• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I have no preference which of the two names is used, but I'm new here and haven't seen this forum under any other name. I guess I'm already used to it? xD

Also I won't let any place sell out to Wal-Mart. Typical mega-corporation trying to control the world while not even understanding how it works...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have no preference which of the two names is used, but I'm new here and haven't seen this forum under any other name. I guess I'm already used to it? xD
That's the spirit!

But seriously, I've always been of the opinion that C&M isn't exactly the most... accurate name for this place. "Culture" is a ridiculously nebulous term, and "Media" discussions often go in Other Chat & Discussions. This place has always been about entertainment, and when I completely vetoed calling it 'Other Entertainment' (because, bleh!), General Entertainment became the most natural option. Like when Facebook or Twitter changes their interface, everyone always comes around in the end. Hopefully this'll be the same for you guys! :D

LividZephyr

Years
Facebook interface changes... yuck. I still hate Timeline since it makes things so much LESS organized and they refuse to make it standard to sort posts chronologically, instead of dwelling upon "importance" or, now, whomever PAID to "promote" posts to the top of a News Feed. Facebook is only killing itself by wanting to be a money-making machine as opposed to a site for its users. They need to do the latter because that's way more long-term.

I don't have a Twitter. Should I?

Years
Hm, I don't know about Twitter, that's all up to you. I kind of just see Twitter as a silly website where people post EVERYTHING they're doing, but perhaps that's just some people? Could be fun...

RANDOM TOPIC CHANGE THE WALKING DEAD SEASON THREE IS PREMIERING OCTOBER 14TH IS ANYBODY ELSE EXCITED TOO!?!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
No I'm sorry I'm not done talking about this!

Mr Cat Dog said:
This place has always been about entertainment, and when I completely vetoed calling it 'Other Entertainment' (because, bleh!), General Entertainment became the most natural option. Like when Facebook or Twitter changes their interface, everyone always comes around in the end. Hopefully this'll be the same for you guys! :D

But General Entertainment is just so.... generic. I do appreciate that you vetoed Other Entertainment and with time we will of course adjust as is human nature. But you never quite get over the loss of a loved one... you just move on.

LividZephyr

Years
But General Entertainment is just so.... generic. I do appreciate that you vetoed Other Entertainment and with time we will of course adjust as is human nature. But you never quite get over the loss of a loved one... you just move on.
If you're still calling General Entertainment "Generic Entertainment," then maybe we should think of something... creative.

IDEA GENERATOR RUNNING...

PLEASE STAND BY...

RESULTS:
"Central Social Media Hub"
"Current Entertainment"
"Entertainment Media"
"For Your Eyes and Ears Only"
"General Store"
"Generic Entertainment"
"Generic Social Board"
"Jubilife TV"
"Media Entertainment"
"The TV"

...uhm, any of those appeal to you?

Years
Why not just call it the Pop Culture forum so we can have PC in our PC?

And the walking dead? Have they made a zombie TV show? Ugh. There's already too much zombie-media at the moment and with Halloween coming it's just gonna get worse.

No, right now TV is all about Downton Abbey and Once Upon A Time. Please tell me someone is watching one of those.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I think it's too generic honestly. What... actually belongs in this place now? Say a debate in my section cropped up about the effect of media on people's perception of whatever does that even go here or... what? And what about sports and stuff? Confused ugh. I imagine Andy's thinking this kinda stuff for OVP too. ~_~

Years
^^But I feel like that would fit in here. I see Other Chat and Discussions as a place where debates on peoples rights, news, current events, laws etc. so anything whose focal point is entertainment would be here. And I always saw Other Voting Polls as a place for pols/surveys about people's life and their lifestyle, their personality, features about their life - not what their favorite football team is. That's my take at least.

Why not just call it the Pop Culture forum so we can have PC in our PC?

And the walking dead? Have they made a zombie TV show? Ugh. There's already too much zombie-media at the moment and with Halloween coming it's just gonna get worse.

That's what I used to think at first too: "Ugh, not another zombie thing, zombies are the next vampires, let's get over this trend already..."

But then when I watched it, it's less about the zombies (which are called walkers (it sounds less ridiculous/magical to me at least)) and about the people's reactions. It's almost like Lord of the Flies, how some people try and keep everything normal, how a leader emerges, how some go crazy. And it's also a horror/suspense movie wrapped up in an hour long episode! It's really dark and intense.

Years
But then when I watched it, it's less about the zombies (which are called walkers (it sounds less ridiculous/magical to me at least)) and about the people's reactions. It's almost like Lord of the Flies, how some people try and keep everything normal, how a leader emerges, how some go crazy. And it's also a horror/suspense movie wrapped up in an hour long episode! It's really dark and intense.
The Lord of the Flies aspect is primarily why I don't like zombie stories so I'll still pass.

But kudos for having a horror/suspense television show be successful. It must have good people writing it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have Season 1 of Downton Abbey on DVD and I so badly want to watch it! I just haven't gotten around to it though. I will get there though, and then you and I will talk about it forever, Scarfy!

...in General Entertainment.

Years
Yes, Downton Abbey. Let's make a subforum for British Entertainment. Cheerio! Of course all it would have in it would be Doctor Who, Sherlock, and period pieces.

LividZephyr

Years
Yes, Downton Abbey. Let's make a subforum for British Entertainment. Cheerio! Of course all it would have in it would be Doctor Who, Sherlock, and period pieces.

I have one thing to say to that...

dcgunbarrel.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017

I'd be complied to flood it with pieces of Scottish music and Irish comedy in order to balance out our great united britain.

LividZephyr

Years
Does anybody still talk about James Bond? Is that still a relevant part of culture or media?
The twenty-third movie is coming out very soon. November 9th over here, but Europe and some other areas get it a couple weeks before us. Lucky.

So yes, people are talking about Bond. And I've had James Bond discussions with many a person. Expect there to be a "Skyfall" topic in the new BE subforum... if it gets made. Heck, Adele's theme song to it is worthy enough of a topic in there.

I think the hiatuses lately and that the previous three movies were 2002, 2006, and 2008 might be why Bond has fallen to the curb. If they can start making one every other year again - and do it right - they can return Bond to his former glory.

Sad that this is likely Judi Dench's last film as M. Hopefully her successor can be as fierce as she...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back