• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Strange House

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Oh my i just walked into to it and oh my this is not something expected to find in a pokemon game o-o it was eerieeee. I mean remember lavender town when it came out and i found it no where as eerie as this place. Also the books man they seem like something out of a creepy pasta. (i will post what they say a little bit later) And then the little girl she made me jump at the very end i thought i had walked into a creepy pasta scene. So what are your opinions on this house?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Also tells us about the past with the ghost girl from Marvelous Bridge. That was pretty cool. Now I'm wondering if she's the same girl from Sinnoh.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
will do i will make a short summary on all i know about her. (tommorow morning im going to bed XD)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
What house are you talking about?

I believe it's east of Lentimas Town. It's just called the Strange House.

Yep, I enjoyed it. At first I thought all the little furniture had Crustles under them lol I really liked the atmosphere around that area

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Its a large house just Right of reversal mountain, its easy to miss if you dont look carefully, just stick to the lower wall and keep going right you will find it

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I like the creepy stuff they add into the game. The puzzle was fun to solve too. And the music was amazing. Definitely a fun little place to explore.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Ghost Pokemon are Scary. And the moving furniture might trap you in that house forever. Maybe that is where the ghost pokemon come from - the poor souls trapped by the furniture! Do Not visit this place on your Round-Unova Vacation Adventure.

(just playing around. You wont get trapped. I think it is just a fun way of giving the player the Lunar Wing.)

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
It's impossible to get trapped! You can just reload! (JK I know you were playing) I know what house you're talking about now.

Sirfetch’d

I missed this house when I went to do the Reversal Mt. mission, but just went and did the house thing. Super Creepy. Very well set up and designed by GF.

Years
"I thought the furniture had little Crustles under them"
Lol'd
Anyway, the Strange House is really cool. I think the Lunar Wing is a nice, well, twist, I guess. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the music isn't as creepy as the OC in Sinnoh. Thank goodness. But the puzzle was nice.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Since the house give you the Lunar Wing, it would be cool if Darkrai was in the Strange House causing all the weirdness. (those two are rivals I think)

If Darkrai was there, I would probably need a new pair of pants. So, maybe it is a good thing he wasn't there. THAT would be TOO scary!

(P.S. don't say the D-Man's name three times in the same post, or he'll jump out a shadow and GET YOU!)

:15:

#isthenumbersign
Years
I wasted soooo many repels here. :(

But I thought it was interesting. I went in searching for the one Psychic trainer with the Spoink and it took me like an hour to figure out the puzzle. It didn't occur to me that one of the spaces blocked by furniture actually had a one tile length to walk past. Definitely felt stupid. But anyways, very creepy.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
I'm in this house right now - well before my DS battery started running low and I turned it off and let it charge. So I'm in the middle but I'm finding this interesting and creepy

Since we're on the topic of ghost Pokemon, fun fact; I only discovered about a week ago ghost it super effective against ghost lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I stumbled upon the Strange House and I was creeped out! "Oh look, a hidden house. I wonder who lives...here...."
I think it is by far the most creepy of all the "scary" Pokemon areas. The appearance, music, girl, and available Pokemon just make the area ooze scariness. I have yet to use the Lunar Wing but I'm glad I got to see it activate on Marvelous Bridge, along with the disappearing girl.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It was pretty creepy which I loved! I hated that I forgot to pick up Shadow Ball behind the house first time, though :D
The puzzle wasn't hard as you were directed where to go but the ghost girl pretty much could scare the crap outta children =D
Good one, GF, good one =D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
It was pretty creepy which I loved! I hated that I forgot to pick up Shadow Ball behind the house first time, though :D
The puzzle wasn't hard as you were directed where to go but the ghost girl pretty much could scare the crap outta children =D
Good one, GF, good one =D

Sh... Shadow Ball is behind the house? D: Now I have to go back, BLEH! xD

As for the topic itself, it... wasn't my favourite creepy landmark. I much preferred the Pokemon Tower in Kanto and the Old Chateau in Sinnoh. They just seemed so much more mysterious and eerie, and although I know the Strange House had a ghost too, like the Old Chateau, that fact that we know who she is and everything is explained kinda.... ruins it for me. :x I love things being explained, but at the same time, there's something pretty excited about something being there without any explanations. To this day the ghosts in Old Chateau still haven't got any PROPER back-story and I really just love that <3

The puzzle isn't that much better either, sadly. :< I just... didn't get it? I have the Lunar Wing and everything, but I remember going into an empty room after getting the furniture to move for the first time and was sure that room had something to do with the puzzle, but all I had to do was go through the basement again to get the furniture to move where I wanted it to, making this room pretty useless. I even used the Dowsing Machine in there to see if there was anything hidden- nothing. :\

I'm not saying it's bad; it's actually a pretty interesting location. I don't know, maybe I'm a sucker for stuff being there without reason? xD

Back