ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old October 6th, 2012 (4:30 PM).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY!!!

I am looking for a guide on how to script an in game trade script! I don't understand how to change the pokemon you trade in the vanilla script so if someone can show me how, or link me to a tutorial, or even show me what to put to change the script already in the game to change to the pokemon I want, I will be forever greatful!!!

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 6th, 2012 (5:15 PM).
    Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by CrystalStatic
      I don't have any guesses besides this: Maybe it is because you got rid of all of the original game's events. When I used to delete the events, some really weird glitches would occur in my game (like game-killing glitches). Instead of deleting the events, just move all of the events to the corner of the map and mark the "person events" as "hidden". Everyone that I know does that and I do that as well. (Since I started doing this, I have had none of the glitches that I used to have)
      I suppose it's possible that it has something to do with deleting events, but that still doesn't explain why it only seems to happen on certain maps :\

I haven't had any game-killing glitches as a result of this problem, though, (and I can't bring the events I deleted back) so I'm just going to continue working around this problem.
      Old October 6th, 2012 (6:37 PM).
      Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
        I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

How would I go about changing the screen that comes up before going into the Viridian Forest in Fire Red? (The graphic that shows a bunch of trees then fades out into the normal map)

Thanks for your time in advance!
        Old October 6th, 2012 (7:02 PM).
        Pokemon Moon Creator

@CrystalStatic: here is a tut. on how to do it. I followed it myself and it worked
          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5678757
          Old October 6th, 2012 (8:26 PM).

hi pal.from your message i can derive that you like charizard(me too) and just want it in your rom. Now there was a time i was in same situation. I wanted all my favourite pokemons in one rom,but cannt get any hack to provide me that. I was desprate,i read on net,watched youtube videos,there was this one hacker-jambo51 and shinyabsol,they helped me,it was a thing I just wanted. And now I have entered my own sprites of kyurem,kyurems both forms,rath and benmummy from ben 10,jinpachi mishima and nina etc from tekken game and lots of fakemons in addition to various 4th and 5th gen pokemons in my fire red rom. I have inserted over 100 scripts,maps etc. And am still doing more. So,if you have passion,just find on net(poke community) is a great site.look in tutorial section for your needs. Read there,watch on youtube,and try one thing at a time.
            As for your request-not only can you enter silver version charizard in your rom,but you can also enter any sprite you wish. How-
            1.i do all work in fire red gba rom,so if it were for a gba rom I could tell you exact names,but as your game is a gb/gbc rom ...ok firt do a thing-
            1.search net,use google or you can find on this site(pokecommunity.com),swampert tools,etc,there are gb/gbc hack tools.
            2.look for a tool description to enter new sprites in a rom. I will update this tools name after i find it.
            3.download that tool.
            4.choose a sprite of your fav pokemon.you will easily find them on net.there must be two images,one front one back.
            5.Now you remember the software i said,to insert pokemon sprites...open it,load your rom,and select any pokemon.example bulbasaur...
            6.thern click file,and there must be a option to save this image of bulbasaur.save on your desktop.
            7.minimize this image inserting software for now.
            8.look at the image you saved. .check its size. I think its 8x8 or 16x16(not sure). So your new image shall be of this size only.
            9.download a software called irfanview(must have)..open your new image in it.press cntl+ r to resize it,and resize it to the size you got of your games sprite.ie.of bulbasaur. Ex.16x16
            10.now in irfanview only,decrease image color to 16.and save the image on desktop.let it be image 1
            11.now goto change pallete and rlace first color of you sprite to the background color and save this image as indexone on desktop.let this be image 2
            11.open your image 1 in ms paint(the one you get in windows XP and not win7 one,as it would not work).once opened,select all and copy.
            12.open image 2 in other mspaint and paste image 1 on it.
            13.your messed up image 2 will turn fine. Save it.
            This is an indexed image.if you didnt got it,read in pokecommunity tutorial section,how to index a image.many good tutorials are there.
            14.similarly create an indexed sprite for your back sprite.
            15.now open your image inserting software,goto any pokemon you want change,ex charizard,cthen click file,import image
            16.import your indexed images,and click save.
            17.you might also need to have free space finder software if it says image size too big aborting.
            18.as i said i work only on gba rom,so i might not have helped you much,if you get your job done,i shall be happy. If not pm me and i will post it with pics.and tutorials.
            Till then...bye.and make sure you geet your charlizard inserted.
            Old October 6th, 2012 (11:57 PM).

