Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 18th, 2012 (2:30 AM).
Bebop's Avatar
Bebop Bebop is offline
you're a nut you're crazy in the coconut
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Tier
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Developer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 26
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 11,158

We just finished working on a new style sector, based loosely on the old one with the tiny icons. This version has bigger images than before, making it easier to actually see what you're picking. XD

You can get to it by clicking here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=styleselector

There's also a new "featured styles" box at the bottom of the forum index. Every couple week's we'll change it, maybe having supporters vote on them in the VIP or something. Not sure yet.

Anyway, this thread is for feedback! If you see anything broken or can think of a way to improve it, let us know here. 8)

One thing I want to do is have them broken into categories and colors. So like, "Dark Styles", "Light Styles", "Special Events", etc. And then a color picker so you can choose styles based on red, based on green, and so forth.

__________________

cosmos without hatred, diamond stars of cosmic light, quasars shine through endless nights

Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old September 18th, 2012 (2:47 AM).
Treecko's Avatar
Treecko Treecko is offline
im back
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 5,769

Oh wow I really like this more than the old one. The larger image really make it easier and give you a better idea of what the style looks like. The only thing I noticed that not all the style have a description when you roll your mouse over. If they're all suppose to, then you should fix that.
Other than that I noticed no other problems. I like the idea of having categories and a color picker cause then people can choose a style that fits their own personal style or interest.

__________________

im back

Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old September 18th, 2012 (2:49 AM).
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline

see meee?

  • Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 48,274

I love the new style selector. This update was needed and now with even more personal touch to it.

And the larger images give us a better impression of what it will look nice.

Great job Audy!

__________________

pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter

Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old September 18th, 2012 (3:02 AM).
Bebop's Avatar
Bebop Bebop is offline
you're a nut you're crazy in the coconut
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Tier
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Developer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 26
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 11,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Oh wow I really like this more than the old one. The larger image really make it easier and give you a better idea of what the style looks like. The only thing I noticed that not all the style have a description when you roll your mouse over. If they're all suppose to, then you should fix that.
Other than that I noticed no other problems. I like the idea of having categories and a color picker cause then people can choose a style that fits their own personal style or interest.
Yeah... the descriptions are left over from the old style selector, and we never finished giving them all descriptions. :P I'll work on that another night.

Same with the creator names. They all say "PokeCommunity" by default, and I only did a page or two of adding in the right names. A lot of styles still need to be updated for that.

__________________

cosmos without hatred, diamond stars of cosmic light, quasars shine through endless nights

Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old September 18th, 2012 (3:04 AM).
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka Avishka is offline

...

  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,161

it looks really nice! Now it is very easy to select a style!!
wow! There are soo many styles! i have used only a few.
the category and color picker is also nice

Good job guys!! :D :D :D :D

__________________

...

Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old September 18th, 2012 (3:10 AM).
Treecko's Avatar
Treecko Treecko is offline
im back
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 5,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
Yeah... the descriptions are left over from the old style selector, and we never finished giving them all descriptions. I'll work on that another night.

Same with the creator names. They all say "PokeCommunity" by default, and I only did a page or two of adding in the right names. A lot of styles still need to be updated for that.

Ah ok.Then I really don't see any bugs or problems. Once again, a really nice job.

__________________

im back

Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old September 18th, 2012 (5:17 AM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel Squirrel is offline

D-I-N-O-S-A

  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 9,512

Love the new style selector, especially the 'featured styles' box. One thing which could be good is if each style had usage statistics next to it? So if you see a lot of people are using x theme then you know it's worth trying out, plus it'd be interesting to see. :3

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old September 18th, 2012 (5:23 AM).
Twilight Sky's Avatar
Twilight Sky Twilight Sky is offline
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 273

    Holy crap, nice job with this, guys. o_o it looks really nice...

