• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Community Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I may not be able to make it for the 27th, haha, since it's technically gonna be a good chance at actually going to a Halloween party without having to worry about work in the morning. But if there are gonna be any people hanging around on the 28th or 26th I'll be happy to chill with them. :D

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
this all sounds fun but could we have a tournament with the real games too? i'm not much of a fan of the battle server and my computer is REALLY slow lately

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I may not be able to make it for the 27th, haha, since it's technically gonna be a good chance at actually going to a Halloween party without having to worry about work in the morning. But if there are gonna be any people hanging around on the 28th or 26th I'll be happy to chill with them. :D
Sorry, but moving it to Sunday would make it inconvenient for everyone planning to stay until midnight or so (weekday comes after). ;( Community Day will (probably) always be on Saturday in the future, unless it's winter or summer break. But yeah, activity usually lasts for another day after CD.

this all sounds fun but could we have a tournament with the real games too? i'm not much of a fan of the battle server and my computer is REALLY slow lately
There isn't much of a demand for it (I've only been asked once before this). However, I might set up a poll for whether or not we should introduce Wi-Fi tournaments on the next Community Day once this CD is over.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm going to end Community Day 7 early. We simply don't have enough people online to continue this. Hopefully the next CD will be more successful than this one. Also, I think we should hold off on starting another CD for a month or two (Thanksgiving or Christmas theme perhaps).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm just bumping this to let everyone that CommDay 8 planning has started. There is a poll for deciding the date, so please vote if you're interested!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I voted for the 22, but I'm fine with either :)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I'm up for two commdays really but woohoo did raise an interesting point. What if there weren't enough people for either? Personally, I have no problems in attending since I have no obligations on both days but the possibility of not enough people showing up still stands (I think this is also the problem with past commnights, hopefully it wouldn't happen). Hopefully we can push this through!

Years
don't see the downside to two commdays aside from more work for wolf and it being his idea suggests to me that he is up for that.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
don't see the downside to two commdays aside from more work for wolf and it being his idea suggests to me that he is up for that.

I thought of the same thing as well, actually even asking people "who would say no to two comm days?!" I think woohoo voted no because he thought, basing from the past comm days, that comm day = promotion day due to auths being given out after the last comm days. Not quite sure though so don't quote me on that one. I just want to push this through. :3

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
November 22nd at about 5 PM eastern time is a good time for me
That's on Thanksgiving; most people are busy that day, and I certainly will be. That doesn't give us much time to prepare anyway.

I'm up for two commdays really but woohoo did raise an interesting point. What if there weren't enough people for either? Personally, I have no problems in attending since I have no obligations on both days but the possibility of not enough people showing up still stands (I think this is also the problem with past commnights, hopefully it wouldn't happen). Hopefully we can push this through!
True, but Nica and I figured that the previous Community Day was unsuccessful because of the lack of advertisement and notice. And if the NYE CommDay doesn't work out, it's no big deal. It really depends on you guys if you all are interested enough in participating.

Indeed I am, but I might need extra help for hosting it. I can't guarantee that I won't be busy on either days.

I thought of the same thing as well, actually even asking people "who would say no to two comm days?!" I think woohoo voted no because he thought, basing from the past comm days, that comm day = promotion day due to auths being given out after the last comm days. Not quite sure though so don't quote me on that one. I just want to push this through. :3
Well, some may get sick of CommDay if there's too many of them haha. Speaking of promotions, I could hold off on them until the NYE CommDay for the purpose of giving it an activity boost.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I can help if you need it, given I can use the ~all powerful~ declare command!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Annnd I take that back, I'm afraid I'm not sure whether or not I'll be busy on New Year's Eve. I don't want to back out on this much later on when we have already planned everything. As a result, I'm going to stick with only one CommDay on Dec 22nd. Besides, many others will be busy on NYE anyway, but this doesn't mean that those who will be here can't celebrate New Years Day. And hey, if there are enough people online, there can still be tournaments. Anyway, moving promotions to the NYE CommDay would be silly, since they're more appropriate for the Christmas-themed CommDay (presents!).

Also, let's hope that Dec 21 won't be the end of the world, haha!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Anyway, bombard away with tournament ideas; we especially need a Christmas tournament theme! Here is the list of (undecided) tournament themes.

1. Christmas theme
2. NU
3. OU
4. Randbats
5. Seasonal Randbats
...then repeat

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I don't know, but I don't think Haunted OU is appropriate with the Christmas theme. Maybe something like mono-ice tourney? I can't really think of anything else right now lol

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Or a monocolour tourny with white, green, and red as the colors?
I think this would be the best theme to go with; it seems more Christmas-related than Ice monotype. I think Nica had an idea a while back where everyone uses Delibird in their team, but I'll wait until she finds it. Monocolor still seems like the best option though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back