• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Cornered! ~ Ace Attorney Club

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh god, don't tell me Mr. Sahwit is in the movie... D=

And yeah, Apollo's Perceiving is... pretty tough to spot in general. You'd literally have to look very carefully. @_@ [took me a while to spot Laminor's swallowing habit]

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
What is/are your favourite Ace Attorney game(s) from the series?
Trials and Tribulations
Just because the plot was sooo good that I was unable to stop playing until I finished it @,@
And maybe because of Godot..
The first game was great, but Rise from the Ashes was a bit too long for me and annoyed me in a strange way :<
Justice for All.. eh, I just hate Franziska >.<
I liked the game, but my hate for her doesn't let me think of it as my fave >..>"

Who are your favourite characters?
Godot is my all time fave <3
It's not because I think of him as veeery attractive.
Ok, maybe a bit..
But really, his personality, the coffee addiction, the looks, I just love Godot @.@

Who are your least favourite characters?
Franziska, Manfred and Dahlia.

What is your favourite truth-telling mechanic?

Well.. if:
As for favourite truth-telling mechanic, does cross-examination count?
that counts, than I HAVE to say that cross-examination XD

If not, Apollo's Bracelet.
It was something really nice, fresh and fun. I remeber spending a long time with this, I was veeery bad at it >,<"
But it was fun xD

I always disliked the Magatama, it was just the same as normal showing evidence.. just with the Magatama.
When playing Justice for All after the first game I was like "why do I have to use this? o.0".

Sadly, I hadn't played investigations, so can't say much about logic or chess ._.

Btw. Can I join? :3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, welcome to the Club!

To be honest, I didn't really like Franzy at the start of Justice for all too, until at case 4 - where she started being epic~ She's also pretty awesome in T&T and Ace attorney Investigations~ You should play that game when you have the chance. :3

PS. Yes, cross-examining does count. I've said it as a possible option after all~

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
Yeah, I may be a Maya suck-up, but cross-examination is an unbeatable classic to me, and it's honestly the most notable gameplay mechanic in Ace Attorney anyway.

... Having said that, psyche-locks will always hold a special place in my heart, and their return is a definite must for the two upcoming AA games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Oh god, don't tell me Mr. Sahwit is in the movie... D=

And yeah, Apollo's Perceiving is... pretty tough to spot in general. You'd literally have to look very carefully. @_@ [took me a while to spot Laminor's swallowing habit]
Oh god yes, Mr Sahwit is indeed in the movie, and he looks exceptionally similar to his game counterpart xD

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I think everyone in the movie bears physical resemblance to their game counterpart to the point it's almost comical in the trailers.

But I have to see it before I make judgement it will probably be awesome anyway

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
In that case, I... I shiver at what the real life April May would look like. xD (seriously, what happens when she gets to her angry face; will she look like an actual zombie??)

Well, here's another question:

Who is your favourite witness? Who do you think is the most annoying witness in the series?

Because there are a lot of witnesses out there. @-@ And yes - this includes the witnesses that became killers (you know who I'm talking about, right?)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
What is/are your favourite Ace Attorney game(s) from the series? Trials and Tribulations
Who are your favourite characters? Ron Delite! ''PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE DOOON'T IGGNOOOOORE MEEEEEEEEE!!'' C:
Who are your least favourite characters? Godot. I know he's like, something to do with Mia, but ... he's just nothing more than a Coffee addict to me.
Who is your favourite witness? Who do you think is the most annoying witness in the series? Luke Atmey. He's just epic, Zharri!

Also, I may haz join?

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Gah, please sign me up. Ace Attorney. @-@

Good to hear Ace Attorney 5 will be getting an English treatment. However, I'm kinda wondering what Capcom plans to do with Mr. Justice now.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Welcome, you two~!