    Reply With Quote
      #9    
    Old September 18th, 2012 (5:29 AM).
    halcyonic halcyonic is offline
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,477

    I love the new Style Selector. It's so useful & handy for me, a constant style changer & it evens show you previews of how the style would look like if you used it. Great job, hoping for more new releases >^3^'>

    Reply With Quote
      #10    
    Old September 18th, 2012 (6:52 AM). Edited September 18th, 2012 by Patchisou Yutohru.
    Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
    Patchisou Yutohru Patchisou Yutohru is offline
    • Developer
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Oct 2004
    Location: New Jersey
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 17,266

    In case you need the credits for some of them...

    Chromatic was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
    Dawn of Champions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
    Style'd! was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
    PokeBok was created by Requility.
    Simple was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
    Nimbasa's Shining Beauty was created by Morkula and Abnegation.
    Stunfisk'd was created by Kipp and Requility.
    New Directions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
    The Top Dog was created by Requility.
    Snivy's Holiday was created by Abnegation.
    The Stand Nexus was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
    PokéCommunity Black Version was created by Rukario.
    Flames of Simplicity was created by Abnegation.
    Generation InVerse was created by Forgotten Memory.
    Unova's Violet Masquerade was created by Requility.
    slooooowpooooke was created by Lightning.
    The Johto Elite was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
    Dimensional Rift was created by Gerri Shin.
    Begin, Again was created by Forgotten Memory.
    Time and Space was created by parallelzero.
    Generation2 was created by Forgotten Memory.
    Sweet Kisses was created by Matthew.
    Route 167 was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
    The Pokéthletes was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
    Pichu2 was created by Matthew
    Sinnoh Springs was created by Forgotten Memory.
    The Golden Girl was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
    Final Resistance was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
    Pawlicious was created by Color Me Evil and Forgotten Memory (but he went by Danja when he made it.)
    Ampharos' Starry Night was created by Forgotten Memory.
    Bewitched was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
    Seeds of Platinum was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
    Unseen Forces was created by Matthew.
    Azure Fantasy was created by Matthew.
    <don't know anything before that>

    "Click on the name of the style to switch to it." in the description. Clicking on the style name doesn't switch it.

    Reply With Quote
      #11    
    Old September 18th, 2012 (7:29 AM).
    Meganium's Avatar
    Meganium Meganium is offline

    git gud or get r e k t

    • PokéCommunity Daily
    • Crystal Tier
    • Social Media
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Galveston, TX
    Age: 26
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 17,030

    Really impressed with the new style switcher. The larger images gives me an in-depth look at the styles before I decide to switch to one. Great job, guys!

    Also, I wanted to point this out: I wanted to try out the Style'd style, but I keep getting redirected to the default style (Nimbasa's Shining Beauty). I remember using this style as a mod back then so I assume the style is exclusively for staff+?

    __________________


    discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier.

    Reply With Quote
      #12    
    Old September 18th, 2012 (7:32 AM).
    droomph's Avatar
    droomph droomph is offline

    weeb

    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: nowhere spectacular
    Age: 20
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 4,291

    Dno if this is related to this bu I can't find the mobile skin and tbh that's the only way my iPod cooperates with PC.

    __________________

    did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
    o i forgot 5
    uraqt

    Reply With Quote
      #13    
    Old September 18th, 2012 (8:48 AM).
    Sheep's Avatar
    Sheep Sheep is offline
    Puwa Puwa
    • Administrator
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 26
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Bashful
    Posts: 21,653

    This is great! Now I won't be clicking through each style to get an idea of what it looks like XD; As someone who likes to change styles every so often, I really appreciate this change. n_n

    __________________


    . pair family twin mal lv llsif .

    Reply With Quote
      #14    
    Old September 18th, 2012 (12:04 PM).
    Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
    Mr Cat Dog Mr Cat Dog is offline
    Frasier says it best
       
      Join Date: Apr 2004
      Location: London, UK
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 11,411

      Is there any way to permanently close the 'featured styles' box at the bottom of the forum index? I keep closing it every time I traverse through the main page, but every time I come back it pops open again! It's only a little thing, admittedly...

      The aesthetic design of the new Style Selector is really nice, though.

