• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Community Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

servine101

hatched, evolved egg
Years
I cant wait for this to happen tomorrow :D

I cant wait for this thing to happen :D

I cant wait for this thing to happen tomorrow :D

Last edited:

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
Is the battles/trades going to be pokemon white/black pearl/diamond or black2/white2? I personaly would like it to be black2/white2 and are there any rules about the battles/trades such as banned pokemon in the tournaments like Genesect or Arceus?

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
This sounds fun, i'll probably be there around 3pm - 5pm EST :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Is the battles/trades going to be pokemon white/black pearl/diamond or black2/white2? I personaly would like it to be black2/white2 and are there any rules about the battles/trades such as banned pokemon in the tournaments like Genesect or Arceus?
Community Night will be held on the PC Battle Server. You can access it via www.tinyurl.com/tpcbattleserver. The rules vary depending on which tournament theme we are currently using. I'll update the first post with the ban list for all the major tiers. Random Battle has no rules, because it's simply randomly generated teams. 1v1 has no rules other than the standard clauses.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
So...I'd say that's easily the best Community Night we've had before. CN6 was much more active and more enjoyable than any of the last ones. We still have a lot of room for improvement, but this CN was definitely a success. Just saying, we peaked at around 20 or more members last night, which is likely the most we ever had online at once (especially for the newer version of the PC Battle Server).

Anyway, in the next CN the tournaments could be spanned out throughout the day better. Because CN now lasts an entire day (much better than the 3-5 hour restriction), we can assign times to when each tournament starts. Judging from yesterday, each tournament took from 1 to 2 hours to complete, depending on if it was a "best out of three" tour and if everyone was prepared. And next time I'm going to use Challonge entirely without the use of a thread.

Also, only in the late evening did we have time to do either the intro to battling and CCAT (but we ended up not doing either), so I think Community Night should stick to tournaments and a few minor events. Then again, that was from my point of view, and I was hosting CN and all of its tournaments at the time.

We agreed unofficially that the next CN should happen around the same week as Halloween, and we could host some Halloween themed tournaments at that time. If you guys have any feedback, feel free to post.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just saying, we peaked at around 20 or more members last night, which is likely the most we ever had online at once (especially for the newer version of the PC Battle Server).

We agreed unofficially that the next CN should happen around the same week as Halloween, and we could host some Halloween themed tournaments at that time. If you guys have any feedback, feel free to post.

v the highest recorded!!
Spoiler:

But yeah I was thinking about ideas for that earlier and I was thinking maybe also a monotype (kinda!) tour of psychic/dark/ghost (and fighting?) only, but with every other tour on the day for each team to include one ghost type (FOR SPOOKY) and for each tour to have a specific creepy name. I thiiink there are good enough ghosts to suit this role every tier but that just might mean OU has a lot of Gengar, oh well! Also everyone should use the creepy old lady avatar but that'd be optional.

Or... make a ghost tourney as in, one Pokemon is Missingno so you can only use five overall!!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Perhaps make a team based around a certain ghost-type Pokemon, or a monotype team of the majority's choice? This could be like a community-made team, like what wolf was supposed to do (was he able to? idk since I left, it was very late that time lol). Sounds like something fun that everyone can participate into.

Years
You can't just leave it with ghosts, they're only a part of Halloween! ;;o;; How about some dark types and particular pokemon from the Monster Egg group? :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I'm sure there a few other Pokémon that are related to fall too like Sawsbuck (fall version) and Carnivine.

Also everyone should use the creepy old lady avatar but that'd be optional.
lol! Everyone should change their usernames to something Halloween-themed or creepy on the next CD (that abbreviation sounds weird now fff).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Annnd we need to decide on the date soon. Does Saturday, October 27th (for EST?) sound good?

Another idea: we could have an exclusive emblem for this Community Day that's Halloween themed (i.e. Gengar on it instead of Emboar).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It sounds quite wonderful Wolf !! Wait except it's not actually Halloween. ;(

But ya, Gengar > Emboar sounds great too. n_n

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
It sounds quite wonderful Wolf !! Wait except it's not actually Halloween. ;(
Because a lot of people would be busy on Halloween. 8( The weekend before Halloween should be good enough.

But ya, Gengar > Emboar sounds great too. n_n
Well, that was just an example. There's probably something that fits it more.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually ya, people barely play OU here let's choose a NU mon instead!!

tbh it's a matter of finding images really, but if a NU Pokemon then I vote Misdreavus or Haunter.

Years
27th October sounds like a pretty good date. Close enough to Halloween anyway. :)

On the subject of emblem, I'll definitely vote for Banette. It's a scary Pokémon AND a NU one...not a very good one, but still! ^^

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
I'm sure there a few other Pokémon that are related to fall too like Sawsbuck (fall version) and Carnivine.

lol! Everyone should change their usernames to something Halloween-themed or creepy on the next CD (that abbreviation sounds weird now fff).

wait which creepy old lady?

88OLZ.gif
?

maybe lets do a trick or treat battles thing

banette is also a really cool pokemon, should probably have an evolution though

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay so, the first post has been stylized to a more appropriate Halloween theme. The tournament themes have been updated, along with a schedule that accompanies them. All tournaments will be "Best of Three" this time around just so you all know (instead of flip-flopping like last time). Planning has now ended, and now we just wait until CommDay is here! Also, a Halloween-themed emblem will be added soon.

wait which creepy old lady?
fSFDz.png

maybe lets do a trick or treat battles thing
Didn't Smogon do this? What is it anyway?

Last edited:

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Okay so, the first post has been stylized to a more appropriate Halloween theme. The tournament themes have been updated, along with a schedule that accompanies them. All tournaments will be "Best of Three" this time around just so you all know (instead of flip-flopping like last time). Planning has now ended, and now we just wait until CommDay is here! Also, a Halloween-themed emblem will be added soon.

fSFDz.png

Didn't Smogon do this? What is it anyway?

Reminds me of the hikers :(

The trick or treat thing was just me being stupid to get 25char, but uh I guess you could do something where like users can be 'houses' and you get 'candy' if you win, not really sure lol

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
The trick or treat thing was just me being stupid to get 25char, but uh I guess you could do something where like users can be 'houses' and you get 'candy' if you win, not really sure lol
Oh, I thought I saw something similar on Smogon. I'm probably thinking of that Darkrai moveset named "Trick or Treat" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back