• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Games of your Childhood?

FrankOcean

OFWGKTA ALL DAY
Years
The only game console I had as a kid was a Playstation, so I never had the chance of playign Smash Brothers or Pokemon Snap or Mario Kart. Pretty much any N64 game.
But the Playstation is still my favorite console just because it had two of the best video games I've ever played.

Spyro and Crash Bandicoot are what made me love it. They were the only games aside from the occasional GTA I'd ever play. Not even Pokemon felt as fun for me. But, omg, Crash and Spyro I miss them so much.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Animal Crossing, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. basically.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, Pokemon was definitely the most notable of the games I grew up with, since those games were pretty much the only games I played up untill I got my Gamecube. I had already been introduced to the Mario games beforehand, and I remember I had Super Mario Land for the Gameboy Color at the time, but I was horrible at platforming games at the time, so I never really felt like playing. Once I got my Gamecube though, it came with Mario Kart Double Dash and the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, and for a long time I only ever played the Mario Kart, untill I finally decided to check out the LoZ game. At first I thought it was just full of demo's, and that I had to buy the games individually to actually play them, since that was the impression I got from the Wind Waker demo, which I was totally mad in love with, and with that I didn't even play the other games, since I thought the graphics were horrible in comparison to WW, and it wasn't till much later that I discovered they were actually full games, and they eventually came to be some of my favourites.

Later on I got the Wind Waker, which was pretty much all I wanted to have to do with the Zelda games at the time, since they were the kind of cartoony graphics that I loved at the time, and it went relatively well, up untill when it all became fetch quest, and I had no idea what I was supposed to do, so I let the game lie for a pretty long time. That was around the time when I discovered the other games were full games, and later on I got the Four Swords Adventures, which, compared to the other Zelda games, were relatively easy. And yeah, I pretty much stayed with the Zelda games for a pretty long time, being the only games I myself got apart from other Pokemon titles for my handheld systems, but looking at all my Gamecube games, they're all Zelda games apart from Double Dash, so it's easily my most prominent collection of games of any series.

But yeah, I've obviously played lots of other games, but none has influenced my childhood as much as the Zelda games, and they all stay very close, despite losing a few of them along the way in my carelessness lol.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Grew up with Pokemon Silver, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto 3, Pokemon Ruby, and Metroid Prime in my youth.

Blaze42

The Spirit of Chaos
Years
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic Heroes, Zoo Tycoon, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Kingdom Hearts were essentialy my childhood. (Minus Pokémon, of course)

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
My childhood was built on N64, Gamecube and GBA, with the latter two being the most prominent.

Smash Bros. Melee , Wind Waker, MK: Double Dash are the obvious choices from the Gamecube, but in terms of the maybe lesser played games, Timesplitters 2 was a massive part of my childhood.
GBA also had some classics, Fire Emblem (both 7 and 8), Advance Wars (both 1 and 2) and Harvest Moon being the main ones that sculpted my childhood.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I grew up with the SNES, my grandma and I would play "Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind", "Donkey Kong Country" "Super Mario World" "Super Mario All Starts" every single day (around 1994). I also liked playing alone "Sim City". I miss the old days, playing it on an Emulator is fun, but its not the same.

When I first played N64 I got hooked on "Conker's Bad Fur Day" "Vigilante 8" and "Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense", after school, I played them for hours

That was until the PS2 came out and I first played "Grand Theft Auto 3", I was hooked on GTA games.

Now, I'm into playing Pokemon and "Sim City 4"/"The Sims" more than any other types of games. I still play some SNES games on Emulator with my grandma.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I grew up with a Megadrive, so my early childhood consisted mostly of Sonic the Hedgehog games, as well as Columns (I had a Gameboy, but I never got a copy of Tetris, oddly...) and The Revenge of Shinobi. Prior to Pokemon, I didn't have that many games on my Gameboy: Super Mario Land, Zelda: Link's Awakening, and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game were the extent of my arsenal.

My next-door neighbour had an N64 and a PS1, so I also had some exposure to Rayman, Banjo Kazooie and the original Oddworld, as well...although not as much as I would have liked at the time.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I grew up on the N64/PSone but mainly N64. My absolute favorite game from childhood would have to be Donkey Kong 64, closely followed by Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie and the original Super Smash Bros. Also enjoyed the Spyro series quite a bit, Spyro the Dragon was actually the first game I ever owned, alongside DK64. brb drowning in nostalgia D;

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I grew up with the SNES, my grandma and I would play "Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind", "Donkey Kong Country" "Super Mario World" "Super Mario All Starts" every single day (around 1994). I also liked playing alone "Sim City". I miss the old days, playing it on an Emulator is fun, but its not the same.