I really like Ron Delite too. :3 OMG REMEMBER THAT QUOTE:

Godot: ..You did it, didn't you?
Ron: Yes.
Ron: MEAN NO! NO

I really hope there's a good part for Apollo in AA5. Maybe we get to play as him in one case! That would be awesome. :3

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
I really hope there's a good part for Apollo in AA5. Maybe we get to play as him in one case! That would be awesome. :3

That would definitely be interesting. Playing as a younger Apollo and getting a bit of his backstory would be nice. Now, have any of you seen this?
http://www.play-asia.com/Gyakuten_S...yakuten_Gya/paOS-13-71-131-49-en-70-4hc1.html

It was released earlier this year. Each track sounds clearer than the tracks from the original three soundtracks. Plus, it's a bit less than $50. This makes me smile.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Huh.. I didn't know it came as a Soundtrack CD. :3
I consider buying it if I was more fortunate with funds... but not atm. Dx

More AA5 news:

NewBitmapImage.jpg

It's going to appear in Japan's Nintendo Power.
How I miss Nintendo Power... ;-;

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I heard that they closed Nintendo Power, I never knew they were still even making it in 2012 xD
Who is your favourite witness? Who do you think is the most annoying witness in the series? That stupid news reported guy with the tie and pencil. Can't remember his name. His just sooo weird -.-

Ohh, who's that new-looking orange hair girl behind Phoenix. Maybe his new partner xD

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I heard that they closed Nintendo Power, I never knew they were still even making it in 2012 xD
Who is your favourite witness? Who do you think is the most annoying witness in the series? That stupid news reported guy with the tie and pencil. Can't remember his name. His just sooo weird -.-

Ohh, who's that new-looking orange hair girl behind Phoenix. Maybe his new partner xD

Ohhh you mean Brushel. Yeah he always has a nose for a scoop.. :x That and I fear if I meet someone like him someday, I'll die from the intoxicating smell of mint.

"Reporter has to get new perfume," end quote.

Yeah; her name is Kokone, and you meet her in case one. :3

Anyways, there's more Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton news! Actually, there's more screenshots:

img03_01.jpg

img02_02.jpg

h4_02_01.jpg

img02_01.jpg

img01_01.jpg

img03_01.jpg

img02_01.jpg

img01_02.jpg

h4_01_01.jpg

img01_01.jpg

img_about02_01.jpg

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
ahhh those are the best things I have ever seen in my life I cannot wait for those games

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I honestly don't know how to feel about the Ace Attorney v Professor Layton game. It doesn't seem like puzzles and lawyers mix well together. I mean, so long as they throw Gumshoe in it should be fine, but idk.

Also I learnt how to make gifs, and made a few from the movie, if people want to see them. I'll only post them on request since they may be a bit spoilerish, but not too much. Most of them is just Phoenix Wright eating a Steel Samurai bun, and other assorted things.

Now that I think about it, most of them aren't spoiling anything, only like one of them. xD

Favourite witnesses I don't think I answered. If Detective Gumshoe counts, add him to the list, pal, if not then I guess Luke Atmey. Something about him seems kinda cool. I mean, he sounds so professional and not like a total douchebag. Others would have to include Cough-up Queen, Lamiroir, Daryan Crescend and Jacques Portsman. I mean they're all good except a few, but these ones stick out for me.

Actually there is something I've been meaning to ask. Regarding GS5, what are some of the things you're looking for in this game? Innovative gameplay, anything about Apollo, Trucy etc.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I really want to see what happened to Maya and the Fey Clan

I'd love for there to be another Kurain Village Case. Hopefully Pearl slaps someone again :) .

Oh, and some movie gifs would be lovely

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
I honestly don't know how to feel about the Ace Attorney v Professor Layton game. It doesn't seem like puzzles and lawyers mix well together.

Now that I think about it, they're really going to need to make sure that these two different styles of gameplay will blend well together. Regardless, I'm still hoping (wishing) for a future English release, if it hasn't been announced yet.

Impo said:
I really want to see what happened to Maya and the Fey Clan

I agree. They should throw Maya in somewhere in the game. Regardless of what some may say about her, I found her to be a likable character.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Welcome, you two~!

I really like Ron Delite too. :3 OMG REMEMBER THAT QUOTE:

Godot: ..You did it, didn't you?
Ron: Yes.
Ron: MEAN NO! NO

Judge: For a moment, that would of became the shortest trail ever!

Back