Nature: Modest
              how can i change prof birch sprite to black and white professorr sprite using unlz gba and ape not pokepic and tile molestor
              Old October 7th, 2012 (2:07 AM). Edited October 7th, 2012 by tamsheel.

For adding extra trainers try a-trainer. That is advanced trainer,and try pokemon amplifier for addind more moves. You can find the tutorials on this site. I have successfully tried both,and it works.have added about 25 extra trainers and 250 moves to my rom. Pet doesnt work,nor does yape.

1.I used a-trainer to get one new trainer inserted.
                2.then just copied its id,changed its sprite to nurse joy,and gave her a chansey and blissey.
                3.next i wrote a trainer script,and put my id i got from a-trainer there.
                4.now just remember.,you put a special command in this trainer script.
                5.i think its in thethethe tutorial.see there is a script called special,which makes your pokemon heal.
                6.i just wrote that script after the trainer script,so that when the line to commence trainer fight is over,the next line starts from the special script line.and that line is executed next,before being released.
                7.compile using pokescript,and check.
                8.make necessary changes using pksvui. Ex.you can put special command lines before,after,before and after both,etc...
                9.in my hack, when you go to a pokemon centre,and talk to nurse joy,she says that you cant get treatment for free.then fight starts,and at the end,irrespective of fight output,she says that my pokemon looks weakend out,let me cure them,the screen fades,comes back and my pokemons are healed. After that she says,do come again sometimes.
                9.i also removed checkflag so that i can go again and again in that pokecentre,and and this nurse joy fights and heal me...

Hope you understood.

1.I used a-trainer to get one new trainer inserted.
                2.then just copied its id,changed its sprite to nurse joy,and gave her a chansey and blissey.
                3.next i wrote a trainer script,and put my id i got from a-trainer there.
                4.now just remember.,you put a special command in this trainer script.
                5.i think its in thethethe tutorial.see there is a script called special,which makes your pokemon heal.
                6.i just wrote that script after the trainer script,so that when the line to commence trainer fight is over,the next line starts from the special script line.and that line is executed next,before being released.
                7.compile using pokescript,and check.
                8.make necessary changes using pksvui. Ex.you can put special command lines before,after,before and after both,etc...
                9.in my hack, when you go to a pokemon centre,and talk to nurse joy,she says that you cant get treatment for free.then fight starts,and at the end,irrespective of fight output,she says that my pokemon looks weakend out,let me cure them,the screen fades,comes back and my pokemons are healed. After that she says,do come again sometimes.
                9.i also removed checkflag so that i can go again and again in that pokecentre,and and this nurse joy fights and heal me...

Hope you understood.
                Old October 7th, 2012 (7:29 AM).
                Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
                  is it possible to make a Hack where you can be Good or Evil and if you can Please tell me How?
                  Old October 7th, 2012 (8:13 AM).
                  Time for real life...

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
                    is it possible to make a Hack where you can be Good or Evil and if you can Please tell me How?
                    Yes, I am currently making a hack that is like that. I can't really explain it though, you just need to know a lot about scripting.
                    Old October 7th, 2012 (7:17 PM).
                    Always Remember Forever&After

how do you change the background in the prof. birch intro for ruby? like in light platinum and silver legend.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                      Old October 8th, 2012 (2:45 AM). Edited October 8th, 2012 by Sensui.
                      Ascend

Nature: Quiet
                        I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I'll just ask: how do you find the X,Y coordinates for HG/SS to put into PPRE?

