• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

THE LAND OF THE MAPLE LEAF

A Club for Any and All Canadians!

canada%20banner.jpg

Rules:

• Follow all PC rules!
  • Respect all members
  • Try to stay on topic
  • No spamming or trolling please.
  • Have fun!

How to Join:

Fill out this sign up sheet to join. Keep in mind that you must have some relation to Canada to join!
Example said:
Username: Exampler
Relation to Canada: I lived in Toronto for a couple years.
Favourite Province: Ontario
Reason for Joining (optional): I felt like it.​
Its that simple. Here's my form.
Username: Cosmotone8
Relation to Canada: Spent the first few years of my life in Canada, as well as having family that still lives there and siblings that were born there.
Favourite Province: Ontario, seeing as that is where I lived.
Reason for Joining (optional): Well, its kinda hard to make a club yet not join it. :P
Also, here is a userbar for the club.
Canada%20Userbar.png

Put it in your sig via copy and paste! :)
HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289612"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77664354/Canada%20Userbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

Member List:

The member list is divided up into provinces, just so that people can get an idea where everyone lives/used to live. More provinces will be added as the member list expands.

Ontario

Cosmotone8 - Owner of Club
Kura
Scruffington
Clacla
TRIFORCE89
pokemanmdj

Quebec

LilJz123

Nova Scotia

Lightning
Destructor
Catalyst

British Columbia

Brendino
jerichob10
Daedalus

Alberta

FrozenWeaver
Team Fail

Saskatchewan

St33lDr4g0n

Newfoundland

Alakazam17

Feel free to hop right into the discussion after posting your sign-up form!

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
YAYA I'd like to join!

Username: Kura
Relation to Canada: Born and lived in Toronto for 22 years~ Now I live in the UK on my own \o/!
Favorite Province: Ontario
Reason for Joining (optional): Showing my Canadian Maple-syrupy pride!

Usually my parents do a big dinner and everything for thanksgiving! My mom makes the best turkey stuffing! This year, like my signup thing said, I was in the UK so I didn't really celebrate.
I made myself a pizza though! Though I only ate 1/4th of it alongside some tomato soup! *pats belly* :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz1234
Relation to Canada: Born in Montreal, still living in it, and not planning to move from here :)
Favorite Province: Quebec
Reason for Joining (optional): Wanna meet more of Canadian PokeFellows :)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Welcome to the club both of you! :) I've actually never been to Quebec tbh, but I've heard a lot of great things about it. As for Canadian Thanksgiving, there were 41 people here Sunday night xD. We still have a ton of leftovers to keep us busy for a while too.

Last edited:

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Username: Jerichob10 (call me jericho or jeri)
Relation to Canada: Lived in BC for a while. Then i moved to calgary, Then i moved back to BC
Favorite Province: BC
Reason for Joining (optional): Cuz im cool like that ^_^

Years
Username: Scruffington
Relation to Canada: I was born in Nashville, Tennessee, in the USA. But I moved here to Canada at only a few months old, and have lived here for all 18 years of my life. :)
Favorite Province: Uhhh..well, I've only ever been to Ontario, so I guess it'd have to be that. But BC actually seems way better. Based off of what I've seen and heard, at least. >.>
Reason for Joining (optional): I'm Canadian. And I want to chill with other Canucks.

Years
Username: Brendino
Relation to Canada: I've lived in Canada my entire life, and on one side of my family, I think I'm a 6th or 7th generation Canadian.
Favorite Province: British Columbia
Reason for Joining (optional): I'm Canadian, eh, so I had to check out what this club was all aboot.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Who here has ever tried proper poutine or montreal smoked ham sandwich?

