Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1101    
Old September 26th, 2012 (5:41 AM).
Awkward Squirtle Awkward Squirtle is offline
,@,e .ºoO
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 110

    Looks very... Minecraft-y. I like the tiles.

    How does the terrain generator work? Are you laying down layers of materials? If so, you'll be missing some cool landscape features such as overhangs.

    I actually made something similar over a year ago. The way I did it was to use 2D Perlin noise added to a vertical gradient; the values of the noise above a certain threshold were stone, and those below were air. Values in the middle would map to soil, so you get a nice band of soil between your air and rock. Once you have a basic terrain shape, you can decorate it by adding ores to random stone tiles, and grass to soil with air above.


    Relevant Advertising!

      #1102    
    Old October 1st, 2012 (12:46 PM).
    carmaniac's Avatar
    carmaniac carmaniac is offline
    Where the pickle surprise at?
       
      Join Date: Apr 2009
      Location: England
      Age: 22
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 682

      Got bored so made a new menu:
      Side notes, background is animated, bar above Pokémon icons is a badge display. Can left click trainer to get info or right click for options. Arrow changes position depending on how close to the edge the Pokémon info box.

      __________________

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
      My balls seem to be fine.

        #1103    
      Old October 2nd, 2012 (10:52 AM).
      Lord Varion's Avatar
      Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
      Guess who's back?
         
        Join Date: Feb 2009
        Age: 23
        Gender: Other
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 2,644

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Awkward Squirtle View Post
        Looks very... Minecraft-y. I like the tiles.

        How does the terrain generator work? Are you laying down layers of materials? If so, you'll be missing some cool landscape features such as overhangs.

        I actually made something similar over a year ago. The way I did it was to use 2D Perlin noise added to a vertical gradient; the values of the noise above a certain threshold were stone, and those below were air. Values in the middle would map to soil, so you get a nice band of soil between your air and rock. Once you have a basic terrain shape, you can decorate it by adding ores to random stone tiles, and grass to soil with air above.

        It's suppose to look minecrafty. It's not gotten far at the moment. I'm still learning but I'll try see if I can get overhangs in.

        __________________

        gone.

          #1104    
        Old October 6th, 2012 (1:41 AM). Edited October 6th, 2012 by Cilerba.
        Xatoku's Avatar
        Xatoku Xatoku is offline
        Game Developer
           
          Join Date: Feb 2009
          Location: Canada
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 451

          Video for a project I'm working on with a friend. Not much, but we're just getting started. Plan is to essentially be an Action-Oriented version of the handheld games. With our own innovations too, of course.

          ^Not working for me, but here's a pic:

            #1105    
          Old October 6th, 2012 (4:05 PM).
          KingCharizard's Avatar
          KingCharizard KingCharizard is offline
          C++ Developer Extraordinaire
             
            Join Date: Dec 2009
            Location: Pennsylvania
            Age: 29
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 1,250

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
            I know it is not pokemon related, but I have been playing around with udk, It is the first map I have actually created.

            If you've really made the map yourself than it looks good, simple but good. Im guessing however you didn't code the gun and GUI yourself? I haven't used UDK in awhile but I know they usually released it with stuff like that

            __________________

              #1106    
            Old October 11th, 2012 (11:52 AM).
            Lord Varion's Avatar
            Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
            Guess who's back?
               
              Join Date: Feb 2009
              Age: 23
              Gender: Other
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 2,644


              Trying 3D stuff in GMK.

              __________________

              gone.

                #1107    
              Old October 16th, 2012 (11:35 AM).
              carmaniac's Avatar
              carmaniac carmaniac is offline
              Where the pickle surprise at?
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2009
                Location: England
                Age: 22
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 682

                Tried out spriting after constantly changing the appearance of my game. Credits go to ultimospriter for environment tiles. Buildings and sign done by me. (Yes I know about wonky positions on the battle system, it's a work in progress)

                Spoiler:

                __________________

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                My balls seem to be fine.

