The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Off-Topic
2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1451    
Old November 6th, 2012 (9:52 PM).
Ice Car Ice Car is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Oahu, Hawaii
    Age: 21
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 515
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
    Making me do unnecessary work ;_;

    (though been a long long time since DCC gets that much activity and posts, lol. Guess that's another benefit of the election.)

    EDIT: add-on hunt is something I'm incredibly lazy about even though it's super handy. It's similar to proper tagging of music... It *should* be done but I never get to it.
    But it is necessary. If you want your image to show up.

    Oh, and off topic... Is gender bending here just a thing that everyone does or something? I mean, seriously. You never know who is and more people do it than you'd think.

    I find it also peculiar that some people, every so often change their profile gender. Not uncommon. People should just stick to one.

    I figured I'd ask here since everyone appears to be here at the moment.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1452    
    Old November 6th, 2012 (9:54 PM).
    droomph's Avatar
    droomph droomph is offline
    weeb
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: nowhere spectacular
    Age: 20
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 4,291
    too bad I deleted google chrome over safari (because just prettier imo) because I would've loved that extension.
    __________________
    did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
    o i forgot 5
    uraqt


      #1453    
    Old November 6th, 2012 (9:55 PM).
    Echidna's Avatar
    Echidna Echidna is offline
    i don't care what's in your hair
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Illinois
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 2,078
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
    So Brock Obamma won, huh?
    Thank goodness yes.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by droomph View Post
    yep.

    I bet the people at fox news are cutting themselves over that right now.
    And Romney is porbably beating his staff up right now, just like that movie (What was it called hmm)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I just said to Touj how although I'm not American I feel like really excited by this, almost as if I'm a part of it, just because I'm alive when it's happening. idk it's weird, like the moon landing????
    Totally natural, we shall survive yet another four years (We'll more than likely grow in debt but at least we won't wage a gazillion new pointless wars so yeah ;-;)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post

    Guess Romney is a noob and didn't learn Air Slash or HP Fire.
    lololololol
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
    lol Honestly, what on earth were you afraid of happening that would be different from anything before? O_o

    (Yay, Obama!)
    Armageddon for one u_u
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
    But I'm lazy and you know that D: The picture is *sorta* funny but not funny enough for me to do all of that :x
    Yes 'all that' would be too much work lol :b
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
    You know there's an addon for Chrome that Imgur makes, right? It lets you take screenshots of any area of a screen (or the entire screen) and you can rehost images to Imgur by just right-clicking and choosing "rehost image", so convenient.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
    Making me do unnecessary work ;_;

    (though been a long long time since DCC gets that much activity and posts, lol. Guess that's another benefit of the election.)

    EDIT: add-on hunt is something I'm incredibly lazy about even though it's super handy. It's similar to proper tagging of music... It *should* be done but I never get to it.
    I think (Stress on think), this is it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/imgur/ehoopddfhgaehhmphfcooacjdpmbjlao
    The one I have looks kinda different v_v
    __________________
    but my taste in music is your face
      #1454    
    Old November 6th, 2012 (9:55 PM).
    droomph's Avatar
    droomph droomph is offline
    weeb
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: nowhere spectacular
    Age: 20
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 4,291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
    But it is necessary. If you want your image to show up.

    Oh, and off topic... Is gender bending here just a thing that everyone does or something? I mean, seriously. You never know who is and more people do it than you'd think.

    I find it also peculiar that some people, every so often change their profile gender. Not uncommon. People should just stick to one.

    I figured I'd ask here since everyone appears to be here at the moment.
    nope male and will always be

    lol I'm lazy
      #1455    
    Old November 6th, 2012 (9:59 PM).
    Echidna's Avatar
    Echidna Echidna is offline
    i don't care what's in your hair
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Illinois
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 2,078
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
    But it is necessary. If you want your image to show up.

    Oh, and off topic... Is gender bending here just a thing that everyone does or something? I mean, seriously. You never know who is and more people do it than you'd think.

    I find it also peculiar that some people, every so often change their profile gender. Not uncommon. People should just stick to one.

    I figured I'd ask here since everyone appears to be here at the moment.
    It's actually quite funny xD
    This is a forum after all, being serious about every single detail doesn't exactly help in the point of having fun u_u
      #1456    
    Old November 6th, 2012 (9:59 PM).
    Seki Seki is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2010
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,963
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Plumpyfoof View Post
      Australians are required by law to vote. I really couldn't care less about voting, I think the politicians should sort it out themselves and let the public decide on their salary.
      Meh, where I come from, if you don't vote, you will go to jail.
        #1457    
      Old November 6th, 2012 (10:01 PM).
      Oryx's Avatar
      Oryx Oryx is offline
      CoquettishCat
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Age: 24
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 13,204
      The addon I have I downloaded from Imgur's site, so it would be faster to search there than the google store.

