ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old October 12th, 2012 (1:11 AM). Edited October 12th, 2012 by Dylanrockin.
That guy

Nature: Timid
    I'm having troubles editing Pokemon Trainers, A-Trainer keeps giving me the "Subscript out of range" bs, and PET sometimes wont let me fully edit the Pokemon, and by that I mean it wont let me edit their movesets, and abilities. For example: I hover over the moves that the Pokemon can learn, and the scroll bar does not appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the specific problem: Subscript out of range [email protected]
    Someone said it had something to do with sprites, first off I disagree, because I ran this on a clean rom, and it did not matter at all.

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 12th, 2012 (7:44 AM).

Hi, does anyone know of a Fire Red patch with full decapitalisation (one that includes the scripts)?

Thank you.
      Old October 12th, 2012 (8:07 AM).
      paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
        Only for the german firered on board.romresources.net
        But you can easily do it in 3 Steps.
        1: Take Amplifier, open the name changer and export the item/pokemon/whatever list.

2:Open Excel or Openoffice and change all letters except the first of each line. In both there is a function for it.

3: Import the list with amplifier and click "patch".

Then you are finished!

www.board.romresources.net

I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
        Old October 12th, 2012 (8:43 AM).
        Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by raging-inferno-1986 View Post
          Hi, does anyone know of a Fire Red patch with full decapitalisation (one that includes the scripts)?

Thank you.
          Look in the Rom Hacking Resources thread, I'm pretty sure somebody posted one a while ago. But doing it yourself doesn't take as long as you would think.

YAPE to decapitalize the pokemon names.
          Download "Move Editor" which has an option to decapitalize all the moves for you.
          A-text for things such as "RUN" and "FIGHT"
          Item editors can easily do the items.
          This way you can modify it without the possibility of your work being messed up...
          Old October 12th, 2012 (9:50 AM).

Hey all, my friend and I both use emulators to play fire red. They have macs and their speed up maxes out around 200% while my pc version and almost touch 1000%. Is there a way to allow there's to be as fast as mine? What causes the difference?
            Old October 12th, 2012 (9:52 AM).
            • Crystal Tier

Try turning the sound off; not muting it, but turning it off. Though it may depend on your computer's specs etc.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
            Old October 12th, 2012 (10:11 AM).

I have a quick question, when I use overworld editor to import my Raichu sprite and I checked import sprite and import pallet, but after import my imported Raichu colour are diffrent with my original Raichu sprite, for example : before

After:

Can everyone say with me what happen is this? I already checked import pallet but why same pallet is not same of my Raichu?

Thanks.
              Attached Images
              File Type: png dif.PNG‎ (398 Bytes, 65 views) (Save to Dropbox)
              File Type: png orgn.png‎ (408 Bytes, 65 views) (Save to Dropbox)
              Old October 13th, 2012 (12:30 AM).
              Memento Mori
              • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
              I have a quick question, when I use overworld editor to import my Raichu sprite and I checked import sprite and import pallet, but after import my imported Raichu colour are diffrent with my original Raichu sprite, for example : before

After:

Can everyone say with me what happen is this? I already checked import pallet but why same pallet is not same of my Raichu?

Thanks.
              I don't exactly know what are you asking but if you are asking why the OW changes when you import the original Raichu it's because you're importing Raichu without the new pallete.
              You don't have many palletes, though so I would be careful with importing palletes

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
              Old October 13th, 2012 (4:44 AM).
              Pokemon Moon Creator

Can someone help?

I've inserted my Prof. sprite in the intro and for some reason these pixels apeared on him.Cedar Intro.PNG

Also when he releases the pokeball the whole screen flashes white for a second instead of just those little yellow lines appearing.intro problem.PNG
                Thanks in advance for the help
                Old October 13th, 2012 (5:08 AM).
                THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

OK, I want to import overworld sprites for some 5th Gen Pokemon into a FireRed rom. How do I do it? I have Overworld Editor but I run into all sorts of problems.
                  I also need to know how to replace a trainer sprite?
                  Old October 13th, 2012 (6:52 AM).

I'm having problems with Advanced Text. I can't delete text from the game. So far all attempts at it have just led to the text being removed from Advanced Text but still being ingame. So, how do I properly delete text? Do I just remove all the text from one of those files things(like "Rival 1") instead of deleting the file? Or would that cause a blank textbox to appear ingame?
                    Old October 13th, 2012 (8:34 AM).

