• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
This single sentence just crushed my hopes completely. =( I'm no hacker, and it would be a long time before any hack was made that incorporated everything you've done. I was really looking forward to a FireRed 649 full hack as well...

Don't worry, once all 649 of the Pokemon have their movesets prepared and correct abilities plus 4th + 5th gen attack animations I'm sure it won't take anybody very long to insert the new Pokemon to be wild in certain routes :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Don't worry, once all 649 of the Pokemon have their movesets prepared and correct abilities plus 4th + 5th gen attack animations I'm sure it won't take anybody very long to insert the new Pokemon to be wild in certain routes :)
Once somebody creates an additional wild pokemon editor to support FireRed with this patch being applied to. Until that, hex editing is the way to go.

Not sure why I ended up quoting to you but just felt like saying that :)

Anyway, I personally hate to see this hack being so underrated.
Seriously, most of the comments in the thread are about "This hack doesn't do anything after patching!" and that kind of stuff. After all, implementing all this requires massive amount knowledge and work. Personally, I can do all kinds of neat things with assembly but... all this is really something else. I couldn't imagine trying to do this on my own. You're not just "hacking" the game, you're pretty creating a new game.

Good luck to the making, Jambo! If you succeed in pulling this out, that really is something.

marcc5m

what
Years
This single sentence just crushed my hopes completely. =( I'm no hacker, and it would be a long time before any hack was made that incorporated everything you've done. I was really looking forward to a FireRed 649 full hack as well...

It was three sentences.

Good job jammy bob. Hope see more work soon.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Seriously, most of the comments in the thread are about "This hack doesn't do anything after patching!" and that kind of stuff. After all, implementing all this requires massive amount knowledge and work. Personally, I can do all kinds of neat things with assembly but... all this is really something else. I couldn't imagine trying to do this on my own. You're not just "hacking" the game, you're pretty creating a new game.
It's because the pokemon hacking community, for the most part, is so used to having things served to them on a silver platter. It's a given, because we've been graced with so many wonderful incredible hacking tools that make it easy for anyone to hack. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I mean, no other game in existence has been made as easy to hack as pokemon thanks to the tools (though it could also be that Pokemon is an easy game to hack, but the point still stands), but it conditions hackers to have things done for them. That's really the case here, though in my opinion, I find this to be just fine, regardless of its simply being a base. It offers hackers the ability to expand their horizons in many aspects, and while a "649" patch all of the pokemon in "capturable" would be nice, this project is really quite expansive and shouldn't exist (due to its difficulty and scope.

So good work Jambo. I honestly couldn't see many other people taking up a project such as this, and it seems to be turning into quite a fine patch.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Ill keep short and sweet since you don't like to be bothered Jambo. Is there any way that this can be patched easily to an emerald rom. I just want to be able to create double wild battles in emerald. Thanks for your patience.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
It's because the pokemon hacking community, for the most part, is so used to having things served to them on a silver platter. It's a given, because we've been graced with so many wonderful incredible hacking tools that make it easy for anyone to hack. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I mean, no other game in existence has been made as easy to hack as pokemon thanks to the tools (though it could also be that Pokemon is an easy game to hack, but the point still stands), but it conditions hackers to have things done for them. That's really the case here, though in my opinion, I find this to be just fine, regardless of its simply being a base. It offers hackers the ability to expand their horizons in many aspects, and while a "649" patch all of the pokemon in "capturable" would be nice, this project is really quite expansive and shouldn't exist (due to its difficulty and scope.

So good work Jambo. I honestly couldn't see many other people taking up a project such as this, and it seems to be turning into quite a fine patch.

It was three sentences.

Good job jammy bob. Hope see more work soon.

Once somebody creates an additional wild pokemon editor to support FireRed with this patch being applied to. Until that, hex editing is the way to go.

Not sure why I ended up quoting to you but just felt like saying that :)

Good luck to the making, Jambo! If you succeed in pulling this out, that really is something.

Cheers guys, it's good to know the long hours I put into research and then implementation are appreciated :D
For the record, some of the stuff implemented is relatively simple, some of it is monstrous in terms of difficulty. That monstrous stuff is likeliest to be the buggy stuff :P

Ill keep short and sweet since you don't like to be bothered Jambo. Is there any way that this can be patched easily to an emerald rom. I just want to be able to create double wild battles in emerald. Thanks for your patience.

No. It is specifically for Fire Red. In theory, it would be possible to port the wild battle stuff to Emerald/Ruby, but I don't have time to do it right now. I have a lot of coursework at Uni (hence why development on this has stalled), and what little free time I do have is being spent playing Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4. :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
Could you explan how did you make the spcecial/physical/status symbol appear in the moves info menu?

It seems very professional, and I would want to do the same with other attack attributes and, if possible, to ivs and evs.

I don'n need a very precise explanation, but some directions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Could you explan how did you make the spcecial/physical/status symbol appear in the moves info menu?

It seems very professional, and I would want to do the same with other attack attributes and, if possible, to ivs and evs.

I don'n need a very precise explanation, but some directions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6998748&postcount=127

This post contains the necessary code for it, and Darthatron's original post, on the previous page, has the image and insert location. Put the 2 together to get it working. FR only though.

Just wondering, how much space does this take up?

Approximately:
0x71A000 - 0x770000 (ASM, most data and tables, new move battle scripts)
0x800000 - 0xB31000 (cries and moveset data)
0xED0000 - 0xF50000 (sprites)

As of right now, at least. (This is just the stuff I've added, that doesn't include what FR already has in it).

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
This may seem like a dumb question, but I was hoping to get this patch working with a randomizer. Specifically this one: https://code.google.com/p/pokemon-randomiser/

I'm assuming the randomizer only knows to point to the existing 386 Pokemon, but would you know if there is any way to make it work?

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
Absol-utely Glameow-rous... I'm sorry, I could not help meowth... I mean myself! hahaha

In all seriousness...

This patch is absolutely beautiful and a glamorous addition to the tools hackers of FR are offered.
Lets ignore the fact that this project is a massive undertaking in and of itself...

The implications of having an astounding base such as this are just amazing. I'm almost dumbfounded by it. Almost. We are now a stone's throw away from having complete control over our own Pokemon games because of you. Any individual, once we have the movesets perfected, bugs exterminated, and a Wild Pokemon editor that works with this patch, will be capable of making their own complete and updated Pokemon game. In addition, this is good and bad both, we can start seeing further expansions designed based on this patch that will allow users to add even more Pokemon for future generation games as well as officially create their own region with completely new Pokemon without compromising any of the real Pokemon. This could be quite beneficial and so I applaud you!

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Hello, I was wondering if somebody could help me with replacing the wild battles with these new sinnoh and unova Pokémon. I know it will require a hex editor, and all though I haven't done anything like this before, I do no sometheory so I'llbe easily teachable.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Since I can imagine this will be asked about before too long, what are your plans with regards to gen 6 Jambo? If your spriter makes images for all of the new Pokemon coming this October then will they and the new moves/abilities be added to the patch as well?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Since I can imagine this will be asked about before too long, what are your plans with regards to gen 6 Jambo? If your spriter makes images for all of the new Pokemon coming this October then will they and the new moves/abilities be added to the patch as well?
Jambo and I already discussed this, and he is not. Sorry, but this patch will only go up to Generation V.

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
was cheacking this out tryign to figure this out and double wild pokemon battles is awesome . i just wanted to say that AdvanceMaps only goes to 411 lol . wishing there was a simple way to put the other ones in it can wait to see this complete. got a qustion to how do i enable national pokedex ? fishing rods are broke i think

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
wooow this is really nice, perfect for thoes who want to create a multi generation game, good work!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Honestly, you are doing god's work.
Any idea when the next version is coming out, (if there is one)?
And what new features are you implementing, because at the
moment it's basically perfect!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I'm slowly but surely adding the new attacks in, and modifying some of the abilities so that they act more like gen 5. It's hard and slow work, especially since I'm getting little to no help.

Other than that, I'm just waiting on sprites, for the most part.

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I'm slowly but surely adding the new attacks in, and modifying some of the abilities so that they act more like gen 5. It's hard and slow work, especially since I'm getting little to no help.

Other than that, I'm just waiting on sprites, for the most part.
if i know anything about adding moves or anything about modifying abilities id be more then willing to help i got way to much time on my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back