Or at least, you couldn't at the time. *COUGH SPOILERS*)

@Jasonwolf: That being said, legendaries in RP are an extremely controversial subject that I can almost guarantee would cause some people to become pretty upset. I can't approve a request to meet a legendary.

The issue is that people tend to expect legendaries to be extremely powerful boss-types, which is quite frankly wrong to the most extreme degree. The issue being that people have difficulty... getting that. If I were to put a legendary in that didn't happen to literally be arceus, it would most likely get easily overwhelmed by any given teacher due to the fact that a full or mostly full team still has an /EXTREME/ advantage over a pokemon that happens to be somewhat stronger than normally plausible. People would then complain that making legendaries relatively incapable of taking on a decent team of pokemon takes away from their majestic nature or something like that.

But... I mean, that's how legendaries are supposed to be. I do not like the idea of godmodding legendaries around to make them seem like something they're not. So yeah, that's the issue basically.

The other side is that other people hate feeling like legendaries are game breaking in terms of their power. Some also think legendaries are cliche. So if I include them, there's really no way to avoid upsetting people.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I didn't want to fight it. Orion is way too classy for that. His whole backstory is living around a volcano and well Entei is the volcano pokemon, and woulld be a great bit of RP for Orion.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
For those interesting, I'll be having Lucia stay at the center for a bit. If anyone wants to interact with her then go on ahead.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Really then. 'Cause I was hoping to get Kilik to meet with a Celebi, & then go back in time to prevent his dad going to the hospital, that way his parents would definitely come for Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back