When I open it, and look at the events, they all take the coordinates from very small units of space. i.e. x-693,y-392

And anything I've used to find the coordinates like say, map editors, it always treats the coordinates as 1 per tile, so I get x-12,y-8.

So when I want to add a Pokemon to interact with into HG, what do I do for it's coordinates? (I know the rest, just not this!)

Okay, update. Through trial and error I found the coordinates are still done as 1 per tile in PPRE and the actual ROM, I had my new overworld appear (y-3) under another sprite and it did just that. But why are the numbers so big, like 600/400? My conclusion is they probably start at a number much higher than 0, because I doubt it's taken from every tile in the game for every coordinate.
                        Old October 8th, 2012 (5:31 AM). Edited October 8th, 2012 by LugiaMZ.

Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying

Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying
                          Old October 8th, 2012 (11:08 AM).

hi I have one guestion! how can I edit the textbox? by that I mean on this
                            textboxv.png
                            Old October 8th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
                            Pokemon Moon Creator

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Dudlas View Post
                              hi I have one guestion! how can I edit the textbox? by that I mean on this
                              Attachment 66274
                              yes you can
                              in NSE classic one of the bookmarks is text boxes, you can edit them there

And I also have a question:
                              does anybody know if it is possible to remove the nidorino intro
                              if it is could you please tell me how
                              Old October 8th, 2012 (12:50 PM).

How do I get back to the outside of my cave? Every time I exit I end up in the middle of the town instead of outside the cave
                                Old October 8th, 2012 (12:55 PM).
                                Always Remember Forever&After

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Rise_of_Darkrai View Post
                                  How do I get back to the outside of my cave? Every time I exit I end up in the middle of the town instead of outside the cave
                                  you have to do both warps. the one inside and the one outside.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                                  Old October 8th, 2012 (4:27 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
                                    you have to do both warps. the one inside and the one outside.
                                    I've done that, everything is linked correctly, but it still doesn't want to work correctly
                                    Old October 8th, 2012 (5:28 PM).

I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
                                      Old October 8th, 2012 (7:53 PM). Edited October 8th, 2012 by dreamengine.

does anyone know how the wild unown forms work? I want to have a hack with like different shellos and stuff. So first it would help to know how different unown forms work

edit: is it possible to somehow make multiple pokemon link back to the same pokedex entry?
                                        Old October 9th, 2012 (12:20 PM).
                                        Time for real life...

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by AquaticFlareon View Post
                                          I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
                                          That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGihhXkQOPk
                                          Old October 9th, 2012 (7:20 PM).
                                          AquaticFlareon AquaticFlareon is offline

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                                            That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:
                                            I Did EVERYTHING In that video TO THE LETTER, And it Didn't work, remember, I'm working with ruby, here. if that is universal, Then what the heck? Shouldn't it have worked? also,I Removed the url, because i havent posted 15 or more posts yet
                                            Old October 11th, 2012 (3:44 AM).
                                            poisonhearts628 poisonhearts628 is offline

Alright. First time post here. I am having a few problems but I am pretty sure they are linked to the same cause, I just don't know how to go about fixing it. 1) When you enter cycling road entrance arrows appear between my character. 2) When exiting buildings a portion of my character's head appears at the bottom of the door instead of the arrow. 3) When surfing/flying my character's sprite splits when entering/exiting the surf/fly animation. Any Ideas?
                                              Old October 11th, 2012 (8:31 AM).

Hey all, quick question. I'm using advanced map 1.92 to hack Fire Red. I have 2 sprites in 2 positions on the map (they are not the only sprites). When I run the game to test it they appear in 2 completely different spots. What's the deal?
                                                Old October 11th, 2012 (8:43 AM).
                                                paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
                                                  You must erase the levelscript of type 03.
                                                  They contain movesprite and thats why..

www.board.romresources.net

I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
                                                  Old October 11th, 2012 (8:48 AM).
                                                  PunsAreFun PunsAreFun is offline

Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
                                                    You must erase the levelscript of type 03.
                                                    They contain movesprite and thats why..
                                                    Thank you! Now everything works!
                                                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply