The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Gaming Central
RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #626    
Old October 2nd, 2012 (7:18 PM).
Xander Olivieri's Avatar
Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Gender: Other
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 5,601
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
    I'm not even going to try to get into a full-blown argument about how the timeline doesn't necessarily have to be full law but...even if the sages or whomever appeared post game, it doesn't necessarily have to be a complete canon one; look at the Hoenn leaders in BW2 as an example, none appear to have aged at all despite said games taking place how many years later? If they really wanted it to mean full law, they would more than likely make all changes. Either that or Hoenn doesn't have an official place yet.

    As for features, I'm still thinking over what other uses secret bases will have. I'm also one looking forward to seeing a mossdeep rocket launch in 3d.
    Except theres the chance that they wouldn't be sages then. You can justify aging skip, but none of the sages would be sages at that time so they wouldn't be wearing their sage suits or even be known as members of Team Plasma if they weren't scouted. If they were scouted then they'd have been in Unova with Ghetsis.

    None of the sprites changed because none of them aged physically enough to need new sprites. Some got changes due to updated uniforms or resprites in the past, but not all of them aged between the game set.

    Since the events of R/S are supposed to be before the events of B/W I can't see them putting plasma members in there.
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #627    
    Old October 2nd, 2012 (7:41 PM). Edited October 2nd, 2012 by C Payne.
    C Payne's Avatar
    C Payne C Payne is offline
    Hoenn in 3D!
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Va
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 454
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
    Except theres the chance that they wouldn't be sages then. You can justify aging skip, but none of the sages would be sages at that time so they wouldn't be wearing their sage suits or even be known as members of Team Plasma if they weren't scouted. If they were scouted then they'd have been in Unova with Ghetsis.

    None of the sprites changed because none of them aged physically enough to need new sprites. Some got changes due to updated uniforms or resprites in the past, but not all of them aged between the game set.

    Since the events of R/S are supposed to be before the events of B/W I can't see them putting plasma members in there.
    Oh I didn't mean the sages specifically, haha, I guess that was a bad example for my point. I got a bit wrapped up with that conversation.

    Going along with all of this, gsc/hgss are 3 years after rby/frlg(and supposedly rse as everyone is saying), dppt take place sometime after them, bw take place years after that, and bw2 are 2 more years after that. That's like 7-8 years at the least? Plenty of time to have a physical appearance change if you ask me, especially considering how old(wattson) and young(flannery) some if the leaders were.

    All this aside, I wonder what cameos will appear either way, obviously will have some.
    __________________
    Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

    Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
      #628    
    Old October 2nd, 2012 (8:53 PM).
    MrGriszell's Avatar
    MrGriszell MrGriszell is offline
    Madara
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 869
      Well if they remake R/S and say it takes place during BW , then the the timeline would change. I don't think it would be that big of deal. There was nothing the forcefully binding gen 1 and gen 3 to the same time periods.

      And if that's a problem a sequel would work perfectly. It would take place 7-8 years later so we can have mostly all new gym leader and elite four. So we would get a remake in terms of the same region and same pokemon , but a entirely new game story wise
        #629    
      Old October 3rd, 2012 (2:12 AM).
      C Payne's Avatar
      C Payne C Payne is offline
      Hoenn in 3D!
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2011
      Location: Va
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 454
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
      Well if they remake R/S and say it takes place during BW , then the the timeline would change. I don't think it would be that big of deal. There was nothing the forcefully binding gen 1 and gen 3 to the same time periods.
      That's one of the things I was trying to get at; There's not too much to go by that outright shows that, although people tend to grasp at straws when it comes to that kind of talk either way.
      __________________
      Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

      Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
        #630    
      Old October 4th, 2012 (2:56 PM).
      RandomDSdevel's Avatar
      RandomDSdevel RandomDSdevel is offline
      The EXP-Grinding Trainer
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Kokomo, IN
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 381
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
        Nintendo doesn't micro manage GF like that. They only own 1/3 of the company along with creatures inc. and even tho nintendo owns creAtures companies usually let their Subsidiaries run with creative control
        Well, if Nintendo allowed GameFreak to make this decision by simply ignoring details like this, then I would be happy, capiche?
          #631    
        Old October 4th, 2012 (6:02 PM).
        MrGriszell's Avatar
        MrGriszell MrGriszell is offline
        Madara
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 869
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
          Well, if Nintendo allowed GameFreak to make this decision by simply ignoring details like this, then I would be happy, capiche?
          Lol whatever you say boss
            #632    
          Old October 6th, 2012 (9:14 AM).
          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
          10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
             
            Join Date: Apr 2010
            Location: Oregon
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 17,212
            If RSE does take place is the past it could have the PwT (with Alder participating rather than either Steven or Wallace depending on who they decide to keep).

            I just had a though, perhaps they could keep Steven for the Ruby remakeand Wallace for the Sapphire. Steven has to do Steel and precious stones which can be found in the Earth (ground) while Wallace is obvious...plus it could be a small hint to DP remakes...though it could be vice versa like how Hg had Kyogre and Ss had Groudon (aka 1 ( current remake )-2 (future remake) version 2(cr)-1 (fr) version.)

            Also whoever says that Gen VI is going to follow B2W2 simply due to all gen V events being released are forgetting that Arcues event was followed by remakes and like four or was it five... events (the last which connected to gen V) for said remakes (Mew, Celebi, Soul Dew, Shiny beasts...which would make it 6, and Manaphy (7)(Idr if this was just japanese or if it came to the Us as I didn't get it...).
            __________________
            # TeamRowlet
            I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
            https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
            https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
              #633    
            Old October 6th, 2012 (12:38 PM).
            Xander Olivieri's Avatar
            Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2010
              Gender: Other
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 5,601
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
              If RSE does take place is the past it could have the PwT (with Alder participating rather than either Steven or Wallace depending on who they decide to keep).

              I just had a though, perhaps they could keep Steven for the Ruby remakeand Wallace for the Sapphire. Steven has to do Steel and precious stones which can be found in the Earth (ground) while Wallace is obvious...plus it could be a small hint to DP remakes...though it could be vice versa like how Hg had Kyogre and Ss had Groudon (aka 1 ( current remake )-2 (future remake) version 2(cr)-1 (fr) version.)

              Also whoever says that Gen VI is going to follow B2W2 simply due to all gen V events being released are forgetting that Arcues event was followed by remakes and like four or was it five... events (the last which connected to gen V) for said remakes (Mew, Celebi, Soul Dew, Shiny beasts...which would make it 6, and Manaphy (7)(Idr if this was just japanese or if it came to the Us as I didn't get it...).
              Didn't HG/SS come out before Arceus' official release? Thought his event was for HG/SS. That's why people are saying gen 5 is over and gen 6 is next.
              __________________
                #634    
              Old October 6th, 2012 (2:28 PM).
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
              10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2010
                Location: Oregon
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Careful
                Posts: 17,212
                I forget but his movie came out before the remakes were announced...
                The last generation to end after the last event of that generation's dex was shown was gen III with Deoxys.

                I remember that it activated the HgSs event but iirc you traded it from Pt to do so...
                __________________
                # TeamRowlet
                I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                  #635    
                Old October 6th, 2012 (3:16 PM).
                Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Gender: Other
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 5,601
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                  I forget but his movie came out before the remakes were announced...
                  The last generation to end after the last event of that generation's dex was shown was gen III with Deoxys.

                  I remember that it activated the HgSs event but iirc you traded it from Pt to do so...
                  Both movies came at the end of their Generation though. After Deoxys' Movie was the Lucario Movie. After Arceus' movie is Zorua's.

                  Technically Gen 4 ended earlier than Arceus' revealing as Platinum came before HG/SS. Even though the remake is in Generation 4 its of a Generation 2 game, while Generation 3's remakes came between the main titles and the director's cut so you can't even use that as a comparison. Switch the places of the games and they come out to pretty much the same thing.

