• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I gotta ask, is anyone watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun or Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo? I think these are two fantastic new ones, I really enjoy Sakurasou it just gets me and Tonari is one of the funniest things I've watched in ages!

Years
IMDB said:
Top 5000

Grown Ups 2 (2013)

Comedy - 12 July 2013 (USA)
Not yet released

(voting begins after release)

A follow up to the 2010 comedy about a group of childhood friends who reunite years later.

OMG Is N-Ebody as exitd as I am!!!1???/!11??!11/!?!?1!

But seriously, it feels like a lot of actors are just that are incredibly obnoxious/are just bad at acting are just continually thrown into your face. Andy Samberg, (well, he was ALWAYS kind of obnoxious) Jack Black, Nicholas Cage...
Spoiler:
I mean, how are they still in movies half the time?

Why Hollywood?! WHY!?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Hey, I liked Nic Cage in Kickass! Yes, his facial hair was ridiculous, but that's not exactly something Nic can control. Poor man, he must be cursed. However, that's a topic for another thread. Actors like Nicky Cagey get roles because somehow they make a profit and sometimes they remind the public as to why they got roles in the first place, like the aforementioned Kickass.
At least, that's how I see it.
Rock on, Hollywood!

Years
^^That's true, Nicholas Cage was okay in Kickass. Although his accent/mannerisms were weird, but that was the character, not him. :/

And now, if I may share a children's book with all of you.
I found this while browsing the internet, and it's a perfect example of why the world is beautiful. A tale of struggle, of a harrowing addiction, of wanting to fit in, of beauty...

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Nicholas Cage can bite me. I really don't like him as an actor and I really wish they'd stop giving him roles because he's in a lot of movie that I'd like to see were he not in them.

Meanwhile you can criticise Jack Black all you want, but he was great in The Holiday. Man I love that movie.

Years
The Holiday. My friends who all want to find a charming Englishman and move to a quaint cottage and drink tea LOVE this movie and they gasp when they hear you haven't seen it.

tumblr_mbshluy6k31rf38dio1_500.gif

It's really just like this.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Guys I never saw The Holiday D:

I'll add it to the list of movies I have to see.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I'm afraid I have to say I haven't seen The Holiday either. In fact, I hadn't heard of it until I clicked on this thread. Oh, the shame!

Shining Raichu

Years
Shame on all of you! Tbh though the charming Englishman isn't all that appealing. He has children and that ruins it.

I found the Jack Black / Kate Winslet story much more interesting!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
He has children and that ruins it.

Are you actually the Grinch? Like, actually? What did these poor children do to ruin the story, other than exist? Despite not having seen the movie, I am going to champion the cause to protect these poor children from your dastardly, hating ways.

Years
Jack Black in that movie is probably the only thing he's done (outside of Muppet cameos) that makes me like him and think he's a good actor. It's like Jim Carey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction. Why do terribly unfunny comedy actors make terribly unfunny comedies when they can actually act?

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I can't imagine Jack Black in a movie like The Holiday. Idk why, when I think of Jack Black I just think of him being in those dumb comedies such as Nacho Libre. I can't imagine him in a romantic/comical film. I haven't seen much of his films though, so I can't really judge him.

Shining Raichu

Years
Harlequin said:
Are you actually the Grinch? Like, actually? What did these poor children do to ruin the story, other than exist? Despite not having seen the movie, I am going to champion the cause to protect these poor children from your dastardly, hating ways.

The children themselves were actually pretty cute - it was more that he had to play the broken widower and single father of two and that was a bit of a downer. Plus I couldn't help but think "Cameron Diaz what are you getting yourself into? These girls will be teenagers one day and you're just gonna get a whole lot of doors slamming in your face and screams of 'YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER!'"

Also Toshiro, look at Scarf's post for my answer to what you said XD. He was great because he wasn't being a Nacho Libre type character, it wasn't overdone lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
School of Rock's definitely the best use of Jack Black. Fo' sho'.

And I've neglected this thread for too long. Sorry, GEDCC!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
See, GEDCC just sounds......really.....really.....really....wrong. I will never get used to that name :(

Shining Raichu

Years
Has anybody else seen Dredd? I saw it at the movies a few days ago and it was cheesy as hell, yet it was actually a pretty decent movie. For what it was, it was much better than it really needed to be, and I was impressed that they actually took the effort to make it decent.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
See, I was going to see it while I was America, but I just didn't get around to it and literally have not heard one word about that movie ever since! I forgot that movie existed. Sorry, Eric Bana, I'm truly sorry. Forgive me for my crimes, Judge Dredd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back