• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Epic Moments?

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
I'm sure there are some of you that had one of those moments in your adventure, in mid-battle, that you never forgot about it again.

I'll start with a small example.

While playing Pokémon Black, I was battling Drayden, against his last Pokémon, Haxorus, who was able to KO half of my team. (I had 4 Pokémon concious when I started to fight Haxorus)

My Scolipede managed to do some damage, who put Haxorus at 1/4 of his HP, but it was KO'd. All I had left, was a Beartic, which had half of HP (revived by Scolipede before fainting). I had no more revives, potions or berrys to heal Beartic.

I was thinking "Ugh, I'm gonna have to fight this guy again..."

Haxorus used Dragon Tail, but to my surprise, my Beartic was able to survive the hit, having only 1 HP left. Beartic proceeded to use Icicle Crash, and it managed to beat Drayden.

Did you have any epic moments in your journey?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Off the top of my head, I barely won against Lenora in my Challenge Bowl run. I had a Smeargle, Phanpy, and Timburr. I only had Timburr left and in this challenge, you can only use a max of 3 items in gym battles and you can't save in front of leaders, as that counts as your score (like seasons in American football). So I had used all my 3 items and LUCKILY she used some status move and I was able to Low Kick her Watchog away, with like 1 HP left haha. Most miraculous moment ever for me, as far as I remember.

#isthenumbersign
Years
My starter in Pearl was about to be KOed by Mismagius, well killed I guess since it was a Nuzlocke run, but I Quick Clawed, Bite once, flinched her once, and Quick Clawed again for the win, all with like 4 HP left.

Pinta77

My greatest Pokemon moment was the last battle on Pokemon XD. Me and greevil both had shadow pokemon out and one of them used shadow lock. None of the moves were very effective and those same 4 shadow pokemon were out for like 20 turns.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Epic Moments? Hmmm...

I suppose you'll find it surprising that I caught a level 13 Caterpie in the bug-catching contest in HG/SS which had a HORRIBLE nature, and I won first place.

What's even more impressive is that I managed to flinch Cynthia's Spiritomb 4 times in a row before she eventually switched out. Lol, umadbrah? ^^

Years
In Black I was battling Ghetsis and we were both down to our last Pokemon (his Seismitoad vs. my Samurott) and I was low on HP and managed to KO it with two hits of Surf.

I can't believe I actually beat him on my first try.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
On Sapphire I was battling against Steven for the first time and I only had my Swampert left and his Cradily was out with 4 of his Pokemon remaining... somehow I pulled some inconceivable clutch.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Beating Palmer for the first time in Platinum with a team of Gyarados/Electivire/Scizor. Given the Battle Tower's tendency for hax, I had a hard time getting to the 49th battle, but I managed to pull through in the end with smart switching and brute force.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My most epic Pokemon moment was... Well, I bought Black version at midnight launch. 4 hours into the game, I reached Pinwheel Forest for the first time. The first wild Pokemon I encountered was a shiny Cottonee! Soooo freaking amazing. I've been playing since Red/Blue and NO moment was or will be as thrilling at that moment. I couldn't fall asleep until about 6 AM it was that surreal. -saved the game 5 times after catching shiny-

As for most epic battle, that would always be the time I battled my best friend in middle school. I have the battle saved on Emerald's video recorder. Nothing special happened (well, I won lol) but it's just epic to battle someone so close in general.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
My Most epic moment well. just recently i played pokemon emerald randomizer and I caught my second ever shiny pokemon.

shinyfemalenedoran.png

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
My Most epic moment well. just recently i played pokemon emerald randomizer and I caught my second ever shiny pokemon.

shinyfemalenedoran.png

Hope you know the background for a shiny Pokémon is supposed to be lighter than usual.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Not a battle moment, but I remember going through the Cycling Road in Emerald without bumping the sides. I've only done it that one time so it was pretty epic for me. No battling moment will ever surpass that. ;P

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
In Platinum against Cynthia. She fainted all my pokemon except Togekiss with her overleveled Garchomp (62). My pokemon were mid/early 50s. I put it to sleep with Togekiss' Yawn and revived a few guys I think while it was asleep. Of course Togekiss had to take quite a beating till Garchomp fell asleep. I didn't have any ice or dragon attacks on any pokemon. IIRC, I beat it with Togekiss' Return. After that she had two more pokemon left. Thankfully, they weren't as tough as Garchomp and I had counters to them revived.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
Not a battle moment, but I remember going through the Cycling Road in Emerald without bumping the sides. I've only done it that one time so it was pretty epic for me. No battling moment will ever surpass that. ;P

haha, i can relate SO much, that is memorable!

Years
My most epic moment was when I battling against the wild Volcarona in Black 2. The first ball I threw at it, resulted in a critical capture.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Finding out that the Mew glitch in Red/Blue was legit, but I think it was more of a "darn it! I wish I knew about this back in high school when everyone was playing this game" thing.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
In pokemon black and white, I was breeding some eggs and since I didn't have access to GTS, I was figuring out their IVs through giving them half a high level audino's EXP on the route above undella town so I could use online calculators at a more accurate level (this usually got them to level 16.) I had four level 1 houndour and only my sawk and archeops from my team. Things were going fine until I wandered a little too far. Turns out there was a trainer I had avoided the first time I came through the route. Oops, I got into a battle.

My sawk and archeops actually handeled the first two pokemon no prob, but then the trainer sent out her last pokemon, a level 68 espeon. It beat both the fighting type and glass cannon in a single hit each. It was at full health and I despaired as I had to go through the pointless process of picking which level one freshly hatched houndour to get curb stomped by the level 68 pokemon. I picked a little female pup and sent her out, picking ember because not that it would matter anyways. What happened next I didn't expect.

The espeon used Last Resort, which, of course, did nothing as it still had other moves.

For a moment I was confused, why had it used that of all things? And then, it dawned on me. It had no other non-psychic type damaging moves. Houndour was half dark and immune to its phsycic move, so the AI was trying to use Last Resort which quickly ran out of pp leaving it with nothing that could hurt my level 1 pokemon.

The very first ember the little houndour sent out caused a burn to the espeon. I got to watch the miracle of a level 68 slowly burn to death under the hands of the houndour. She ended up taking down the espeon dead alone. The exp bar went up and up and up. Level after level passed.

She gained enough exp to deposit her neatly at level 24. Which also happened to be EXACTLY enough levels for her to evolve into a houndoom. The badass houndoom earns herself the name The Major and a place on my team. Turns out her IVs were "Outstanding" too. **** yeah it was the best thing ever.

tldr; Level one, freshly hatched houndour finds itself stranded in a battle with a level 68 espeon. She manages to beat it, gains 23 levels all at once, and evolves all in one fell swoop. She's a badass and named The Major.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I faced Ho-Oh in Soul Silver at lvl 70. I lowered it's health but had no Pokemon alive to put it to sleep. I used all Pokeballs short of Master Ball and Love Ball. I caught it with the first Love Ball I threw. Lugia was the Pokemon I was using when I caught Ho-Oh.

Back