      Also @genderbending: I agree Ice Car. :( It is really common on PC and I'm not a fan. I find it kinda mean to mess with peoples' heads like that unless you really feel like your gender changes regularly.
      __________________


      Theme * Pair * VM * PM

      Not all men...

      Are all men stupid?

      That's right.

        #1458    
      Old November 6th, 2012 (10:03 PM).
      Ice Car Ice Car is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Feb 2010
        Location: Oahu, Hawaii
        Age: 21
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 515
        Well, I know MidnightShine, Harlequin, Hikari, and myself are such people. And those are only the people I know. I thought I was unique alongside Hikari but NOPE, WRONG
          #1459    
        Old November 6th, 2012 (10:05 PM).
        Frostweaver's Avatar
        Frostweaver Frostweaver is offline
        Ancient + Prehistoric
           
          Join Date: Sep 2003
          Location: Canada
          Age: 28
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 8,246
          Well grabbed the imgur firefox add-on instead with all the DCC nagging about it XD;

          As for gender-bending well depends on how people play up a different persona for their online/PC life compare to wherever else they go. To be honest, I don't really associate a PCer's gender to their gender tag as much as a male/female avatar XD; The picture is way more... catchy in the association game than the gender field specification.
            #1460    
          Old November 6th, 2012 (10:06 PM).
          Livewire's Avatar
          Livewire Livewire is offline
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2009
          Location: Sunnyshore City
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 14,264
          Yeah, not a fan of genderbending. It's obnoxious. :/

          Obama wins Virginia:
          __________________
            #1461    
          Old November 6th, 2012 (10:07 PM).
          TRIFORCE89's Avatar
          TRIFORCE89 TRIFORCE89 is offline
          Guide of Darkness
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2004
          Location: Temple of Light
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 8,128
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
          Armageddon for one u_u
          You're very realistic XD


          Wow, that was a short speech Mitt. Jeez.

          Obama's turn soon
          __________________
            #1462    
          Old November 6th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
          Retro Bug Retro Bug is offline
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 1,176
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
          Yes, Retro Bug, the title is accurate lmao

          Social Media is a real treat tonight, lmao. I love it.
          Aha, I'm glad we both agree on this. Indisputable topic.

          I really don't care about genderbending because I don't really care about people's gender unless they tell me so. Genderbend all you like.
          __________________

          "I'm ready for a nap..."
          [YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
          Pokémon:

          The Meta Journey
            #1463    
          Old November 6th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
          Ice Car Ice Car is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Feb 2010
            Location: Oahu, Hawaii
            Age: 21
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 515
            I only picked it up because I pretty much only use Female avatars and have girly themes. If I adjusted my posting style to be less boyish that would be good. By boyish I mean serious, cynical, *******ish, etc.
              #1464    
            Old November 6th, 2012 (10:10 PM).
            Oryx's Avatar
            Oryx Oryx is offline
            CoquettishCat
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Age: 24
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 13,204
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
            Well grabbed the imgur firefox add-on instead with all the DCC nagging about it XD;

            As for gender-bending well depends on how people play up a different persona for their online/PC life compare to wherever else they go. To be honest, I don't really associate a PCer's gender to their gender tag as much as a male/female avatar XD; The picture is way more... catchy in the association game than the gender field specification.
            See that annoys me because...I have never once taken "female" out of my gender on PC. I chose female because I'm a female and would like to be referred to with female pronouns. Sometimes I use avatars that might be used on a male. But people should assume I'm female because it says I'm female, and if I use masculine avatars I get annoyed if I get referred to by a masculine pronoun because it's always been obvious with me. >_o
              #1465    
            Old November 6th, 2012 (10:12 PM).
            Echidna's Avatar
            Echidna Echidna is offline
            i don't care what's in your hair
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Illinois
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 2,078
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
            Well, I know MidnightShine, Harlequin, Hikari, and myself are such people. And those are only the people I know. I thought I was unique alongside Hikari but NOPE, WRONG
            Idgi. You say you hate gender bending and Hikari claims (Stress on 'claims') to be a genderbender.
              #1466    
            Old November 6th, 2012 (10:13 PM).
            Ice Car Ice Car is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Location: Oahu, Hawaii
              Age: 21
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 515
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
              See that annoys me because...I have never once taken "female" out of my gender on PC. I chose female because I'm a female and would like to be referred to with female pronouns. Sometimes I use avatars that might be used on a male. But people should assume I'm female because it says I'm female, and if I use masculine avatars I get annoyed if I get referred to by a masculine pronoun because it's always been obvious with me. >_o
              I don't think you understand the novelty of gender bending, in that you can **** with people.
                #1467    
              Old November 6th, 2012 (10:14 PM).
              Frostweaver's Avatar
              Frostweaver Frostweaver is offline
              Ancient + Prehistoric
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2003
                Location: Canada
                Age: 28
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 8,246
                I'm going to go with the terrible sexist stereotype: "assume male unless stated otherwise."

