Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2012 (8:47 PM). Edited October 28th, 2012 by Ice Car.
Banned

Nature: Jolly
    And on the subject of Youtube, how do you feel about *cough*youtubecomments*cough*?

The only two channels I really care for at the moment are Game Grumps and a TAS'er that puts out semi-regular content by the name of mugg1991. JonTron, DYK Gaming, Egoraptor, i.e. channels I discovered recently (within the past few months) are all I currently really care about.

Youtube comments? I have a channel and I spend time commenting on Youtube. I'm a COUGHprofessionalyoutubecommenter*COUGH*. *COUGH* I hate youtube commenters 90% of the time. There is an occasional stroke of brilliance in the comments section though.

Yes I have a cold.

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 27th, 2012 (9:25 PM).
    #isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
      I don't actually have an account, but I'll spend a decent time watching music videos and random funny videos. There are only a couple channels I watch with regularity though. Nothing serious enough to make an account and subscribe.

As for comments, I don't make them, but I'll read them. Some can be funny, but most are just stupid.
      Old October 27th, 2012 (10:55 PM).
      Expect me like you expect Jesus.
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
      I watch tons of people! There's Hey Ash Whatcha Playin', Meekakitty and Nanalew and their joined efforts in Nanakitty, Felicia Day's Flog and The Guild...

I used to watch Ray William Johnson but he got a little too douchey and a lot less funny so I stopped watching him.

Uh... there's this guy I've recently found called timtimfed who makes really awesome videos. I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now!!!

As for YouTube comments, I don't really like the YouTube commenting community because they always seem to start debates and fights about things that are only tangentially related to the video itself.

As for this thread, I'm gonna move it over to T&I, because it's about teh internetz.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 27th, 2012 (11:22 PM).
      Hi, I'm strange :3

....... People

In all seriousness, I tend to hang around the Top ten and game reviewing community of YouTube. I watch a couple of my friend's videos and I also create some of mine.

A lot of them are small time users with only very few of them getting close to the point of being classified as popular so I can't really name any of them off the top of my head that people can recognize. I actually have a list in my featured channel list on my account, those are a couple of my friends along with a couple of users I just like to watch, I keep the link in my sig.

Video game related top tens anyone?
        Old October 27th, 2012 (11:31 PM).
        git gud or get r e k t
        • PokéCommunity Daily
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
        Smosh, Gunnarolla, GloZell, and Outasight (yes he is a YTer too yupppp) There are others, but I prefer those 4. :)

I refuse to see the comments on YT, I have them disabled by default. But the YT community is just horrible and full of trolls trying to spoil the fun of the video. I would rather watch the video with peace than read a bunch of stupid comments.

discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
        I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
        Old October 27th, 2012 (11:51 PM). Edited October 28th, 2012 by Ice Car.
        Banned

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
          Smosh, Gunnarolla, GloZell, and Outasight (yes he is a YTer too yupppp) There are others, but I prefer those 4.

I refuse to see the comments on YT, I have them disabled by default. But the YT community is just horrible and full of trolls trying to spoil the fun of the video. I would rather watch the video with peace than read a bunch of stupid comments.
          Oh, but Youtube comments CAN be entertaining, oh yes, they can.

I recommend this video's comment section if you enjoy reading fan wars. Great reading material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbVKL-Meo0

If you don't want to sift through the comments, here are some highlights.

Old October 28th, 2012 (1:16 AM).
          i have no idea what im doing
          • Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
          Honestly, I don't Subscribe to a lot of people on Youtube, only my friends. I watch their various videos when I'm bored. There's this one girl that I watch a lot -- her account got deleted, unfortunately, for she was uploading Adventure Time episodes illegally. Besides that, I only watch Justin Bieber's Vevo and his kidrauhl account.

On the topic of comments, I don't really comment. I have an account, but I don't like commenting on random videos. I just like or dislike, then leave. I also don't give a what about other people's comments.

i’m a spark and you’re a b o o m
          Old October 28th, 2012 (5:35 AM).
          My Secrecy. My Advantage.
          • Platinum Tier

I haven't really been using youtube that much since starting university, but before that I would mainly vloggers and LPers. Main ones being pewdiepie for his walking dead series and his horror lets plays and vloggers like itswaypastmybedtime, danisnotonfire and xperpetualmotion but I also watch her for her design videos too.
          I have plenty more that I could list, like the common jenna marbles and RWJ but those are the main people I go onto youtube to watch.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
          -Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old October 28th, 2012 (10:04 AM).
          the blossom pokémon
          • Developer
          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
          Vlogs & general videos: Vlogbrothers, wheezywaiter, JennaMarbles, elmify, 5secondfilms, CGPGrey, MinutePhysics, Vihart, nerimon, charlieissocoollike, communitychannel, lazypillow

LPers: ethoslab, Mindez, HaatFilms, sethbling, W92Baj, wee187, & probably others

I used to keep up with a lot of others but realized I was skipping over their videos a lot so I've trimmed my subscription list. :[ As for Youtube comments, I typically watch Youtube from my phone because then I can lie in bed (whoo!) and the ads are so much shorter on the mobile apps, generally. The comment display is pretty horrible on my app so there's little reason for me to bother trying to read comments. I just ignore them.

