The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 22nd, 2012 (4:11 AM).
RNG Sommelier

Nature: Brave
Try the guide that is in 2nd post of this thread, it might help you. Yes you can RNG a Tepig like this, I remeber that Miakalina had a couple of starters RNGed, maybe you should directly ask her for help?

(I did that once but she had an easier method IIRC)

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old October 22nd, 2012 (4:23 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2012 by Tepig666.

Which one should i read, Capturing Flawless Shiny Pokémon? Do we still need to Abuse our ID/SID to get the tepig I want? Correct me if i am wrong, do you have a specifed guide on rng a starter? I still lost aftering reading all this. Forgive me :( Please Help!!
    Old October 22nd, 2012 (4:36 AM).

Hello! I'm back! I guess none of you could remember my old posts...Yeah, I'm the one who couldn't hit the delay of Gen 4. And the one who's the noob of this RNG abusing for IVs thing. (Seriously, I can only do RNG abusing for Shiny Pokemon, and those are only for eggs, without hitting delays. I sometimes can't even hit the right frame, blowing the run. -_-) So...I've gotten my copy of Black 2, and I was just wondering how to RNG abuse there. Is there any difference that I must know, and stuff?
      Because this is pretty much my first time on picking up Generation 5 RNG and I got the short stick, because egg RNG's gone, apparently. Why, anyway? Maybe wandering NPCs? Too bad I was impatient and rushed to obtain Genesect, because I can't do this whole RNG thing...and it was a good target to do, but I'm still early in the game, so maybe it isn't a good idea anyway. Maybe it'd be better for me to restart or something? Because I really don't wanna do that. So, that's it from me, thanks!
      Old October 22nd, 2012 (7:26 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2012 by johnny18.
      Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die

Nature: Lonely
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tepig666 View Post
      Which one should i read, Capturing Flawless Shiny Pokémon? Do we still need to Abuse our ID/SID to get the tepig I want? Correct me if i am wrong, do you have a specifed guide on rng a starter? I still lost aftering reading all this. Forgive me :( Please Help!!
      You still need to abuse your ID/SID in order to obtain the shiny starter. Here is the guide I picked up from Smogon for you. Hope this will help :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30822

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
      Hello! I'm back! I guess none of you could remember my old posts...Yeah, I'm the one who couldn't hit the delay of Gen 4. And the one who's the noob of this RNG abusing for IVs thing. (Seriously, I can only do RNG abusing for Shiny Pokemon, and those are only for eggs, without hitting delays. I sometimes can't even hit the right frame, blowing the run. -_-) So...I've gotten my copy of Black 2, and I was just wondering how to RNG abuse there. Is there any difference that I must know, and stuff?
      Because this is pretty much my first time on picking up Generation 5 RNG and I got the short stick, because egg RNG's gone, apparently. Why, anyway? Maybe wandering NPCs? Too bad I was impatient and rushed to obtain Genesect, because I can't do this whole RNG thing...and it was a good target to do, but I'm still early in the game, so maybe it isn't a good idea anyway. Maybe it'd be better for me to restart or something? Because I really don't wanna do that. So, that's it from me, thanks!
      First of all, trying to focus on the question that you want to ask. I had a hard time to answer since your questions jump from one thing to another.
      For RNG abuse in B2W2, as I said before, the concept is the same as BW and is indicated in TwilightBlade's guide on the 2nd post of this thread. The only difference is that you cannot RNG an egg in B2W2.
      If I remember correctly, the reason we cannot RNG eggs in B2W2 is because of something called static seed which prevents us to get what we want from the first egg.
      About your genesect, if you already took it but you want to RNG it again, I think you may just restart the game again since you are not far from the game. That's what I would do but it is up to you. Hope I answered all of your questions :)
      Old October 22nd, 2012 (7:58 PM).
      la justice

Nature: Timid
      So, we can't RNG eggs in B2W2? Well that...sucks. XD Oh well though. RNG it in Black, hatch, trade over to B2, GET MOVE TUTOR MOVES, trade back to Black. I have to do that anyway cause I use Pokecheck to clone so it needs to be in my OT and blah blah. I can't wait to RNG all those legendaries at the end of the game though. But the no eggs thing...is a huge bummer, ngl.

