• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

STRIKE A POSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Ah, Madonna. Material Girl of the 80's, sexual siren of the 90's and trainwreck ever since 2003. I had actually forgotten she released an album this year, lol. Oh well. i love her though
So - let's talk about the Queen of Controversy, Madonna. Do you like her music? What's your favorite album? What do you think of her fall from power in recent years/albums, with the rise of Gaga particularly affecting her? Please, don't list your answers. Blend them together! Talk about anything in regards to her, for the more you talk about her, the longer this animated skeleton hag can stay alive in 2012.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I actually don't mind a lot of her music. 'Vogue', 'Ray of Light', 'Hung Up' etc. There's some good stuff in her catalogue, that's for sure. I just get annoyed whenever I see her on TV, be it in an interview or walking down a red carpet or even just seeing her in the occasional film (when she's trying to be a SERIOUS! AC-TOR!) Then she just drives me completely up the wall with her holier-than-thou attitude and her attempts to be British and be a film director (HA!) and it makes one forget about her actual musical accomplishments.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I don't actually know a lot about Madonna (except her new LUV song isn't... great and Joan Rivers loves to make fun of her superbuff body), but I really enjoyed the Madonna episode of Glee if that counts!

Vogue is probably my favourite of her songs.

Years
I actually don't mind a lot of her music. 'Vogue', 'Ray of Light', 'Hung Up' etc. There's some good stuff in her catalogue, that's for sure. I just get annoyed whenever I see her on TV, be it in an interview or walking down a red carpet or even just seeing her in the occasional film (when she's trying to be a SERIOUS! AC-TOR!) Then she just drives me completely up the wall with her holier-than-thou attitude and her attempts to be British and be a film director (HA!) and it makes one forget about her actual musical accomplishments.
She was astounding in Evita, and that's all that really matters.

I love Madonna. I recently downloaded her entire discography - I highly recommend it. Hopefully, one day I'll have time to listen to everything. :B

Confessions is my favorite, though, LBR. It's flaw free.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The only album I like of her's is Ray of Light. I like her take-it-all-by-the-throat, forceful and relentless attitude when dealing with the industry, but I don't like how she's become a bitter old hag and likes to start a lot of crap at her concerts about Lady Gaga.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
but I don't like how she's become a bitter old hag and likes to start a lot of crap at her concerts about Lady Gaga.

This. I cannot STAND this ****. Get over it, seriously. I heard at one of her concerts she was like "she's not me!" Well...no duh? I'm glad she's not, lol.

Anyway, in regards to her music, I do like Confessions on a Dance Floor. I don't care for anything else, really. Never been interested. My sister, however, worships her. If you can call it that. She's like "omg madonna" and all, however one time my aunt was talking to her about some of her 90's music and she was like "lol wut" so...lol. If you're going to claim you love an artist (and believe me, she does this constantly) and call them your favorite, you should probably have listened to...every song they've put out, lol. She hadn't even heard of her 90's hits, and she only has about 6 Madonna songs on her iPod. Maybe it's not right to criticize how another knows their favorite artist, but still, with a huge discography like Madonna's, you'd expect she know more.

This is more of a rant on my sister really, but I mean...it's like the case with One Direction and Call of Duty. The fans ruin it. And when you live with the one of the self proclaimed biggest fans who isn't even half the fan I am of my favorite band, then...yeah. lol

btw isn't that line in hung up "wearing furry thongs baby fly away"? RIGHT? RIGHT!?!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I like the 80's/90's Madonna even though I was born on 2001. My mom told me lots of stories about her. She described Madonna as a 'rising star who changed over the years.' After stories about her, I started searching her songs. They were pretty decent, an 'okay' from me. But when she released her latest songs, like the 'Gimme All Your Luvin'' thing, my opinion on her changed. Especially the video of 'Girl Gone Wild.' She's pretty old, yeah, and she shouldn't be doing what she's doing right now, no offense. She's getting too old for that kind of thing, you know?

But all in all, my favorite song from her was 'Material Girl.'

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
The Super Bowl halftime this year was pretty bad until Cee Lo Green showed up. I'd say fifteen minutes of Madonna lipsynching is more than enough. She hasn't been good in twenty years, and she's like 50 and trying to be 24 again. Why should I care? She's a relic of the past trying to find modern use. Maybe she's a cassette player - 80s technology that's no longer relevant today. And she plays music, too. She lipsynchs. Her music isn't as good as it used to be.

Nothing more to add...

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I think the last true great Madonna album was Ray Of Light, particularly because of the title song, Ray of Light, Frozen and The Power of Goodbye. Magnificent songs - the last remnant of Madonna's maturity in my opinion.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Madonna is alright, she's not horrible. My mom loves her so I had to listen to her play the CD in car when I was younger. She does have talent.

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
I'm not really a huge fan of Madonna; the only album I really enjoy from her is Ray of Light. It's nothing like she had ever done - very personal, spiritual, and reflective. I think it was the first modern pop album to successfully bring electronic and pop together without it being over the top. Every track is great, but my favorites would have to be Sky Fits Heaven, Swim, and Drowned World/Substitute for Love. I wasn't really familiar with her risque image back in the early 90's with the sex book and Erotica, so I was impressed with how she reinvented herself to stay on top with ROL. It's definitely one of the best albums of the 90's.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Please don't post in threads that are over a month old. You're more than welcome to start a new thread on Madonna, if you so wish. Thanks!

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back