The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Fan Games Hub The Team Room Archive
Team Legacy

The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 4th, 2012 (5:35 PM). Edited November 4th, 2012 by Tman.
Tman's Avatar
Tman Tman is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 144
    Team Legacy

    Introduction
    Hello fellow pokemon hackers! Tman here asking a favor of anyone interested in being involved in some upcoming hacks revolved around already existing pokemon trainers. I've always loved the hacks people manage to come up with so I figured that with help from some other intelligent minds out there, we could make some unbelievably amazing hacks. I haven't had much experience at hacking and my work is sloppy at best, but I'm hoping with my many ideas, and those idea's of others, we can make a project that people will be playing for a long time.

    Current Project
    The current project is going to be Pokemon Purple: The Legacy of Youngster Joey (Title still a work in progress)

    Features
    - Play as everyone's favorite Rattata enthusiast.
    - The emergence of an evil organization known as Tech Corp.
    - A dark, sinister, story sure to ensue many hours of gameplay.
    - A large number of 4th & 5th Gen pokemon along with an amount of Fakemon.
    - Mythology that corresponds with old legendaries and new.
    - A new region with many advanced technologies and excitement.

    Story
    In Pokemon Purple, you will embark on a journey in a new region (yet to be named) as Youngster Joey from Pokemon G/S/C! Coming to this new region following the crowning of a new champion (one that you know very well at that) you will learn the fate of yourself as you try to live up to the hype of one of the greatest pokemon trainers of your generation. In this quest you will encounter the evil Tech Corp, as they try to use technology to take control of the world. As intentions fall short of the true evil that will become a reality because of, a story of a misguided trainer will come to the surface! See where your destiny places you in this mess known as Pokemon Purple.

    Hackers and Job Opportunities
    I invite all hackers from the seasoned hacker that has been hacking for years, to the new guy with great ideas just getting their feet wet. Some spots require experience more than others but all are welcome to apply. The only thing I ask is that anyone who joins to be open to helping with any ideas for improving the storyline or gameplay in general.

    Jobs Wanted But Not Limited To:
    - Spriter
    - Mapper
    - Tile Specialist
    - *Scripter* (Most need position)
    - Storyline Specialists
    - Any areas of expertise not mentioned

    Members Involved In Any Way
    Tman109ner: Major- Storyline, Minor- Mapping and Spriting
    DisesioN: Major- Mapping
    Ice-Dragon: Major- Storyline
    Tohoma: Major- Scripting

    Application
    Preferred Name:
    Areas Of Expertise:
    Forms Of Contact: (Skype, email, ect.)
    Proofs Of Work: (Just To Get A Feel Of What You're Capable Of)
    Past Projects:

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old October 12th, 2012 (8:49 AM).
    DisesioN's Avatar
    DisesioN DisesioN is offline
    Most powerful pokemon trainer
       
      Join Date: Mar 2012
      Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Gentle
      Posts: 21
      Preferred Name: Disesion
      Areas Of Expertise: Mapping
      Forms Of Contact: (Skype, email, ect.) twitter twitter.com/EgidijusDapkus
      Proofs Of Work: (Just To Get A Feel Of What You're Capable Of) still can't post images (will send you PM if interested)
      Past Projects: none, I never joined such a team.
        #3    
      Old October 26th, 2012 (8:45 PM).
      Ice-Dragon's Avatar
      Ice-Dragon Ice-Dragon is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2012
        Location: Australia
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 41
        Preferred Name: Ice-Dragon
        Areas Of Expertise: Storyline Specialist
        Forms Of Contact: Email - [email protected] or just VM/PM here.
        Proofs Of Work: (Just To Get A Feel Of What You're Capable Of) I don't really have any, because I'm 'the new guy with great ideas just getting their feet wet.' I just like writing and creating storylines, so my Grammar is almost perfect. (Maybe I could be a dialogue editor as well?)
        Past Projects: None, as I mentioned, I'm just getting my feet wet.
          #4    
        Old October 28th, 2012 (2:23 PM).
        Tman's Avatar
        Tman Tman is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 144
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DisesioN View Post
          Preferred Name: Disesion
          Areas Of Expertise: Mapping
          Forms Of Contact: (Skype, email, ect.) twitter twitter.com/EgidijusDapkus
          Proofs Of Work: (Just To Get A Feel Of What You're Capable Of) still can't post images (will send you PM if interested)
          Past Projects: none, I never joined such a team.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ice-Dragon View Post
          Preferred Name: Ice-Dragon
          Areas Of Expertise: Storyline Specialist
          Forms Of Contact: Email - [email protected] or just VM/PM here.
          Proofs Of Work: (Just To Get A Feel Of What You're Capable Of) I don't really have any, because I'm 'the new guy with great ideas just getting their feet wet.' I just like writing and creating storylines, so my Grammar is almost perfect. (Maybe I could be a dialogue editor as well?)
          Past Projects: None, as I mentioned, I'm just getting my feet wet.
          Both of you are in. Welcome to the team.
            #5    
          Old October 29th, 2012 (8:33 PM).
          Tohoma's Avatar
          Tohoma Tohoma is offline
          XSE School of Script Graduate
             
            Join Date: Nov 2007
            Location: Los Angeles, California
            Nature: Hardy
            Posts: 18
            Preferred Name: Tohoma
            Areas Of Expertise: Scripting
            Forms Of Contact: Email ([email protected])
            Proofs Of Work: I'll pm them to you.
            Past Projects: Technically I have been apart of 1 but the leader junked the project before I could script any of it. To be honest I too am just getting my feet wet.
            __________________
            Tohoma's PokePet

            Darkedge the level 25 Umbreon!
              #6    
            Old November 4th, 2012 (7:48 AM).
            Tman's Avatar
            Tman Tman is offline
               
              Join Date: Jan 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 144
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tohoma(Newbie) View Post
              Preferred Name: Tohoma
              Areas Of Expertise: Scripting
              Forms Of Contact: Email ([email protected])
              Proofs Of Work: I'll pm them to you.
              Past Projects: Technically I have been apart of 1 but the leader junked the project before I could script any of it. To be honest I too am just getting my feet wet.
              You're in!

              Okay guys, now is when the hack really starts coming together. First thing we need though is a tile specialist. With that, we can really start mapping and scripting this thing!
                #7    
              Old November 7th, 2012 (5:30 PM).
              Tohoma's Avatar
              Tohoma Tohoma is offline
              XSE School of Script Graduate
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2007
                Location: Los Angeles, California
                Nature: Hardy
                Posts: 18
                That sucks. Is there anything I can get started while we are waiting for our tile specialist?
                __________________
                Tohoma's PokePet

                Darkedge the level 25 Umbreon!
                  #8    
                Old November 20th, 2012 (5:47 PM).
                Tman's Avatar
                Tman Tman is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 144
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tohoma(Newbie) View Post
                  That sucks. Is there anything I can get started while we are waiting for our tile specialist?
                  Hmm, I guess talk to me and we can work on some test scripts.
                   
                  Quick Reply

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:48 PM.