                Though I myself generally use female avatars too if there's characters in it, onionhead being the exception. As for the masculine pronoun problem, erm I guess that we can blame English. Another +1 to Japanese in a Pokemon board.
                  #1468    
                Old November 6th, 2012 (10:15 PM). Edited November 6th, 2012 by Ice Car.
                Ice Car Ice Car is offline
                Banned
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2010
                  Location: Oahu, Hawaii
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 515
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
                  Idgi. You say you hate gender bending and Hikari claims (Stress on 'claims') to be a genderbender.
                  I don't hate "gender bending."

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
                  I'm going to go with the terrible sexist stereotype: "assume male unless stated otherwise."

                  Though I myself generally use female avatars too if there's characters in it, onionhead being the exception. As for the masculine pronoun problem, erm I guess that we can blame English. Another +1 to Japanese in a Pokemon board.
                  Pretty much this.

                  You can't help but assume when avatar, signature, and posting style match up so that it seems very much so. (See: MidnightShine)
                    #1469    
                  Old November 6th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
                  Oryx's Avatar
                  Oryx Oryx is offline
                  CoquettishCat
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 13,204
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
                  I don't think you understand the novelty of gender bending, in that you can **** with people.
                  I understand it and find it really rude and unnecessary. As someone who can be socially anxious in real life, I can understand people with social anxiety online, and feeling like they don't know how to refer to a person because they keep switching genders really adds to that anxiety and I just can't get behind intentionally upsetting people for the sole reason that they tried to refer to you on the internet. HOW DARE THEY
                    #1470    
                  Old November 6th, 2012 (10:26 PM).
                  Retro Bug Retro Bug is offline
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 1,176
                  Maaybe I'm not around enough gender benders but I don't see how it upsets people... If you're unsure of someone's gender why don't you just ask them? Or ask them what pronouns you should refer to them as. I didn't know it was that hard to do or offensive. Like, why is it even important? You can say "they" or other gender neutral pronouns.
                    #1471    
                  Old November 6th, 2012 (10:28 PM).
                  Ice Car Ice Car is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2010
                    Location: Oahu, Hawaii
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 515
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
                    I understand it and find it really rude and unnecessary. As someone who can be socially anxious in real life, I can understand people with social anxiety online, and feeling like they don't know how to refer to a person because they keep switching genders really adds to that anxiety and I just can't get behind intentionally upsetting people for the sole reason that they tried to refer to you on the internet. HOW DARE THEY
                    I can perfectly understand your opinion.

                    I don't know, I find it kind of gratifying to have successfully tricked someone.
                      #1472    
                    Old November 6th, 2012 (10:30 PM).
                    Livewire's Avatar
                    Livewire Livewire is offline
                    • Platinum Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2009
                    Location: Sunnyshore City
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 14,264
                    Can we talk about the important things again aka the election
                      #1473    
                    Old November 6th, 2012 (10:30 PM).
                    Oryx's Avatar
                    Oryx Oryx is offline
                    CoquettishCat
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2011
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 13,204
                    I guess I'm just more sensitive to the emotions of other people. I can't enjoy doing something if it upset/harmed another person, pranks are only fun when the victim isn't upset by it for me, lol. I really can't wrap my head around the other mindset because I've never been even close to it.

                    Edit: Live go away you have a politics thread go talk in that
                      #1474    
                    Old November 6th, 2012 (10:32 PM).
                    Tyrantrum's Avatar
                    Tyrantrum Tyrantrum is offline
                    ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2007
                    Location: New Jersey
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 5,811
                    I think gender-bending can be fine if you're not comfortable with putting your real gender online, I guess. Or if you identify as a gender opposite of your given gender at birth. But to do it just to purposely screw with people is pretty messed up, honestly... :\

                    Like what Toujours said, basically; I kind of grew a bit of anxiety when referring to other peoples' genders on here because I usually think some of them are gender bending, unless something - like a post or VM or something - proves that they are not.
                    __________________




                    (x) Tumblr
                    (y) Twitter
                    Previously Eeveon
                      #1475    
                    Old November 6th, 2012 (10:32 PM).
                    Ice Car Ice Car is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Location: Oahu, Hawaii
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 515
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
                      Can we talk about the important things again aka the election
                      You mean talk about something that already has its own thread for that specific topic in a different thread?

                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286344

                      Can we continue the discussion there, I mean, there IS a thread for it. Why does the topic have to drag on into a different thread?
                      Closed Thread
                      Quick Reply

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:53 AM.