• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewy

Retired Champion
Years
This game has some awesome music

Just a quick update before I challenge the Elite Four.
My screenshot method failed miserably (damn ROM image crash :P) so instead I took (and will be taking) dodgy photos with my laptop webcam. Not the best quality, but you get the point.

Snapshot19-10-20124-02PM.png

Spoiler:

Ambipom.png

Diddy the Adamant Ambipom
Ability:Technician
Item:Silk Scarf
Lv:58
<Moves>
-Return
-Dig
-Payback
-Aerial Ace

<Stats>
HP: 183
Attack: 173
Defense: 108
Sp. Attack: 92
Sp. Defense: 104
Speed: 174

Champion!

Spoiler:

Snapshot19-10-20125-44PM.png
Snapshot29-10-20125-46PM.png
Snapshot39-10-20125-47PM.png

Ambipom.png

Diddy the Adamant Ambipom
Ability:Technician
Item:Silk Scarf
Lv:65
<Moves>
-Return
-Dig
-Payback
-Aerial Ace

<Stats>
HP: 204
Attack: 193
Defense: 121
Sp. Attack: 103
Sp. Defense: 116
Speed: 194

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
StaryuXStarmie Solo run Thread on FR

About to do StaryuXStarmie Solo Run THread on FR :) Posting SS soon.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Decided to finish up my Misdreavus solo-run along with my one in each challenge before continuing my nuzlocke.

I defeated Lenora and Misdreavus is already level 37, I just OHKO'd everything with Psybeam. :)
200.gif

-Psybeam
-Hex
-Payback
-Confuse Ray

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I beat Clay, and he was extremely easy. :P
I can't make a long post because my GF and I about to go see Sinister.

200.gif

Misdreavus Lv.49
-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
-Payback
-Confuse Ray

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Crystal Part 10: *wiggle wiggle*

Synopsis, if you don't wanna watch

1: Egg hatches! Who is it?
2: They changed a little side quest D:
3: Fought ?????????
4: Reached Ecruteak city!
5: Visited a gym!
6: Burned Tower!
7: ?????, or was it?

Spoiler:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Name: TrollShammy80
Pokemon: Butterfree
Ultimate: Ultimate
Game: Fire Red Omega/Storm Silver/Expert Emerald/Prestigious Platinum/Blaze Black 2

Years
Decided to do a Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard Ultimate Solo.

Will be playing through:
FireRed -> Gold -> Emerald -> Diamond -> Black

EDIT: Extra conditions for completion:
E4 Round 2 in FR
Red in Gold
Steven in Emerald
Cynthia in Diamond
Morimoto, Cynthia and Alder in Black

EDIT 2: Did some of the FireRed section of my Ultimate Solo.
Spoiler:

My Charizard:
Spoiler:

So far, this challenge has proven to be rather easy, but I expect it to get more difficult later on, especially around Blaine and onwards. Charmander only has trouble early on, but really comes out of its shell after the second gym, and even more so at Lv34 when it gains the super powerful Flamethrower.

EDIT: Update 2

Spoiler:

Charizard:
Spoiler:

So far, this run has been a cakewalk, with Charizard being able to one/two hit everything in her path. I'm actually hoping for more of a challenge to get rid of some of this boredom I currently have.

EDIT 3: Got bored at school and decided to play some more. Ended up finishing the Kanto section, but a few screenshots are missing because I wasn't paying attention while playing.

Spoiler:

Silver:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Pokemon Being Used: Phione
Game: Prestigious Platinum.

Sinnoh update #1

"Well Ken! Looks like we finally made it!" I told the Pokemon as I took a look at route 202. As we took our first steps onto the route, I remembered when I had first found Ken.

It was a warm, sunny day. I was relaxing beside the shore on lake Verity. Suddenly, something caught my eye. It was a blue figure in the water. In it's hands was a strange, blue egg. I quickly identified the Pokemon as a Manaphy. When I approached the Manaphy, it handed me the egg for no reason that I can recall! When the egg finally hatched, it hatched into a Phione instead of a Manaphy like I thought it would. I named the Phione "Ken" after my favorite character in Street Fighter 2. Ever since Ken hatched out of that egg, I have been going to lake Verity every day to show Ken to the Manaphy.

As we approached the first patch of grass, we were quickly stopped in our tracks by Dawn.
"Hey Crow! I decided that I'm going to teach you how to catch a Pokemon!"
I sighed, "I don't need to know how to catch a Pokemon. I'm going with just Ken over here!"
Dawn giggled, "Don't be silly! Having more Pokemon just adds more fun to the adventure!"
I sighed again. There was no convincing her to believe that Ken and I are doing this adventure...solo. "Fine! Teach me how to catch a Pokemon! I'll have to catch a HM slave anyway."

2 minutes later...

"And that is how use catch a Pokemon!" Dawn said proudly.
I nodded, "Thats cool! Anyway, I'd better be going to Jubilive city!"
'It just so happens that I'm heading there too!" Dawn said proudly. "I'll see you there! Bye!"

