Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 23rd, 2012 (6:18 AM).
thedudemister's Avatar
thedudemister thedudemister is offline
Pokemon: New Order
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Posts: 84
    There are three things I would like to do but don't know where to make edits.

    Where do I make it so that the HP bar subtracts all the damage done at once when damage is done?

    Where can I make the Exp increase faster?

    Is it possible to show on the Pokemon in battle the amount of damage that was done?

    Thank you,
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old September 23rd, 2012 (9:32 AM).
    FL's Avatar
    FL FL is offline
    Pokémon Island Creator
       
      Join Date: Sep 2010
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,719
      1,2-In PokeBattle_ActualScene change
      Code:
          if @animatingHP
            if @currenthp<@endhp
              @currenthp+=1
            elsif @currenthp>@endhp
              @currenthp-=1
            end
            refresh
            @animatingHP=false if @[email protected]
          end
          if @animatingEXP
            if [email protected]
              @[email protected]
            elsif @currentexp<@endexp
              @currentexp+=1
            elsif @currentexp>@endexp
              @currentexp-=1
            end
            refresh
            if @[email protected]
              if @currentexp==PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGESIZE
      to
      Code:
        hpspeed=4 # hp speed here, put 1000 for instantaneous
        if @animatingHP
         if @currenthp<@endhp
          if(@[email protected]@endhp
          if(@[email protected]@endexp
          @currentexp-=expspeed
         end
         refresh
         if @currentexp>[email protected]
          if @currentexp>=PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGESIZE
      3-Yes, use @currenthp minus @endhp.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old September 23rd, 2012 (1:41 PM).
      thedudemister's Avatar
      thedudemister thedudemister is offline
      Pokemon: New Order
         
        Join Date: Nov 2008
        Posts: 84
        Thank you very much. I got the code to work and hp bar subtracts instantly and the exp bar is nice and fast. I am just having trouble with the last one, where do I put "@currenthp minus @endhp"?

        Thank you,
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old September 24th, 2012 (2:14 AM). Edited September 24th, 2012 by TACHAN.
        TACHAN TACHAN is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2010
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 198
          I have tested it.
          After defeating a wild Pokemon this message appears:

          ---------------------------
          TEST GAME
          ---------------------------
          Exception: NameError
          Message: undefined local variable or method `expspeed' for #
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old September 24th, 2012 (4:20 AM).
          thedudemister's Avatar
          thedudemister thedudemister is offline
          Pokemon: New Order
             
            Join Date: Nov 2008
            Posts: 84
            [QUOTE=TACHAN;7350748]I have tested it.
            After defeating a wild Pokemon this message appears:

            ---------------------------
            TEST GAME
            ---------------------------
            Exception: NameError
            Message: undefined local variable or method `expspeed' for #
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old September 26th, 2012 (4:31 AM).
            FL's Avatar
            FL FL is offline
            Pokémon Island Creator
               
              Join Date: Sep 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,719
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by thedudemister View Post
              I got that too at first, you need to put a value here
              "expspeed # exp speed here"

              like this

              expspeed=10 #exp speed here.

              It should work now.

              I am still unable to figure out where to put this @currenthp minus @endhp?
              I can't believe that I forget the number in expspeed XD! I recommend to use 4.

              I found a easier way to display the damage, in PokeBattle_Move, after line 'def pbEffectMessages(opponent)' add:
              Code:
                  if(opponent.damagestate.calcdamage>0) #test
                    @battle.pbDisplayBrief(_INTL("{1} damage!",opponent.damagestate.calcdamage))
                  end
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #7    
              Old September 26th, 2012 (6:17 AM).
              thedudemister's Avatar
              thedudemister thedudemister is offline
              Pokemon: New Order
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2008
                Posts: 84
                Quote:
                I found a easier way to display the damage, in PokeBattle_Move, after line 'def pbEffectMessages(opponent)' add:
                Code:
                    if(opponent.damagestate.calcdamage>0) #test
                      @battle.pbDisplayBrief(_INTL("{1} damage!",opponent.damagestate.calcdamage))
                    end
                Thank you. It is working but is there a way to move the damage amount to show on top of the Pokemon's sprite instead of in the message section?

                Thanks,
                Reply With Quote
                  #8    
                Old September 30th, 2012 (11:25 AM).
                FL's Avatar
                FL FL is offline
                Pokémon Island Creator
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1,719
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thedudemister View Post
                  Thank you. It is working but is there a way to move the damage amount to show on top of the Pokemon's sprite instead of in the message section?

                  Thanks,
                  Make the damage pop up from pokémon sprite in parallel that battle run? You need to edit several parts to do this right and start the animation and stop it in right time.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #9    
                  Old September 30th, 2012 (3:00 PM).
                  thedudemister's Avatar
                  thedudemister thedudemister is offline
                  Pokemon: New Order
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                    Posts: 84
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by FL . View Post
                    Make the damage pop up from pokémon sprite in parallel that battle run? You need to edit several parts to do this right and start the animation and stop it in right time.
                    Yes. So I guess its a lot of work then, could you maybe direct me to some kind of tutorial where I may be able to figure out how to do it? I tried searching for a tutorial on how to write scripts but have had no luck so far. I am looking for something like the websites that show you had to do CSS or html. All I have been able to figure out so far is basic editing like moving things and changing some text.