                  #1108    
                Old October 16th, 2012 (11:53 AM).
                Umbra's Avatar
                Umbra Umbra is offline
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2009
                Location: Nearby my feet.
                Age: 20
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 1,745

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post




                A random Terrain Generator.
                All pictures were taken at spawn point.

                Is this using the system I made? (although the terrain generator is very different.)

                  #1109    
                Old October 18th, 2012 (1:50 AM).
                Nilaul Nilaul is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2012
                  Posts: 22

                  A few improvements Ive made Decided to take a screenshot without a character in.

                    #1110    
                  Old October 18th, 2012 (2:43 AM).
                  Lord Varion's Avatar
                  Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
                  Guess who's back?
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2009
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Other
                    Nature: Naughty
                    Posts: 2,644

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by hansiec View Post
                    Is this using the system I made? (although the terrain generator is very different.)

                    Nah, this was before I asked for help from you.

                    Quote:

                    A few improvements Ive made Decided to take a screenshot without a character in.

                    It looks good, but a bit too much animations. Will distract the player and catch eyes too many times.

                    __________________

                    gone.

                      #1111    
                    Old October 18th, 2012 (2:58 AM).
                    zingzags's Avatar
                    zingzags zingzags is offline
                    PokemonGDX creator
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                      Location: Boston
                      Age: 23
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 562

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
                      If you've really made the map yourself than it looks good, simple but good. Im guessing however you didn't code the gun and GUI yourself? I haven't used UDK in awhile but I know they usually released it with stuff like that

                      I built the map myself, everything else came default with udk.

                      __________________

                      Check out the Pokemon Game Engine I am working on:
                      https://github.com/sjosegarcia/Pokemon

                        #1112    
                      Old October 18th, 2012 (4:23 AM).
                      Ęℓαчиıı's Avatar
                      Ęℓαчиıı Ęℓαчиıı is offline
                      Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2010
                      Location: Allahbamee
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 396

                      The battle system looks great, carmaniac. However, my only nitpick would be to maybe give it a more pixely look. Aside from that, it looks awesome. I love the new menu, too.

                      __________________

                        #1113    
                      Old October 18th, 2012 (5:41 AM).
                      Pharetra's Avatar
                      Pharetra Pharetra is offline
                      zzzz
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2011
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 455

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Masterpaul View Post
                        Guys how do I take a Gif Screenshot?
                        To be honest, you don't. I "take .Gif screenshots" by capturing the screen with video recording software and import the video in Photoshop to layers. Then, it's a matter of making an animation with the Timeline and then saving it for web and devices.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Nilaul View Post

                        A few improvements Ive made :P Decided to take a screenshot without a character in.

                        Awesome job there! I really like how colourful it is and the animations are pretty cool, though they can, as pointed out above, be a little bit distracting. I don't know if that will really be the case though.

                          #1114    
                        Old October 18th, 2012 (7:05 AM).
                        Yamiidenryuu's Avatar
                        Yamiidenryuu Yamiidenryuu is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2011
                          Posts: 185

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Nilaul View Post

                          A few improvements Ive made Decided to take a screenshot without a character in.

                          Some of your animations look odd... the flowers just seem to be randomly flickering through a few different shades, for one. And the multi-coloured grass is an interesting idea, but those colours don't really go well together. And the red looks unnaturally bright.

                          __________________


                          Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.

                            #1115    
                          Old October 18th, 2012 (7:52 AM).
                          Nilaul Nilaul is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2012
                            Posts: 22

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Yamiidenryuu View Post
                            Some of your animations look odd... the flowers just seem to be randomly flickering through a few different shades, for one. And the multi-coloured grass is an interesting idea, but those colours don't really go well together. And the red looks unnaturally bright.

                            Thanks I really didn't notice the flickering colours at first , thanks for pointing it out. The red was taken out straight from the palate available in the tileset, gonna try tone it done a notch.

                              #1116    
                            Old October 23rd, 2012 (1:50 PM).
                            carmaniac's Avatar
                            carmaniac carmaniac is offline
                            Where the pickle surprise at?
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2009
                              Location: England
                              Age: 22
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 682

                              Managed to get some more done with my games menu.