And with that, Dawn ran though the grass towards Jubilife city.
"OK Ken!" This looks like a good place to train!" I told the Pokemon.
The first thing I did was take out a TM containing the move return. I quickly taught it to Ken. Sadly, Return won't do a lot of damage yet because our friendship still needed some fine-tuning. It is something I plan to work on.

As for the trainers, they were easy to say the least. Ken plowed though them as fast as he did to wild Pokemon. Ken entered Jubilife city a stronger Phione! Of course, Dawn was waiting for us by the entrance,
"Crow! I have to show you this cool place! It's called the Pokemon trainers School. You can learn a lot about Pokemon there!" She told me.
"I think I know enough about Pokemon." I told her.
"Oh come on! I think I saw your friend, Raven, in there!" She said with a grin.
my eyes widened, "Raven is in there! Come on! Let's go!" I told her impatiently
She led me towards the trainers school. As we made it to the door, we noticed a man hiding besides the lampposts
"Umm...What are you doing? I asked the man.
The man shuddered backwards in surprise. "Oh-no! You found out that I'm part of the international police force!
Now it was my turn to shudder back in surprise. "Wait...what now?"
The man chuckled, "you're a smart kid. For that, I'll give you my name...NO! My code name! Just call me Looker! tell me if you see any strange activity in this area!"

The man slipped back towards the lampposts and walked away.
"That was weird!" Dawn told me. Anyhow, the trainer school is right here! I have to go back to professor Rowan's lab see you later!

After that, I entered the school and walked over to Raven, expecting a battle.
"Hey Raven! Up for a battle?" I asked him.
"Nah" He replied. "I'm too busy right now! I have to look up Status problems!"

To be continued!

Last edited:
Years
Cant be bothered with a long update right now, and to be honest, my memory wont let me recall everything (just like it forgot to screenshot me beating Chuck. I'll just post the screenshots of me beating each gym leader, E4 member and rival.

Spoiler:

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Finally, I woke up from the pit!
Crystal: 11

1. ??????
2. Kimono Showdown!
3. Dominating the Ecruteak Gym!
4. ????? *Sadface*
5. Victory!

Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Been a while since I last update but I've made some progress. I beat Koga, team rocket at Silph Co. and also Sabrina, and I last saved in the Pokemon Mansion.

Video:
Spoiler:

Spr_3f_124.png

Bewsa the Careful Jynx
Lv. 60 - Oblivious
Psychic, Water Pulse, Brick Break, Powder Snow

Years
This will probably my last update for a few weeks, as I'm going on holiday.

Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Beat the remaining gyms and I'm now on my way to the Pokemon League! Stopped in Victory Road.

Videos:
Spoiler:

Spr_3f_124.png

Bewsa the Careful Jynx
Lv. 69 - Oblivious
Psychic, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, Powder Snow

UPDATED!!
Finished the rest of FireRed!!
Lorelei was pretty easy, Slowbro took a while to go down but still didn't cause any problems.
Bruno was a piece of cake. OHKO'd everyone of his Pokemon.
Agatha was the same as Bruno.
Lance was easy too, OHKO'd everyone except Gyarados which went down with 2 hits.
Green went down with little problems. Charizard nearly took me out with his Fire Blast but he went down with 2 Psychics.

Videos:
Spoiler:

Spr_3f_124.png

Bewsa the Careful Jynx
Lv. 76 - Oblivious
Psychic, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, Powder Snow

Next stop Johto on Pokemon SoulSilver, don't know when I'll get started though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
Planning on doing a Gible - Gabite - Garchomp run in Pokemon Diamond :)

Edit-
Name: Stokey
Pokemon: Garchomp
Ultimate: Not now
Game: Diamond

Last edited:
Years
Seeing as I played quite a bit of this over the last few days and I just woke up at 2am, I thought I may as well post an update of my now completed Emerald part.

Spoiler:

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
can i hack in Pokemon from another region. i wanted to do Rayquaza in FR. also what is the max level i can hack into the game. i was probably gonna set it to level 5 like the starter Pokemon but i thought i would ask first. it doesn't say in the rules, but it seems like something that should be specified.
edit:
i used advancestarter to start the game with hitmonchan and i am on the ss anne right now. here are some screen grabs of Oaks lab and the first rival battlle and a screenshot of my hitmonchans moves . i have more pics but my internet is running slow so i will update later.
picture.php

picture.php

album.php

veridian forest
picture.php

forgot to screen shot brock but here is my spoils of war lol
picture.php

Last edited:
Years
can i hack in Pokemon from another region. i wanted to do Rayquaza in FR. also what is the max level i can hack into the game. i was probably gonna set it to level 5 like the starter Pokemon but i thought i would ask first. it doesn't say in the rules, but it seems like something that should be specified.

It is completely allowed, I mean I do it for most of my solo challenges. I just set them as my starter because it makes it a lot more efficient than having to catch etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back