• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do/Did you like going to school

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
This effects everyone on this forum

Do I like going to school
I used like going to primary/elementary school because I had the best teacher in the world. Now thanks to a boy in my year in high school I hate going to school and I'm forced to go there.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
For the mostpart I really enjoy school. I'm the top student in my year level and I get along with a lot of people and have some really amazing friends. School was where for me, I've had the happiest memories. The fun the laughter, the times where you can look back on it all and wish you could re-live it over again...

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I wake up in the morning, or am about to fall asleep in Health and Human Dev class and think "I honeslty I can't be bothered."

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
Years
I always did, and still do enjoy going to school (which is now a university) - it's the place where I meet most of my friends. Which doesn't imply I liked going to certain classes (i.e Biology or any language classes)

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
I'm freshman in college right now so I think, school really had got me back then. I miss my old friends and teachers; since I need a pretty long time to adjust with my new schedule and environment.

At first, I had some trouble with classes and social life at school, but now, I'm missing it all over again.

But I do enjoy going to college. It is a fun place and now I have several good friends that usually hangs out with me right now. I also like to attend several classes. I'm taking Psychology major, so that's quite of a fun for me.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I enjoyed the social aspect a ton, but having to wake up at 5AM was brutal. There was a ton of drama around/before my graduation because our valedictorian was a known cheater and it really ended a lot of friendships, so my last memories were not that great. I think high school puts too much pressure on youth.

My opinion about my high school experience is really mixed, I guess I liked it. I loved K-5, though.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i like going to school bcuz my class is just awesome <3 <3
the teachers are also nice except some but nowadays my teachers are giving a lot of homework xD XD

Years
Up until high school, I don't miss it. Back then, I was a kid, and classes could be dull. Also, high school did not interest me. I wasn't popular and in general it wasn't agreeable with me.

I really miss college, though. Classes were far more interesting and flexible. If I had the money, I'd go back. But I don't, so the workforce it is!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I loved going to elementary school.

Now, it depends on the prof, classmates, subject, etc. For the most part I either dislike/feel neutral about a class.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Honestly? Yes. And I can't believe I'm saying this now.

When I was younger(and by younger, I mean about middle-school aged or so), I really, really, really hated school. To the point where I literally did not feel like getting up out of bed or it. This progressed until sometime during Junior and Senior year, when my feeling towards school started to change a bit.

I started to realize that being home all of the time is kind of boring, and that hanging out with friends is way more fun than just sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. Now that I'm in college, the fact that I can just go visit over there and do pretty much whatever makes me happy enough. I can socialize with the people that I know over there without fear, and things like that.

In short, I like quite a bit of social interaction. School is also a place I can get away to if I don't feel like being home! So yeah, it's really cool. n_n

#isthenumbersign
Years
Being in college, classes are, or should ultimately be more suited towards your interests. That's how it is with me at least, which is why I like it more than high school. And of course all the social aspects are enjoyable too! So yes, I love school. At least until it's exam time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I hated school back then, I wasn't much of a fan for various reasons. I'm not gonna go into detail though. Upon coming to college, I started to become very enthusiastic about it, because *this* is my life under construction. To this day, I enjoy school, and I enjoy it for a very good reason.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I love school, and I am depressed because I am not in it.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I hated high school/primary school but I love college. One of the reasons why I can think of is that the teachers would demand respect that they frankly didn't deserve and of course, I would immediately disrespect a teacher who thought they were so high and might to demand respect by words, position and posturing alone rather than earn it.

Respect is earned, not given freely and if it is given freely, it's a worthless bauble.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I liked my elementary school years. Middle school and high school had more work cut out for me, but I still enjoyed them nonetheless. College, I'm not so sure about right now.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I loved my grammar school. Graduating class of ten, able to eat in math...ah good times, good times. Now i hate high school...dont really know why though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yes I do, although I hated going to Primary school (elementary school for some of you) from years 1-5 but come 6, I loved going to school because I had a very good teacher. Loved going school every since, but this time, in Secondary school (middle and high school for some of you) I love going to school, not because of the teachers but because of my friends.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
No.

Well, really, like the others, my answer depends on what time of my education it was at. I liked it through third grade, hated it in fourth and fifth, despised all three years of middle school (6-8), hated it again my first two years in high school, somewhat enjoyed it junior and senior year, then community college which was a royal waste of time, then I enjoyed it at university as it was all interesting and relevant to me, because I chose the right major.

This thread first caught my attention as about public schooling, before going to a proper university. I really enjoyed my last two years - the two at university for my four-year degree - the most. I enjoyed middle school and community college the least, followed by years 4, 5, 9, and 10 in some order. Part of it was my growth, and that of those around me, as there were always jerkwads trying to make my life miserable because they were pathetic individuals that needed to have someone to be bigger than. Best memory of middle school was, at the end of eighth grade, one of those guys came up to me out of the blue, admitted that he had been a jerk, and apologized. I never saw him again because he went to a different high school.

Really, maturity is a big part of it. Middle school was torture because I was victimized, the classes were boring and too general, and I saw no point in it due to my own lack of maturity.

I really wish I could have my childhood back so I could do it right...

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Ive always hated school and still do. I hate everything about it. I like learning things but not alot of that goes on in public school. Hopefully college will be better. Cant wait to graduate.

Back