When I first played N64 I got hooked on "Conker's Bad Fur Day" "Vigilante 8" and "Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense", after school, I played them for hours

That was until the PS2 came out and I first played "Grand Theft Auto 3", I was hooked on GTA games.

Now, I'm into playing Pokemon and "Sim City 4"/"The Sims" more than any other types of games. I still play some SNES games on Emulator with my grandma.
Did you just say Bubsy?

Uh, wow. I only heard horrible things about that game.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
It'd take me an age to list every game I played during my childhood, but I'll list those that stick out. I've been an avid gamer since I was like, three, and layed my hands on a SNES controller for the first time ever.

SNES: Super Mario World, Mario Allstars Collection, Street Fighter II Turbo
Sega Genesis: Sonic, Sonic II, Sonic III, Sonic and Knuckles
PS1: Tekken Series, Final Fantasy Series (Yes, unfortunately my first experience of IV, V and VI were on PS1)
Theme Park World, Digimon World, Yugioh Forbidden Memories, Star Ocean II,
Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil Series, Crash Bandicoot Series, Spyro I
GBC: Tetris, Pokémon Series
GBA: Golden Sun Series, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Pokémon Series, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
PS2: Star Ocean III, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Timesplitters Series, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Whiplash, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3&4, Bully(Canis Canem Edit), Dragon Quest VIII
PC: TESIII Morrowind, TESIV Oblivion, Civilization 4, LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth, Age of Empires II

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Hmm, there are so many.

Tetris handheld
A formula 1 racer hadheld
Tamagotchi
plenty of NES games

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I remember all the Hours I spent playing Zelda Ocarina of Time and how fun it was to invite friends over fro some SSB. Other games that come to mind are the Mario and Metroid Series.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
Let's see, my strongest memories of childhood gaming involved the SNES, GBC and N64. Our neighbours had a SNES so we would often be over there playing Mortal Kombat or Diddy Kong Country 2.At home I had a GBC with Links Awakening that was given to me by the son of one of my aunty's friends (He had two copies and gave me one, what a nice guy), Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country and Mario. Then came OoT, Lylat Wars, Pokemon Stadium/Snap and Top Gear Overdrive on the 64. I never got to own Conker's or Super Smash Bros which didn't phase me, I played them at people's houses and that was enough.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I entered the video game scene (other than those cute reading computer games. Oh man how I loved those so much) when I was eight, so pretty late I guess? Anyways, the follow games are definitely part of my childhood memories:

Pokemon Silver (as well as Gold, Crystal, and finally Ruby).
Pokemon Stadium
Diddy Kong Racing
Kirby and the Crystal Shades
Banjo Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot (GBA one)

And that's pretty much it from the top of my head hahaha. Not sure what age you stop considering what you do as 'childhood'

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
hmmm... don't have game consoles but do remember playing Snake and Space Impact on my parent's cellphone. Ah, those were the good times...

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Aside from anything in the Pokemon series, one of my first favorite games was Sonic Adventure. As a little five-year old, I loved wandering around and talking to the NPCs in the Adventure Fields. I am pretty sure I am one of the only fans of that game that enjoyed the overworld areas, but it's probably just that Sonic fans, when not ranting about Sonic's eye color, prefer straight platformer gameplay.

And around the age of nine, my sister purchased a used copy of Harvest Moon 64. I even remember that she didn't want me to tell our dad because it cost $40. Even though I have largely moved toward mobile gaming since the newer console generations, I still love playing it on my N64 from time to time. Reminds me of how some fans have called the newest installment about on-par with Harvest Moon 64...I'll lobby for a 3DS for Christmas. :D

Last edited:
Years
I pretty much played every single PS1 game ever. I was so proud of myself for beating Metal Gear Solid at age 8. Here are the ones that pop into my head:

-Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
-Twisted Metal (PS1)
-Spyro (1 and 2) (PS1)
-Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue (PS1)
-The Lion King (Sega Genesis)
-Hercules Action Game (PC)
-Tarzan (PC)
-Spider-Man (PS1)
-GTA (PS1)
-Lego Star Wars (PS2)
-Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (PS2)
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
-Super Mario 64 (N64)
-Pokemon Snap (N64)
-Super Smash Bros. (N64)
-Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Hard to say, since I wasn't much of a gamer when I was little. The games I remember playing as a kid were all on the Nintendo 64 and PS1, like the Crash Bandicoot 2. Those were the good times...

Banjo-Kazooie, SSB, Pokémon Stadium, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64. I can only remember these games for the PS1: Tony Hawks Pro Skater, CB, GTA and Spyro. I had good times playing that.

These are the games of my childhood. Except I barely even played them, I just usually watched my brother do it instead. x3

Back