      __________________

      Reply With Quote
        #15    
      Old September 18th, 2012 (3:10 PM).
      WillPowerPedro's Avatar
      WillPowerPedro WillPowerPedro is offline
      https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
         
        Join Date: May 2009
        Age: 17
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 265

        Definitely an improvement! Thank you! Good job! But, it doesn't matter that much to me because I am using the "sloooooowpoke" style forever! XD

        __________________

        ~

        Reply With Quote
          #16    
        Old September 18th, 2012 (3:47 PM).
        Bebop's Avatar
        Bebop Bebop is offline
        you're a nut you're crazy in the coconut
        • Administrator
        • Crystal Tier
        • Discord Moderoid
        • Developer
         
        Join Date: May 2005
        Age: 26
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 11,158

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
        Is there any way to permanently close the 'featured styles' box at the bottom of the forum index? I keep closing it every time I traverse through the main page, but every time I come back it pops open again! It's only a little thing, admittedly...

        The aesthetic design of the new Style Selector is really nice, though.

        Oi, that's weird. It's cookie-based like the categories, so it should keep your settings when you visit a different page. O.o

        I'll look at the code and make sure I didn't typo somewhere later, haha. It happens. :x

        __________________

        cosmos without hatred, diamond stars of cosmic light, quasars shine through endless nights

        Reply With Quote
          #17    
        Old September 18th, 2012 (5:19 PM).
        bobandbill's Avatar
        bobandbill bobandbill is offline
        shake that booty
        • Administrator
        • PokéCommunity Daily
        • Discord Moderoid
         
        Join Date: Mar 2008
        Location: Central Coast - Australia
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 13,178

        ^ Yeah, I had the same deal as well, and across different browsers as well. It's a neat feature but one I'd rather keep closed/minimised for the times I am content with the current style.

        __________________

        Reply With Quote
          #18    
        Old September 20th, 2012 (4:42 PM).
        Bebop's Avatar
        Bebop Bebop is offline
        you're a nut you're crazy in the coconut
        • Administrator
        • Crystal Tier
        • Discord Moderoid
        • Developer
         
        Join Date: May 2005
        Age: 26
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 11,158

        Okay, I fixed the issue on the collapse not working. It'll be just like forum categories now. If you collapse one, it'll stay collapsed until you log out or you switch to another browser/lose your cookies.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
        In case you need the credits for some of them...

        Chromatic was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
        Dawn of Champions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
        Style'd! was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
        PokeBok was created by Requility.
        Simple was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
        Nimbasa's Shining Beauty was created by Morkula and Abnegation.
        Stunfisk'd was created by Kipp and Requility.
        New Directions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
        The Top Dog was created by Requility.
        Snivy's Holiday was created by Abnegation.
        The Stand Nexus was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
        PokéCommunity Black Version was created by Rukario.
        Flames of Simplicity was created by Abnegation.
        Generation InVerse was created by Forgotten Memory.
        Unova's Violet Masquerade was created by Requility.
        slooooowpooooke was created by Lightning.
        The Johto Elite was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
        Dimensional Rift was created by Gerri Shin.
        Begin, Again was created by Forgotten Memory.
        Time and Space was created by parallelzero.
        Generation2 was created by Forgotten Memory.
        Sweet Kisses was created by Matthew.
        Route 167 was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
        The Pokéthletes was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
        Pichu2 was created by Matthew
        Sinnoh Springs was created by Forgotten Memory.
        The Golden Girl was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
        Final Resistance was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
        Pawlicious was created by Color Me Evil and Forgotten Memory (but he went by Danja when he made it.)
        Ampharos' Starry Night was created by Forgotten Memory.
        Bewitched was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
        Seeds of Platinum was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
        Unseen Forces was created by Matthew.
        Azure Fantasy was created by Matthew.
        <don't know anything before that>

        "Click on the name of the style to switch to it." in the description. Clicking on the style name doesn't switch it.

        Oops, I missed this the first time. Thanks for that list, Nick. 8) I'll update some of those when I get home.