/haven't posted here in forever sup guys

some princes don't become kings.
      Old October 23rd, 2012 (1:36 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
        You still need to abuse your ID/SID in order to obtain the shiny starter. Here is the guide I picked up from Smogon for you. Hope this will help :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30822

First of all, trying to focus on the question that you want to ask. I had a hard time to answer since your questions jump from one thing to another.
        For RNG abuse in B2W2, as I said before, the concept is the same as BW and is indicated in TwilightBlade's guide on the 2nd post of this thread. The only difference is that you cannot RNG an egg in B2W2.
        If I remember correctly, the reason we cannot RNG eggs in B2W2 is because of something called static seed which prevents us to get what we want from the first egg.
        About your genesect, if you already took it but you want to RNG it again, I think you may just restart the game again since you are not far from the game. That's what I would do but it is up to you. Hope I answered all of your questions :)
        Well, okay...I just need this figured out: are there any differences that I must be aware of at all? Anything different in the whole process? At all?
        Old October 23rd, 2012 (1:55 AM).
        RNG Sommelier

There are no new egg moves, Syster :D So it's not that bad that you can't RNG breed.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
        /haven't posted here in forever sup guys
        You're always welcome here, as everybody :B

/join #tradecorner !!!

Quote:
        Well, okay...I just need this figured out: are there any differences that I must be aware of at all? Anything different in the whole process? At all?
        The process is exactly the same, but this time you can have up to 15 timer0s per second. It's recommended to use DS Lite/Classic because you can get right results much easier.

Mac and I will be finally restarting the Club, we're not sure about the concept yet, but it will be soon so have your eyes opened :D

クリムガン
        It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
        Old October 23rd, 2012 (2:36 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post

Sorry, can't quote the url. That the guide i read and have trouble with, I am stucked at the last part with i need to get my correct ID/SID with. I dont need a shiny tepig, just a normal one will do.
          Old October 23rd, 2012 (5:08 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
            There are no new egg moves, Syster :D So it's not that bad that you can't RNG breed.

You're always welcome here, as everybody :B

/join #tradecorner !!!

The process is exactly the same, but this time you can have up to 15 timer0s per second. It's recommended to use DS Lite/Classic because you can get right results much easier.

Mac and I will be finally restarting the Club, we're not sure about the concept yet, but it will be soon so have your eyes opened :D
            Hmmm...got it! I'll try that. Expect some RNG abused Pokemon later on from me! Right after I find a Sweet Scenter...and do I really have to be at Victory Road? Because I'm plainly at Driftveil City as of now...And you'd be opening the club again? Great! Let's see if the challenges will be there again! About that...will the current challenge that was never taken out be done again? You know, that's my thought. It's a good idea for it to become the first one, I mean...seriously. But still...just Curious. curious, but...what IS the difference of doing it in DS Original/Lite than DSi(XL)/3DS(XL), you know, excluding the whole time thing? (About that bit...later on, say I got some target time of 6:35:34, so for me, I might just have to press as 6:35:33, is that what the difference was about?)
            Old October 23rd, 2012 (5:24 AM).
            RNG Sommelier

Tepig666, this is a good smogon guide, their guides are usually incomprehensible, but this is really good.

RGoF, the higher level of Pokemon the better results you get. The time thingy in BW got more complicated and now old DS systems hit right timer0s easier than the newer models.

クリムガン

Pair | Family
            Old October 23rd, 2012 (7:16 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
              Tepig666, this is a good smogon guide, their guides are usually incomprehensible, but this is really good.
              I know, But i just can't get it right. I am stuck at the last part which after finding the seeds hit. You need to have a higher frame to - away the initial frame for the number of frame to advanced. I did that and i still get the wrong ID/SID.
              Old October 23rd, 2012 (7:38 AM).
              RNG Sommelier

Then you didn't hit the seed. Try again or get another seed.

クリムガン

Pair | Family
              Old October 24th, 2012 (7:41 AM).

OK... odd question time:

I have yet to start my copy of White 2. I want to RNG my TID (for purely vanity reasons, I'm not going for a shiny starter or anything). I have NOT yet found my parameters on White 2. I HAVE however, recived the wonder card for the event Genesect (I hoped to RNG that as well later -- Having not started the game I have also not collected this from the delivery man).

Here's the question:
                If I start my White 2 and go far enough to be able to send a Pokemon to GTS check it on Pokecheck, then erase my save file... Will I lose the ability to later pick up my Genesect? Or will the Mystery Gift still be there as long as I don't acctually collect it? Or once I physically start the game is it a take it or lose it situation?