                  Serebii and Bulbapedia have conflicting Event information so I don't know which source to use, but Serebii has Deoxys Event data that predates Pokemon Emerald's release in Japan.

                  Arceus's event was started in July and ended with the movie in September. I mean both Generations ended as soon as the last Event Pokemon's Movie finished. B/W breaks all normal ideas so while there is still the chance that all the previous info is false, we can't use Event release as a reason cause if we do, then as most others say, Gen 5 has ended when Genesect was released. I say was, cause its already out in Japan just waiting on its movie.

                  Best Wishes is almost over too apparently and no Anime tie ins have been made yet like Lyra was during the Sinnoh travels. So we aren't getting very positive Anime assistance.
                  __________________
                    #636    
                  Old October 6th, 2012 (4:30 PM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                  10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                    Location: Oregon
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 17,212
                    Lyra appeared sometime after HgSs was release irc...
                    There were several hints in DP's anime as May appeared much like Misty did during the Hoenn saga. Plus Dawn went to Hoenn according to the special, for contests (though...did she take a break,finished, or said special not canon...) like How May went to Johto.
                    We haven't seen much Gen VI pokémon either... I know Gen IV's anime didn't have any until the end either but it's strange for two generations in a row to wait until the end to show new pokémon...
                    If anime went to Hoenn much like how there was a return to Kanto in gen III's saga, I have no idea what it'll be about though...I guess they could put Sinnoh/Johto Bf in anime Hoenn ...

                    I guess if we're going by remakes don't count than this gen is over as of tommorow for us in the US...

                    I'm hoping that they add some clues either for remakes or gen VI soon as I'm starting to think this is the end...
                    __________________
                    # TeamRowlet
                    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                      #637    
                    Old October 6th, 2012 (4:56 PM).
                    Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                    Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                      Gender: Other
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 5,601
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                      Lyra appeared sometime after HgSs was release irc...
                      There were several hints in DP's anime as May appeared much like Misty did during the Hoenn saga. Plus Dawn went to Hoenn according to the special, for contests (though...did she take a break,finished, or said special not canon...) like How May went to Johto.
                      We haven't seen much Gen VI pokémon either... I know Gen IV's anime didn't have any until the end either but it's strange for two generations in a row to wait until the end to show new pokémon...
                      If anime went to Hoenn much like how there was a return to Kanto in gen III's saga, I have no idea what it'll be about though...I guess they could put Sinnoh/Johto Bf in anime Hoenn ...

                      I guess if we're going by remakes don't count than this gen is over as of tommorow for us in the US...

                      I'm hoping that they add some clues either for remakes or gen VI soon as I'm starting to think this is the end...
                      Misty being in Hoenn has nothing to do with Gen 4 getting Gen 2 Remakes, neither did May's return in Sinnoh. Those were done for the fans and are two generations away from when the games were even planned. Its just a reoccuring thing that they do. Iris is going to appear in the Generation 6 Anime as at some point near the end.

                      Lyra in Sinnoh was still a tie in to Heart Gold/Soul Silver. She appears 5 days after the release but was known to appear in that episode weeks before the release. We haven't gotten that information yet. There is also still time before we know if we get Gen 6 or remakes anime wise. There is a year or so before we know if we even get Gen 6 thanks to B2W2.