        Also a big public-thanks to Nica for doing more than half of the screenshots for the styles. <3 :]

        __________________

        cosmos without hatred, diamond stars of cosmic light, quasars shine through endless nights

        Reply With Quote
          #19    
        Old September 29th, 2012 (5:45 AM).
        Cosmotone8 Cosmotone8 is offline
        silhouette of the past
           
          Join Date: Jan 2012
          Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 1,787

          Um, whenever I click on the Begin Again style, it doesn't work and sends me back to the standard Nimbasa theme with Emolga and Elesa. I'm not using the style, but just thought I'd point it out.

          __________________

          I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
          Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
          I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
          But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
          So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

          Reply With Quote
            #20    
          Old September 29th, 2012 (5:29 PM). Edited September 29th, 2012 by gunnerpow7.
          gunnerpow7's Avatar
          gunnerpow7 gunnerpow7 is offline
          ☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Dec 2010
          Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
          Age: 19
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 620

          I just wanted to point out that whenever I click on that link, it shows up as a page with a header and no styles to choose from.... :/

          Here's a sample image...

          Spoiler:

          __________________

          キレイハナ
          When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.

          PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

          gunnerpow7

          ☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆

          Reply With Quote
            #21    
          Old September 29th, 2012 (5:52 PM).
          Incineroar's Avatar
          Incineroar Incineroar is offline

          the spirit of the fighter

          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • Developer
           
          Join Date: May 2009
          Location: Iki Town
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 13,492

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
          Um, whenever I click on the Begin Again style, it doesn't work and sends me back to the standard Nimbasa theme with Emolga and Elesa. I'm not using the style, but just thought I'd point it out.

          By the looks of it, Begin, Again is a supporter+ theme.

          __________________

          Reply With Quote
            #22    
          Old September 29th, 2012 (6:19 PM). Edited September 29th, 2012 by droomph.
          droomph's Avatar
          droomph droomph is offline

          weeb

          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2011
          Location: nowhere spectacular
          Age: 20
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Impish
          Posts: 4,291

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
          By the looks of it, Begin, Again is a supporter+ theme.

          If it so is, why can he see it? That's kinda mean imo

          __________________

          did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
          o i forgot 5
          uraqt

          Reply With Quote
            #23    
          Old September 29th, 2012 (6:43 PM).
          Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
          Patchisou Yutohru Patchisou Yutohru is offline
          • Developer
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Oct 2004
          Location: New Jersey
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 17,266

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by droomph View Post
          If it so is, why can he see it? That's kinda mean imo
          The same reason it shows Style'd, even though that's only a staff style. I guess it shows all the styles that aren't active (meaning restricted to only admins with the core code of vBulletin).

          Reply With Quote
            #24    
          Old September 29th, 2012 (6:58 PM).
          Incineroar's Avatar
          Incineroar Incineroar is offline

          the spirit of the fighter

          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • Developer
           
          Join Date: May 2009
          Location: Iki Town
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 13,492

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
          The same reason it shows Style'd, even though that's only a staff style. I guess it shows all the styles that aren't active (meaning restricted to only admins with the core code of vBulletin).

          Oh, there's even staff-only styles too? The more you know.

          I remember this issue appearing quite some time ago. Looks like it's coming back again.

          __________________

          Reply With Quote
            #25    
          Old September 30th, 2012 (2:49 PM).
          Cosmotone8 Cosmotone8 is offline
          silhouette of the past
             
            Join Date: Jan 2012
            Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 1,787

            Oh alright. Didn't know that it was for supporters. Not using it, so not a major issue.

            __________________

            I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
            Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
            I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
            But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
            So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

            Reply With Quote
            Reply
            Quick Reply

            Sponsored Links
            Thread Tools

            Posting Rules
            You may not post new threads
            You may not post replies
            You may not post attachments
            You may not edit your posts

            BB code is On
            Smilies are On
            [IMG] code is On
            HTML code is Off

            Forum Jump


            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:24 AM.