What is the best way to proceed in order to both not lose my Genesect and to be able to get a vanity TID? (My most proud moment in RNGing was getting my vanity TID in Black of 2112... my Trainer name was RUSH... )

I'm really itching to start White 2 mostly because I've gotten addicted to collecting Dream World Pokemon... and being able to get one more a day would be nice.

--Ringo
                Old October 24th, 2012 (10:37 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
                OK... odd question time:

I have yet to start my copy of White 2. I want to RNG my TID (for purely vanity reasons, I'm not going for a shiny starter or anything). I have NOT yet found my parameters on White 2. I HAVE however, recived the wonder card for the event Genesect (I hoped to RNG that as well later -- Having not started the game I have also not collected this from the delivery man).

Here's the question:
                If I start my White 2 and go far enough to be able to send a Pokemon to GTS check it on Pokecheck, then erase my save file... Will I lose the ability to later pick up my Genesect? Or will the Mystery Gift still be there as long as I don't acctually collect it? Or once I physically start the game is it a take it or lose it situation?

What is the best way to proceed in order to both not lose my Genesect and to be able to get a vanity TID? (My most proud moment in RNGing was getting my vanity TID in Black of 2112... my Trainer name was RUSH... )

I'm really itching to start White 2 mostly because I've gotten addicted to collecting Dream World Pokemon... and being able to get one more a day would be nice.

--Ringo
                Once you erase the game, all mystery gift will be erased as well so I do not think you can collect it. On the bright side, if you successfully abuse your TID, you can still download the Genesect again to the new save game:)
                My suggestion would be to find your DS parameters, RNG the genesect event in the save game you do not want, trade it to other game, then erase that save game, start to RNG the TID you want and download another Genesect event.
                Old October 24th, 2012 (11:03 AM).

can you guys help me out at my white2 iam trying to set my parameters at the leatest ver of rng reporter and iam getting no results btw in stetteng parameters does the moving npcs matter or not just making sure
                  thx in advance
                  Old October 24th, 2012 (1:24 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jaden23252 View Post
                  can you guys help me out at my white2 iam trying to set my parameters at the leatest ver of rng reporter and iam getting no results btw in stetteng parameters does the moving npcs matter or not just making sure
                  thx in advance
                  Moving npcs will not matter. For the results, you may check if you fill in everything right such as Mac address...
                  Old October 24th, 2012 (3:51 PM).

Hmmm, time to try once more before seeking out help. I'll let you know how it goes!
                    Old October 24th, 2012 (4:22 PM).
                    Banned

Nature: Sassy
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Tman109ner View Post
                      Hmmm, time to try once more before seeking out help. I'll let you know how it goes!
                      Good luck and be sure to let us know how it went so we can either congratulate you or help you some more!
                      Old October 24th, 2012 (5:54 PM).

I need help figuring out my SSF [shifted starting frame] in order to successfully RNG the roamer in Black1.

Can anyone give some pointers? So far, I have a list of possible SSFs, with various results, along with Chatot advancements of 10-50.

I... am almost desperate for this, I've been going at this for a whole week now.
                        Old October 24th, 2012 (8:12 PM).
                        Battle Amateur

Nature: Jolly
                          sorry to be another noob but IV breeding naturally is frustrating me and someone directed me here
                          3 questions to try and keep it simple I still reading through the 4th gen guide :/
                          1. Is it easier to RNG in DPPT or HGSS
                          2. Is it easier to RNG eggs or wild pokes
                          3.there are requirements for SS near the start
                          all three roamers released and NOT caught ( I caught suicune :( )
                          and I don't know my SID but the good news is I havent caught the red gyarados
                          Does the fact that I caught suicune matter because I don't want to star a new game? after that I think I can meet all the requirements easily I just have to trade over someone with pokerus from another game and I should be good to go so some feedback would be appreciated as I literally just found out what RNG abuse was like 10minutes ago :L
                          Don't try to apply logic to Pokemon
                          You'll end up hurting yourself ^_^
                          Old October 24th, 2012 (8:23 PM).
                          la justice

I got this inspiration to RNG while I was in the car on the way home tonight. A girl from my old high school passed away from a seizure at school this past Monday, and she was a friend of my sister. It's not much, but I wanted to RNG a Pokemon in honor of her (something purple) but I can't think of anything cute and purple for her, lol. :( I was thinking about Skitty/Delcatty but idk. Then I thought about Espeon since it's purple and I think the name Izamar would fit an Espy rather well. But idk. Just posting this here cause this will likely be my first project as soon as I can RNG again. I might be able to do this though cause I have plenty of flawless Eevee(lutions) on my Black and a flawless Ditto, so I wouldn't need to download a parent.