So, I'm using the JPAN Hacked Engine for Fire Red. Mainly, because I need to use his Runtime Trainer Customization function. I kinda figured out how it works through the .doc, but I have a problem with the way it works. I used the Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition to edit the basic hero sprites (hero standing and hero walking). I figured that by the time I use my Runtime Trainer Customization script, I still don't have my Running Shoes, Bike, VS Seeker or Fishing Rod, so why change those sprites. I wanted to use the first command (Setvar 0x4054) to change my walking/standing Hero to the original look. I would change the look of a random NPC to that of the original Hero, so that when I use the 'Setvar 0x4054' command, my hero would have the original look again. To pre-test it, I just used the 'Setvar 0x4054'-command on a random NPC. I gave myself the Running Shoes, to see how it would look. When I went outside and ran, I didn't get the old Hero look though, it was the random NPC 'gliding'. No running animation, just the basic standing sprite moving through the screen.

How can I get it to work that I start the game with my 'new' Hero look, then have the command change my appearance, so that the rest of the game I look like the old/normal Hero?
                      Old October 13th, 2012 (9:04 AM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Rumille View Post
                        So, I'm using the JPAN Hacked Engine for Fire Red. Mainly, because I need to use his Runtime Trainer Customization function. I kinda figured out how it works through the .doc, but I have a problem with the way it works. I used the Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition to edit the basic hero sprites (hero standing and hero walking). I figured that by the time I use my Runtime Trainer Customization script, I still don't have my Running Shoes, Bike, VS Seeker or Fishing Rod, so why change those sprites. I wanted to use the first command (Setvar 0x4054) to change my walking/standing Hero to the original look. I would change the look of a random NPC to that of the original Hero, so that when I use the 'Setvar 0x4054' command, my hero would have the original look again. To pre-test it, I just used the 'Setvar 0x4054'-command on a random NPC. I gave myself the Running Shoes, to see how it would look. When I went outside and ran, I didn't get the old Hero look though, it was the random NPC 'gliding'. No running animation, just the basic standing sprite moving through the screen.

How can I get it to work that I start the game with my 'new' Hero look, then have the command change my appearance, so that the rest of the game I look like the old/normal Hero?
                        Two ways you could do this. (Second is better)

One would be to make the "original" hero (OW #0) you're edited hero so you start out with it automatically, and then change it to the normal one when you want.

Second, if you want to keep hero #0 the original OW (for reasons such as when you're naming your character, this is the one that shows up, etc...actualy this option is better), make the first map you go to a black screen that covers the player (Edit one of the tiles in any palette to include a black tile that isn't a background). Then make a level script in that black map that will setvar 0x4054 0x0 and then warp you to your original starting map, and then continue from there.

Since JPAN's hack doesn't work with Start Map Chooser Advance, I would just Map 4.1 (starting map) the black map, and then just edit the map that was there to another one (CTRL + right click for grosser block so you can completely copy the old map).
                        Old October 13th, 2012 (9:29 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by itman View Post
                          Two ways you could do this. (Second is better)

One would be to make the "original" hero (OW #0) you're edited hero so you start out with it automatically, and then change it to the normal one when you want.

Second, if you want to keep hero #0 the original OW (for reasons such as when you're naming your character, this is the one that shows up, etc...actualy this option is better), make the first map you go to a black screen that covers the player (Edit one of the tiles in any palette to include a black tile that isn't a background). Then make a level script in that black map that will setvar 0x4054 0x0 and then warp you to your original starting map, and then continue from there.

Since JPAN's hack doesn't work with Start Map Chooser Advance, I would just Map 4.1 (starting map) the black map, and then just edit the map that was there to another one (CTRL + right click for grosser block so you can completely copy the old map).
                          I tried the first way, but that caused the problem of my Hero 'gliding' after using setvar. The running sprites didn't copy, since (when you use Overworld Editor you'll see it very well) most OW-sprites don't have the running animation programmed. The second way could work, I kinda thought of that (the use the script before anything else-method), but didn't really knew how. Using black tiles seems like a good idea.

And SMCA doesn't work with JPAN's hack, but I already knew which map was going to be the starter map, so I first used SMCA, thén JPAN's hack. Seems to work.

