• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Have You Caught A Legendary Hound? (Entei, Suicune, Raikou)

Ralts Love

#1 Ralts Fan
Years
I myself have only captured 1 Suicune on my Leaf Green game. They are hard to find as you must all know considering these hounds run around everywhere and finding one is random and takes some skill/luck. I remember finding it at 6 in the morning and freaking out, I was at my friends house at that time and we were both just laying around each playing our Pokemon games and I started yelling "oh my god! oh my god! dude! dudeeee!!!!!". Haha, good times. :p

So what's your story, and even if you haven't caught one, what's your story about how you almost caught one and got angry because it fled.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I have honestly never encountered them. I know they exist and when you can start looking for them but after playing the game multiple times, I have yet to find one of them. But I guess that's how it works, if I don't like Fr/Lg then it doesn't like me.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I found a Suicune easily on the route near Celadon city I used Repels and I walked like 20-30 steps in the grass and if I found nothing I would enter the gate that lead to Saffron City and I would exit that gate and I would walk 20-30 steps in the grass again. Kept doing that over and it took me like 5 minutes to find it. Then I threw Master Ball at it and boxed it.

Pinta77

Never found one on leafgreen. I got all 3 on pokemon colosseum though, so I'm alright =)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I captured Suicune on my FireRed version the first time I played through, but didn't catch any of them again each time I restarted it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
In Leaf Green I caught Raikou, and it was what I ended up using my Master Ball on as it is the only roving legendary in the game. I've done this in every playthrough of Leaf Green except my most recent, since I have yet to come across it yet. But the Master Ball is ready :)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
It infuriates me (even though I shouldn't care) when people refer to them as dogs, they're way closer to big cats PLEASE stop callin' them dogs :I

I've captured all 3 of them in SoulSilver at one point, all of them in Colosseum, and that's it. Tough to get, it usually takes me forever to catch them because I don't feel like trekking around the region just to get them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
In Leaf Green I caught Raikou and in Fire Red I caught Suicune in my first run and Entei in my second.

I prefer to call them the gerbil trio though.

Koiko

A Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
Years
I bought a version in gamestop used with all legendaries practically including Mew and Mewtwo ;)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
The first time I played Fire Red, I didn't actually know that the legendary dogs were in the game. I was going to use my Master Ball on Mewtwo. Just as I was going through Route 24 to get to Cerulean Cave, I find Suicune and remember being really surprised, haha. XD I just threw my Master Ball at it and caught Mewtwo in a Ultra Ball instead. :3

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
In Crystal I caught a Suicune but never caught the other. But Silver was a different story. I actually caught every one of them in it. Never caught them in FR/LG but caught Intei so far in SS. Everytime I encounter Raikou I don't have my Gengar with Mean Look. I have 2 Gengars btw. 1 for catching them and another one to battle with.

Years
I did find Raikou on my playthrough of Fire Red the first time, and then I found Entei on my most recent game. I think that the Pokemon that appears depends on your starter or something, but I can't remember which starter I chose in either run (since I never really used them), so I don't know which Legendary Beast they each trigger.

Years
I think that the Pokemon that appears depends on your starter or something, but I can't remember which starter I chose in either run (since I never really used them), so I don't know which Legendary Beast they each trigger.

I think the Legendary Beast you get is the one that's strong against your starter. So Bulbasaur->Entei, Charmander->Suicune, and Squirtle->Raikou

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I caught a Suicune, used Wobbuffet to stop it from escaping and spammed UltraBalls.
After resetting, I saved my Master Ball for Suicune and caught it with Master Ball the moment I found it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
you just need a wobbuffet with a level lower than the three.. check your map for their current location. Use repel then walk into the grass until the legendary pokemon shows up.

Back