Old October 28th, 2012 (12:02 PM).
          Atra du evarinya ono varda.
          • Crystal Tier

I watch mostly MysteryGuitarMan, NigaHiga and kevjumba. They have some of the most original and hilarious videos. xD I might have watched others before, but these are the main ones I always watch when I go on YouTube.
          Old October 28th, 2012 (12:15 PM).
          Frasier says it best

Nature: Relaxed
            YouTube is my main source of online music, and especially discovering new stuff that isn't on Spotify as of yet.. That's pretty much all I use it for. I have a Fiona Apple playlist of her third album but with the original producer, as that's something that's technically not-so-legal so not on Spotify. Apart from that, I'll just watch and listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. Recently, that's been a capella versions of recent songs sung on the reality TV show The Sing-Off, but next week that will probably change to something else, and the same thing will happen the week after that... and so on. But in terms of watching comedians/LPers or anything like that... not so much.

And YouTube comments are pretty much the lowest of the low when it comes to the Internet. Just vile, the whole lot of them.
            Old October 28th, 2012 (12:31 PM).
            I'm one with binary now.
            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
            I watch A LOT of people on YouTube, but all of them are mainly Fan dubbers or musician videos. There are several people I like to watch a lot on Youtube and those would be shadowlink4321, Cardgamesftw, BBC's channels, OhMyFluffy and SirReith.

Commenting Youtube is something I don't do much, unless someone asks a question without it being unanswered, for example "What clip is this from?" I always had the habit of commenting of those and on my actual videos located on my channel, I comment back to the comments I get. I like doing that.
            Old October 28th, 2012 (12:32 PM).
            • Silver Tier

I subscribe to...a lot of people. My favourites include wheezywaiter and all his channels, GameGrumps (and egoraptor and JonTronShow), generikb and BDoubleO100, GuudeBoulderfist, gwatsky, Vlogbrothers, nerimon, rhettandlink2, SourceFed and sxephil. But I spend a lot of time Youtube videos in the background lmao I subscribe to a lot of people.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
            Old October 29th, 2012 (2:03 AM).
            Razor Shell
            • Platinum Tier

I watch loads of music on YouTube, and also some funny videos and the Marriland LP's as well (cos I just love his voice and personality).

I have to say, I've been watching YouTube a lot more than when I first used it.
            Old October 29th, 2012 (12:35 PM).

I mostly watch music videos, anime, gaming stuff and sometimes videos from the comedy section.I don't use Youtube too much because i have a slow internet connections

Youtube comments are sometimes pure gold but most of the time they are Primape-s*** retarded.
              Old November 5th, 2012 (10:10 AM).
              • Platinum Tier

Only person I really keep an eye out for is danisnotonfire, since I went to school with him #claimtofame.

Oh and AmazingPhil too, because he's awesome.
              Old November 5th, 2012 (12:42 PM).
              twitter.com/kuraberryart

Nature: Serious
                I don't care much for youtube comments, though some can be funny. I usually just watch or listen to music through youtube so I don't really care what other people think of the music I like.
                Old November 5th, 2012 (1:50 PM).
                Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
                  I have my own beyblade channel and I like watching beyblade videos. I like bioniclealek789's beyblade channel and other than beyblade stuff, I listen to music.
                  Old November 5th, 2012 (2:01 PM).
                  Proud user of Garbodor

I watch a ton mainly gaijin goomba,continue,completionist,lore,nostalgia critic and Jwitz
                    Old November 5th, 2012 (2:26 PM).
                    Legit Boss
                    • Gold Tier

Mostly gaming channels, movie reviews and comedy stuffs.
                    I like James Rolfe alot (Angry Video Game Nerd) since he does all 3 of the stuffs I love best
                    Old November 5th, 2012 (4:57 PM). Edited November 6th, 2012 by Ice Car.
                    Banned

Continuing from the other thread...

SamuJake asked me why I hated RWJ. I said I wouldn't be an ass and criticize him for liking him, and I won't. I'll let a video describe how he appears to me. Oh, and the answer; he's annoying and unfunny.

If you are offended, then it's your fault for asking me why I hated him when I'm giving my honest response. I don't think I'll get in trouble for this since I'm not calling anybody names, I'm instead talking down a famous Youtuber.
                      Old November 5th, 2012 (5:50 PM).

Nature: Brave
                        Chugga Conroy in the simplest explanation as to why I enjoy his LP's more than the other Runawayguys.

Bad

Puns

For

The

****ing

WIN

XD
                        His puns make some of MY bad puns funny...and seriously, you'll want to shoot yourself in the foot after hearing some of mine ._.

My personal favorite, or one of them, is in his majora's mask walkthrough.
                        Commentary: This is a good high quality video guys....right...guys? *fake whiny voice*
                        Video: *unregistered hypercam 2 logo briefly appears on the screen in the place it usually would*

Some of his puns are SO bad, they're actually funny because they're so bad yeah

I like Nastalgia Critic too, I used to like SMOOSH....but not so much anymore...
                        Old November 5th, 2012 (6:34 PM).
                        Carrion
                        • Gold Tier

When it comes to YT I use it mainly for music at this point. However, I do watch a few LPers (my favorites being Pokecapn and Chip & Ironicus.) I used to like the Nostalgia Critic, but his style wore off on me honestly.
                        Old November 5th, 2012 (6:39 PM).
                        Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
                          For me it's Nostalgia Critic, The Amazing Athiest, and Team Four Star to name a few.

I steer clear of the chats like the plague though.
                          "Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
                          Old November 6th, 2012 (5:16 AM).
                          Happy, and Searching.
                          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
                          Prank vs Prank, Timothy Delaghetto, Toby Turner, Ricky Shucks.

All funny people~

Springtime, the sun is back and the breeze to accompany it..
                          Closed Thread
                          Quick Reply

Sponsored Links