• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does PC distract you from important offline tasks?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do you ever find that PC distracts you, or is used as a distraction, from important offline things such as work or relationships and therefore hinders you in such areas?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
YES! This happens often. PC tends distracts me from doing things I need to get done and also stalls me from going to bed early. I keep wanting to post in more and more topics or reply to a few VMs. And then I end up putting things off.In fact it's after 6am here as typing and I haven't gotten any sleep yet. XD

Last edited:
Years
Yes, whenever I'm replying to a topic or a VM I'm almost always late for work, or even forget about my food.

Sometimes it makes me sleep too late.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Yes, but PC is only a contributor to the fire. YouTube is the epicenter of blame.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I often spend too much time on a lot of places, PC and other forums being one of them. If I have some sort of assignment I need to work on, I tend to give the forum 'another five minutes' and that five minutes turns into ten, and that turns into thirty, then an hour... and I end up doing the assignment the next morning. :I

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
Well, I personally don't get distracted easily.

If I need to do something in real life, I simply tell whoever I am talking to that I need to go or close out any forums that I have to work on the project.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
PC is just one of the oh-so-many distractions that prevents me from doing important things. I'm not really easily distracted but lately I easily forget that I have to do something important due to doing something else important. Ugh priorities.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I could see it's potential to, but I am not yet so ingrained into this community as most of you are, and as such, I fall not to such tantalization o.O

Years
Yes but I make the choice to distract myself. I can't continuously work for very long periods of time so I like to take short breaks and I often spend that time browsing PC, Facebook and Twitter.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Sometimes PC detracts me from doing my homework or spending time with family. Nowadays, I have to control how much time I spend on here, since I might end up making my cousins' Internet connections lag.

Years
Yes it does but, I think it's less PC distracting me and more me LETTING it distract me. I'm a major procrastinator (I even procrastinate on sleeping) and so I think I use PC as an excuse not to do my homework or something. "Oh I want to post in all these threads" or "Oh I'm having an awesome conversation with this person" but the most often excuse is "Oh I'll get off at 9...oh wait it's 9:13? I'll just get off at 9:30..." >_<

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yes, it does! Ever since I signed up for PC, this wonderful place has become one of the reasons I switch on my laptop every day. I get distracted from my priorities very easily. PC is included in these distractions and one of the reasons I procrastinate, coming in very closely to my first-place distraction which is YouTube.

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
No, not at all yo. But PC does distract me from online things like YouTube, Facebook, Fakku..

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It used to, a long time ago. Now I've managed to strike a good balance, I think, and I can be active here as well as in my offline life.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sadly, yes. I wish it wasn't the case but PC and a few other sites often keep me from doing offline tasks. I've gotten a little better but not my much.

Back