                    Thanks,
                    Reply With Quote
                      #10    
                    Old September 30th, 2012 (6:53 PM).
                    IceGod64's Avatar
                    IceGod64 IceGod64 is offline
                    In the Lost & Found bin!
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2008
                      Location: Castelia City
                      Age: 29
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 623
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FL . View Post
                      1,2-In PokeBattle_ActualScene change
                      Code:
                          if @animatingHP
                            if @currenthp<@endhp
                              @currenthp+=1
                            elsif @currenthp>@endhp
                              @currenthp-=1
                            end
                            refresh
                            @animatingHP=false if @[email protected]
                          end
                          if @animatingEXP
                            if [email protected]
                              @[email protected]
                            elsif @currentexp<@endexp
                              @currentexp+=1
                            elsif @currentexp>@endexp
                              @currentexp-=1
                            end
                            refresh
                            if @[email protected]
                              if @currentexp==PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGESIZE
                      to
                      Code:
                        hpspeed=4 # hp speed here, put 1000 for instantaneous
                        if @animatingHP
                         if @currenthp<@endhp
                          if(@[email protected]@endhp
                          if(@[email protected]@endexp
                          @currentexp-=expspeed
                         end
                         refresh
                         if @currentexp>[email protected]
                          if @currentexp>=PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGESIZE
                      3-Yes, use @currenthp minus @endhp.
                      Um.... What?

                      Would'nt it be more efficient to just change
                      Code:
                      if @animatingHP
                            if @currenthp<@endhp
                              @currenthp+=1
                            elsif @currenthp>@endhp
                              @currenthp-=1
                            end
                            refresh
                            @animatingHP=false if @[email protected]
                          end
                      to

                      Code:
                      if @animatingHP
                            @currenthp = @endhp
                            @animatingHP=false
                          end
                      __________________

                      Reply With Quote
                        #11    
                      Old October 3rd, 2012 (5:34 AM).
                      FL's Avatar
                      FL FL is offline
                      Pokémon Island Creator
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,719
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by thedudemister View Post
                        Yes. So I guess its a lot of work then, could you maybe direct me to some kind of tutorial where I may be able to figure out how to do it? I tried searching for a tutorial on how to write scripts but have had no luck so far. I am looking for something like the websites that show you had to do CSS or html. All I have been able to figure out so far is basic editing like moving things and changing some text.

                        Thanks,
                        You probably need to create a variable to put the damage number and put a update method in 'def pbGraphicsUpdate', something like:
                        Code:
                        if @damagenumber!=0
                          do animation
                          @damagenumber=0 if animation ended
                        end
                        I made a guide that show how simple scenes works in essentials http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286554. I can't link here to others forums, so I can't post links to RGSS tutorials. Try to find on google. Note that to you make this damage pop up effect you needs a certain experience with programming.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by IceGod64 View Post
                        Um.... What?

                        Would'nt it be more efficient to just change
                        Code:
                        if @animatingHP
                              if @currenthp<@endhp
                                @currenthp+=1
                              elsif @currenthp>@endhp
                                @currenthp-=1
                              end
                              refresh
                              @animatingHP=false if @[email protected]
                            end
                        to

                        Code:
                        if @animatingHP
                              @currenthp = @endhp
                              @animatingHP=false
                            end
                        For question 1: Yes! I only pasted a code that I made to my game a long time ago to HP bar speeds up.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #12    
                        Old October 3rd, 2012 (12:06 PM).
                        thedudemister's Avatar
                        thedudemister thedudemister is offline
                        Pokemon: New Order
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2008
                          Posts: 84
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by FL . View Post
                          You probably need to create a variable to put the damage number and put a update method in 'def pbGraphicsUpdate', something like:
                          Code:
                          if @damagenumber!=0
                            do animation
                            @damagenumber=0 if animation ended
                          end
                          I made a guide that show how simple scenes works in essentials http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286554. I can't link here to others forums, so I can't post links to RGSS tutorials. Try to find on google. Note that to you make this damage pop up effect you needs a certain experience with programming.

                          For question 1: Yes! I only pasted a code that I made to my game a long time ago to HP bar speeds up.
                          Well maybe in the future I will do it. As of now I have no idea where I would start or what to do. I did a Google search for the tutorial found some right away. I wasn't sure what the coding was called so that why I could not find any before.

                          I am curious would it be more simple to have the damage show on the HP bar? For example: The bar would shake and show the damage that was done.

                          Thanks,
                          __________________
                          My deviantART: http://dasdoodmeister.deviantart.com/
                          Pokemon New Order: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289465
                          Web Store: http://www.schobookcollectibles.com/
                          Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Schobook-Collectibles
                          Reply With Quote
                          Reply

                          Quick Reply

                          Join the conversation!

                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:39 PM.