• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword Art Online Fan Club

Years
I'm pretty sure they can't just turn the power off because I remember the professor dude saying that the microwaves would be emitted if that happened.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
That's actually a really good point xD I wonder what happened to the guy who created it? Surely he must've been tortured or something by now to the extent where he'd have to turn off the game or disconnect them o.o If they just turned the nation's power off for a few minutes wouldn't that let everyone disconnect? :s I dunno, I agree that it's odd though xD

Probably Kayaba, hid himself in the public for safety, and I think he'll be the final boss of the game... :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Probably Kayaba, hid himself in the public for safety, and I think he'll be the final boss of the game... :)
... mind blown. That's an amazing idea, I didn't think he'd show up again at all but it would be very interesting! I bet he's actually in the game himself, that way he'd never be arrested or killed since he'd be connected to the Nerve Gear and if they disconnected him, he'd die and never be able to stop the game :o If this is true then I really hope he is a boss or something and he's just a really kickass player that they have to fight. Him solo'ing against Kirito would be a very epic showdown! Although I can't imagine him playing fairly without editing the game's mechanics or something like he did at the start >.>

So I have Blade's permission to start a new topic! I'm wondering if you guys would want to live in Aincrad? If the Nerve Gear was real and you knew that if you played this game you wouldn't be able to get out without completing it, would you play it? You can answer either ignoring the "dying in game = dying in reality" thing or including it, or maybe answer both! It'd be a lot of time lost from the real world, but the experiences in the game could be just as valuable as those in real life based on Kirito and Asuna's relationship. So would you play it?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
*gets yelled at, joins club*

Lets get started!
So the nerve gear will kill the person by frying their brain if it is removed or power to it is lost completely. It has a battery in it incase of power outtages that will keep it going for a while but if power isnt restored the person will die. Im pretty sure thats how it was explain but I cant really remember it was like 11 weeks ago now >.>

Kayaba probably has it set up so no matter what happens to him the game has to be completed how he wants it to be for them to be able to escape from it, failure to do so will result in failure for them to escape the game. Im pretty sure hes way to smart to get caught as well so hes probably got himself hidden away somewhere so no one can stop him. Also I think he will be the last boss as well.

About living in Aincrad, it would all depend on how my life in the real world was like. Personally I would prefer to get trapped in it without knowing that going into it would result in me getting trapped there until it is completed, at least I wouldnt really be able to regret my decision that way.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
... mind blown. That's an amazing idea, I didn't think he'd show up again at all but it would be very interesting! I bet he's actually in the game himself, that way he'd never be arrested or killed since he'd be connected to the Nerve Gear and if they disconnected him, he'd die and never be able to stop the game :o If this is true then I really hope he is a boss or something and he's just a really kickass player that they have to fight. Him solo'ing against Kirito would be a very epic showdown! Although I can't imagine him playing fairly without editing the game's mechanics or something like he did at the start >.>

So I have Blade's permission to start a new topic! I'm wondering if you guys would want to live in Aincrad? If the Nerve Gear was real and you knew that if you played this game you wouldn't be able to get out without completing it, would you play it? You can answer either ignoring the "dying in game = dying in reality" thing or including it, or maybe answer both! It'd be a lot of time lost from the real world, but the experiences in the game could be just as valuable as those in real life based on Kirito and Asuna's relationship. So would you play it?

Yeah, maybe Kayaba can manipulate it, but doesn't that mean if he's in the game he's practically using a nerve gear as well so maybe he's trapped somewhere in the game...

But, I think for him to be the creator he should have made a custom nerve gear for his use only that can logout and manipulate things in Aincrad... :)

And about living in Aincrad...

I love my families and friends to risk my life going there... xD
But, if it doesn't include dying when you die, and the inability to logout in the game, definitely 100% sure that I'll love to live in Aincrad! :)

Anyways just finished watching episode 11 and I say it was great! Kirito and Asuna look good as a couple and I think Yui looks kinda like Idk, Kirito and Asuna's daughter, just look at the face Asuna's, Hair Kirito's, Eye Color, Kirito's, Eye shape Asuna's, and Cuteness Asuna's... xD

And I'm just wondering, Why is Netto Azure not here? xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
HI there~ After I've finally caught up with the series, I want to join as well if you don't mind. :3

Username: Miss Doronjo

Who is your favourite character?
It's a little tough to say - almost all the characters in the show are pretty cool in their own way. Like, as everyone said, Kirito, being the little badass that he is, but also showing a goofy, yet naive side to him sometimes; he's pretty awesome! Lisbeth is also pretty cool; she's pretty nice, and kind of quirky - she was cute in the episode where she created Dark Repulser for Kirito too. :3

I'm wondering if you guys would want to live in Aincrad?
I dunno, it depends. There's a lot of things in Aincrad that you can't do in real life, like marrying young, being a young age like 15 where you can live alone, etc. That and the obvious monster busting. (And cooking is a cinch when mastered ^^)

Buuuut it's way more dangerous in Aincrad where if you die there, you'd die in real life, and there are more chances that you can die outside the rural places, which there's a greater chance that you'd die at a young age. @_@ Plus at the same time, there are things you can do at the real world that you can't do in Aincrad. So, for me, It's sort of fifty-fifty.