                      We'll get the hint in one of the upcoming previews eventually if they plan on doing the Remakes. Especially since the end is close and so far only possible hint shown for what the future holds was
                      Spoiler:
                      TR's return to Kanto.
                      __________________
                        #638    
                      Old October 8th, 2012 (9:48 AM).
                      MrGriszell's Avatar
                      MrGriszell MrGriszell is offline
                      Madara
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 869
                        So I'm wondering if the remakes are for gen 5, we know its not likely for them to add brand new pokemon to remakes but how would you feel if they added new forms? It could work.
                        Think about gen 5's trio isn't available in game in BW2 you have to get them using the AR searcher , but if you don't have a 3ds you can still trade them over from BW.
                        Now lets say for the remakes they have something similar to the AR searcher but focuses on the caves the Regis are in. You can still catch pokemon and get items but you will also be able to catch a new form of the Regis and then transfer all 3 them to RS remake and unlock a new Regigias form.
                        Of course like the gen 5 trio if you don't have a 3ds you can just transfer them from your copy of BW2
                        As for what kind of form change there could be, we'll look at the gen 5 trio for an example. At first they were Genies now there more animalistic. So the Regis could be more animalistic . Maybe Regirock can be like some dinosaur because of the stoneage , Rigiice can be like a Mamoth or saber tooth tiger because of the ice age and Registeel can be some type of horse . And the new form of Regigias could be like a silver back gorilla .
                        Now mind you they would keep its same typing
                        What do you guys think
                          #639    
                        Old October 8th, 2012 (12:21 PM).
                        MiTjA's Avatar
                        MiTjA MiTjA is offline
                        Poké-atheist
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2005
                          Location: Slovenia
                          Age: 27
                          Nature: Serious
                          Posts: 587
                          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
                          There is always the possibility of them doing something completely new.

                          So for all we know they could do remakes, but still add new pokemon... interestingly I just realised this would actually erase the obligation to add another set of starters for the first time while introducing new pokemon! Since the starters would be the good old Hoenn ones.
                          __________________
                            #640    
                          Old October 8th, 2012 (1:24 PM).
                          MrGriszell's Avatar
                          MrGriszell MrGriszell is offline
                          Madara
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 869
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
                            There is always the possibility of them doing something completely new.

                            So for all we know they could do remakes, but still add new pokemon... interestingly I just realised this would actually erase the obligation to add another set of starters for the first time while introducing new pokemon! Since the starters would be the good old Hoenn ones.
                            That's sounds like a cool idea. But how would they do could you elaborate? Would these new pokemon be evolutions of older ones? How would the game explains why there are all of a sudden new pokemon?
                            Actually since remakes story lines takes priority over the original ones we technically never been to the hoen region . So the pokemon in the hoen dex now could just be pokemon that made it to other regions there can be plenty of pokemon in the hoen remake that nobody's ever seen before.

                            That's actually a pretty good idea. The. They could just make an download and play program so we can transfer those pokemon to our older games ( or maybe make it so you need a 3ds app to transfer those pokemon to older games ( Only BW2 th o) )therefore you can sell the games to every one who has a DS, DSI and 3ds ( which will make more money than them just selling it to those with the 3ds) but still giving an awesome new feature for those buys a 3ds( which promotes 3ds sales without alienating anyone)
                            Of course they would have to do something for random matchup so games without the data can still battle.

                            But good idea tho
                              #641    
                            Old October 8th, 2012 (1:29 PM).
                            Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                            Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2010
                              Gender: Other
                              Nature: Hasty
                              Posts: 5,601
                              They wouldn't be remakes if they did drastic changes like that. Remakes are rehashing the same old story with updated info. If remakes are done, we'll get Old Ruby/Sapphire with a few new twists, but nothing deviating from the main plot.

                              As for New Pokemon, that's highly unlikely. New Pokemon usually come with new games. Form Changes are plausable, but I can't see many Gen 3 Pokemon needing or getting new forms. It would be cool, but the form changes started with Gen 3 so you'd think they'd have already had them if they were supposed to.

                              I'm wonderin if they'll do a Pokewalker like thing with the remakes though. FR/LG got the first Wireless Trading adapter. HG/Ss got the Pokewalker. Would the R/S remakes get some wireless toy as well?
                              __________________
                                #642    
                              Old October 8th, 2012 (2:13 PM).
                              MrGriszell's Avatar
                              MrGriszell MrGriszell is offline
                              Madara
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 869
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                                They wouldn't be remakes if they did drastic changes like that. Remakes are rehashing the same old story with updated info. If remakes are done, we'll get Old Ruby/Sapphire with a few new twists, but nothing deviating from the main plot.

