• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I like Eric Bana. I mean, he's not on my top 10. Or my top 20. But he's good enough.

I do hate Edward Norton though. That voice. Ugh.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
....My mistake. I got confused between Eric Bana and Karl Urban :(

I like Eric too, but to me he's a B-grade actor, he hasn't really done anything significant in my eyes.

Last edited:
Years
I've been seeing ads for this new movie about Lincoln called... Lincoln. (Good job on that title, guys.) It's directed by Spielberg so I knew immediately it was going to have music by John Williams and I know it's going to be a good movie, but a paint-by-numbers movie that knows all the standard ways to tug at your heartstrings and manipulates you into all these feelings. But that's not the point I'm trying to get at. The point is that the previews have Tommy Lee Jones in them. He's clearly supposed to be some historical figure, but when you look at him, and more importantly hear him speak, you know it's Tommy Lee Jones (or as I like to say, That Guy from Men In Black) because he's one of those actors who can't seem be anyone other than who he is and that makes my skin crawl. In frustration. But it's still crawly feeling.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never liked Tommy Lee Jones. I saw Hope Springs a few months back simply because it contained Meryl Streep and she is in my core nine, but I can't shake the feeling that it would have been a much better movie with somebody else playing opposite her. He did the role well enough... he was everything he was supposed to be, but regardless it was Tommy Lee Jones. I guess it didn't help that the character he played is pretty much exactly as I imagine Tommy Lee to be in real life.

Years
I guess it didn't help that the character he played is pretty much exactly as I imagine Tommy Lee to be in real life.
I have trouble watching some shows/movies when I get this vibe from actors. That's why I used to try to stay ignorant of who they were and just focus on the characters and story.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Yeah, I have a issue with a actor playing someone with a personality which is the exact same as the actor irl. It comes off as lazy writing.

As a side note, IT'S THANKSGIVING!!! even though the UK doesn't celebrate it

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Sakurasou is probably my absolute favourite this season. And Kaibutsu is funny as hell.
I made the right choice watching those too :D

Another romance series I'm watching is Sukitte ii na Yo, I think it's based of a really popular manga.
While not as interesting as some other stuff, I like it a lot too.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Jenna Rose >>>>> Anything to come out of ARK Music Factory (Rebecca Black, Nicole Westbrook, etc.) 'My Jeans' is the pinnacle of all child-labour-law-breaking-rich-parent-abusing 'music' that's all hip and down wiv it now.

Years
I really want to find something positive to say about this and not be like everyone else making fun of these kids, but I really can't think of anything.

Youtube is the modern Colosseum.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Oh God, Jon, her again. I thought we had left Jenna Rose and her Grammy award-winning single My Jeans back in February, but no, Jon, no, you had to bring her back. Now Jenna and her jeans will return to haunt the airwaves once again.

Since we are linking, uh, magnificent songs from equally magnificent artists, I'd like to bring back my personal favorite: Hot Problems.

Hot girls, we have problems too
We're just like you, except we're hot

Years
Oh god. Not THEM. Especially Jenna.

Although I guess she'd just say that I'm so mad cuz she looks fab. Haha, jack her swag.

And hot problems. I actually find this song really entertaining to listen to. And some of the parodies are really funny. Like the one about Romney? Priceless! :D

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Aside from JC Staff actually doing a really good job this time, I'd say for me it's the actually quite unusual relations between the characters; that while being unorthodox for anime standards (I mean, the guy is basically taking care of an autistic girl), it still presents itself in a very attractive, and sort of erotic but not over the top way. It leaves you wanting more again and again.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My favourite part of Hot Problems is that they didn't even bother to go to the trouble of auto-tune. They really thought they could sing and they thought "Autotune? We don't need that! We'll let our natural voices shine!"

That took balls.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Another gem from Pato, Perfect You is just a failure. Not only does it cover a painfully generic and cheesy Aesop, it also has creaky autotune and a beat which fits more in with a Halloween song.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
*****es please. Hot Problems is old. It's all about Thanksgiving now!

Yeah, that just happened. I don't like how much she's getting into crossing the days off of her calendar at the start...

edit: PARA-DOX FIX YOUR AVATAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back