I like the former (who doesnt like fries, cheese, and gravy) but the latter can be a bit spicy because they always put peppercorn sauce on the outside when I try it!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Username: Lightning (but call me Erica :3)
Relation to Canada: Very much Canadian in background (part-Métis, a little ways back!). Born in Toronto, lived in Edmonton from ages 2-6, Vancouver at 7 (we brought the snow from Edmonton with us... Vancouver got its largest record snowfall in like 40 years the one year we were there lmao), Halifax from 8-12, Toronto from 13-18, and I've mostly lived in Waterloo, ON from age 19 on.
Favorite Province: I really love living in Ontario, but I think my favourite province was Nova Scotia. It was so beautiful. Haven't been back there in years though. :(

Thanksgiving at my house last week was great. <3 We had lobster one night since we've done that every year since we moved to Nova Scotia and on Thanksgiving Monday we had an early lunch of cornish hens which are kind of like individual turkeys. Wish we'd had it later but my brother had to catch his flight back to Ottawa. I don't really do big meals early in the day so I kind of missed out on a lot of it because I was full so quickly. :'(

I like the former (who doesnt like fries, cheese, and gravy) but the latter can be a bit spicy because they always put peppercorn sauce on the outside when I try it!
I... actually don't like either of those! I'm not a fan of cheese which is why poutine is almost always a miss for me (although occasionally I'm good with it). Also don't like ham or smoked foods so... ;_;

My favourite Canadian foods are usually just treats and candy. Like butter tarts or Beavertails or nanaimo bars, etc. Or frozen maple syrup candy, although I'm not actually a fan of maple syrup normally? /bad Canadian

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years

Omg i love proper poutine, it is soo yummy, and is one of my favorite snack time foods!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Welcome all new members! :3
My favourite Canadian foods are usually just treats and candy. Like butter tarts or Beavertails or nanaimo bars, etc. Or frozen maple syrup candy, although I'm not actually a fan of maple syrup normally? /bad Canadian
I love Canadian candy sooo much. xD Especially all the stuff that you can't get here in the states, like Aero and Caramilk. They're my two favorite candies, and you can't even get them here, which is why I get like a Jumbo Sized pack every time I go up to see family in Ontario.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I understand why not alot of people like poutine =P
Because when i travelled around USA and Canada, the poutine tasted horrible compared to the ones we have here in Quebec^^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Username: Frostweaver

Relation to Canada: I lived in a freezer Edmonton. I currently attend the University of Alberta. West Edmonton Mall not exactly as interesting as it may sound (it's more of the same old same old... not that much to do there to be honest.)

Favorite Province: Alberta, probably cause I'm mostly here all my life within Canada. Moved here from asia since like grade 3 and is here since. Strangely enough, I only visited Toronto exactly once all this time XD;

Reason for Joining: Just cause =P

Poutine actually taste pretty decently but considering the health factors related to it, it's not exactly worth it to me XD;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I still harbour a bit of resentment towards West Edmonton Mall since when I moved away from Edmonton, I was still way too short to ride any of the good roller coasters in the theme park. :'(

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
It's obviously time for a visit then this Christmas. I'll even pick you up from the airport =P It's not a bad park to play there once in the mall, but if you live there then it does grow to be boring unless there's friends/relatives who are coming along XD;

I should take a *proper* visit to Toronto honestly and visit people around there someday...

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Username: Frostweaver

Relation to Canada: I lived in a freezer Edmonton. I currently attend the University of Alberta. West Edmonton Mall not exactly as interesting as it may sound (it's more of the same old same old... not that much to do there to be honest.)

Favorite Province: Alberta, probably cause I'm mostly here all my life within Canada. Moved here from asia since like grade 3 and is here since. Strangely enough, I only visited Toronto exactly once all this time XD;

Reason for Joining: Just cause =P

Poutine actually taste pretty decently but considering the health factors related to it, it's not exactly worth it to me XD;
Welcome to the club! :)
I've never actually had poutine before. What's it taste like?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I didn't even know that you're allowed to sleep there XD;

And really nothing all that special about Alberta. You aren't missing out that much ;p I'm rather surprised where's all the Vancouver people? I imagined that there's lot more Vancouver PCers as it's a bigger city too. Hey if there's enough people in Alberta, we should have our own meetup sometime haha XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
XD if we're doing random meetups, will at least need contact info so it's not like meeting random strangers. I still feel bad that I missed the PCX by a week earlier...

Back to poutine earlier: I only tried them from new york fries on campus >_>; which probably doesn't count as "real" poutine. I stopped having them though cause they're just so bad for your health. I tried those maple syrup on ice and wrap it as candy though in Quebec. It's pretty unique though I can't say that it's all that special in taste.

Back