Anyway, away from that, I watched episode 11:

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@Tsuitc: Awesome, you're a SAO fanatic now. Watch them all and catch up! :D

@tajaros and AlexOzzyCake: Oh my lord that sounds amazing. :O If he's the final boss, he probably has 9999 HP and well ldldfdfg this story should have a happy ending. :(

@CWP: True, but if by 2020 they could design this thing, there could~ be a way to hack it. SAO caught the media's attention. Just wondering what's going on in the real world. i am a boring person

@Miss Doronjo: I LOVE YOUR LISBETH SIG. I'm pretty much right with you there on my response to the topic.

I wouldn't play it if I knew that I couldn't log out until I beat it. I can't beat a video game in one sitting several years. The odds are against me in many ways. It requires way too much time of my life, even if virtual lives are fun and convenient. That cooking! D;

Episode 11...
Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Mmm, actually, I think cooking in Aincrad will be far less stressful, but albeit... a bit boring imo, because you'd have to spend the majority of your time reading recipes more than cooking. When it -is- time to cook, it'll only take a few seconds. I dunno, I guess I'm one of those people who tend to enjoy preparing a meal more than actually eating it. ;-;

Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Is anyone else wondering why she seems to be the only glitch after 2 years? Don't you think that there should have been a few more glitches popping up other then just one?
Its such a huge game it must have been hard to make sure nothing was messing up..

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Is anyone else wondering why she seems to be the only glitch after 2 years? Don't you think that there should have been a few more glitches popping up other then just one?
Its such a huge game it must have been hard to make sure nothing was messing up..

Yeah, but I think the majority of glitches were fixed prior to the beta testing of the game already. Or maybe they were fixed during the span of the last two years (which was off-screen I guess?) But yeah, it'd be kind of hard to maintain one, huge game without, I dunno, some sort of 'clean up' program.. or something. So maybe there are still some glitches out there.

Years
I never go to OC so I didn't see this. Otherwise I'd have made this months ago. Didn't think there was demand for pne lol.

Username: Netto Azure

Fave characters: That aside I try to be a little unique with my fave characters so my current ones are Recon and Sinon if u guys got past the SAO arc.

Live in Aincrad?: Nah I like having both RL and Net life. I'll wait for ALO instead :3

Kayaba theory: Hehehehehe ;D

Glitches: There's an advanced maintainance program called Cardinal that fixes glitches and regulates mob spawns to prevent exploits. The game is fair in that way.

Years
Okay so I'm officially caught up *cheers*
Spoiler:

Sure why not but I would want to have the freedom to log out and live my normal life and it's scary how Kirito has had a few near death moments :/ so Yes if I could log out. No if I had to stay until I died or beat the game which probably wouldn't happen with me playing lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I don't think she's a glitch, I think she's a ghost or something designed to lure them in and earn their trust then attack them when they don't expect it; something like that. The whole possession-esque thing that happened at the end of the last episode was scary though! When she suddenly jerks her head round and srgjhdslghdsflg *cries* That does kind of make me doubt that she's meant to be in the game but... I dunno. Considering Asuna saw a ghost like Kirito was describing and the forest is supposed to be full of ghosts like that, I really wouldn't be surprised if she was just a ghost and she's playing along or something.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
This is a spoiler!

Don't Click this if you don't wan't to be spoiled! :pirate:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
This is a spoiler!

Spoiler:

Go read the Light Novels from Baka-Tsuki. It's way more fun than reading summary spoilers.

Still to answer your question...
Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I don't think she's a glitch, I think she's a ghost or something designed to lure them in and earn their trust then attack them when they don't expect it; something like that. The whole possession-esque thing that happened at the end of the last episode was scary though! When she suddenly jerks her head round and srgjhdslghdsflg *cries* That does kind of make me doubt that she's meant to be in the game but... I dunno. Considering Asuna saw a ghost like Kirito was describing and the forest is supposed to be full of ghosts like that, I really wouldn't be surprised if she was just a ghost and she's playing along or something.

I wonder how ghosts came to be in the virtual world. Well... they're ghosts with unearthly powers, buuuut... it seems weird to me. Does it mean that ghosts can pass through between the real and virtual world at will?

Years
Oh God.I loveee this light!! *O*

Username: Annay

Who is your favorite character?hm...very hard this question...I love Kirito...but i prefer Asuna!she is very sweet and strong at the same time.
(I liked the image of the topic)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
This is a spoiler!

Spoiler:

KLDJGLJDF WHY DID I READ THIS. ;; Well that's the ending spoilt for me :D But I must say now that I know this, it does make a fair amount of sense. I won't say more because spoilers but yeah, I'm not entirely surprised :p

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Why drop massive spoilers like that!! Thats harsh bro! Harsh to us all!

I dont really understand what Yui is but I dont think she can really be anything other then a player, maybe her unique skill hides her stuff!

Back