                              __________________

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                              My balls seem to be fine.

                                #1117    
                              Old October 23rd, 2012 (2:30 PM).
                              Umbra's Avatar
                              Umbra Umbra is offline
                              • Platinum Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2009
                              Location: Nearby my feet.
                              Age: 20
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 1,745

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
                              Managed to get some more done with my games menu.

                              I actually like the menu here, I do have 1 question, is this a popup menu or a GUI menu which just stays there while playing?

                                #1118    
                              Old October 24th, 2012 (6:36 AM).
                              carmaniac's Avatar
                              carmaniac carmaniac is offline
                              Where the pickle surprise at?
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2009
                                Location: England
                                Age: 22
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 682

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by hansiec View Post
                                I actually like the menu here, I do have 1 question, is this a popup menu or a GUI menu which just stays there while playing?

                                It's constantly there, there are other features to it, such as the whole you can move the game screen around and hide functions of the menu.

                                __________________

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                My balls seem to be fine.

                                  #1119    
                                Old October 24th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
                                Rayquaza.'s Avatar
                                Rayquaza. Rayquaza. is offline
                                Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2011
                                  Location: United Kingdom
                                  Age: 20
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 686

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
                                  Got bored so made a new menu:
                                  Side notes, background is animated, bar above Pokémon icons is a badge display. Can left click trainer to get info or right click for options. Arrow changes position depending on how close to the edge the Pokémon info box.

                                  Wow, I wish I could script... Do you think this could be integrated with essentials if finished?

                                  __________________

                                    #1120    
                                  Old October 24th, 2012 (2:09 PM).
                                  Riansky's Avatar
                                  Riansky Riansky is offline
                                  Purr
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2012
                                    Location: Slovenia
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 199

                                    First time posting in this thread Here you have a screenshot from Cyrilla Town

                                    __________________

                                      #1121    
                                    Old November 1st, 2012 (9:25 PM).
                                    Ramond Hikari's Avatar
                                    Ramond Hikari Ramond Hikari is offline
                                    - Lonely Shooting Star -
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2011
                                      Location: Vietnam
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Lonely
                                      Posts: 75

                                      ~ So Autumn has come in my country :D

                                      __________________

                                        #1122    
                                      Old November 3rd, 2012 (2:54 PM).
                                      KingCharizard's Avatar
                                      KingCharizard KingCharizard is offline
                                      C++ Developer Extraordinaire
                                         
                                        Join Date: Dec 2009
                                        Location: Pennsylvania
                                        Age: 29
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Bold
                                        Posts: 1,250

                                        I know there not pokemon but still its a game i've been developing so here is a few screenshots. If you like what you see try the demo in my sig, or view the topic on the unity community also in my sig

                                        __________________

                                          #1123    
                                        Old November 25th, 2012 (12:24 PM).
                                        carmaniac's Avatar
                                        carmaniac carmaniac is offline
                                        Where the pickle surprise at?
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2009
                                          Location: England
                                          Age: 22
                                          Nature: Relaxed
                                          Posts: 682

                                          Not much I can say.

                                          __________________

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                          My balls seem to be fine.

                                            #1124    
                                          Old November 28th, 2012 (5:18 PM).
                                          Lord Varion's Avatar
                                          Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
                                          Guess who's back?
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2009
                                            Age: 23
                                            Gender: Other
                                            Nature: Naughty
                                            Posts: 2,644

                                            Trying to Hansiec (I think)'s h Mode 7 for essentials.
                                            Managed to add new Textures.

                                            __________________

                                            gone.

                                              #1125    
                                            Old December 2nd, 2012 (11:44 PM).
                                            Rocket-Dock's Avatar
                                            Rocket-Dock Rocket-Dock is offline
                                            Dragonite Trainer
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2012
                                              Location: Hoenn
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 23

                                              Hello guys we need some feedback about our screensize and also our new style:


                                              Custom^

                                              DS^

                                              Wich screensize do you like more, and is are the tiles good? :D

                                              Regards :D

                                              __________________

                                              Closed Thread
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:40 AM.