                                As for New Pokemon, that's highly unlikely. New Pokemon usually come with new games. Form Changes are plausable, but I can't see many Gen 3 Pokemon needing or getting new forms. It would be cool, but the form changes started with Gen 3 so you'd think they'd have already had them if they were supposed to.

                                I'm wonderin if they'll do a Pokewalker like thing with the remakes though. FR/LG got the first Wireless Trading adapter. HG/Ss got the Pokewalker. Would the R/S remakes get some wireless toy as well?
                                The changes wouldn't be too drastic .
                                Compare RB FR LG. a great many things changed , additional pokemon and region and added story. Overhaul of game mechanics not to mention color
                                So what thinking wouldn't be too much of a drastic change from the original

                                And the main story will pretty much be the same.
                                But I understand what you are saying tho.

                                I think they might experiment with the follow me feature again, only this time giving us an option of turning it on and off. And if the reception is good enough I think they will implement it in future generations
                                  #643    
                                Old October 10th, 2012 (4:39 PM).
                                KingCyndaquil's Avatar
                                KingCyndaquil KingCyndaquil is offline
                                Pokemon Master
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2009
                                  Location: Chicago
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 437
                                  I actually think that Emerald would be better to get remade than R/S would.

                                  While there is one major flaw, that they never put all of Hoenns' Pokemon in one game but they can work with the story a lot more because it featured both teams

                                  Crystal events were added to HG/SS but there wasn't a drastic change in story between G/S and C, just the events with Eusine and the extra attention to Suicune

                                  Emerald, on the other hand, had a drastic story change, adding both teams to the game thus extending gameplay by a few hours worth.

                                  I mean think about it, if R/S remakes come out, they would pay attention to their respective legend, completely eliminating Rayquaza from the main story and taking away the team rivalry Aqua and Magma shared.

                                  I really don't want them to work with a watered down story while Emerald was the better game in every aspect.
                                  __________________


                                  3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268
                                    #644    
                                  Old October 10th, 2012 (6:32 PM).
                                  LividZephyr LividZephyr is offline
                                  Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2012
                                    Location: Wisconsin, USA
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 447
                                    Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
                                    Ruby and Sapphire don't need remakes, since you can transfer your Pokemon from there to Gen IV, then to Gen V, and they don't look too dated, either.

                                    What I want instead is prequels for them, in which the origins of Team Aqua and Magma rise to struggle with each other, and things about the past of Archie and Maxie come to light. It would be a rather interesting new direction, albeit with the same Pokemon R/S brought us with later-gen additions like Dusknoir and Rhyperior. I'd also think that they should definitely make Deoxys available in-game, possibly as a plot legendary.

                                    Prequels would be a more intriguing way to go than a game that doesn't really need an update.
                                      #645    
                                    Old October 11th, 2012 (1:09 AM).
                                    MiTjA's Avatar
                                    MiTjA MiTjA is offline
                                    Poké-atheist
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2005
                                      Location: Slovenia
                                      Age: 27
                                      Nature: Serious
                                      Posts: 587
                                      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
                                      Yeah, I see more potential in ANYTHING than plain remakes.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
                                      I actually think that Emerald would be better to get remade than R/S would.

                                      While there is one major flaw, that they never put all of Hoenns' Pokemon in one game but they can work with the story a lot more because it featured both teams

                                      Crystal events were added to HG/SS but there wasn't a drastic change in story between G/S and C, just the events with Eusine and the extra attention to Suicune

                                      Emerald, on the other hand, had a drastic story change, adding both teams to the game thus extending gameplay by a few hours worth.

                                      I mean think about it, if R/S remakes come out, they would pay attention to their respective legend, completely eliminating Rayquaza from the main story and taking away the team rivalry Aqua and Magma shared.

