• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Shining Waters and Hazing Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

49ad1c3499ae0796d36f19c891c1351b-d6j4yos.png

Intro

Welcome to Pokemon Steam, a game that will span two entirely different versions, giving you two ways to explore the amazing region of Charpa! The game is set to feel like a completely new Pokemon game, so Fakemon will be prominent, but like most games, older Pokemon will be featured as well. Our goal is to try to keep to the general style of the ADV games, so sprites, tiles, etc will be updated, but should retain the feeling of an old Pokemon game.

Story

You awake one morning to find that you are late to meet the famous Prof Karri with your friend, Lars. After visiting his home, his older sister tells you he left to go to Shinygrove City and encourages you to get the as fast as you can to bring him a something he left at home. Upon leaving the town, a lab aid catches you and tells you that you shouldn't go into Route 1 without a Pokemon. He takes you into the lab to give you one, and then he sees that wild Pokemon broke in and are attacking Prof Karri! He pushes you towards them and tells you to do something. You
manage to scare the Pokemon away and the Prof tells you how dangerous it was for you to do that, and gives you a Pokemon to properly protect yourself in the future.
That's how the journey begins... How will it end? Fight your way through the brute force of Team Next, defeat the Gym Leaders, and prove to Lars and your older sister, Piper, that you can become the League Champion!

Screenshots

shining_waters_hazing_flames__new_screens__1_by_pokemonswhf-d78c53p.png
shining_waters_hazing_flames__new_screens__2_by_pokemonswhf-d78vlb9.png

new_things__animated_by_pokemonswhf-d79kqgk.gif

Team Next

Team Next is an organization of workers form the NextClear Power Co., a company working in Charpa to provide the region with all-natural and efficient energy. The group that calls themselves Team Next is revolting against the company, and is replacing their expensive all-
natural energy supply with a much cheaper alternative, and they are using the waste from their new means of energy production to do experiments on the Pokemon in Charpa. Their goal is unknown, some think it is to make many while others think that that's part of a more elaborate scheme. How will Team Next's actions affect the region of Charpa? What ends up being
their goal?

Features

All-new region of Charpa
Fakemon and Original Pokemon
All New Characters
An Involving Storyline
Gym Leader Challenges (extra quests)
Team Next - The New Evil Organization
Custom Graphics (OW and Battle Sprites, Battle Backgrounds, Text Boxes, HP
Bars...)
Animated Tiles
Post-Game Events in the Greenblue Isles
And more!

Meet Some New Pokemon!

Here are some sprites!

unnamed_grass_starter_by_3d_papaya-d78p8qx.png
fire_starter_by_3d_papaya-d78p8xx.png

catenna_sprite_by_pokemonswhf-d6la25f.png
beadle_by_3d_papaya-d6d1ukh.png
salaqua_sprite_by_pokemonswhf-d6kd2fp.png
orslit_by_3d_papaya-d6kgvvg.png

spritedexupdated_by_pokemonswhf-d6w8awe.png

*Fakemon Sprites will be updated before release.

Here is some concept art! (Warning: Large Images)

Spoiler:

*We know we're not good artists. The artwork is just to give you an idea of what our Fakemon will be based on.

Hack Team
PapayaPerson - Storyline and Plot, Fakemon Ideas/Design
Reshilegend - Mapping, Tile Inserting, Fakemon designing and spriting
Smeargle - Spriting, Scripting

~Help Wanted~

- Scripters (Experienced scripters are preferred)
- Spriters (especially for Trainers and OWs!)
- Music Editors/Composers
- Animation/Icon Editors
- Custom Tile Designer (optional)

Glitches/Bugs
None as of yet! ;D

Current Releases

None yet. Keep checking back!

Future Release Dates
Demo Version - To Be Announced
Alpha 1.0 - To Be Announced

Userbars and Banners
SupportBar_zps6b0e8ad8.png

steam_support_bar_by_3d_papaya-d6khex0.png

shining_waters_support_bar_by_3d_papaya-d6khenn.png

hazing_flames_support_bar_by_3d_papaya-d6khe7h.png

Credits
Endrasa (DeviantART) - Certain Fakemon Sprites
xGal - Music

Credits for tiles:
Spoiler:

If we forgot someone, let us know. List will be updated.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2016
is it possible to the hack version to hav a question in order to go through a certain place? like there is a man blocking a way and he ask for question. and we need to type what is the correct answer of the question. its nicer to type than a multiple choice so that it will be thougher..

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
This hack looks really interesting. I really want to play! Hopefully you see it through because I'm sure a lot of people would like to play. I know that I love a good fakemon hack, so good luck! I'm excited!

marcc5m

what
Years
Fakémon need a bit of work. I recommend reading some tutorials and using other sprites as a reference.
They're better than my first sprites though so good job.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I can't believe I overlooked this one. It is cool but mapping is plain. Storyline is ok but oak is too overused as the professor. Good luck on it mate!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Wow! All the features and screens look so polished :) now all that you gotta change are the OWs of the people ^^ good luck!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
A few new screenshots:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

We'll change the overworld sprites eventually.

Feedback on the tiles and pallets/the hack in general is appreciated! ^^

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
A few new screenshots:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

We'll change the overworld sprites eventually.

Feedback on the tiles and pallets/the hack in general is appreciated! ^^
Fakemon hacks are interesting can't wait to see the overworld sprites

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Nice tiles.

picture.php

That mini tree looks really odd. The colors make it look really weird. The grass on the bottom of the trees look really weird as well. Fakemon could use some work. Also will this hack have 100% fakemon?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Nice tiles.

That mini tree looks really odd. The colors make it look really weird. The grass on the bottom of the trees look really weird as well. Fakemon could use some work. Also will this hack have 100% fakemon?

Thank you! :)

Yeah, it looked odd cause I simply imported a new palette without recoloring the tile. I hope it looks better now after my editing (check the attachment). I also changed the grass below the tree a bit, but I didn't see anything weird there.
As Papaya has said, we're focussing on Fakemon but we'll also insert a few already existing Pokemon, for example those who'll get new (Pre-) evos in this hack.
The main feeling when playing this game should be the same as playing a new Pokemon game without knowing the Pokemon. (which is cool imo)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

that beadle looks nice. Does it evolve? I'm curious of what it turns into. I'm kind of a bug-type nut.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
molivious said:
that beadle looks nice. Does it evolve? I'm curious of what it turns into. I'm kind of a bug-type nut.

It will evolve, but atm we're not showing its evo yet. We might reveal more Fakemon soon if we have enough time to create their sprites in the near future.

MewPalkiaReshiram said:
This hack looks so cool! Cant wait to play it! :D

Thanks! Be sure to stay tuned to this thread for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back