I'll try your method, I'll let you know if it worked.
                          Old October 13th, 2012 (9:36 AM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                            I don't exactly know what are you asking but if you are asking why the OW changes when you import the original Raichu it's because you're importing Raichu without the new pallete.
                            You don't have many palletes, though so I would be careful with importing palletes.
                            After I import the original Raichu to my rom, it's became the after Raichu at my rom, I wonder is the Rom missing some palletes? If it I can add palletes to the Rom?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, Thanks.
                            Old October 13th, 2012 (11:56 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
                              After I import the original Raichu to my rom, it's became the after Raichu at my rom, I wonder is the Rom missing some palletes? If it I can add palletes to the Rom?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, Thanks.
                              Use NSE (the older version).
                              Import the palette and the not the image.
                              Go to Edit>Palette and look at the first color (top left).
                              Change that to the background color and change the background color wherever that is with the color you just replaced (example, if 0000 was in the top left, and the intended background is C439, swap the two wherever they may be. So the first color would be C439 and the old C439 becomes 0000).
                              Export the blank image with that palette.
                              Open that up in paint.
                              Post your Raichu in it.
                              Then re import.

BY THE WAY if you are using Windows 7, the new paint does NOT support indexed images. If you want to know how to put the old version of paint on your computer, ask me (since it's impossible to do any of this with Windows 7 paint).
                              Old October 13th, 2012 (12:03 PM).
                              THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

If I patch the hacked engine to my almost fully edited rom, will anything terrible happen?
                                Old October 13th, 2012 (12:59 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Skara View Post
                                  If I patch the hacked engine to my almost fully edited rom, will anything terrible happen?
                                  Best way to find out is to make a copy of your rom and patch the copy.
                                  Old October 13th, 2012 (8:00 PM).

Quote:
                                    Just use the tool included and pick the space it wants you to use. That's what it was made for.
                                    Old October 13th, 2012 (8:12 PM).
                                    Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
                                      No, nothing horrible will happen the only thing that will happen is all the old scripts from FireRed will be gone but, as for everything else nothing bad will happen... But, you may be using the old scripts so it's best to keep a backup of your Rom. Just In Case you don't like the result...
                                      Old October 14th, 2012 (4:40 AM). Edited October 14th, 2012 by Rumille.

Is there a good Hex editing for Pokemon Fire Red tutorial out there? Want to get it all figured out.

I remember reading a post here which explained perfectly how to use pointers in Hex Editor (changing 900000 to 00 00 90 08 or something like that for example).
                                        Old October 14th, 2012 (5:15 AM).

How do I delete text in Advanced Text without leaving a blank textbox in game where the text used to be?
                                          Old October 14th, 2012 (6:39 AM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by itman View Post
                                            Use NSE (the older version).
                                            Import the palette and the not the image.
                                            Go to Edit>Palette and look at the first color (top left).
                                            Change that to the background color and change the background color wherever that is with the color you just replaced (example, if 0000 was in the top left, and the intended background is C439, swap the two wherever they may be. So the first color would be C439 and the old C439 becomes 0000).
                                            Export the blank image with that palette.
                                            Open that up in paint.
                                            Post your Raichu in it.
                                            Then re import.

BY THE WAY if you are using Windows 7, the new paint does NOT support indexed images. If you want to know how to put the old version of paint on your computer, ask me (since it's impossible to do any of this with Windows 7 paint).
                                            Thanks you ! Finally I fixed this problem, thanks.
                                            Old October 14th, 2012 (6:55 AM).
                                            Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Location: A small country in the North
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Rumille View Post
                                              Is there a good Hex editing for Pokemon Fire Red tutorial out there? Want to get it all figured out.

I remember reading a post here which explained perfectly how to use pointers in Hex Editor (changing 900000 to 00 00 90 08 or something like that for example).
                                              Here is a simple explanation of how GBA pointers work:
                                              http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pointer#Game_Boy_Advance_Pointers

What you also want to know that the pointers in every GBA pokemon game are little-endian. Not sure whether I should link you directly into that tutorial but whatever. If moderators happen to remove the link, search "datacrystal pointer" through google.

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                                              CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                                              -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                                              Old October 14th, 2012 (12:10 PM).
                                              Collecting dust since 1898

What's the palette offset for this box in the battle screen [in Emerald]?

Also, is there a different way to change the regional Dex in Emerald and Fire Red than changing the National Dex? It makes the descriptions switch up.
                                                Closed Thread

Quick Reply