                                      I really don't want them to work with a watered down story while Emerald was the better game in every aspect.
                                      Completely agree. So few people seem to understand this.
                                      Gamefreak don't make half-assed games.


                                      What do you think of my Emerald-key soltuion to this problem?

                                      After someone finishes R or S, they unlock the E-key, which can be sent to another unplayed R/S to change it into E.
                                      Similar to the keys in BW2, just on a bigger scale.

                                      That way if you got 2 games, it would be equivalent of buying one and the third version.
                                      __________________
                                        #646    
                                      Old October 11th, 2012 (9:21 AM).
                                      HyperXhydra's Avatar
                                      HyperXhydra HyperXhydra is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2011
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 331
                                        Perhaps there would be a new female character instead of May, but I don't think there's a reason to replace her.
                                          #647    
                                        Old October 11th, 2012 (9:35 AM).
                                        LividZephyr LividZephyr is offline
                                        Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2012
                                          Location: Wisconsin, USA
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 447
                                          Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
                                          After someone finishes R or S, they unlock the E-key, which can be sent to another unplayed R/S to change it into E.
                                          Similar to the keys in BW2, just on a bigger scale.

                                          That way if you got 2 games, it would be equivalent of buying one and the third version.
                                          I hate those Keys so so much. I wanna be able to play on hard mode from the beginning!

                                          I don't know if that would work, though, because there would have to be data for two completely different sets of dialogue and events, and that would completely limit what they could fit on one card.

                                          If they do remakes, they'd probably have two villain teams, but with one legendary making itself catchable to you. Of course, plain old remakes would be BORING because there wouldn't be a big difference at all!


                                          And they would not replace May. She's popular and was in the anime. Same goes for Dawn. And Hilda is popular too.
                                            #648    
                                          Old October 11th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
                                          KingCyndaquil's Avatar
                                          KingCyndaquil KingCyndaquil is offline
                                          Pokemon Master
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2009
                                            Location: Chicago
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 437
                                            The only way I can see them doing a story transfer thing is if they bring mixing records back, which is something I very highly doubt.
                                            __________________


                                            3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268
                                              #649    
                                            Old October 11th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
                                            rocky505's Avatar
                                            rocky505 rocky505 is offline
                                            <Now who's awesome!
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2008
                                              Location: Parrish, AL
                                              Age: 23
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 1,331
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by LividZephyr View Post
                                              Ruby and Sapphire don't need remakes, since you can transfer your Pokemon from there to Gen IV, then to Gen V, and they don't look too dated, either.
                                              pokemon availability doesn't matter. DS and DSlite are no longer being made so transferring from gen 3 for newcomers Is hard. Plus you could already catch all johto Pokemon through gen 3 and Dppt, so I guess that means johto shouldn't have been remade.
                                              __________________
                                              3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
                                                #650    
                                              Old October 11th, 2012 (1:02 PM).
                                              Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                                              Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jun 2010
                                                Gender: Other
                                                Nature: Hasty
                                                Posts: 5,601
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
                                                pokemon availability doesn't matter. DS and DSlite are no longer being made so transferring from gen 3 for newcomers Is hard. Plus you could already catch all johto Pokemon through gen 3 and Dppt, so I guess that means johto shouldn't have been remade.
                                                All but Deoxys/Jiranchi is available between normal game play through in both Gens 4 and 5. So you don't even need to transfer from Gen 3. Its possible to get all of the legends for Third Gen minus the Weather trio in Gen 5 alone. (this includes possible download events for Jiranchi and Deoxys as they are only handed out through events) To get the Weather trio you just have to transfer from HG/SS.

                                                Pokemon availability isn't an issue on the matter as its no longer relevant since all of the Hoenn Pokemon can be obtained through Gen 5 barring those mentioned above.

                                                Gens 1 and 2 were remade due to system changes that made the old games incompatible, they have since fixed the error and made sure future games didn't suffer the same problem.

                                                Only reason to remake Gen 3 is story and story alone.
                                                __________________
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:15 PM.