But I'd have to drag out my PC for that. So, anyone here a Mac user and use the Mac equivalent to RNG Reporter? Is it much different? More or less confusing? Is it updated for B2W2 at this point? Cause you know, I'm tired of having to drag out the PC for stuff cause it's big and noisy and dual-computing sucks, lol. :(

some princes don't become kings.
                          Old October 25th, 2012 (4:37 AM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Murt93 View Post
                            and I don't know my SID
                            These are the only two points I can personally help you on, maybe someone else will help you with the rest...

I have only ever RNG eggs or wild Pokes in DPPT. It's not easy... well it is easy, but hitting your delay take practice. When I first started I was looking for shiny eggs first, that's acctually not hard. It's going for IV's that takes the most patience.

I found both eggs and wild encounters to be just as easy. You need an area with no wandering NPC's to do wild encounters, which is difficult. My favorite place to RNG wild pokemon is the trophy garden, because I like cute Pokemon.

Your SID is so easy to get on your own now. Just go to www.pokecheck.org. Follow the directions there on how to edit your DS settings. Connect to their fake GTS server(from within the game, just go to the GTS like normal, but the DS will really connect to Pokecheck), and send over any random pokemon (you won't lose the poke, but if you are nervouse the first time send something like a level 1 Pidgey or Caterpie). You can then view all the stats of your Pokemon, including IV's, EV's, etc... and more importantly for your immeadiate purpose, your SID will be displayed. Pokecheck is awsome for breeding, not just RNG breeding, but the traditional breeding because you can verify the correct IV's of the parent Pokemon before you drop them off at the day care.

Hope I helped.

--Ringo
                            Old October 25th, 2012 (5:12 AM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Murt93 View Post
                            sorry to be another noob but IV breeding naturally is frustrating me and someone directed me here
                            3 questions to try and keep it simple I still reading through the 4th gen guide :/
                            3.there are requirements for SS near the start
                            all three roamers released and NOT caught ( I caught suicune :( )
                            and I don't know my SID but the good news is I havent caught the red gyarados
                            Does the fact that I caught suicune matter because I don't want to star a new game? after that I think I can meet all the requirements easily I just have to trade over someone with pokerus from another game and I should be good to go so some feedback would be appreciated as I literally just found out what RNG abuse was like 10minutes ago :L
                            1. It is easier to RNG in HGSS, especially for RNGing eggs since there are not a lot of npcs (about 2 if I am correct).
                            2. I would say eggs. For eggs, you can RNG in any combination of TID/SID and you can get your baby mons to learn egg moves. For wild mons, if you want it to be shiny and has a flawless IVs, you will need to RNG your TID/SID, start a new game and play it through again which will take you a lot of time.
                            3. Suicune is a stationary pokemon, not a roamer so it would not matter if you caught it already. The only down side is that you cannot RNG the IVs of that Suicune. The three roamers the guide you read mention are Entei, Raikou, and Latios/Latias. For the SID, I would go with RingoH's answer from previous post.
                            Old October 25th, 2012 (1:31 PM).
                            RNG Sommelier

Sydian: Get an Aipom, it's purple as well. Lots of cool poison Pokemon are purple as well.
                            PPRNG is very similar to Reporter and actually, it's more up to date than RNG Reporter. Vaporeon7 is a mac user, so ask him for help :)

クリムガン

Pair | Family
                            Old October 25th, 2012 (3:59 PM).

Hey guys, just RNG'd my first shiny ever today! A shiny Bagon hatched on my Platinum. I was wondering how it would be to take the next step to RNG for perfect (or near perfect) pokemon. What would be easier, wild or egg? I don't have many pokemon with good IV's to start with and I'm confined to my Platinum (and all other 4th gen games) until I find some guides on BW2 since my original White is M.I.A.
                              Closed Thread

Quick Reply